Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ramagamma posted:

I love Yakuza Zero and Bloodborne but its madness to say they are universally loved. Those are not games for everyone.

What's universal among goons is hardly representative of the gaming population at large. If you browsed these forums in complete ignorance you'd think that everybody's heard of Alpha Protocol and Bethesda hasn't made a commercially successful game since Morrowind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Norns posted:

Like just don't purchase and play them if you don't like them. Seems simple?

I think to many people get fomo and force themselves to play poo poo they wouldn't naturally.

I bet a lot of people fell in love with souls for this reason tho.

theres this nerd phenomenon where they will literally spend money to have the high ground to definitively say the thing they dislike is officially definitely bad.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

rabidsquid posted:

theres this nerd phenomenon where they will literally spend money to have the high ground to definitively say the thing they dislike is officially definitely bad.

As evidenced by the thread for any Bestheda game this phenomenon often gets taken to the extreme and they'll also have to have the most posts about a game and the most hours played... just to be sure.

Also the entirity of TVIV

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

rabidsquid posted:

Or spend an entire weekend watching half-watching a stream even though they have no interest in a game at all. We have too much money and time on our hands apparently. Although, honestly I like constructive criticism from people who play a game more than "I watched this one cutscene and read this tweet and...!" type criticism, which is pretty bad and ubiquitous. A lot of the people who hate on popular game series do this a ton, though they'll usually have it backed up with "I tried an hour at my friend's house so I know it's bad! Sure I already had a weird chip on my shoulder about it already but...!"

Unrelated, anyone want to read my 200 page treatise on why Final Fantasy 8 is terrible? I love to hate that game so much.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey, does anyone still play The Last of US Multi on PS4? I wan't the Last of Us to get Platted quick as i can.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Gravy Jones posted:

None of the CoD/FIFA bro's here at work will have even heard of either of these games, but I guarantee that if they had, they'd be hating on them. They might leave their comfort zone for a new Assassain's Creed or FarCry, but that would be about it. Everything else is terrible... if it's Japanese it's even more terrible.

is it hard posting from inside that locker

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ramagamma posted:

I love Yakuza Zero and Bloodborne but its madness to say they are universally loved. Those are not games for everyone.

no game's a game for everyone despite this thread wanting to have The Universal Rec for some bizarre reason

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Motto posted:

no game's a game for everyone

Uhhhhhhhh

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Motto posted:

no game's a game for everyone despite this thread wanting to have The Universal Rec for some bizarre reason

thats true. except for we love katamari.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I do love Katamari

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

rabidsquid posted:

thats true. except for we love katamari.

To be fair, if someone doesn't like that game they be missing a soul and there's no fix for that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Please don't hate video games.

It is a diverse media with something absolutely everyone can enjoy. That's my favourite thing about it. That and every year is consistently the best year for video games due to having everything previously made and all the new stuff coming out that same year. We are lucky!

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

My Wallet is sad. Sad and empty.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Norns posted:

Choose from a variety of played out MMO quests!

Maybe this is why I enjoyed Inquisition more than some of the posters here. Haven't touched an MMO since the first year or so of EverQuest.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

My Wallet is sad. Sad and empty.

Same but my heart

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Initial Trip Report on Lego Worlds. Game has potential but slows down like a motherfucker even panning the screen on the first tiny island world you land on 5 seconds into the game. The second world (also small) gets stuttery when you pan past some trees. So I deleted the trees with the landscaper tool and now it pans smoothly. Without a future patch, this bodes VERY poorly for any kind of creativity.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Feenix posted:

Initial Trip Report on Lego Worlds. Game has potential but slows down like a motherfucker even panning the screen on the first tiny island world you land on 5 seconds into the game. The second world (also small) gets stuttery when you pan past some trees. So I deleted the trees with the landscaper tool and now it pans smoothly. Without a future patch, this bodes VERY poorly for any kind of creativity.

