Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

do heavier armors actually slow down your move speed? i have my eye on the hylian knight stuff, but i don't want to move any slower, and my current tunic is actually pretty decent after the upgrades.

If I had to guess it's more likely they make you very loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ah ,I'll keep looking then. put a lot of hours in but I'm obviously just scratching the surface

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i usually stable my horse when i'm exploring a new place in detail, and then retrieve and ride it when i'm making a long haul to a tower or to a new area.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
you dont have to board your horse to be able to take it out somewhere else

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

been splitting putting my exp points into health and stamina equally

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

the durability system is... extremely win. aonuma, you son of a bitch

love breaking my highest level sword on a slime in the openworld

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the gyroscope puzzles are such win. fuckawesome

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
crammed a lunch sandwich into my mouth as fast as possible for extra zelda time

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

tumor looking batty posted:

love breaking my highest level sword on a slime in the openworld

Hell, same, but it's because I knew it would break soon and chucked it right into the slime's stupid face.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Milkman posted:

crammed a lunch sandwich into my mouth as fast as possible for extra zelda time

Same. I killed a few guardians on lunch.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Nintendo Switch is amazing.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I've had not one but two of the best open world boss fights I've ever seen in this game and I'm just one dungeon in

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

The Nintendo Switch is amazing.

this

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
nervous to play this because i've completed too much of it and don't want it to be over

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

is there a way to pet the dogs

i want to pet the dogs but i'm afraid i'll pet the wrong button and stab them to death instead

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I feel bad every time I kill a fox

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

doughvakiin posted:

nervous to play this because i've completed too much of it and don't want it to be over

There's always the inevitable playthrough where you dash straight for the castle and beat the game asap.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

dragon enthusiast posted:

Same but accidentally hitting a crane with my horse.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

dragon enthusiast posted:

I try not to kill animals

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

GameCube posted:

i want to pet the dogs but i'm afraid i'll pet the wrong button and stab them to death instead

I haven't found a way to pet em but I fed one and it followed me around. They also chase their tails which is good.

They really need to add a pet button tho.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

an actual dog posted:

I haven't found a way to pet em but I fed one and it followed me around. They also chase their tails which is good.

They really need to add a pet button tho.

the one MGS5 feature they didn't rip off. dang

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was gliding along the north of the map when suddenly I was swept into the air and I looked around and I was wafting in the current of a massive dragon

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I was gliding along the north of the map when suddenly I was swept into the air and I looked around and I was wafting in the current of a massive dragon

did you hear the music

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
this game has the best dungeons ever, i love how they're totally open because it means you can be fighting a boss across the entire dungeon.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

GameCube posted:

i crouched in front of a dog once and i got the little hearts flourish but i haven't been able to replicate it

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I wish there was some way to minimize the stamina bar because it stands out badly with the pro hud.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Is there a way to see how many hours you've played?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

i think theres some activity log App on wii u but im pretty sure you cannot on switch unless you were actively keeping track

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

finally found a way to upgrade armor more and now the usual suspects aren't chopping off 8 hearts at a time, feels like the whole world just opened up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also something i tried and worked perfectly i was so amazed (late game spoiler) you can parry guardian blasts right back at them and it takes out a huge chunk of health

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

extremebuff posted:

finally found a way to upgrade armor more and now the usual suspects aren't chopping off 8 hearts at a time, feels like the whole world just opened up

Buffs from food/elixers are really strong, too. Eating defense food with a 3 rating is the difference between a Lynel one shotting me and taking half a heart.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Kongming posted:

Buffs from food/elixers are really strong, too. Eating defense food with a 3 rating is the difference between a Lynel one shotting me and taking half a heart.

time to use the 300 ironshrooms ive been piling up then

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I am way overpowered for the Zora stuff since i found so many shrines and upgraded armor so i kicked the Lynel's rear end

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

mabels big day posted:

I am way overpowered for the Zora stuff since i found so many shrines and upgraded armor so i kicked the Lynel's rear end

I didn't try to fight him I just ran from tree to tree grabbing the arrows

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

The profile page on the switch is supposed to but mine just says "started 4 days ago"

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i did zora dungeon first and i killed the linel, if you shoot an arrow at its face it gets stunned then you can mount it and beat the poo poo out of it. i had to do it alot because weak equipment but it worked

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The Milkman posted:

I didn't try to fight him I just ran from tree to tree grabbing the arrows

I would have done that too if I went there when the game wanted me to

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
linels are still the hardest enemies for me. like hinoxes and taluses are no problem even with their fancy lifebars but i still get hosed up by the lion men

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

If you have Link kick open a chest with no pants on he'll stub his toe and grab his foot in pain.

If anyone has cleared Eventide Island, I got two of the orbs but the one around the Hinox's neck is tricky. It's tough to kill with no gear and the crummy weapons you find on the island. I don't know if it's possible to nab the orb on it's neck without killing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kongming posted:

If you have Link kick open a chest with no pants on he'll stub his toe and grab his foot in pain.

If anyone has cleared Eventide Island, I got two of the orbs but the one around the Hinox's neck is tricky. It's tough to kill with no gear and the crummy weapons you find on the island. I don't know if it's possible to nab the orb on it's neck without killing it.

That's one of my favorite fights so far. hope you can figure it out on your own.

• Locked thread