Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I've gotten two Sun Stones, so I better not get another one. Unfortunately, I only recently evolved my first Vileplume and have yet to see a Sunkern, so they'll be sitting around for a bit. A King's Rock or a Dragon Scale would be great, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Got one metal coat or whatever, from the "guaranteed" 7th day spin, before they removed it. Not so lucky with my eggs, though. Sandshrews, psyducks, and tentacool en masse, and gligars from my 10ks. If I didn't already have a wonder which seems to max out at just around 1k cp, it'd be great.

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

I got one Evo from a 7 day "guarantee" I've visited probably 150-200 stops since then and nada.

I guess some people are just luckier than others

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
I've gotten 1 upgrade for my 3 Porygon candy and that's it (from 7 day spin).

My eggs have been truly incredible though. I believe since I hatched two Dratini in roughly a week the game is trying to teach me a lesson of sorts.

7x Staryu
4x Natu
1x Growlithe
Edit: 1x Elephant dude
5x other unnotable 1 offs like :psyduck:

No 10ks since mid January (when I got my dratinis)

Now you know why I'm a bitter soul

Math You fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Mar 7, 2017

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I got 5 items, 3 of which were Dragon Scales that I haven't been able to use...

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
I got a Sun Stone and a King's Rock early on, but nothing since then, and I'd estimate I hit about 200 stops a week.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm actually up to 5 total items, but I spin about 100 stops a day and had a no item streak hit 700ish stops.

Also had hoarded some 10kms which turned out ok but some were pre gen2 I think. Pineco (which I found a day later outside work) and gligar are my only good hatches.

Oddly, found a mareep yesterday in the exact same spot I saw the only Chansey I've ever seen. must be an ultra rare spawn point.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Just caught a 1650 forretress. Wtf is this crap?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Dragonite spawned at a stop a couple minutes away from my house.

Was honestly debating just skipping over it since I already have 5 buuuut glad I didn't.

:stare:

Has Steel Wing/Hurricane, not too shabby.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Marf Revus posted:

How many evolution items have you guys gotten? Picked up my ninth tonight and not sure if I'm insanely lucky or what. The only two other people I know who still play have gotten one between them 😳

Four (one each of sun stone, dragon scale, upgrade, and metal coat), but that was with a few days at the beginning with stop-heavy routes so in those first 3-4 days I probably spun over 200 stops. Since then I've gotten none and probably spun 100-150.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
my friend is on a 750+ stop streak with no item.

Also, what's the new update about ? Just had it forced on the android version.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Why, "minor text updates," of course.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

My luck lately has been crap. I've only had the one evo item from my first seven day streak and 200 stops of nothing. Out of 25 eggs I've had 2 Phanpy, a Gligar and a Pineco and the rest all generation one. I'd already caught a Gligar and Pineco in the wild. My other 10k were a Dratini and two Snorlaxes. I caught one new Pokemon last week and that was a Dunsparce. My daily footstep counter game isn't much fun now.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Louisgod posted:

:stare:

Has Steel Wing/Hurricane, not too shabby.

Jesus christ instant gym stuffer. Lucky man.

I only got an Up-Grade from the short time the guaranteed 7th day spin was around. Nothing since then even if I've been trying to spin more stops. Wish I kept count from my records but I'm fairly certain I've done more than 300 spins and got nothing.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Just caught a 1650 forretress. Wtf is this crap?

A bag worm.

Also I've gotten 2 metal coats, 2 upgrades, and 1 sun stone. Haven't been counting stops but they seen to drop at places Ives either never been before or haven't visited since gen 2 launched.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Hatched an igglybuff. Haven't checked IVs yet but its cute

How worthwhile is wigglytuff for gym battles?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

boy are my arms tired posted:

Worthless as far as I can tell. Decent HP, but well below Snorlax and miles away from Chansey/Blissey, and nothing else to really help them except normal types are hard to hurt because fighting sucks. Although the new fighting moves might invalidate that statement, I don't know.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

boy are my arms tired posted:

Only good for gym prestige. Pound / Hyperbeam or Pound / Play Rough are the movesets you're looking for.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I just passed a gym that was level 9, yet only had 4 Pokémon stationed there. Very strange, but at least there's another gym to put one of my guys in.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I see you've made the correct choice of buddy. If only it sped up egg hatching like in the main games. :v:

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I just passed a gym that was level 9, yet only had 4 Pokémon stationed there. Very strange, but at least there's another gym to put one of my guys in.

