Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

How did he get clones in both P2 and P4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Davethulhu posted:

Retreat them after p2 is cleared, I guess?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Dely Apple posted:

May new characters are Visa MCarr, Admiral Express, and D'ebb Credds leading the Max Rebo Band

Miss opportunity to name it the Max Repo Band

Vulpes posted:

Retreat them after p2 is cleared, I guess?

Pretty sure the P4 clone team is the third guy. By P4 2 of them have 16 mil dmg and he has like 6 mil and then he solo's P4 I guess? They all end up very close in dmg.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Jerkface posted:

Pretty sure the P4 clone team is the third guy. By P4 2 of them have 16 mil dmg and he has like 6 mil and then he solo's P4 I guess? They all end up very close in dmg.

ah ok, I assumed it was just one guy's viewpoint. you see them all dying in p2.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Jerkface posted:

Miss opportunity to name it the Max Repo Band

:negative:

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I hope they add Imperial Explosive Crate as a character soon.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

iGestalt posted:

hes op he does so much dmg

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Jerkface posted:

hes op he does so much dmg

It's only ability: Explode. It's Zeta ability is Explode a whole dang lot. Eventually they release other Crate's that have synergy with him. Ammo Box. Health Box. Mysterious Box. Yoda-Is-In-A-Box.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Czerka Packing Tape Mk. III-M x500 required, box gearing is bullshit.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

"It's just a box"

!

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So, any early estimates of the OPness of the new faction characters yet Mal?

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
I didn't see anyone else mention it, but apparently Krennic and Deathtrooper got added to Chromium packs. Hopefully we'll see them and the rest of the Rogue One gang added to F2P in a month or two.

Edit: Just looked at the update post. Krennic and Deathtrooper were also added to Shipments, so that's cool. TFP and Shoretrooper have also been added to the Assault Battle: Military Might event.

Taran_Wanderer fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Mar 9, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Taran_Wanderer posted:

I didn't see anyone else mention it, but apparently Krennic and Deathtrooper got added to Chromium packs. Hopefully we'll see them and the rest of the Rogue One gang added to F2P in a month or two.

Also Baze/Chirrut/Deathtrooper/Cassian/Jyn (and I assume Krennic though I haven't seen him) are availiable for crystals from shipments.

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think

iGestalt posted:

This would be a great setup for an April Fools joke character. Having it show up in these events and post rumors about a new champ release and it's actually the crate.

Maybe if you have it in a squad and finish battles with it still alive you get bonus loot.

Edit:

How does Boba's execute interact with Hera's revive ability?

CaptainAssholay fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 9, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Bobas execute is final.

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
Good, he's the only thing keeping me sane in most of this game.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Do patches on this game tend to break emulator support? Just started using Memu after the recent recommendation and it was working fine until yesterday, at which point it started randomly spitting out error 104.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Jerkface posted:

Mr. Neutron posted:

So, any early estimates of the OPness of the new faction characters yet Mal?

Because of Hera's ability, it's hard to say for sure. I think that they are already looking quite powerful, but they are lacking someone with auto-taunt, and they aren't absurdly fast or anything like that. If Ezra and Zeb have really powerful uniques, this team will be OP, if they don't, who knows, they could be this month's DT/DK. I'm not giving them any credits or gear until I know more.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
IGD once again we're finishing p1 too quickly. I'm going to include a message reminding folks to go slow, especially if you're not beating the whole stage. However there's also something you can do to help yourselves: before the damage phase starts, enter the fight with the rancor and then just pause the app. As long as you return before payouts are awarded, you will be able to fight p1 and get credit for it.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

IGD once again we're finishing p1 too quickly. I'm going to include a message reminding folks to go slow, especially if you're not beating the whole stage. However there's also something you can do to help yourselves: before the damage phase starts, enter the fight with the rancor and then just pause the app. As long as you return before payouts are awarded, you will be able to fight p1 and get credit for it.

So, I think it might be worth reconsidering how you do Rancor. In TI, we have two starting times, we use 1pm and 8pm Eastern time, which was based on a poll. We rotate between these two times and start it roughly 24 hours before you can place damage. Then, once the go time happens, it's a zerg. I realize this will make it hard for everyone to actually place damage in the raid -- we tend to finish Rancor in about 15 minutes, this is why we give 24 hours and rotate between two starting times. This way everyone has a time they can make, even if the other time isn't ideal.

