Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I liked the Chef Kevin and Sous Chef Cody bit for the Blue Apron ad. Chef Kevin uses only the freshest ingredients from Blue Apron!

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So I listened to the first episode of Schmucks and it's pretty good. Steve made a genuine and very stupid mistake. A mistake that you can't just come out and say you were joking about later, so he went with it and just hoped no one cared enough to actually check it out. He's a lovely person for doing what he did, but he's so genuinely sorry about it, that you can't really hate him.

I listened to the 2nd episode, and Nicole Arbour is the worst human being alive. She's just truly terrible in every single way. Regina George in real life. The interviewer acknowledges in the beginning that she was mad at herself afterwards because she really kisses Arbours rear end. I bet she'd like a do over on that one.

Martin Shkreli is the 3rd episode and i'm not sure I can listen. You just know he doesn't care how hated he is.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ArtVandelay posted:

So I listened to the first episode of Schmucks and it's pretty good. Steve made a genuine and very stupid mistake. A mistake that you can't just come out and say you were joking about later, so he went with it and just hoped no one cared enough to actually check it out. He's a lovely person for doing what he did, but he's so genuinely sorry about it, that you can't really hate him.

I listened to the 2nd episode, and Nicole Arbour is the worst human being alive. She's just truly terrible in every single way. Regina George in real life. The interviewer acknowledges in the beginning that she was mad at herself afterwards because she really kisses Arbours rear end. I bet she'd like a do over on that one.

Martin Shkreli is the 3rd episode and i'm not sure I can listen. You just know he doesn't care how hated he is.

this show is pretty crazy with its guests. some guy who lies about being in a tragedy, then some lady who insults fat people and beats her boyfriend, then some guy who makes life saving medicine unaffordable. i hear next week's guest is going to be henry kissinger

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's a howl thing so I think it's just the 3 episodes

kind of an interesting premise though, I wonder who would be the best (worst) guest

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
It's really hard to hold someone accountable when they're right in front of you in a semi intimate setting like that so I can see the interviewer screwing up and going too soft. At the same time though maybe not a great idea to have a show about interviewing some genuinely terrible people if you're not going to be able to stay objective

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Tarranon posted:

It's really hard to hold someone accountable when they're right in front of you in a semi intimate setting like that so I can see the interviewer screwing up and going too soft. At the same time though maybe not a great idea to have a show about interviewing some genuinely terrible people if you're not going to be able to stay objective

Perhaps just have a piece of paper in front of you with "Heard the little bitch I dumped months ago is still trying to use me to get attention on his vlog channel. Ew." written in big bold letters, might help.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I started listening to the Skhreli episode and after 10 minutes of affable conversation I skipped to her little summary at the end, which is basically "I got to know this guy and you know what? He's kinda funny and he's very hard working and I admire that he's a self made millionaire. He's not so bad. Or is it possible he conned me with his charm?"

Yeah he did. You are not good at this.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
As stupid as it is to have a podcast where you have awful people on and are nice to them and stuff, it's a podcast that can produce episodes. Instead of a podcast where you bring on reviled people to tell their side of the story and then call them bad for an hour (?)

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah I see what you're saying and you're right. The interview I was hoping for couldn't really happen unless it was a one-off, because then why would anyone ever do the podcast again?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
In my ideal vision of a podcast I never plan on listening to, she is neither too nice nor too mean, but simply a good interviewer letting someone explain themselves without accidentally falling in love

:hai:

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
They could have done it like Crossballs, where you lie about the premise and record a whole season worth before airing anything. But then you get the whole "second season is hosed" issue

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The latest HTDGM is a must listen. There's almost no talk about Surf Ninja's origin as advertised, but the movie's writer has a million stories about getting involved with the mob during his directorial debut. It's like he was hanging out with Christopher and Paulie Walnuts during the Russian episode of The Sopranos.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

The latest HTDGM is a must listen. There's almost no talk about Surf Ninja's origin as advertised, but the movie's writer has a million stories about getting involved with the mob during his directorial debut. It's like he was hanging out with Christopher and Paulie Walnuts during the Russian episode of The Sopranos.

"Muff the Button Man" is a great gangster name.

beeman
May 7, 2008

lmao at the build up and punchline of cody's starbucks bit

cams
Mar 28, 2003

beeman posted:

lmao at the build up and punchline of cody's starbucks bit
that was one of the best engineer moments ever

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Actually thinking about the latest HTDGM again, this is the second time (after Jack O'Halloran) they've had a guest who claimed to have inside mafia knowledge of the JFK assassination.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Seanc Lemons and Hays Forhorses

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"to even PICTURE changing pete holmes who is perfectly cast as a 20 year old pete holmes"

hollywood handbook is fire

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
There is some really good stuff in this episode.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Twoicide Squad.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Did Earwolf really set up a non profit to encourage people to tell their coworkers to check out podcasts?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Mr. Squishy posted:

Did Earwolf really set up a non profit to encourage people to tell their coworkers to check out podcasts?
this goes all the way to george soros :tinfoil:

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
This HH was loving stellar.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I think all the big podcast people are doing the march #trypod thing.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yeah Trypod has roped in everybody, from established media empires like CBS and ESPN to scrappy little guys like Wolf Cool.

http://www.npr.org/about-npr/516454568/top-podcast-hosts-ask-their-listeners-to-try-a-pod

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i'm a horny girl wolf

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I'm not a big HH fan, but holy poo poo the most recent ep is so good. Ike is a really really funny guy. Never heard him on a podcast before. Dude should be on everything.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I feel like I've gone through 3 stages of "getting" HH. I think I'm now in my final form of someone who loves it unconditionally and has to listen every week.

Maybe I can finally give Reality Show Show another shot.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Reality Show Show is great. As it goes on you start getting glimses of what HH would become.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
RSS is required listening if you want to hear Hayes and Sean earnestly talking about something they genuinely enjoy, without even the slightest hint of irony.

That thing is MTV's The Challenge.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Please give one of us the rose, and know that it will likely be the end of the show.

RSS was great.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
It's a shame that the Reality Show Show is behind the Howl wall. I think a lot of people assumed it would be a Wolfpop-style entertainment recap show, but I feel it has more in common with "U' Talkin' U2 to Me?".

Edit: This article does a good job at describing RSS.

Edit #2: The first episode of RSS is still up on the old "Earwolf Presents" podcast feed.

Know Such Peace fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Mar 8, 2017

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

RSS is the best podcast of all time

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I didn't want to overhype it, but I agree.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I listen through all of RSS about once a year and it's always the best

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

n8r posted:

I'm not a big HH fan, but holy poo poo the most recent ep is so good. Ike is a really really funny guy. Never heard him on a podcast before. Dude should be on everything.
Shame on you for being a squishy HH fan, but ya, Ike was pretty amazing. Got the sense he's probably a fan of the show, he really was just perfect throughout. Takes a special kinda guest to do the movies. I was really impressed.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

RSS is the best podcast of all time

The episode where they wove NPR, the bachelor pad finale, and benghazi together may not be the funniest thing i ever heard (its close) but it is probably my favorite comedy concept of all time.

I wish we could have both RSS and HH.

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008
HH has been on fire. I mean maybe that's not different from how it was previously but the run from Klausner until now has been exceptionally good.

Sean's mini meltdown at the end of the Klausner ep ("This fuckin' show") slayed me. I listened to it like five times. Obscenely funny poo poo.

JohnnyC fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Mar 9, 2017

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Ike barenholtz is a lot funnier than those lovely parody movies led me to believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I'm ready for the Barenholtzaissance.