Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

OldTennisCourt posted:

maybe I'm nuts but it seems like before people just laughed at dumb poo poo and at least hoped WWE would turn around.

now it's WWE IS LITERALLY FOREVER BAD, BAYLEY IS THE WORSE FEMALE WRESTLER IN HISTORY, NOTHING IS GOOD, ALL WRESTLING IS BAD, THE WORLD IS NOTHING BUT ASH AND MISERY WELP TIME TO LIVE POST RAW AGAIN

It's been like that since... I've been reading the subforum, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

OldTennisCourt posted:

now it's WWE IS LITERALLY FOREVER BAD, BAYLEY IS THE WORSE FEMALE WRESTLER IN HISTORY, NOTHING IS GOOD, ALL WRESTLING IS BAD, THE WORLD IS NOTHING BUT ASH AND MISERY WELP TIME TO LIVE POST RAW AGAIN

Please explain how this is incorrect thanks and god bless

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

OldTennisCourt posted:

This subforum is honestly turning into the most toxic loving thing lately.
Its seems like its the race for the bottom for who can who was always bad, how everything is bad to hyperbolic levels, and just being miserable in general.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

achillesforever6 posted:

Its seems like its the race for the bottom for who can who was always bad, how everything is bad to hyperbolic levels, and just being miserable in general.

yeah this place is the worst forum ever

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

(browsing rowdy ring sports)

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Bill Goldberg posted:

your son is fat lol

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I like professional wrestling. Here are a few things I like from the past few months involving the "bad" show, Monday Night RAW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZkfHdk-_nI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GnHj7RO39o

Even when it's bad, I can generally count on you, Rowdy Ringsports, to gripe about it in an amusing way.

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017

OldTennisCourt posted:

This subforum is honestly turning into the most toxic loving thing lately.

wwe sucks i hope they go out of business

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

OldTennisCourt posted:

WWE IS LITERALLY FOREVER BAD, BAYLEY IS THE WORSE FEMALE WRESTLER IN HISTORY, NOTHING IS GOOD, ALL WRESTLING IS BAD, THE WORLD IS NOTHING BUT ASH AND MISERY WELP TIME TO LIVE POST RAW AGAIN
Get out of my head, witch

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

OldTennisCourt posted:

maybe I'm nuts but it seems like before people just laughed at dumb poo poo and at least hoped WWE would turn around.

What? We were far angrier in 2006 and 2007 when Cena was winning every PPV.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I tend to agree that the environment on this board has gotten notably worse than it was when I first posted here circa 2013. People seem to actively look for reason to dismiss and despise certain wrestlers, promotions and each other a lot harder than they did a few years ago. I think it's a symptom of having hopes and expectations crushed vs a time when there were no expectations and therefore it was easier to make light of things that were bad instead of taking then as personal blows.

Its just a theory though.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

some guy on the bus posted:

What? We were far angrier in 2006 and 2007 when Cena was winning every PPV.

and look how we love him now

just like how matt hardy went from beyond a joke to gimmick of the year

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Tonight Raw is going to be in Chicago, and, thus, even if it is bad, it will be good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Wwe is actually bad, but it gets annoying when a lot of posters here blame the talent instead of lovely booking and writing. A wrestler losing a lot doesn't mean that wrestler is bad it means they are being booked poorly, but people will always jump on the wrestler for losing a big match like wrestling is real. It's weird.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

DeepDickPizza posted:

Tonight Raw is going to be in Chicago, and, thus, even if it is bad, it will be good.

I hope we get like 3 CM PUNK chants

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I hope Goldberg gets pelted with garbage

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

The_Rob posted:

Wwe is actually bad, but it gets annoying when a lot of posters here blame the talent instead of lovely booking and writing. A wrestler losing a lot doesn't mean that wrestler is bad it means they are being booked poorly, but people will always jump on the wrestler for losing a big match like wrestling is real. It's weird.

After what the writers did to Emma you'd think nobody would be blaming anyone on the Raw roster for not being able to get over.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DeepDickPizza posted:

I have tickets and I am not very thrilled about going... what the hell was I thinking buying Raw tickets, we're probably getting the Smackdown PPV in May.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

OldTennisCourt posted:

If Roman retires Taker then...like....I don't think I can even comprehend the boos.

