Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

So does the nature of a unit stay the same when you move it up a rank, or does it reset like their stats? I just pulled a Nino, but it's the 3* version and I don't want to blow 22k feathers if it's a version of her that's not even good.

Natures stay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
So I did one last pull to get something off the sibling banner because hey, gimme an olwen, but I ended up with a Hinoka, Julia and Erika all on the same pull!???? I guess maybe next banner I'll get an Olwen and Reinhardt

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

chiasaur11 posted:

Natures stay.

That's what I asssumed. Last I heard the calculator was only really good at telling natures from initial stats for 5* base units, is that still the case?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

W.T. Fits posted:

Also, don't think I've seen anyone mention it, but in addition to the 9 orbs from the Xenologue they added today, Part 5 of the Launch Celebration battle is up in the Special Maps category. Beat up Felicia, Jakob, Saizo and Kagero twice for 6 more orbs.

I saw that but not the Xenologue! Thanks for the alert.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
finally got around to uppin my nino to 5*. +SPD, -RES

not 100% the best but p good natures i guess

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'm pretty sure that's 100% the best possible nature for Nino.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I've been rolling for an Eirika but I keep getting almost no red orbs. On the plus side, 5* Elise, Julia, and Azura! :toot:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Clarste posted:

I'm pretty sure that's 100% the best possible nature for Nino.

i think -Def might be a little better so she can do better against mages but idk

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

This tournament needs to cool it with the Annas. I mean, I like her but dang, every single fight has given me one.

And now this battle has two Annas on both sides.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I got olivia almost every fight which is awesome

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I would like an Azura, please

to put in the garbage

for being a boring lameo

then i would like a severa instead, for being a funny angery person

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

MotU posted:

i think -Def might be a little better so she can do better against mages but idk

-Def puts her at risk of getting one-shot by a +Atk Takumi, which is far more common. The -3 Res doesn't actually change any of her mage match-ups anyway.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is there a resource listing heroes sorted by total stat scores? I wanna see if I can improve my arena score with my next 20k feathers

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

http://feheroes.wiki/Stats_Table

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Clarste posted:

-Def puts her at risk of getting one-shot by a +Atk Takumi, which is far more common. The -3 Res doesn't actually change any of her mage match-ups anyway.

oh well hey then

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I'm dragging my feet on 5*ing my +Spd/-Res Nino but I probably should. Julia is pretty cool though, hits like a dang truck.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

:confuoot:

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Noooo so close to top 10 :gonk:

Also 101 on the overall leaderboard :sigh:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
This is the most insufferable game mode. That's 10 games in a row with unwinable teams. This is more frustrating than fun and not really worth the feathers.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Roger Explosion posted:

This is the most insufferable game mode. That's 10 games in a row with unwinable teams. This is more frustrating than fun and not really worth the feathers.

I haven't gotten any unwinnable matches, period

Either you're insanely unlucky or you're losing winnable battles

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Yeah no kidding. I've only lost one match entirely due to my butterfingers and my wife (who's having trouble with Hard story) finds Gauntlet easy.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

cheetah7071 posted:

When the game gives you an able and a roy against a team of takumis or lucinas I don't know what to tell you.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

ChronoReverse posted:

Yeah no kidding. I've only lost one match entirely due to my butterfingers and my wife (who's having trouble with Hard story) finds Gauntlet easy.

You can use light's blessings too, it's virtually impossible to have a matchup so bad you can't revive your team and win.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Nuebot posted:

When the game gives you an able and a roy against a team of takumis or lucinas I don't know what to tell you.

Abel against team TakuCina sounds like a good time actually

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Abel clowns on all swords forever and Roy is actually pretty good against Takumi since he can tank a hit and set up OHKOs with Seal Def.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

3 light armored melee vs 2 ranges and a flier on the map where the enemy team is on the island in the center

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

FoolyCharged posted:

3 light armored melee vs 2 ranges and a flier on the map where the enemy team is on the island in the center

Good? That makes it incredibly easy to bait them.

Unwinnable, imo, means you have three of the same color and they all have gem weapons so you cant even hurt them.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Mar 8, 2017

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I still haven't gotten 2 Elise in my party. Being part of team Elise hasn't been as massive a failure as I expected.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Who's even on team Alfonse, poor guy

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

Who's even on team Alfonse, poor guy

Nobody?

He's just kind of there, really.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Is anyone here on Team Chrom and able to report on exactly how that match-up is going?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

:buddy:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Clarste posted:

Is anyone here on Team Chrom and able to report on exactly how that match-up is going?

who gives a poo poo about chrom

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

neongrey posted:

who gives a poo poo about chrom

No one, I just haven't anything about that match from anyone I know (presumably because no one gives a poo poo about chrom), so I'm curious. Ephraim and Leo are apparently pretty close, with Ephraim having a small but stable lead.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

cheetah7071 posted:

Maybe one or two of them I could have survived, but I've yet to get a match-up in my favour today. Even a usable one ends up with armour units behind lava versing mages.

Edit: Two Lyns and my Anna versus Two Camillas and a Takumi. FINALLY.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 8, 2017

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Clarste posted:

No one, I just haven't anything about that match from anyone I know (presumably because no one gives a poo poo about chrom), so I'm curious. Ephraim and Leo are apparently pretty close, with Ephraim having a small but stable lead.

Ephraim is up 150 million votes. That margin has been stable even though the number of votes has increased.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I've only lost one match so far, and I'm pretty sure I misplayed that one. You're just really unlucky.

One trick I've heard works though is using a level 1 character as your leader when starting the fight. This will make the game try to match you against other level one characters, but it's still forced to pull someone off of your friends list, who are probably all level 40.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Philip Rivers posted:

Abel clowns on all swords forever and Roy is actually pretty good against Takumi since he can tank a hit and set up OHKOs with Seal Def.

Not against three though. Roy can beat down one Takumi but not three. I wish I'd get a takumi on my team for some vengeance.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

akulanization posted:

Ephraim is up 150 million votes. That margin has been stable even though the number of votes has increased.

150 million is absurdly close compared to the other match-ups I've seen. Eirika is 400 million ahead (triple Elise's score), and Lucina is like a billion ahead or something absurd.

I wouldn't be surprised in Ephraim v Leon is the closest match in the tournament.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Yea, this is too many tasks, my completionist OCD can't handle it