Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Edit: amazon has some new copies for like 22 bucks
I'll grab those to avoid any issue

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Has there been any more word about the Wipeout collection beyond "it's a thing"? Besides Ace Combat, which is getting a pc port now, I don't really care about anything that's come out or is about to, though I'll probably get H:ZD on sale at some point.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

ufarn posted:

improvements like simplified notifications

This guy.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
The different notification segments thing was stupid, IMO. Much prefer the collapsed version.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

shut up blegum posted:

Quoting myself here, is there a way to uninstall a specific episode of Hitman? I think the Paris episode is broken, but I don't want to uninstall and re-download everything.

afraid not. that goes for all dlc as well.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

Ubisoft defeating koei tecmo is not news.

Koei tecmo selling over 1mm copies of something finally is though.

But Quantum of Phallus said it was universally loved. :D

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im buckled in to see how many weeks in a row you continue to self own to promote ubi games

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

But Quantum of Phallus said it was universally loved. :D

I meant that I hadn't seen bad reviews for it :shrug:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I find I actually play my PS4 games, where as my PC games I just collect them like some sort of digital magpie. If my PC game catalogue were physical, you'd find multiple dead cats hiding in it's towering tomes.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

Im buckled in to see how many weeks in a row you continue to self own to promote ubi games

ok guy who keeps bringing up Resogun.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't like the new notifications but it's not a huge deal or anything

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't like the new notifications but it's not a huge deal or anything

How many times did i need to scroll down an unnecessary side menu to click into the only notifications category I cared about, downloads. A lot of times. now it is just there to see without any of that. Good

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the top tab had messages and game invites so I used it a lot. you can check your game downloads without ever going into notifications

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Disc Jam is garbage.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
STEEP is free to play this weekend and discounted apparently. I'm gonna give it a try since I enjoyed 1080 snowboarding. And wingsuiting is cool i suppose

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Steep is the ultimate "I wish they made a new SSX" experience

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

the top tab had messages and game invites so I used it a lot. you can check your game downloads without ever going into notifications

How?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

go to the game tab itself, hit options, information

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

bloodychill posted:

Steep is the ultimate "I wish they made a new SSX" experience

I liked SSX on PS3 but I never got too into it because I didn't really want to be constantly doing tricks every single second. It was fun for a while though.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Before the firmware update today I was having an issue where every morning I would bring my PS4 out of sleep mode it would error after about a minute. Thought maybe my console was going bad but the firmware took that problem away so it must have been a software issue.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Wandle Cax posted:

I liked SSX on PS3 but I never got too into it because I didn't really want to be constantly doing tricks every single second. It was fun for a while though.

SSX Tricky on PS2 and GameCube was the best of the series but, similar to Tony Hawk, the games are huge on doing tricks and not as much on races. However, it has a really satisfying learning curve. You start out just racing and occasionally doing tricks but eventually you have a great handle on maneuvering and the map layouts. Then you realize that doing tricks gives you a speed edge (it's the series gimmick) so you start mixing in tricks and then eventually you're getting 10 million point scores on tracks while doing tricks that usually involve detaching from and dancing on your snowboard because why the gently caress not

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Disc Jam is garbage.

I have fun with it, but I think that the game suffered from having an isometric 3D plane. Maybe it's just me, I have some serious trouble discerning the depth perception.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Steep has no upgrade tree except cosmetic unlocks and new areas and I got bored of it real quick

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

The tutorials were very hard to follow and it took me multiple tries to do curve shots and pink trail shots. The games timing felt way off to me pushing the actual buttons and stick.

Couldn't find a match also. Game is dead in the water.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Got Nier in from Gamefly and I'm having fun with it... So now I have Nier, Zelda, Horizon and I'm definitely going to pick up the new Mass Effect. Great time for gaming, except trying to avoid spoilers for all of them is a pain in the rear end. This has got to be the best Jan-March of gaming ever, it looks like a gaming drought after ME though.

Edit: Also Lumo is the hidden PS+ game this month, looks like an old school NES game with updated graphics that I forget the name of. Don't know if it's good or not, but going to check it out.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 9, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

persona is in april and will be infinitely better than mass effect :colbert:

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

katkillad2 posted:

Got Nier in from Gamefly and I'm having fun with it... So now I have Nier, Zelda, Horizon and I'm definitely going to pick up the new Mass Effect. Great time for gaming, except trying to avoid spoilers for all of them is a pain in the rear end. This has got to be the best Jan-March of gaming ever, it looks like a gaming drought after ME though.

There's Persona 5 in April, unless you don't like it or Jrpgs, which is fine.

It will be better then FFXV anyway.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tearaway seems pretty decent so far. Better than LBP anyway.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

go to the game tab itself, hit options, information

Oh, I know how to do that, but, a) it's just as many button presses, and b) it doesn't let me see the status of multiple downloads. You know, when you buy the digital deluxe edition of something, it starts like 4 downloads.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

only one of those downloads actually matters

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

katkillad2 posted:

Edit: Also Lumo is the hidden PS+ game this month, looks like an old school NES game with updated graphics that I forget the name of. Don't know if it's good or not, but going to check it out.

Solstice, and it's predictably named sequel Equinox on SNES.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm sure Horizon Colon 0 Dawn was expected to do well, but I think it's overperforming even their expectations so yeah if it doesn't get a sequel then a lot of people are very stupid. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they do a big Witcher 3 style DLC just to keep the money coming in while they set the sequel up, and I hope they do because ironically the only AAA game to ever come out without a Season Pass or any DLC plans is the one where I would slam Buy on a Season Pass right this instant if they announced it even if they said absolutely nothing about what will be in it and it was priced at $30. Game is that fuckin good my dudes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is the music as good as Solstice/Equinox? If not forget it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Manatee Cannon posted:

persona is in april and will be infinitely better than mass effect :colbert:

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
What is the hype with persona 5?
I've never played any of the previous versions
I guess, what sets it apart from the other rpg's?
From spoiler free reviews I've seen seems like I'm a high school student or something?

I'm interested but have no idea what it is

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

only one of those downloads actually matters

I mean, either being able to see the status of my downloads is a convenient feature, or it's not.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiny Chalupa posted:

What is the hype with persona 5?
I've never played any of the previous versions
I guess, what sets it apart from the other rpg's?

I'm interested but have no idea what it is

Its a high school musical anime

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Persona 5 will also probably be a better dating sim than Mass Effect A

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Persona is a JRPG series about teenagers who use the special power of Personas to fight Shadows while simultaneously making time to socialize with their friends and classmates in dating sim-lite scenes. There are typically heavy themes of the occult and Jungian psychology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Arist posted:

Persona is a JRPG series about teenagers who use the special power of Personas to fight Shadows while simultaneously making time to socialize with their friends and classmates in dating sim-lite scenes. There are typically heavy themes of the occult and Jungian psychology.

that sounds pretty insufferable tbqh