Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
-12 HOURS REMAIN- until I can pick up my preorder after work. I look forward to playing Zelda for like 3 weeks straight with you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Fry's had 90 systems. Not many games. They only had 8 copies of 123 Switch. My voucher was #13 and the last person to show up to pick up my system and games. The manager just gave me Zelda for free cause they didn't have my reserved copy of 123.

Fry's is loving awesome. Go to one in the morning. This store had like 20 at least left before they closed. I'm too tired to turn the poo poo on though. Goodnight.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Crimson Harvest posted:

Yeah it was charged when the status changed.

I've preordered a lot of games from Amazon for first day delivery and they do stupid stuff like this all the time, not notifying you of shipping info. It's dumb when you order your special limited edition games from them only and fret that they might have screwed you.

If your order says it will arrive Friday then it probably will. If it doesn't then contact customer support and complain, they will usually reimburse you like 10 bux or a month of free prime and maybe you can find it in store somewhere else. I'm also waiting on my switch from them so I'm in the same boat :(

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

beergod posted:

Googling a bit it looks like there was a mass delay with Best Buy preorders being shipped to Southern California (that's where I'm at). We've all been hit with transit delay messages indicating it's not going to get here until Monday. This could potentially be a pretty big deal for Best Buy so I wonder if they're going to leverage their relationship with UPS to get these out on the trucks by tomorrow but who knows.

I normally line up but I'm getting too old for this poo poo so I preordered with same day delivery lol and here we are, I might as well be lined up

Best Buy is trying to blame UPS, but UPS is saying Best Buy waited too long to print out the labels. Considering I got the email saying they were shipping my order out really late, it's 100% obvious Best Buy hosed up. The least they could do when they gently caress up and they KNOW they hosed up is bump the shipping service to Next day or Overnight, but instead they are trying to say UPS hosed up and are acting like there is nothing they can do. Probably staying away from Best Buys for a long time, considering how they are handling it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Second in line at Target right now.

Please pray for me.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Mega64 posted:

Second in line at Target right now.

Please pray for me.

May the lord bless you on your journey. I shall have a vigil for you with heads of the three main tribes here in Nigeria.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I can't wait for war groove and stardew to arrive. Advance Wars and Harvest Moon :allears:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Man, I feel for you folks with the hosed up shipping. :( I was one of the silly ones that pre-ordered on Amazon a few hours after the Switch stream back in January and they got it out to me earlier today, and a good 5 hours earlier than UPS normally delivers to me. I'm also in slightly-less-than-bumfuck-nowhere Montana, so what happened for other people?

Was too late on getting anything else though, so running into town tomorrow to see if I'm able to pick up a Pro controller at the minimum.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

As I wait outside planning how to incapacitate everyone near me, the only thing that keeps me going is one simple thought.

"Soon, I will finally lick Zelda."

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I feel kinda ripped off by the pro controller, but at the same time is it really that much more comfortable. I mean, 70 loving dollars for it with slightly squishy buttons, very squishy d-pad and only binary triggers. They could've at least brought that back! :(

I wonder if they will release a software update in the future to use the full tegra chip in dock mode (rather than the what, 70% max clock its at?) Hell, maybe they just need to release a 'pro' dock with a fan on it or something.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So brickseek's inventory tracking is counting preordered units as in stock; I'm gonna try the other Walmart near me, but I may just be out of luck.

Guess I should have preordered.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
its 5:45am and i am going to go buy this children's toy at a fucken walmart. i hope there isn't a huge line of similarly pathetic grown rear end adults waiting when i get there

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just remember to lick the carts to ensure it's an official Nintendo product

If it tastes like poo poo, you know you're on a winner :v:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'd go wait in line at your nearest Target if you've got the time. Only like four people in mine so far with two hours to go.

littlejoey
Jan 7, 2017
Which of the Neo-Geo games should I pick up for 2-player couch co-op? Shock Troopers or Metal Slug 3?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

murked by dragon posted:

its 5:45am and i am going to go buy this children's toy at a fucken walmart. i hope there isn't a huge line of similarly pathetic grown rear end adults waiting when i get there
I hope there is so I can feel slightly less shame

NormenKD
Jul 14, 2013
Switch-Package just arrived!

