Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
So. Charging up a spear attack on a frozen enemy, with maxed stamina. That's some poo poo. :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So if I found the full zora armor I can safely sell all my opal since I'm never going to need the opal earrings for the swim speed bonus right?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Section Z posted:

That depends, does shooting a fire arrow at an explosive barrel in the water only for it to not explode. and deciding "gently caress it, time to throw bombs from an ice pillar" count as cheating? I think that was the only explicit "Not using the set props" for me so far. But I'm only 5 heart containers +2 spheres in shrine wise :downs: (More marked, but ooh distraction! oh wait I'm on the opposite side of a mountain now)
"Man this 'light the torches' puzzle is annoying. I got four of them but the fifth's gonna be tricky." *pull out fire arrow*

This game definitely feels like there are intended ways to do things (good game design) but they've removed the usual arbitrary punishments for trying other methods. Sure there are nasties patrolling the skies, but if you wanna dodge them and climb over this obstacle have at it! "It's raining so you have to take the long way instead of climbing"? That sounds like a challenge to me and my stamina mushrooms!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Doing the maze via Falco's hyper-jump was so good.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man I still have only beat Vah Ruta so I still don't know that much of the plot but I hope the DLC is basically Link and the Champions' adventures in getting ready for Ganon 100 years ago.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Those lightning wizards are the worst.

THE WORST.

He did a rain dance and the weather changed and I got struck by lightning!

loving bullshit.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So now when I aim my bow it's in first person.

Did I hit a button and toggle this without knowing or is something fucky?

It is quite disorienting.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Anidav posted:

Those lightning wizards are the worst.

THE WORST.

He did a rain dance and the weather changed and I got struck by lightning!

loving bullshit.

They aren't that bad. Once you get in close with a spear, they are dead pretty quick.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I will say Wizzrobes are the creepiest looking this iteration.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Yonobo cant reach your location! AKA anywhere on the trail

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Dog Food can't hear you!

Uh, why not, we're in an open field and he's on my minimap.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Cojawfee posted:

They aren't that bad. Once you get in close with a spear, they are dead pretty quick.

Not really, some of them dance high up in the air!

If the lightning ones are this bad, I can't imagine running into a fire, ice and wind ones. Maybe even Earth?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So guardians have gone from terrifying me to a joke in the span of 10 minutes. Turns out you can infinite stunlock them with arrows. I kind of assumed they'd shut their eye at some point but no. All you need to do to kill one is let it walk up to you behind a wall. Then you run out, shoot it once, stab with your weapon of choice, shoot it again for another stun, repeat. The only thing keeping me from hunting them now is that it would be hell on my weapon durability.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I will say Wizzrobes are the creepiest looking this iteration.

They're so cool. I swear when you get their attention they loving wave at you before proceeding with the murder. So excited to have someone to shock/burn/freeze.

Wind Waker Wizzrobes are still my favorite due to their weird noises though.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

So guardians have gone from terrifying me to a joke in the span of 10 minutes. Turns out you can infinite stunlock them with arrows. I kind of assumed they'd shut their eye at some point but no. All you need to do to kill one is let it walk up to you behind a wall. Then you run out, shoot it once, stab with your weapon of choice, shoot it again for another stun, repeat. The only thing keeping me from hunting them now is that it would be hell on my weapon durability.

You could also just perfect parry their eyebeams. Requires learning some timing though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I had a blood moon go off while in the middle of a fight with a bunch of Moblins and bokoblins, and skeletoons. gently caress that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Beastie posted:

There's bows that zoom in when aiming

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

I had a blood moon go off while in the middle of a fight with a bunch of Moblins and bokoblins, and skeletoons. gently caress that.

The moment I see those Calamity Ganon corruption particles and I'm in a enemy camp, I book it. It's the worst!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cojawfee posted:

You want bullshit? I got the bloodmoon cutscene while I was in the middle of clearing a camp of black lizalfos. So that's really aggravating, but the cutscene triggered while a black lizalfos was jumping at me from behind a rock. So as the game fades back in and gives me control I'm greeted with a lizalfos falling on top of me faster than I could of possibly reacted. Instant death :argh:

I found out that you can actually see the red moon rising far before the hosed up audio starts. So if you keep an eye on the sky you can scout out a bloodmoon and put your murder plans on hold for a bit. No good if you're somewhere you can't see the sky though.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Beastie posted:

You're probably using a "sniper" bow with better range than usual

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also if you run into the tiny baby rock steppe talus monsters you don't have to bomb them to kill them.
Pick 'em up.
Drop 'em.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Calaveron posted:

Also if you run into the tiny baby rock steppe talus monsters you don't have to bomb them to kill them.
Pick 'em up.
Drop 'em.