I'm not sure it will work for you, but I figured it's worth considering. It also balances out those that have a strong P1 team versus everyone else (unless you have a Zader team -- then you just win). If you don't have a strong P1 team, you can drop 500k-1 mil in there, and then place another 200-500k in each phase, while the Teebo teams just stay in P1 (or as far as they can go in one run) for the raid.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

So, I think it might be worth reconsidering how you do Rancor. In TI, we have two starting times, we use 1pm and 8pm Eastern time, which was based on a poll. We rotate between these two times and start it roughly 24 hours before you can place damage. Then, once the go time happens, it's a zerg. I realize this will make it hard for everyone to actually place damage in the raid -- we tend to finish Rancor in about 15 minutes, this is why we give 24 hours and rotate between two starting times. This way everyone has a time they can make, even if the other time isn't ideal.

I'm not sure it will work for you, but I figured it's worth considering. It also balances out those that have a strong P1 team versus everyone else (unless you have a Zader team -- then you just win). If you don't have a strong P1 team, you can drop 500k-1 mil in there, and then place another 200-500k in each phase, while the Teebo teams just stay in P1 (or as far as they can go in one run) for the raid.

That is how we do it, except... we want phase 1 to be open for 30 minutes.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

That is how we do it, except... we want phase 1 to be open for 30 minutes.

Oh, I thought it was still one hit per person. It's 30 minutes P1, then everyone zergs P2-P4?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

Oh, I thought it was still one hit per person. It's 30 minutes P1, then everyone zergs P2-P4?

Still one hit per person, but p1 is getting finished super fast.

Here's the best solution I can come up with:

1. 24 hour no damage period, so you can post a zero damage hit.
2. If you want to get a big hit in, pre-load your team prior to the damage phase. Start the fight then pause the app. 30 minute wait is too difficult to enforce. Pre-loading your team give you at least a 2 hour window to do damage (today was 2 hours and 30 minutes).

I'm open to further suggestions, but I don't want this to continue being a big hassle.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Some guy in our guild started a 6* Rancor and put in like 34 mil to finish it before more than 5 people were able to get in on it :( I need furnaces god dammit. At least the leader told him he was gonna get booted if he did it again.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Dave, if you keep suggesting reasonable solutions we're not going to have anything to complain about.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Narry a fusion furnace piece in the last like month + of rancors.

It's not loving funny anymore, you guys.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Chilichimp posted:

Same, to add insult to injury i got a whole gear piece! a mk4 carbanti! Who could require such a rare and difficult to obtain piece of gear?

:negative:

Still, at least my first solo run wasn't a fluke, and I was around for the very start of P1 this time.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I've gotten caller salvage once since December, and one full piece. In that same time, I've bought roughly 100 caller salvage between the guild shop and shard shop, as well as one full caller from the shard shop. RNG sucks.

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I can donate some if you request and I happen to check the requests that day.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zone of Danger posted:

I can donate some if you request and I happen to check the requests that day.

I'm going to start requesting it daily.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I donate rancor raid gear anytime people ask but at 2 pieces per day it's really slow gifting :(

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I have:
130 droid callers
237 security scanners
83 nubian design tech
99 Thermal detonators (not a single character even requires this salvage currently)
And 28 Fusion Furnaces... all of where were bought from the Guild Store, Shard Shop, or gifted. I haven't crafted a FF from pieces since 2016.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 9, 2017

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Malgrin posted:

RNG sucks.

I'll never for the life of me figure out why they've gone for an RNG model that creates more moments of disappointment than moments of feeling like you're making progress. E.g. purple items on roughly a 20-25% drop rate. Every 5 attempts on average will yield four moments of the player experiencing disappointment. Instead, make the droprate 80% and increase the number of pieces needed so that the length of the grind is the same, but 4 out of 5 attempts result in the player feeling like they're making progress. This isn't quantum theory and Blizzard worked it out years ago.

