Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ah. The other person had linked to a carrying case. And that link has 8 reviews. So wrong # of reviews and different product.

I'm guessing people don't know how to follow the directions. I looked at the thing on YT and it's the same old Hori 4 step application process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Kelp Plankton posted:

How/when do you get to scan Amiibo in BotW? I tried just holding a few over the sensor and it didn't seem to do anything. I know the sensor works because I used it in Shovel Knight to read and write fine already so I figure I just need a menu or something that I haven't seen yet?
Amiibo scanning is disabled by default for some reason in BOTW. You can enable it from the Settings.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Bread Liar
I don't know about the dock heating up the Hori protector (can give feedback on that later), but so far the screen protector is extremely solid. Went Hori with my 3DS, WiiU and now Switch, A++ would buy again.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Louisgod posted:

I don't know about the dock heating up the Hori protector (can give feedback on that later), but so far the screen protector is extremely solid. Went Hori with my 3DS, WiiU and now Switch, A++ would buy again.

I just wish my poo poo would arrive so I could set the thing up. Got the console, got the controller, just need the screen protector. Some day UPS will arrive. IN 3-4 hours most likely.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Louisgod posted:

All good. I hope you are right. I want a good option.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Holy poo poo Zelda. This is the game ive been waiting for since I bought a launch WiiU.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I bouhgt a Wii U for Wonderful 101

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I haven't played any Zelda yet. I'll crack that open after dinner tonight. I played a bit of Fast RMX. It's really fun but I'm going to need some practice to not hit the walls all the drat time. It looks REAAALLY good and is super fun. After seeing that picture, I ordered the glass protector on amazon. Also, they just restocked pro controllers. Gonna have on on Monday. Haven't had issues with the joycons. Put them in the included grip and sat on my bed several feet away with no sync issues.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Ninja Bob posted:

The pro controller is in stock at amazon if anyone has been looking for one.

I just one day shipping ordered one thank you

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
1 1/2 hours till I can go home and play my switch :3:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It really impressed me that putting it in the dock automatically turns on my tv while pulling it out automatically turns it off. I didn't know about that feature.:wow:

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Mine got delivered. If only I wasn't 10,000 miles away from where it got delivered. It now begins its true journey.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

EpicNemesis posted:

Mine got delivered. If only I wasn't 10,000 miles away from where it got delivered. It now begins its true journey.

(to UPS) Open your eyes

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Whooo boy that frame rate drop in tv mode for Zelda is no joke. Wonder if they'll patch it somehow

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Since I left the starting Great Plateau area I really haven't run across much frame rate drops anymore. I wonder what's up there that causes it?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Has any site done a teardown of the dock yet?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

beergod posted:

Whooo boy that frame rate drop in tv mode for Zelda is no joke. Wonder if they'll patch it somehow

Like is it.. "Across the board constant" or more like "bad moments sometimes"?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Grabbed my preordered Switch from Best Buy after work but they still had like 20 left for general sale. I get home and halfway through the setup the touch screen goes nuts. I mean it's a full blown possession. It kept touching itself all over. I forced it through the setup and it still kept randomly clicking icons and poo poo. I packed it back up and went back to Best Buy. They let me exchange it with no issue but I got lucky in that they only had two left...

New Switch works fine...but I'm scared and feel violated by Nintendo.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Feenix posted:

Like is it.. "Across the board constant" or more like "bad moments sometimes"?

Going by the Giant Bomb quick look, it only happens in populated towns and forest areas for the most part.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

FireMrshlBill posted:

Apparently the officially licensed PDP screen protector is too big and overhangs the screen and causes bubbles.

Dammit, guess I will be purchasing the glass one ASAP... why didn't I order it last week like I thought to and just cancel my other Screen Protector? haha

Yeah, this happened with mine.I am not too worried about it cause I just slapped it on as a stop gap until the glass one I ordered comes in. Are glass protectors easier to apply than plastic ones? I've never used one but am notoriously bad at applying the plastic ones. The one on my switch looks like garbage.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Still disappointing, but I mean... I figure they HAVE to address it, right? What's Nintendo's general reputation on things like this?

I mean: You release a BRAND new console, and you hinge the entirety of its being on this Portable/Home Console duality. Your first flagship launch game is stellar, except it cannot handle well the very thing the console excels at.

You GOTTA do something about that, right? Or people will start thinking; " Oh hey, this mobile handheld thing that connects to a TV kinda sucks when connected to a TV."

I mean... right?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Feenix posted:

Still disappointing, but I mean... I figure they HAVE to address it, right? What's Nintendo's general reputation on things like this?

I mean: You release a BRAND new console, and you hinge the entirety of its being on this Portable/Home Console duality. Your first flagship launch game is stellar, except it cannot handle well the very thing the console excels at.

You GOTTA do something about that, right? Or people will start thinking; " Oh hey, this mobile handheld thing that connects to a TV kinda sucks when connected to a TV."

I mean... right?

It's not unplayable, it just has some slowdown. Kind of funny that everyone was worried it would suffer in handheld mode when it's ended up being the other way around.

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.
Nintendo's online code redemption system is really good now. I bought Amazon digital codes for both Zelda and Shovel Knight and my confirmation emails just took me to a Nintendo site where I clicked a button and they redeemed and started downloading shortly after on my Switch when I took it out of sleep mode. So great!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Wheany posted:

Has any site done a teardown of the dock yet?

Is this a joke or have you not looked at dock yet?

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Inzombiac posted:

I popped into Fred Meyers about an hour after opening. They still had consoles but all accessories were sold out aside from one set of grey Cons.
I guess they only got 4 Pros and they went to the first 4 people.