I feel so bad killing them. They are way too adorable :(

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

requesting Koholint Island just off the coast in full as dlc please

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

also this is my favourite video game in years. god drat. just great. love that nintendo

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm tired and I just can't figure it out, someone please explain the maze to me :(

I flew in from above, looked around up top, ran around for ages inside, killed the guardian (thanks for the shield tip, thread) and I still haven't figured out how to get to the shrine.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Eventide island loving owned

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Holy poo poo I just found the Lost Woods. Can I get you-know-what as soon as I get here or do I have to come back later?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

Holy poo poo I just found the Lost Woods. Can I get you-know-what as soon as I get here or do I have to come back later?

No. Remember back in Zelda 1 where you need a certain amount of heart containers to get the Silver Sword and the Magic Sword? That's back.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Huh, octo-balloons are a grossly hidden game mechanic. drat. Try attaching them to enemies. :getin:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I got the you-know-what in the Lost Woods. What kinds of cool things should I do with it? I totally want to take it out for a test drive before it "expends its energy" and I go back to normal weapons like usual. Can I like, destroy all those stationary Guardians with impunity and grab all their loot? Maybe even moving ones? I gotta know what kinds of things this weapon makes fun.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

No. Remember back in Zelda 1 where you need a certain amount of heart containers to get the Silver Sword and the Magic Sword? That's back.

Balls. I assume you can't cheese it with bonus hearts?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Just saw the last memory in the woods and I have two thoughts;

1.) This game's Zelda suuuuuuuuuuuuucks
2.) Link provides all the emotional comfort of a brick

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Alxprit posted:

I got the you-know-what in the Lost Woods. What kinds of cool things should I do with it? I totally want to take it out for a test drive before it "expends its energy" and I go back to normal weapons like usual. Can I like, destroy all those stationary Guardians with impunity and grab all their loot? Maybe even moving ones? I gotta know what kinds of things this weapon makes fun.

From my experience, not quite. It's the strongest sword once you're Fighting Evil... but it's still a sword weapon. You need to parry lasers consistently if you want to wreck Guardians. Like the great deku tree said: you will need more than just this blade to defeat evil.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Here's a free Korok that you'll likely never think to find; Swing by the Shrine of Resurrection and take another look at the pod you first woke up in.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

So how did everyone else get the Hebra Tower? I put a bomb under my feet. It did the trick.

Edit: Oh, never mind, figured out what to really do at a shrine, herp derp.

dublish fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Mar 7, 2017

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
Occasionally you can find rings of lily-pads in the water, they remind me of pixie rings (mushrooms). They seem suspicious but I haven't found anything out of the ordinary about them, has anyone else?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Goodchild posted:

Occasionally you can find rings of lily-pads in the water, they remind me of pixie rings (mushrooms). They seem suspicious but I haven't found anything out of the ordinary about them, has anyone else?

Try diving into one.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

And now my gerudo adventure is complete. Time to go, uh, everywhere else

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

*pauses game* Just saw my first Lynel. OH GOD WHAT DO I EVEN DO?! *keeps it on pause*

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

somnambulist posted:

*pauses game* Just saw my first Lynel. OH GOD WHAT DO I EVEN DO?! *keeps it on pause*

Mount it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

somnambulist posted:

My experience with a Lynel:

A guy tells me where I need to go for the main quest. I look at the map and make an educated guess as to where I need to go. I jump from the top of a tower and float down to where I think I need to be. Awesome, that's exactly right. Wander a bit past that point and come across what I'm guessing is a Lynel. It shoots the poo poo out of me and charges and I'm dead. I try again, I'm dead again. I say "gently caress it, I'll go the other way." The other way has an 800 HP moblin. gently caress.