Sometimes people just prestige as much as they can without having as many people with them, to help their team. Though I guess in a busier area than mine the effort wouldn't last very long.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 8, 2017

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Willsun posted:

Jesus christ instant gym stuffer. Lucky man.

I only got an Up-Grade from the short time the guaranteed 7th day spin was around. Nothing since then even if I've been trying to spin more stops. Wish I kept count from my records but I'm fairly certain I've done more than 300 spins and got nothing.

Well the hardcore number crunchers have found its 1/1000 so you're ahead of the curve.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

mastershakeman posted:

my friend is on a 750+ stop streak with no item.

Also, what's the new update about ? Just had it forced on the android version.

I'm getting a bit sick of them forcing 300 MB app updates just for string/i18n changes.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

I'm getting a bit sick of no special items and non-stop 5 km eggs hatching gen 1 garbage.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I got 1 up-grade on literally my first spin after johto update, nothing since. Haven't seen a lot of the cooler gen2 poke yet either but I tend to traverse the same area a lot since I work 7 days a week for 12+ hours a day (chef life is bad for pokemon hunting. I know how to cook a farfetch'd if I find one though!).

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

pile of brown posted:

I got 1 up-grade on literally my first spin after johto update, nothing since. Haven't seen a lot of the cooler gen2 poke yet either but I tend to traverse the same area a lot since I work 7 days a week for 12+ hours a day (chef life is bad for pokemon hunting. I know how to cook a farfetch'd if I find one though!).

Does it involve the Spring Onion, or is that just garnish?

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."
4 evo items so far. Haven't been counting the stops but they're all sun stones. :geno:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

loving Ouch.

I've also had 4, but at least I've only had the one dupe, an extra Dragon Scale.

Is it likely that more pokes will use the same items further down the road? Right now Dragon Scale is only used for Kingdra, but will it be used for a different evolution later? I know there's a couple of items used for multiple evos already.

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

pile of brown posted:

I've seen probably the same 20 gen 2 Pokémon, that's it.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

AirRaid posted:

loving Ouch.

I've also had 4, but at least I've only had the one dupe, an extra Dragon Scale.

Is it likely that more pokes will use the same items further down the road? Right now Dragon Scale is only used for Kingdra, but will it be used for a different evolution later? I know there's a couple of items used for multiple evos already.

I'm pretty sure only Gen 2 mons require these evolution items, unfortunately...

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I got a Metal Coat from a 7-day streak spin, and an Up-Grade completely at random.

I have no Porygon to upgrade. :(

e:

AirRaid posted:

Sun Stones are used to evolve a couple Gen 5 mons and a Gen 6 mon. Everything else is Gen 2 only. So eventually you will have further uses for Sun Stones, but it's gonna be a very long wait.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 8, 2017

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm getting a bit sick of this bug where a defender fires a charge move at me at my low health, I dodge, but the game decides to pretend I got hit, displays my poke fainting and being replaced, and then realizes I dodged, withdraws the new guy and puts the actually-still-fine poke back but now he's invisible and I can't see anything to dodge and I don't know my actual health and sometimes I don't appear to be delivering half my attacks and freaking chaos reigns until I actually die.

Am I the only one to suffer this? Have a Droid Ultra a few years old.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I've got a 1480 CP Wigglytuff with 201 HP and Pound/Dazzling Gleam, any good?

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

SuperKlaus posted:

I'm getting a bit sick of this bug where a defender fires a charge move at me at my low health, I dodge, but the game decides to pretend I got hit, displays my poke fainting and being replaced, and then realizes I dodged, withdraws the new guy and puts the actually-still-fine poke back but now he's invisible and I can't see anything to dodge and I don't know my actual health and sometimes I don't appear to be delivering half my attacks and freaking chaos reigns until I actually die.