Did they have extra copies of Zelda? I grabbed a Switch off Amazon Prime Now, but want to grab a cartridge...

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Watching funhaus play 1 2 switch drunk and they managed to punch each other really hard twice. poo poo looks dangerous and somewhat buggy. But fun.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Splatoon 2 testified is in a few weeks isn't it? Anyone got the dates and times handy?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
how are digital purchases on the switch? still retarded as in lose your console=lose your games?

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Oh man. My Switch says Delivered but still waiting on Zelda! Only 1.5 hours before mailroom closes. Lets goooooooo!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

katkillad2 posted:

Already annoyed by a few things like no headphone jack on the pro controller. Also I started up the Snipperclips demo using the pro controller and apparently you can't play it with the pro controller maybe I don't know? The issue was, I lost all control with the pro controller, couldn't go back to the home menu or anything. So I had to get up and remove it from the dock just to hit the stupid home button.

Pretty dumb.

You almost figured out yes the demo at least doesn't use the pro controller. idk why, but just use the silly cons.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I am very glad I kept my Best Buy preorder. It's already 4 and I still haven't received my amazon order.

Amazon definitely let me down and I'm glad I had a backup.

That's my story thanks for reading.

Zelda is legit.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Can't seem to find a pro controller anywhere in austin goddamn

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

beergod posted:

Best Buy in westminster California has a ton of extras for sale. If you show up soon you're basically guaranteed to get one.

This just costed me 400 bucks.

I drove by that Best Buy a couple hours before midnight last night, and saw about 80-100 people in line, and so I left. The building and parking lot was completely dark.

After I read that message and went into BB, someone said there was a power outage last night and they werent able to sell all the consoles as a result.

There were about 14 consoles left after I got mine an hour ago. Though I ended up having to go back to BB 20 minutes later, they still had a small stack of consoles, and nobody in line.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Played Zelda
Finished Tutorial area
Went in a random direction
SKELETONS ON HORSES CHASING A VILLAGER
TRY USING MY WEAPONS BUT THEY ARE WEAK WEAPONS
TRY RUNNING AND FINDING A HORSE
HORSE ISN'T TAMED I CAN'T CONTROL IT
SKELETON ON HORSE KILLS ME IN ONE HIT

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

MarcusSA posted:

I am very glad I kept my Best Buy preorder. It's already 4 and I still haven't received my amazon order.

Amazon definitely let me down and I'm glad I had a backup.

That's my story thanks for reading.

Zelda is legit.

I'm in the same boat, but I only have the Amazon preorder.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:thinking:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I managed to snag a Pro controller. I was really starting to feel the effects of the "comfort grip" on my hands. I guess I don't need to eat next week.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

FireMrshlBill posted:

Went to check my mail for the BOTW PDP headphones and the UPS truck was in front of my house with lots of scanning/beeping inside. The driver handed me this stack exactly as is and I had to kick my door until my wife opened so I didn't drop anything. Her reaction was "what the gently caress, how much did you spend?!?"

Edit: unboxed

That's a lot of amiibos.

Which uh...what do amiibos do, anyways? I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the Gamecube.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
First impressions:
- much smaller than expected, when you first open the box it is pretty impressive how small everything is, including the dock
- feels good, not to light or heavy and not bulky at all
- the joycons are actually enjoyable to play separately, using the buttons as a dpad isn't too bad, just a tad more spaced out than I would like for a 2d platformer, but fine for menu navigation (i prefer dpad to analog for that)
- I was more impressed with the joycon grip than I thought
- I have it connected to my 55" LED tv (1080p) and the menus and everything looks good to me, a little bubbly looking like the 480p Wii menu on a modern tv, but wasn't blurry at all. Though some TVs upscale 720p better than others so YMMV
- the gray looks good and I am not as bummed about not going for the neon now. I think I made the right choice (though if I had a neon set in front of me, that may change my mind)

- Zelda SE box is huge, basically the size of an old Wii box
- The carrying case is a bit silly looking, but not too silly for me to use (and I usually steer clear of bright/odd things), it seems sturdy with plenty of game cart slots and no weird smells like those generic ones had

- Pro controller feels nice, definitely more ergonomic than the joycon grip, but honestly the joycon grip still isn't bad and is pretty easy to adjust to, especially for those of us who play on many different consoles still

Other than that, I have only tested it for a few minutes since I need to finish up some work before I finish for the day but will probably stay up late playing Zelda. I did the first 2 min of Zelda and it looked great on the big screen, but I haven't gotten anywhere there would be slowdown yet. Will test that tonight.

Joycon connection issues:
My TV is 10-11 ft from my couch. and I had no joycon issues whether separated or in the grip unless I explicitly covered it up pretty well. Behind the back was intermittent in causing issues. My dock is on the bottom cubby of my TV stand, so about 2-3ft under my TV. Some people (including Nintendo Customer Support allegedly) said being too close to your tv may cause interference, especially with Smart TVs (wifi). So that may help, though not sure why wifi would interfere with Bluetooth. Also, my coffee table is pretty much in the line of site between my joycon and the dock while I am sitting on the couch, yet that didn't cause any issues unless I had the joycon behind my back and I was sitting back (so my back + the coffee table were in between my dock and the joycon). If I sat up/forward so the coffee table wasn't in between me and the dock or stood up, I could play behind my back with no issues at that 10-11 ft away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

squidgee posted:

That's a lot of amiibos.

Which uh...what do amiibos do, anyways? I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the Gamecube.

They're NFC enabled figurines and some games use them. Here's how they work in BOTW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_vf2hPo0JM

• Locked thread