Just a little bit more work to do...
:negative:

PS:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Manager came out and said they had consoles and the special Zelda editions, so I feel...optimistic?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Stay off facebook, they're recommending spoiler videos :(

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It's me, I'm the guy who prefers to spoil himself thoroughly before a big game.

Except for the music. The music I want to savour firsthand.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Wal mart on my way to work opens at 6, walked right in and grabbed one, with a pro controller and Zelda. One other person there getting one.

Now for a very long day at work.

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Yesterday Amazon was estimating my switch would be here Tuesday, and today it's out for delivery. :yotj: Gonna play all the Zelda.

also

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
Whoops, accidentally played Zelda till five am. This game is evil. Good bye free time.

I didn't get to play much snip clip, but it's really really good.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
only about 15 people here 30 mins before opening, thank god. Back when the wii was released I remember there being like 60+ people in line hours before opening.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Complete strike out at my local Walmarts. Went ahead and just bought Wii U Zelda. I'll get a Switch for the holiday season

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Does anyone know if the Switch will continue to charge controllers and download games while in sleep mode? I have it sitting in the TV mode dock (which is plugged into power) with both joycons attached, a pro controller connected via USB and 2 games in the download queue. Will it continue to charge and download things while asleep, or do I have to leave it all turned on?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Amazon delivered my switch+Zelda in EU without a hitch :dance: now only 2 hours to go before I leave for the day for a three day weekend of Zelda, weed and junk food.

Goons? I'm very excited.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

littlejoey posted:

Which of the Neo-Geo games should I pick up for 2-player couch co-op? Shock Troopers or Metal Slug 3?

You really can't lose! Metal Slug 3 is a classic, I haven't played Shock Troopers but it looks awesome.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
My Target has over 80 Switchies in Winter Garden, FL...

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
loving unreal how tiny everything is, thought they had hosed up my order when the van dropped it off.

Nice to see nintendo only left half the switch and joycons charged instead of fully.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

It's my dog's birthday today, so I'm gonna go get her a Switch, Zelda, and an extra pair of neon blue joy cons. She doesn't have thumbs, but I think she'll appreciate watching me play Zelda for the next month or so.

My EB Games is open at 9am, but I'm gonna show up a little late to let the nerd stink air out a bit. Then, it's all Zelda all day until my wife gets home. Then it's snipperclips and beer time.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Got my ticket! Doors open in 15 mins and then i will have a new nintendo ;)

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Trip report: got to Target just under an hour ago, just before 5. Five people in line so far, plus another ~four sitting in their cars.

I'm gonna get a Switch.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just played a bunch of Zelda in bed with the Switch propped up sideways on a pillow.
Laid next to it on my side, with my arms in weird positions with a joycon in each hand.

Surprisingly comfortable and playable :v:

The future of lazy gaming is here!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
A reminder that Toys R Us is selling them when they open today as well. The Toys R Us near me opens a full 2 hours after Target so it might be worth it to try your Target and then head to Toys R Us if you strike out.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

But yo, can you imagine people with disabilities or injuries now being able to play a Switch because they can hold the controls in a position that feels comfortable for them?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Is there a guide for navigating the Japanese switch eshop? I'm trying to download the DQ Heroes demo.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Gunder posted:

Does anyone know if the Switch will continue to charge controllers and download games while in sleep mode? I have it sitting in the TV mode dock (which is plugged into power) with both joycons attached, a pro controller connected via USB and 2 games in the download queue. Will it continue to charge and download things while asleep, or do I have to leave it all turned on?

I don't know about the Pro controller, but I can say for certain yes to everything else, so that makes me pretty confident it'll charge the Pro controller as well.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I just picked mine up during lunch, four-five hours of work until switch time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Pro controllers were gone though. The local poo poo store had them in stock but wanted like €100 for them :argh:

• Locked thread