The early access PC version ran like poo poo. My PC is pretty old, but runs most stuff OK on lower settings. I got the preorder so cheap I'll probably keep it, but kid is going to be disappointed if it runs as bad as you make it sound.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Gravy Jones posted:

The early access PC version ran like poo poo. My PC is pretty old, but runs most stuff OK on lower settings. I got the preorder so cheap I'll probably keep it, but kid is going to be disappointed if it runs as bad as you make it sound.

https://twitter.com/feenix7/status/839168730428932096

Not sure if you can see well enough on a little Twitter Vid. First World, first 5 seconds. Tiny Island. Stutters BAD when you pan past the ship.
Second World, same issue. These are SMALL islands with hardly any structure. Big stuff and making poo poo is gonna loving DESTROY the framerate.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Anyone else check out Disc Jam? I played a match and so far it seems pretty good.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Feenix posted:

Not sure if you can see well enough on a little Twitter Vid. First World, first 5 seconds. Tiny Island. Stutters BAD when you pan past the ship.
Second World, same issue. These are SMALL islands with hardly any structure. Big stuff and making poo poo is gonna loving DESTROY the framerate.

Whelp, that don't look good... I got the pre-order for under £10 due to discount stacking so don't want to cancel in case they do patch it. The fact that they already had a last minute delay doesn't fill me with confidence.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

plz dont pull out posted:

Anyone else check out Disc Jam? I played a match and so far it seems pretty good.

Its not a Triple A game but I loved the competitiveness and options in the beta. Yes. Playing now.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Will be checking out Disc Jam.

Highly recommend Tearaway for anyone with kids. Right up there with Knack for mine :D

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Quantum of Phallus posted:

uhhhhhhhhh

Nioh
Yakuza 0
Bloodborne
Until Dawn

are all universally loved

Haha this is such a goon post.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think Nier just softlocked on me, the game froze and displayed the message "Loading map..." and it's been like that for a few minutes. Don't wanna go to the thread because it's probably the seventh circle of spoiler hell but that sucks. Game doesn't have an autosave so while I won't lose that much progress it's kind of annoying.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Until Dawn is really good though. Playing a schlocky horror movie is so much more interesting than watching one.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Lobok posted:

Maybe this is why I enjoyed Inquisition more than some of the posters here. Haven't touched an MMO since the first year or so of EverQuest.

Same. I haven't played an mmo since like 2003-04. Everquest ftw

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I find a certain kind of joy in slowly clearing out the icons from a map so the bloat in Inquisition didn't bother me. I was a lot more annoyed by FC3 and Black Flag and never ended up finishing those, however.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Do we need to rehash the Bloodborne argument for the umpteenth time and blame it on the goon hive mind really

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Feenix posted:

Its not a Triple A game but I loved the competitiveness and options in the beta. Yes. Playing now.

Yeah the presentation feels basic at best but it feels great to play. Fun when you get a good rally going.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you don't like Bloodborne then you're a bad person, there, I said it :colbert:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

rabidsquid posted:

It's me, I bought a copy of Prometheus and it is dogshit and I hate it but I'm glad this copy will never again be forced upon human eyes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

:cheers:

Electromax
May 6, 2007
D'you think we'll see a Bloodborne 2? Given comments about Dark Souls 3 being the last one for a while and general Souls burnout/decreasing hype about 5 games in 7 years or whatever, I wonder if Sony will push for it anyway.

If so I'd like to see a lot more in the lovecraft direction and less in the werewolf/beast direction, but the mix was indeed cool. Just something increasingly distant from the Dark series.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Yes Miyazaki said they're working on another "dark action rpg" in addition to an armored core reboot and some completely new IP

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

bloodychill posted:

Do we need to rehash the Bloodborne argument for the umpteenth time and blame it on the goon hive mind really

No, please don't.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lakbay posted:

Yes Miyazaki said they're working on another "dark action rpg" in addition to an armored core reboot and some completely new IP

YES.jpg

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

can't wait for bloodborne with robots

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

baram. posted:

can't wait for bloodborne with robots

the lords of the fallen studio has it coming out soon. monkeys paw closes

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Threw together a quick thread for Disc Jam for anybody playing it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812747

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Feenix posted:

Is it safe to assume that the same people at TT who make the mainline Lego games were involved in this? Because the Lego games are some of the most consistently buggy and poor performing I've seen. The Marvel Avengers game is inexcusable. Horrible pop in that actually affects the game, tons of random crashes that have cost me progress, it's ridiculous.