Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

So I'm at the dealership doing paperwork and poo poo. When the topic of adding stripes came up my buddy said nobody wants to install them because they come off. I want em but if they're just gonna come off ll just chill on the stripes.

E: I'm just gonna see about getting them painted on. gently caress it

fps_bill fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
They aren't gonna just fall off but if your car is a daily they will succome to weathering after a few years.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

They shot me a price of 865 just for the stripes, not installed. Every window sticker I looked at had stripes listed at 475 I think.

I'd like to think I could get painted stripes for what they quoted me for stick on ones.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Why go with stripes when you can go america?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/am-battle-borne-side-graphic-package-coupe-0517all.html

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I have some stripes on my hood and after 8000 miles they have a few chips and tears so if you have them on a leading edge keep in mind they will need replacing every once in a while.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Have your guys silly side mirror projectors that light up the mustang logo gotten all scratched up? Mine look completely terrible at +4 years old, I'd like to go ahead and somehow remove the Mustang stencil so they just become puddle lights.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I need these for my 'Murica 'Stang.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

RFC2324 posted:

I need these for my 'Murica 'Stang.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/distressed-flag-hood-decal-matte-blk-9904all.html

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I have replaced the pony in the front with a custom job that was painted as an american flag, and am contemplating painting the part between the stripes red. That one would screw up the tacky stripes aesthetic.

Which might make it even better.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Looking to get a used Mustang. Out of the past 10 years, which years have held up the most?

edit: It looks like 2011 is what I should look for. Looking for a manual v8

Michael Transactions fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 28, 2017

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

For $3,000 can't you just bribe the traffic judge by hiring his son to represent you in court?

It's not the cost as much as it is the points. +20 is 4 points; 3 of those in 12 months = suspended license.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

Looking to get a used Mustang. Out of the past 10 years, which years have held up the most?

2015+

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Yup anything 2011+

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

2011+ are the only realacceptable mustangs, and 2015+ are better than 11-14.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

LongSack posted:

It's not the cost as much as it is the points. +20 is 4 points; 3 of those in 12 months = suspended license.

The bribe it to have it changed to a zero point infraction. Haven't you seen Doc Hollywood?

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
Intercooler arrived today but my install buddy is traveling for work until the weekend.

BUT I WANT IT NOW :(

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Have fun with the intercooler install! I recently put on my Levels intercooler and it was a pain in the rear end. I forgot to plug in the ambient air temp sensor so now the car thinks it's 188 degrees out all the time. I'm to lazy to pull it apart again.
Watch out for the 7mm bolts on the corners of the bumpers in the wheel well.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
edit: nm I'm not awake yet.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord

BrownieVK posted:

Have fun with the intercooler install! I recently put on my Levels intercooler and it was a pain in the rear end. I forgot to plug in the ambient air temp sensor so now the car thinks it's 188 degrees out all the time. I'm to lazy to pull it apart again.

Looking good! Amusingly enough I was just looking at the instructions for the Levels intercooler because ETS didn't provide anything. Looks simple enough, and while the front bumper is off I'll swap the grilles and change the turn signal bulbs to switchbacks.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Quick question, on your new edge stangs, on the wiper cowl vent. Do you have fake slots in it or do you have an open slot to let air in/out?

Mine is cracked, and I need to replace it. My ride is a solid piece with the fake slots in it.

American Muscle and LMR.com sell the replacement, but it looks like they have open air slots. which is not what my car came with.
Here is an example of Ford OEM parts they sell.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-cowl-grille-9904.html

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-02228C/1999-04-Mustang-Cowl-Vent-Cover

This is the only pic I have of my cowl vent that I can find. I have the slots but they are fake and just imprinted into the plastic.
I would like to find this type of cowl vent.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Glue it, plastidip over the crack and then spend the $200 on gas and drive your car.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

Glue it, plastidip over the crack and then spend the $200 on gas and drive your car.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, its broken, must replace it!!!!!!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Either you or I have an aftermarket idler pulley and Im not sure who.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Mine is after market. the bearing went and it squeaked like crazy. it was $35.00 fyi

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

BrownieVK posted:

Did you have an easy time getting the bumper back on? When I did my IC I went in from the bottom since it was stock location.

I'm going to be getting new grills soon and ripping out the AGS system so I'll need to pull the bumper off. Not looking forward to putting it all back together.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

kalvick posted:

Quick question, on your new edge stangs, on the wiper cowl vent. Do you have fake slots in it or do you have an open slot to let air in/out?

Mine is cracked, and I need to replace it. My ride is a solid piece with the fake slots in it.

American Muscle and LMR.com sell the replacement, but it looks like they have open air slots. which is not what my car came with.
Here is an example of Ford OEM parts they sell.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-cowl-grille-9904.html

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-02228C/1999-04-Mustang-Cowl-Vent-Cover

This is the only pic I have of my cowl vent that I can find. I have the slots but they are fake and just imprinted into the plastic.
I would like to find this type of cowl vent.

