Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

Silver Falcon posted:

Argh! So good news: my Breath of the Wild Special Edition did in fact actually ship so I am for sure getting that sick-rear end carrying case! The bad news? The arrival estimate is next loving Friday.

You're killing me here, TRU! I am seriously contemplating doing a stupid thing. Namely, going to Walmart or something tomorrow, buying a regular version of the game, keeping the receipt, and then when the special edition comes in, take the game that comes with that back to the store for a refund.

Is there any reason why that wouldn't work? Is the copy of the game that comes with the SE any different from one you would just get off the store shelf? Would they have any way of knowing that the copy I returned was not the same one I bought in the first place?

Is it a stupid idea and should I just not be a big, impatient consumer whore?

It won't work. The one that comes in the SE is different, doesn't have a UPC, and has "NOT FOR RESALE" on the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Looking forward to the first 64-player couch multiplayer game utilizing multiple switches and Joy-Con

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

It won't work. The one that comes in the SE is different, doesn't have a UPC, and has "NOT FOR RESALE" on the back.

BAH. Well, thanks for telling me before I wasted my time/money. Actually, I figured out it won't be quite as bad as I thought. I checked FedEx's actual tracking information and they say it'll be here on Wednesday. That is not as bad as Friday. I can wait. I can be patient. I swear I can.

In the meantime this thing better finish loving updating so I can get my Spectre Knight on, already!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

drat individual joycons are poo poo. So small even with the attachment.

I want some 3rd party fat ones.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Utnayan posted:

You aren't getting a software update that corrects the joycon issue.

Solution: Buy a 70 dollar pro. :)

I don't like the fact that Nintendo's new hardware seems to have a number of small issues, which is why I haven't bought it yet.

However I'm having trouble understanding what drives you or anyone else to aggressively shitpost in a thread full of people who just bought the console, are understandably enthusiastic about it, and are actively trying to work around / solve the aforementioned issues. This is a console thread on an internet forum and sure, your trolling is not the end of the world, but why the hell do you have to be such a massive piece of poo poo to others?

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Utnayan posted:

You aren't getting a software update that corrects the joycon issue.

Solution: Buy a 70 dollar pro. :)

What if I told you I haven't experienced this issue at all?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I finally got the left con issue to come up but it was while navigating the eShop and not at all in the 4 hours I played Zelda.

Turns out it was pointed at my leg. Oops.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

I finally got the left con issue to come up but it was while navigating the eShop and not at all in the 4 hours I played Zelda.

Turns out it was pointed at my leg. Oops.

Please keep controllers in an upright forward position.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Zeldas good. I'm getting really excited as I play because it's so good

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Hopefully this feeling lasts longer than 5 min

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Sigh. UPS sucks so bad. Always late as gently caress. Package on truck for 12 hours now. Dunno why Amazon after years of USPS, USPS, USPS used UPS for this delivery. So lame.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

ethanol posted:

Hopefully this feeling lasts longer than 5 min

Call your doctor if it lasts longer than four hours.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Zelda is indeed good, and I enjoyed the two plus hours I've put in so far. I like how the "tutorial" doesn't really feel like one because you have so much freedom and it's just tiny pieces here and there. Control based things are usually just quick onscreen instructions. Other things send you exploring to find it on your own, but you can get sidetracked like crazy. I'm also a really good sniper apparently. I haven't had too many melee battles as I just keep picking everything off from a distance.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I can't loving believe that Nintendo actually was able to make zelda this good considering how much I loving hated twilight princess and skyward sword. Amazing

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

GI_Clutch posted:

Zelda is indeed good, and I enjoyed the two plus hours I've put in so far. I like how the "tutorial" doesn't really feel like one because you have so much freedom and it's just tiny pieces here and there. Control based things are usually just quick onscreen instructions. Other things send you exploring to find it on your own, but you can get sidetracked like crazy. I'm also a really good sniper apparently. I haven't had too many melee battles as I just keep picking everything off from a distance.

Yeah, it's kinda weird that some pretty important information is easily missed. I ended up having to head closer to the starting area again after 7 hours or so and came upon someone willing to teach me about making elixirs.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Trying to wait until Monday to play Zelda when you have a Wii U is a true test

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Zelda is good.
Fast RMX is good.
Pro Controller is good.
Bomberman is alright. (Good for the $15 I paid)

Switch is a good thing.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Design flaw. I'm doing store stuff from couch with pro controller. Hit the home button and it launches back into snipperclips. Home button won't respond because snipperclips doesn't use pro.

Have to walk across the room to back out of snipperclips.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

Design flaw. I'm doing store stuff from couch with pro controller. Hit the home button and it launches back into snipperclips.

This is not a flaw

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

a 70 dollar pro controller though?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Silver Falcon posted:

Argh! So good news: my Breath of the Wild Special Edition did in fact actually ship so I am for sure getting that sick-rear end carrying case! The bad news? The arrival estimate is next loving Friday.

