Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

do they even have enough people to do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

Chris Masters has yet to debut, there's still plenty of time for tapings

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DJExile posted:

Do the cameramen count as wrestlers

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

The only way to be sure if Russo is back is pole matches - if there are a lot of pole matches out of nowhere, he's probably back.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The rats thing is the second stupidest thing in this interview behind "wrestling should have credits I.e Shawn Spears as Eli Drake" and this will somehow make this whole thing more legit.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

The rats thing is the second stupidest thing in this interview behind "wrestling should have credits I.e Shawn Spears as Eli Drake" and this will somehow make this whole thing more legit.

Drake further elaborated: https://twitter.com/TheEliDrake/status/838197960571764736 https://twitter.com/TheEliDrake/status/838198222724136960 https://twitter.com/TheEliDrake/status/838198591814533123 https://twitter.com/TheEliDrake/status/838199273737109504

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's a dumb idea because at no point in wrestling history is the business more exposed. WWE has Total Divas and Breaking Ground and the internet, particularly social media, exists. Maybe combined with the rats thing, Eli really thinks it's 1986.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I am in a tight spot with IMPACT objectivity wise. Have friends there. No matter what you think of the Dixie/Corgan regime the talent largely worked hard and where patient in situations of scare resources and uncertainty. You can criticise the booking the GFW side of IMPACT getting put over the "TNA" side. To me that's fine as that's a creative/business decision. What's not on is how some of the TNA people were refused flights, talked to or treated by management and on top of that how they've been talked to by backstage incident prone and a possibly drunk Karen Jarrett. The fallout from the tapings or what what recent departures will say will be interesting.

I don't want to bring politics or even religious outlook into a Pro Wrestling forum. But you've already got Jarrett's use of MAGA/MIGA but the difference in how women have been treated under this regime has been a big talking point or point of frustration this week.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

I am in a tight spot with IMPACT objectivity wise. Have friends there. No matter what you think of the Dixie/Corgan regime the talent largely worked hard and where patient in situations of scare resources and uncertainty. You can criticise the booking the GFW side of IMPACT getting put over the "TNA" side. To me that's fine as that's a creative/business decision. What's not on is how some of the TNA people were refused flights, talked to or treated by management and on top of that how they've been talked to by backstage incident prone and a possibly drunk Karen Jarrett. The fallout from the tapings or what what recent departures will say will be interesting.

I don't want to bring politics or even religious outlook into a Pro Wrestling forum. But you've already got Jarrett's use of MAGA/MIGA but the difference in how women have been treated under this regime has been a big talking point or point of frustration this week.

Yeah, in the spoilers thread I'm glad there's been such a negative reaction towards the MAGA/MIGA stuff

The Laurel Van Ness stuff today was pretty gross and stood out among other poo poo stuff, at least from today's taping

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, in the spoilers thread I'm glad there's been such a negative reaction towards the MAGA/MIGA stuff

The Laurel Van Ness stuff today was pretty gross and stood out among other poo poo stuff, at least from today's taping

It and the ODB push are very pre-"Women's Revolution" in tenor.

But Karen was too wild for the IWA Mid South locker room! Made a holy show of herself at Wrestlecon last night (backstage fights & spitting at the audience). Slurred her words on TV during the TNA vs GFW feud.

rovert fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Mar 5, 2017

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I thought ODB was old and retir--oh, TNA.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

I thought ODB was old and retir--oh, TNA.

ODB is a star dawg. Allie is a nobody.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jade couldn't have picked a better time to jump ship

1000% chance Jarrett would've made her say "me love you long time" on TV

Benne fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 5, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Read this on the DVDR no idea if it is true. But completely believe it because it is TNA:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

rovert posted:

It and the ODB push are very pre-"Women's Revolution" in tenor.

But Karen was too wild for the IWA Mid South locker room! Made a holy show of herself at Wrestlecon last night (backstage fights & spitting at the audience). Slurred her words on TV during the TNA vs GFW feud.