I honestly think Roman is going to literally beg Vince to lose the match. If Roman retires Taker then his career is essentially over, he's never ever ever getting a face reaction.

maybe this is Vince's plan, make Roman so hated he triggers an integer overflow error and gets cheered

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ragnarok the Red posted:

He doesn't have to, since Brock and Goldberg are probably going to have an actual match this time he can just out-knockout punch Big Show and win in 20 seconds.

lol it's seven loving hours long, they're both going to get twenty minutes. at least this year we'll be going in knowing wrestlemania is poo poo instead of last year where there was the hope that everything other than Roman would be good

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I think we can all agree that while some wrestlers are good and some always bad depending on a person's taste, The Warlord was and always will be the best.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Bill Goldberg posted:

Far from it, at least here we don't call people slurs or say that they should be in special needs like other wrestling boards I go on.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Platypus Farm posted:

Sting seems like the most upbeat and positive guy on the planet. What I'm saying is that I doubt he gives a poo poo

And look at how many times he's been turned on! The lesson here is to never be upbeat or positive, the Rowdy Ringsports way!

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Nakamura's gonna have that first entrance on the main roster that everyone's going to die for, and then halfass the first match he has on Raw/SD or a B/C-tier PPV like it was a New Japan house show, and it'll be the quickest anybody's went from love to hate regarding something WWE-related. I sincerely hope nobody gets whiplash from something so predictable

Didn't this already happen in NXT

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax
I think

wrestling is good

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I think we can all agree that while some wrestlers are good and some always bad depending on a person's taste, The Warlord was and always will be the best.

just between you and me

doesn't goldberg seem like a repackaged warlord

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Cameo posted:

Didn't this already happen in NXT

Only main eventers in NXT I've ever seen dislike towards were Finn (during the era where he'd main event every Takeover, and it'd always be the worst match on the card [still good, just everything else was great]) and Asuka (the last few months where she's won all the times, which has kept the division from anything interesting). Both, like House Show Nakamura, are completely valid complaints, I just think House Show Nakamura will be far more noticeable on the main roster than on NXT.

Sanguinia posted:

I tend to agree that the environment on this board has gotten notably worse than it was when I first posted here circa 2013. People seem to actively look for reason to dismiss and despise certain wrestlers, promotions and each other a lot harder than they did a few years ago. I think it's a symptom of having hopes and expectations crushed vs a time when there were no expectations and therefore it was easier to make light of things that were bad instead of taking then as personal blows.

Its just a theory though.

Yeah, I can't speak for everyone but I personally lost patience after Mania 32. It'd been pretty apparent that 10 months of the year would be regularly erased for the 2 months Mania was the focus, and people were fine with it when that Mania wasn't also 7 hours and had relentlessly pessimistic booking. As is, after that happens, it takes a lot to regain the trust, and at least halfway through this 2-month Mania focus (especially after last night), they still have a long way to go. It's frustrating knowing improvements are possible, and even accomplished, the 90% of the year they don't care about people watching

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

what does house show nakamura do that makes him bad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/pwstream/status/838676027165519872

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

does Kevin Owens have legit heat with Goldberg

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

does Kevin Owens have legit heat with Goldberg

it was actually a shoot spear and shoot jackhammer he hit him with, that was supposed to be a 20 minute match

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

Abroham Lincoln posted:

it was actually a shoot spear and shoot jackhammer he hit him with, that was supposed to be a 20 minute match

Fitting that Owens' title reign would start with a shoot and end with a shoot.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

ambient robot posted:

I think

wrestling is good

Maybe you haven't heard. Goldberg is champion now.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Abroham Lincoln posted:

we are truly in..the reality era

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

some guy on the bus posted:

I guess you've heard. Goldberg is champion now!

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Goldberg is champion and it's 1998 again, what a time to be alive

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
hot take:

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

MotU posted:

hot take:

you son of a bitch

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

John Dudebro posted:

Goldberg is champion and it's 1998 again, what a time to be alive

It's 1998, WCW still sucks, but this time there's no WWF.

In a few seconds one of us will wake up screaming, I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

what does house show nakamura do that makes him bad

People think because Nakamura doesn't go all out every single match that makes him lazy or something. When In reality dude is only getting older and has a history of nagging injuries. He happens to be charismatic and over enough that he can have a match where he does almost nothing and still get over. How that is bad I have no idea. If anything that makes him pretty smart to save his best poo poo for big events.

• Locked thread