Or reduce the grind anyway but that's a different whine.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Phoenix unique abilities are up:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/98150/phoenix-squadron-abilities/p1?new=1

Hera: Each active Phoenix ally grants their Unique ability to other Phoenix allies. In addition, whenever a Phoenix ally uses a special ability, they gain 5~20% Turn Meter if Hera is active.
Pick 4:
Chopper recovers 15% max health at start of turn, and whenever damaged, gains 15% protection up if he doesn't already have protection up
Kanan has 30~70% Counter Chance and recovers 10~ 25% health whenever he suffers a debuff.
Zeb has bonus Max Protection equal to +10~30% of his Max Health, and recovers 10~15% Protection at the start of his turn. This recovery is doubled if Zeb is debuffed.
Ezra gains 5~10% Offense at the end of his turn (stacking, maximum 10~40%). This bonus is reset when Ezra is defeated.
Sabine has +5~25% Critical Chance and 10~25% Critical Damage.

Chilichimp posted:

I have:
130 droid callers
237 security scanners
83 nubian design tech
99 Thermal detonators (not a single character even requires this salvage currently)
And 28 Fusion Furnaces... all of where were bought from the Guild Store, Shard Shop, or gifted. I haven't crafted a FF from pieces since 2016.

Lol that's cute. I have: 594 Scanners (plus two full), 385 Discs, 216 Furnacs, and 6 Arakyd Droid Callers. Of the last 100 or so caller pieces I've gotten, 15 were actually from raids. I've also purchased 1 full caller from the store, and gotten one caller from a raid, and that's over like 3 months.

Cactus posted:

I'll never for the life of me figure out why they've gone for an RNG model that creates more moments of disappointment than moments of feeling like you're making progress. E.g. purple items on roughly a 20-25% drop rate. Every 5 attempts on average will yield four moments of the player experiencing disappointment. Instead, make the droprate 80% and increase the number of pieces needed so that the length of the grind is the same, but 4 out of 5 attempts result in the player feeling like they're making progress. This isn't quantum theory and Blizzard worked it out years ago.

Or reduce the grind anyway but that's a different whine.

Their solution to RNG is probably the worst solution they could've come up with.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Phoenix unique abilities are up:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/98150/phoenix-squadron-abilities/p1?new=1

Hera: Each active Phoenix ally grants their Unique ability to other Phoenix allies. In addition, whenever a Phoenix ally uses a special ability, they gain 5~20% Turn Meter if Hera is active.
Pick 4:
Chopper recovers 15% max health at start of turn, and whenever damaged, gains 15% protection up if he doesn't already have protection up
Kanan has 30~70% Counter Chance and recovers 10~ 25% health whenever he suffers a debuff.
Zeb has bonus Max Protection equal to +10~30% of his Max Health, and recovers 10~15% Protection at the start of his turn. This recovery is doubled if Zeb is debuffed.
Ezra gains 5~10% Offense at the end of his turn (stacking, maximum 10~40%). This bonus is reset when Ezra is defeated.
Sabine has +5~25% Critical Chance and 10~25% Critical Damage.

Lol that's cute. I have: 594 Scanners (plus two full), 385 Discs, 216 Furnacs, and 6 Arakyd Droid Callers. Of the last 100 or so caller pieces I've gotten, 15 were actually from raids. I've also purchased 1 full caller from the store, and gotten one caller from a raid, and that's over like 3 months.

Their solution to RNG is probably the worst solution they could've come up with.

I'm pretty sure I've got 2 full Security scanners too, maybe not, I just bought some furnaces recently and I might have had a place for those ready-made shits.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 9, 2017

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I love how the first thing they do after releasing an amazing QoL change to team selection is release an event that not only doesn't allow you to select your teams, but doesn't even remember them between days/levels so you have to select them manually every single time. :bravo:

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
But... Exploding crates!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Hera ezra kanan sabine zeb will be pretty insane

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Jerkface posted:

Hera ezra kanan sabine zeb will be pretty insane

You'll get only Chopper and 3* Hera and like it you sunuvabitch

Love,
EA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

fishtobaskets posted:

You'll get only Chopper and 3* Hera and like it you sunuvabitch

Love,
EA

They said we're getting all six characters for free if we do the events, right?