Sounds like Karen truly is is an Angle at heart to me

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

rovert posted:

Read this on the DVDR no idea if it is true. But completely believe it because it is TNA:

Leva knew she was doing the KO PPV, but was uncertain if she was going to be used for anything else this weekend.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Still dumb though. Because films don't require you to legit stand up and cheer for somebody as if shot were real. The circus doesn't have credits. Out of interest, when they show a Cirque on TV, does that have credits does anybody know?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
It's dumb because of the amount of suspension of disbelief. TV you clearly know is fake. Wrestling you're trying to convince yourself is still sort of a sport with rules and athletes. It'd be like if LeBron played in different basketball leagues and had a different character in each.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Historically whenever it feels like Russo is back it eventually turns out he is, so I'm like 99% sure he's back

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Karen is drunk already? Yeesh

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spermgod posted:

Historically whenever it feels like Russo is back it eventually turns out he is, so I'm like 99% sure he's back

The only thing that makes me unsure is Borash would book similarly to Russo.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I always enjoy the cycle of Russo brought back in secret so fans won't immediately poo poo on it/Fans immediately recognise Russo's writing and reject it/ denial from everyone involved/management rally round Russo and say it's the fans fault for not getting it/ Russo fired and replaced by a better but duller writer/ Russo brought back in in secret so fans won't immediately poo poo on it.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I had never heard this - Cornette claims TNA only brought Russo back in late 2006 because Jeff Jarrett wanted to leave the booking team to take care of his wife who had cancer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDN_sFD-rmk

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Ain't he great?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

rovert posted:

Drake further elaborated:

what idiot on here made a thread about wanting to advertise and then also book an indie w/ credits because maybe he was eli drake all along

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Strawberry Panda posted:

It's dumb because of the amount of suspension of disbelief. TV you clearly know is fake. Wrestling you're trying to convince yourself is still sort of a sport with rules and athletes.

I do find it very weird when I see the "wwe characters are ficticious" disclaimer on the Network but I think eventually, next time there's a big "reality" push, it will lead to credits being standard (which I'm sure people will decry at first but give it two years and people will think it lame when low-rent indies don't have them).

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Spermgod posted:

From today's taping

https://zippy.gfycat.com/DefenselessYellowishJunco.webm

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/prowrestlingnet/status/838484100465983491

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

WrasslorMonkey posted:

From today's taping

lol

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

:cripes:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

lol

this company never changes

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its like they they think they can fill the goodwill meter enough to access Russo mode and then everyone makes money.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

coconono posted:

its like they they think they can fill the goodwill meter enough to access Russo mode and then everyone makes money.

Do the Hardy's like Russo? Because if so Jarrett's throwing one hell of a hail mary pass here.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RZApublican posted:

Do the Hardy's like Russo? Because if so Jarrett's throwing one hell of a hail mary pass here.

If the Hardys stick around, this will be the first time sober jeff and sober russo ever interacted.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Apologize to Rovert.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

DM Punk posted:

Leva knew she was doing the KO PPV, but was uncertain if she was going to be used for anything else this weekend.

they should've tried to get the best use out of her gimmick and just have her dress up and play whoever departed in vignettes to finish up angles.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Strawberry Panda posted:

It's dumb because of the amount of suspension of disbelief. TV you clearly know is fake. Wrestling you're trying to convince yourself is still sort of a sport with rules and athletes. It'd be like if LeBron played in different basketball leagues and had a different character in each.

Face Bron is in Cleveland. Heel Bron was in Miami.

Checks out tbh.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

coconono posted:

sober jeff.

Does not compute.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MotU posted:

what idiot on here made a thread about wanting to advertise and then also book an indie w/ credits because maybe he was eli drake all along

jeff jarrett needs to put up posters around universal studios

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

coconono posted:

Russo also knows how to book Double J as such an unstoppable force even Hogan and Warrior would hesitate

• Locked thread