Happens all the time to me on a phone newer than PoGo... Quite annoying.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

SuperKlaus posted:

Nope, I see this all the time. Brand new Pixel XL. Just a lovely bug in the app. I basically effectively think of my pokes as having like 95% of their HP bar as a result and reflexively swap a bit early to make sure I don't have to deal with this. I do get greedy sometimes if they're about to get their charge move and it will finish the current defender though. So that's basically the only time I see it now but it happens every time like you described.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

SuperKlaus posted:

iPhone 6S, happens to me a lot too.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

SuperKlaus posted:

Happens to me probably 1 out of 20 fights the coding is real dumb

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

pile of brown posted:

(chef life is bad for pokemon hunting. I know how to cook a farfetch'd if I find one though!)

Do you use mushrooms a lot because I want Paras to be gone forever.

SuperKlaus posted:

Oh you can bet everyone suffers this stupid poo poo. My phone is Christmas new. You know what the best part is? When you have a charged move saved up but you wanna use it after the defender fires so you wouldn't be stuck in your charge move's animation and they fire off theirs and you can't dodge, but the bug makes the game think you died and the ensuing switching out takes away your charge. So not only do you have to either play until your original Pokemon dies or hurry and switch out a new mon (and then the original back in if you wanna keep using it), you're now down a whole charge move's worth of damage you could've inflicted. This is life or death when you fight a high cp Blissey because then you're probably sure to time out.

Ira Glass Jaw posted:

I've seen probably the same 20 gen 2 Pokémon, that's it.

I'm curious what's common gen 2 Pokemon for everyone because maybe there's a new Drowzee that no one on the west coast ever saw until Halloween but was commonplace for people in other parts of the country.

For my place in Cali:

Common: Sentret, Hoothoot, Spinarak, Natu, Sunkern, Murkrow, Snubbull, Teddiursa, Houndour

Uncommon: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Ledyba, Hoppip, Yanma, Wooper, Sudowoodo (kinda becoming the Pinsir of gen 2 for me though), Slugma, Dunsparce, Shuckle

Rare: Totodile, Chinchou, Flaaffy, Marill, Aipom, Misdreavus, Wobbuffet, Swinub, Mantine, Skarmory, Phanpy, Stantler, Miltank, Larvitar

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I've noticed since gen2 started spawning, tauroses basically never spawn. :rip: anyone who wants a regional pokemon now, I guess?

They used to be all over the place here. Anyone from other regions see the same with Farfetchd and Mr. Mine and so on?

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Willsun posted:

Do you use mushrooms a lot because I want Paras to be gone forever.

Oh you can bet everyone suffers this stupid poo poo. My phone is Christmas new. You know what the best part is? When you have a charged move saved up but you wanna use it after the defender fires so you wouldn't be stuck in your charge move's animation and they fire off theirs and you can't dodge, but the bug makes the game think you died and the ensuing switching out takes away your charge. So not only do you have to either play until your original Pokemon dies or hurry and switch out a new mon (and then the original back in if you wanna keep using it), you're now down a whole charge move's worth of damage you could've inflicted. This is life or death when you fight a high cp Blissey because then you're probably sure to time out.

I'm curious what's common gen 2 Pokemon for everyone because maybe there's a new Drowzee that no one on the west coast ever saw until Halloween but was commonplace for people in other parts of the country.

For my place in Cali:

Common: Sentret, Hoothoot, Spinarak, Natu, Sunkern, Murkrow, Snubbull, Teddiursa, Houndour

Uncommon: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Ledyba, Hoppip, Yanma, Wooper, Sudowoodo (kinda becoming the Pinsir of gen 2 for me though), Slugma, Dunsparce, Shuckle

Rare: Totodile, Chinchou, Flaaffy, Marill, Aipom, Misdreavus, Wobbuffet, Swinub, Mantine, Skarmory, Phanpy, Stantler, Miltank, Larvitar

Come to Indiana if you're hurting for swinub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I am still lousy with mongol kangaroos so it's still a thing I think?

• Locked thread