Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

My girlfriend wanted to see it because she likes Emily Blunt.

She immediately said she didn't want to watch anymore after the border crossing scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I watched it a couple weeks ago but nothing beats the border crossing scene for sheer tension in a film. The whole convoy sequence reminded me of doing route clearance and finding an IED on the way back through and waiting to get attacked.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
This dude is rad as hell

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

cowboy elvis posted:

This dude is rad as hell

I like how they basically put Mike Vining in the movie.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I like how they basically put Mike Vining in the movie.

Yea the resemblance is too much to be a coincidence.

"I've got a boner."

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Welp got Ghost Recon. Gonna make Mike Vining.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Why have I not watched this before? Holy poo poo.

What system are most people getting Ghost Recon for? I'd be down to roll with a GiP crew, since none of my buddies are going to buy it. I usually play on Xbox, but I could play it on my PS4.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've got it on PS4.

bird_law111

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sicario is pretty dope, even if I did think "wait this is basically just that one episode of Breaking Bad" the entire time

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

A Bad Poster posted:

Why have I not watched this before? Holy poo poo.

What system are most people getting Ghost Recon for? I'd be down to roll with a GiP crew, since none of my buddies are going to buy it. I usually play on Xbox, but I could play it on my PS4.

Did you get to the sunset tunnel scene? It's loving wild.

bloops fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 8, 2017

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Not yet. So far this has been loving rad though.

Edit: :staredog: OH.

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 8, 2017

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Put an hour into wildlands tonight on Xbox. Pretty fun. Didn't play beta so this is all new to me. Apparently there is no FAL or G3 and I dunno how you can make a game about South American drug wars without battle rifles

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
ive been killing sharks all day

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I suggest everyone turns off the in-game music for GRW and plays the Sicario soundtrack via Spotify. Game is much better that way.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
controversial opinion: sicario was kind of disappointing to me v:shobon:v

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

More than anything else, I was impressed by the choreography and camera work in Sicario. The sunset scene at the cross-border tunnel and the convoy of SUVs & Federales technicals were standouts.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, even a bad one.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That's just a good old-fashioned bad opinion right there.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

I didn't like it either to be honest. It felt too cynical and depressing.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

The Rat posted:

I didn't like it either to be honest. It felt too cynical and depressing.

Hit too close to reality for you?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Something like that, yeah. My deployment time already showed me that nothing I do will ever make a difference, I don't need movies reminding me of that.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Sicario was loving awesome. 2015 wasn't a great year for movies, but between Sicario, Mad Max, and Ex Machina I was still pretty happy.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I dig Sicario, but Jesus was it grim. Definitely didn't feel good after watching it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Really though, way more of the bad guys died than good guys in that movie

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Buca di Bepis posted:

Really though, way more of the bad guys died than good guys in that movie

there were only, like, two "good guys" though

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So we paid a really bad tough guy to kill a ton of bad guys in a scene reminiscent of a video game. Seems like the American way. So what if he mentally destroyed a nice lady along the way?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I bought the hundle bundle

have some bad free steam games

I won't tell you what goes to what and I don't care if you take them all

3BP0V-0C8LD-DACWJ
4WDHR-QVHQR-L4404
592YM-080VM-YGCEF
4XB7H-0KGWY-32WRX

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Third World Reggin posted:

I bought the hundle bundle

have some bad free steam games

I won't tell you what goes to what and I don't care if you take them all

3BP0V-0C8LD-DACWJ
4WDHR-QVHQR-L4404
592YM-080VM-YGCEF
4XB7H-0KGWY-32WRX

I think I probably ought to thank you

but goddamn, you weren't kidding about "bad"

e: in other news, the CK2 DLC "Reaper's Due" adds some gruesome execution sound effects

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So it's fun and very pretty. Game has a few faults but nothing horrible. Biggest complaint is that the vehicles (helicopter especially) handle like dogshit.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
vermin tide on humble bundle is like 6 bucks so that is the key I took from that list, and gave one other to a friend

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

cowboy elvis posted:

I suggest everyone turns off the in-game music for GRW and plays the Sicario soundtrack via Spotify. Game is much better that way.

That's a good idea but I kinda like the ambient music that pops up here and there. Those light guitar notes remind me of Red Dead Redemption :buddy:

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

So it's fun and very pretty. Game has a few faults but nothing horrible. Biggest complaint is that the vehicles (helicopter especially) handle like dogshit.

Yeah, they were like that in the betas :( Helicopters are loving weird but it could just be me trying to fly them like I did in Grand Theft Auto.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i picked up vermintide in a ps4 sale and should probably play it just once but :effort:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
vermintide is loving dope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3EFx7crHTA

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Oh wow I just realized this game has microtransactions. Stay golden Ubisoft. You're a poo poo company.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CQ-CQw8AEg

This is a fun video game.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
For helicopters I don't understand how but a friend I play with can zoom around in one using kb and mouse like it's nothing. In the beta he did a barrel roll to dodge an incoming missile. There's a trick to it I haven't learned but it's real cool as a passenger.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

cowboy elvis posted:

This dude is rad as hell

Yeah Michael Westen is no joke, but Sam Axe is the real go to guy

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fart Sandwiches posted:

For helicopters I don't understand how but a friend I play with can zoom around in one using kb and mouse like it's nothing. In the beta he did a barrel roll to dodge an incoming missile. There's a trick to it I haven't learned but it's real cool as a passenger.

I'm still trying to figure it out. Most games you can pitch forward to gain velocity at the cost of altitude, then hit the gas again to pull up. What I can tell from Wildlands is that you need to be throttling up or down constantly to get any movement, and whether you gain or lose altitude is a crapshoot. I just want to be able to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THTuoscYdXU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yeah, the helicopter controls in the beta annoyed the poo poo out of me. You can't really flare easily (I think that's the maneuver you're talking about EBB).

I've said this before but why can't they just copy the control scheme from Just Cause 3 or GTAV for helicopters/planes? It's not like they're proprietary.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

PS4 4.5 firmware out tomorrow, with Boost Mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

PS4 4.5 firmware out tomorrow, with Boost Mode
Is Boost Mode just for those with the Pro?

edit: Google says yes, and there's also finally external HDD support. About time really