Mine has real slots, both the one on it when I got it(which was shattered) and the replacement I got from Amazon for 50 bux(it doesn't look quite as good tho, it came in 2 pieces so there is a join in the middle).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007TY0G1I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
when it rains or you wash your car, where does all the water go though? does it splatter all inside the engine bay?

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

Buhbuhj posted:

Did you have an easy time getting the bumper back on? When I did my IC I went in from the bottom since it was stock location.

I'm going to be getting new grills soon and ripping out the AGS system so I'll need to pull the bumper off. Not looking forward to putting it all back together.

I'm gonna be honest it wasn't fun. I'm no stranger to wrenching but there's a lot of fiddly things you have to do. Getting the old grilles out was the hardest part believe it or not. They are held in with some insane clips that took me and a helper to pop out. I ended up clipping the old grilles plastic tabs off with some cutters.

Everything else is pretty straight forward. Pull splash guard, pop clips out of wheel wells enough to pull the liner back, unclip all lighting connectors, undo top radiator cover clips and bolts (don't forget the tiny 5.5 mm ones right under the rubber close to the headlights) Then make sure you have a 7mm ratcheting wrench for the single bolt under the headlights that hold the bumper on (these were a bitch). Then you pull up and out on the corners under the headlights (do this when it's warm to lessen the chance of breaking the clips). I broke a tab on mine but it went back together fine.
The AGS system is a mess, there's a hidden 5 or 6mm bolt that keeps it from coming straight out. There's two harness you might accidentally unclip the ambient air temp sensor (MAKE SURE ITS PLUGGED BACK IN!!) and the actual AGS motor. They can both be plugged back and ziptied out of the way, or your tuner can tune out the light for AGS.

Set aside an entire morning or afternoon it took me way longer than I thought. I could do one in half the time after doing it once.
Good luck!

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

H2SO4 posted:

Looking good! Amusingly enough I was just looking at the instructions for the Levels intercooler because ETS didn't provide anything. Looks simple enough, and while the front bumper is off I'll swap the grilles and change the turn signal bulbs to switchbacks.

I was going to get an ETS (in gold) but got a good deal on this. The levels video is one of the best ones for an install guide.
Side note: The levels dude is so ripped from lifting these intercoolers all day good lord that thing was awkward to hold in and bolt up myself.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Picked my car up today and this thing is loving badass. My only bitch is it sounds so tame. The stupid sound tube is stupid. I wanna get a CAI and ditch the resonator. Do you have to tune the car after go to a CAI and bigger throttle body.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

fps_bill posted:

Picked my car up today and this thing is loving badass. My only bitch is it sounds so tame. The stupid sound tube is stupid. I wanna get a CAI and ditch the resonator. Do you have to tune the car after go to a CAI and bigger throttle body.

yes

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
The GT is definitely too quiet stock, but I get it, gotta sell it to old men. Pretty much any exhaust you put on there is going to sound great, just depends how loud you want it.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I had my car for 13 loving hours and the paint is hosed! We got some serious winds and on my way home from work there was 1 spot where the wind storm turned into a gravel storm or some poo poo. My mirrors, and above my windshield are hosed, there's a few nicks on my windshield. I don't even want to look at my hood and front bumper. Or the rest off the car for that matter.

edit for pics:

I planned on not driving it till I got a clear bra done, but figured what the hell, ill take it to work today. This bitch is getting wrapped after i get it fixed.

fps_bill fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 2, 2017

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
That sucks. It is a comprehensive claim though so it shouldn't increase your rates. I think you know what to do, take the check and install a blower.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

fps_bill posted:

I had my car for 13 loving hours and the paint is hosed! We got some serious winds and on my way home from work there was 1 spot where the wind storm turned into a gravel storm or some poo poo. My mirrors, and above my windshield are hosed, there's a few nicks on my windshield. I don't even want to look at my hood and front bumper. Or the rest off the car for that matter.

edit for pics:

I planned on not driving it till I got a clear bra done, but figured what the hell, ill take it to work today. This bitch is getting wrapped after i get it fixed.

I think I got a crack on my windshield (the sort that requires replacement, not just patching)... 48 hours after taking possession of mine? I said the gently caress word, as I'm sure you may have. poo poo sucks.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Dude all that is worth it if you put a blower in with that insurance money.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
Seriously though, if you put on the blower then nobody will be able to see your paint. Problem solved.

(sorry about your paint though :()

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

I like the way you guys are thinking but I'm gonna get the paint fixed, I kinda have to since I told the adjuster to issue the check to the body shop and me. While it's at the body shop I'm gonna see about getting black stripes shot on it. Then that bitch is getting film.

Shoulda heard the adjuster when I told him there's 280 miles on the car.

E: God drat does a murdered out 700 horsepower mustang sound amazing right now.

fps_bill fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 3, 2017

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
You have the right to request that check to yourself.

Do the blower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I would probably enjoy your warranty for a little while. Also twin turbo setup instead.