You're killing me here, TRU! I am seriously contemplating doing a stupid thing. Namely, going to Walmart or something tomorrow, buying a regular version of the game, keeping the receipt, and then when the special edition comes in, take the game that comes with that back to the store for a refund.

Is there any reason why that wouldn't work? Is the copy of the game that comes with the SE any different from one you would just get off the store shelf? Would they have any way of knowing that the copy I returned was not the same one I bought in the first place?

Is it a stupid idea and should I just not be a big, impatient consumer whore?

Don't do this; the game case inside the special edition says "NOT FOR RESALE" and has no UPC on it.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
so uh, is the e-shop down for anyone else?

also i'm loving zelda. fought a monster with a tree branch, ran away in terror and fell off a cliff and then was stung to death by bees. goty.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

zenintrude posted:

Zelda is good.
Fast RMX is good.
Pro Controller is good.
Bomberman is alright. (Good for the $15 I paid)

Switch is a good thing.

I can't convince myself on Fast RMX having played much Wipeout in my life and getting the Wipeout Re-release this year on PS4.

All the vids I saw made it look like another Wipeout. Does it do something differently, maybe that I missed?

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe
I'm liking the Joy-Cons with and without the grip. I'm actually surprised how well it works with the grip.

Waltzing Along posted:

Sigh. UPS sucks so bad. Always late as gently caress. Package on truck for 12 hours now. Dunno why Amazon after years of USPS, USPS, USPS used UPS for this delivery. So lame.

UPS surprised the gently caress out of me today. They said it'll be delivered after 2p, and the dude showed up at 2:30p. I was seriously thinking it would be here after 8p, cause that's usually UPS for me.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My GF is very impatient and blasted through basically every bit of dialogue. When she had to return to the first tower, instead of teleporting, she laboriously climbed all the way back while swearing that it was "bullshit".

When she got to the top, the old man made fun of her for climbing and not teleporting.
loving GOTY.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

pliable posted:

UPS surprised the gently caress out of me today. They said it'll be delivered after 2p, and the dude showed up at 2:30p. I was seriously thinking it would be here after 8p, cause that's usually UPS for me.

It's a Switchmas miracle :unsmith:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Feenix posted:

I can't convince myself on Fast RMX having played much Wipeout in my life and getting the Wipeout Re-release this year on PS4.

All the vids I saw made it look like another Wipeout. Does it do something differently, maybe that I missed?

I never played Wipeout so I couldn't tell you if it does anything different but the courses are all super nice and different and the feeling of speed once you get going on a boost streak is fantastic. On multiple occasions I have found myself shouting like Han Solo going into hyper drive when it happens

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I am returning my PS4 to get a switch when it get more in stock. the PS4 is a piece of poo poo and the negative view of the switch from fat gently caress Jim sterling and his retarded fans brainwatched me to not even be hype for zelda. FORGIVE ME NINTENDO I HAVE SINNED!

i brought zelda on wiiu and will gladly buy it again on switch to play it in bed this game deserve double dipping.

anyways i am done with crazy zealot rantings.

so i going to wait next pay check so with that and the money from the ps4 i should get the system with zelda, pro controller and maybe mario kart when it out. what are some launch day flaws goons can say about the system?

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

a messed up horse posted:

It's a Switchmas miracle :unsmith:

You have no idea how happy it made me, man :unsmith:

Time to see what this...Zelda game...is all about

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Cyron posted:

I am returning my PS4 to get a switch when it get more in stock. the PS4 is a piece of poo poo and the negative view of the switch from fat gently caress Jim sterling and his retarded fans brainwatched me to not even be hype for zelda. FORGIVE ME NINTENDO I HAVE SINNED!

i brought zelda on wiiu and will gladly buy it again on switch to play it in bed this game deserve double dipping.

so i going to wait next pay check so with that and the money from the ps4 i should get the system with zelda, pro controller and maybe mario kart when it out. what are some launch day flaws goons can say about the system?

Ps4 is good.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Also, Zelda Protip: While you can press X and a direction to jump up, left, or right while climbing, do not press down. Instead you will jump away from the cliff and fall to your doom. My first death was doing this on the Temple of Time. I did it at least once more.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

is UPS open tomorrow?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Feenix posted:

Dunno about Wipeout but Fast RMX feels like F-Zero and Ikaruga had a baby

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Homebrew when? Wanna have portable Secret of Mana (Again)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Zelda is cool where it not only lets you go straight to the end if you have the balls, it loving gives you it as a quest to temp you/dare you to try itso drat good. As if people (me) didnt believe you could from preview talk. It honestly sounded like some developer brag. drat.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Infinitum posted:

You have a cellphone.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Cyron posted:

nah, even though it took 3 years the ps4 is pretty amazing now

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Kawabata posted:

the games are but i been having huge system errors on 2 systems i give up.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

may 22nd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Kawabata posted:

And Horizon Zero Dawn just completed the trifecta with Zelda and Witcher 3 for open world game domination.

• Locked thread