Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

numberoneposter posted:

Gonna order like 5 of these and give them to my friends.

I'd be careful about ordering sunglasses from a cheap China site.

Sure they are probably okay, but there is a non - zero chance that they will be darkening the light that hits your eyes, but without filtering the dangerous UV rays. And your eyes will receive more UV than if they were naked, since the darker light fools them.

I am not going to risk my eyesight like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

spog posted:

I'd be careful about ordering sunglasses from a cheap China site.

Sure they are probably okay, but there is a non - zero chance that they will be darkening the light that hits your eyes, but without filtering the dangerous UV rays. And your eyes will receive more UV than if they were naked, since the darker light fools them.

I am not going to risk my eyesight like that.

lmao that's hilarious

are UV rays impervious to darkened glass then? somehow the darkening doesn't affect them?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I bet they come from literally the same factory and are just seconds or something. Time will tell. Is there a way to test UV protection besides going blind?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

angerbeet posted:

This one I actually quite like but i know there is no chance of it ever looking anything like the photo so :shrug:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...2698877917.html

I found this. https://www.rageon.com/products/god-owl-of-dreams-zip-up-hoodie

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Hah, same image but they photoshopped out the tag. Looking at the AE one you can see where they picked the clone stamp from.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

well poo poo maybe I'll buy one now. just gotta figure out the size

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

500 good dogs posted:

why do you guys use VPNs and worry about credit cards and poo poo? I figured payment would be through alipay which is giant and not sketchy at all

I don't use a VPN or anything, but I do use Bank of America's neat thing where you can make a virtual VISA card that has whatever limit and expiry date you want. I add up all the stuff in my cart, make a card for a little more than that amount that expires next month, and use that. Different "card" for every cart. I've never had any problems, never tripped fraud detection or had to provide more info, and if the card gets stolen there's almost nothing they can do with it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

500 good dogs posted:

well poo poo maybe I'll buy one now. just gotta figure out the size

Make sure to post pics 3 years from now when it ships, I like that design but am similarly concerned about hoodie-quality

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

Th head looks like Jack White.... :catstare:

And again, my E ky is smifunctional, and a new kyboard is not in the top 3 things I'm going to buy with my craft income; sorry, put me on ignore or somthing.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

holy poo poo

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Neurolimal posted:

Make sure to post pics 3 years from now when it ships, I like that design but am similarly concerned about hoodie-quality

I cheated and bought it from rageon. Not sure about size because their sizing chart doesn't measure things the same way as other sizing charts I've used so it might be off a bit since I bought a large (but may have wanted a medium)

Will still take a few weeks to get because they have to order it off AliExpress lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

That70sHeidi posted:

And again, my E ky is smifunctional, and a new kyboard is not in the top 3 things I'm going to buy with my craft income; sorry, put me on ignore or somthing.

Set up a wish list on amazon with a keyboard and I'll buy you one

Edit: not joking

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

500 good dogs posted:

I cheated and bought it from rageon. Not sure about size because their sizing chart doesn't measure things the same way as other sizing charts I've used so it might be off a bit since I bought a large (but may have wanted a medium)

Will still take a few weeks to get because they have to order it off AliExpress lol

Wait you didn't seriously buy it from the $90 place right?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Snowy posted:

Wait you didn't seriously buy it from the $90 place right?

no see but reasons

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

of course I did because I respect independent artists

i'm also not poor

also I used a 10 dollar off coupon code so I'm thrifty

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Ah ok I'm dumb, didn't see that it was really licensed. I like supporting artists and all, nice work then.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Well I'm not buying my stripper hog costume from some fancy dancy artist when there are apparently chinese pig titty designers to feed

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That70sHeidi posted:

Spellcheck?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

A semi functional e key is fine if you slow the gently caress down and :justpost: after you wait for it to work.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

just copy paste it everywhere you need it

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
give me your account credentials and then you can dictate your posts to me and I will post them with my perfectly functional and frankly quite sexy keyboard. it's a mechanical keyboard so it makes cool clicky sounds and the keys cycle through an array of lovely colored lights.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

whenever i go to the thrift store they have piles of dell keyboards that are like 3 bucks a piece

so

uh check ur local thrift

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Their posts weren't even unreadable lol

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

500 good dogs posted:

just copy paste it everywhere you need it

Yeah. Here, borrow my letter e for when you need to use it in posts: e

Ponderous Saxon
Jan 5, 2010
Fallen Rib
Just bash out alt+101 on the keypad each time you need it, durrr.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It looks like someone emulating a special needs kids taking a poo poo, it's hilarious.
Also a used keyboard is like 10$ and this goon said he'll buy her one :iiam:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Play your cards right and he might even carry it to your house

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012

That70sHeidi posted:

As long as you try your best to contribute, I won't narc on you my dude. ::):

I've added so much good poo poo on my wish list since finding this, and evangelizing how heavily subsidized the chinese post system is to my family made them actually check out how cheap poo poo is on here. Ordered a fiddle cube, Considering ordering a cheapo logic analyzer, a usb meter thing (cause it looks cool) and maybe a few dollars worth of kitchen one use wonders. I love this website and it's the best future for amazon

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

500 good dogs posted:

I really hope they aren't reselling the AE one. That's a 65$ price difference and I doubt the artist sees anything close to this.

How about get the cheap one and paypal 50 bucks to the costa rican artist, that's probably like king money over there. His gmail is conveniently found on his deviantart

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I pulled the trigger and ordered a few things tonight with a burner target visa gift card. I got two vintage movie posters and a phone case, as well as yes, some electronics. I got a couple of usb-c to mini adapters, from the official store of a brand I've gotten off amazon in the past with zero problems (Anker), so those are 100% legit I'm sure, and I also got a usb-to-hdmi adapter from another highly rated merchant, and the product's box says it will work with my phone (LG G5) so I'm like, 90% confident I didn't do something incredibly dumb.

Hoplosternum
Jun 2, 2010

:parrot:

Guyz, look at the feedback:

quote:

The front of the shirt is as shown, but the back is of N.W.A (Niggaz Wit Attitudes) USA rap group. Did not expect that, and am displeased with it. I will keep the shirt, but I might cut the shirt in half so I won't have my son wearing a gangster lame rap shirt while wearing a funny pokemon shirt.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Boo to that feedback. That makes the shirt better.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Hoplosternum posted:

Guyz, look at the feedback:

Hahaha that's fuckin amazing

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

This is a knock-off of Australian designers Di$count Universe

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Remember that water heater that just electrocutes the water? Well, I raise you this:

:nws: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10s...2699780761.html

:goku:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ball-Z-Men-Women-3D-Dragon-Ball-Z-Trousers-Vegeta-Goku-Summer-Style-3D-trousers/32737579801.html

For the horse's rear end in your life:
:nws: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Boj...2690445416.html

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tot...2581241281.html

I wonder what an XXL would be what in American size?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Someone's goign to be really embarrassed at the clan rally...

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

unpacked robinhood posted:

I really hope they aren't reselling the AE one. That's a 65$ price difference and I doubt the artist sees anything close to this.

How about get the cheap one and paypal 50 bucks to the costa rican artist, that's probably like king money over there. His gmail is conveniently found on his deviantart

Pretty sure it's gonna be the same product given they Photoshopped out the rageon logo, which apparently they forget to do with other products:

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Xaintrailles posted:

Remember that water heater that just electrocutes the water? Well, I raise you this:

:nws: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10s...2699780761.html

I naturally assumed this was supposed to go in your butt, but no, it's worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I ordered a hoodie and wear a large normally, a 3x fits me snugly