Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Max Mosley did nothing wrong.

Mosley Nazi Orgy Trump Piss Orgy

All great men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

AgentJotun posted:

Oh yeh it would be so awesome railing some super hot $3000/hr hooker whilst Flav is peeking over as hes getting blown. Niki alongside, his scabby, wrinkly body thrusting furiously. Max turning up with the extermination camp outfits.

Bernie. Sex party. Never should these nouns meet

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/3/f1-mercedes-ferrari-favourites-2017-vettel.html

Sebastian Vettel insists Mercedes remain the team to beat in 2017 – even though Ferrari's impressive performances and pace have caught the attention in pre-season testing.

Oh I see, this is a 'no no, you're faster!' thing until we get to Melbourne. See I told you, Lewis was loving trolling me

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 10, 2017

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tony Montana posted:

Bernie. Sex party. Never should these nouns meet

Vettel looks like he's getting fat, if you know what i mean fellas

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Tony Montana posted:

https://drivetribe.com/p/dkstR99ERH..._source=organic

The new regulations for 2017 promised us more aggressive looking cars than the year before. To that affect, the FIA incorporated rules about the V shape of the front wing, the way the end plates of the rear wing should “flow”, and under what angle the side pods should be. Paragraph 3.8.8 says that that angle should be 75 degrees. These rules are meant to give the cars a fast, aggressive look when viewed from above.

This is where the new loophole comes in. With the birds eye view, it’s clear to see how Ferrari made its actual side pod under a 90 degree angle. The carbon work in front (but still incorporated) of the side pod is set under a 75 degree angle, thus following the rules. This enables Ferrari to make their side pod smaller than they appear on other cars. And it gives them more room between the barge boards and the actual air intake of the side pod. All this should be able to generate a better airflow towards them.

There will be a day. When that day comes I will be there. I will be there and I will yell loudly. Alot.

Also RBR's new sponsorship with Aston Martin is so.. it's kinda sad. Just the whoring they obviously still have to do.
Don't Aston Martin like... never turn a profit? Like, ever?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Don't Indians own Aston though? And they don't care about profits, they just like owning British things for revenge

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Falken posted:

Don't Aston Martin like... never turn a profit? Like, ever?

They're doing a model refresh with the DB11, just made the track only Vulcan and announced a track only ?Vantage?, a track ready (read, super uncomfortable, but very expensive) Rapide and the Valkyrie (which was why they did their sponsorship of Red Bull - I think Newey had a strong hand in designing it).

If they're haemorrhaging money, someone else is pushing more in.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Don't Indians own Aston though? And they don't care about profits, they just like owning British things for revenge

Upper class Indians love the UK and all British things. It's the most bizarre thing ever.

It's probably got to do with how the British treated them (like royalty).

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

you're thinking of Jaguar.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

TurboDrizzle posted:

Vettel looks like he's getting fat, if you know what i mean fellas

:wiggle::btroll:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

1500quidporsche posted:

you're thinking of Jaguar.

Yeah. Aston, weirdly, is Italian owned.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Dudley posted:

Yeah. Aston, weirdly, is Italian owned.
only a third I think. They only bought into the Dave Richards led consortium, not the company outright.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
https://hasmclarenbrokendown.com

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Alonso has the patience of a loving saint.

e: So Mercedes not long ago broke 1000 laps in testing... how many has McLaren managed? About eight?

Falken fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Mar 10, 2017

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Imagining Alonso to actually be human at this point is a little far fetched.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
6 mins after being brought back on the truck the Mclaren breaks down again...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

As long as they're finishing half of their practice laps under mercedes power, they might as well just make the switch.

Falken posted:

Alonso has the patience of a loving saint.

e: So Mercedes not long ago broke 1000 laps in testing... how many has McLaren managed? About eight?

autosport says 399, but it's definitely not a whole number.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Mar 10, 2017

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Ferrari giving us all some hope of a decent season. Bacon briefcase and all, but I think theres some legit pace in the car.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

AgentJotun posted:

Ferrari giving us all some hope of a decent season. Bacon briefcase and all, but I think theres some legit pace in the car.
1m18.634s

Thats 4 seconds quicker than what Hamilton did last year in qualifying last year. Christ.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Yeh I was talking about the 1:19 flats they managed...18.6 is uh, pretty good!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Can somebody please explain to me what 'bacon briefcase' means? Google's throwing up some weird poo poo.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Theophany posted:

Can somebody please explain to me what 'bacon briefcase' means? Google's throwing up some weird poo poo.

Predictions about outcomes based on testing are as sensible and useful as a bacon briefcase.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Haas just mclarened all up on the back straight.

Carth Dookie posted:

Predictions about outcomes based on testing are as sensible and useful as a bacon briefcase.

mmmmm, bacon briefcase

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Third time is the charm McLaren, no wait, they broke down again.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

At first, the mclaren breaking down all the time was funny. Now it's hilarious.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Carth Dookie posted:

Ahh. Chocolate teapot is what I'd normally go with. Thanks!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh ho ho ho Mclaren have just used the immortal words "intermittent electrical problem"

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Falken posted:

1m18.634s

Thats 4 seconds quicker than what Hamilton did last year in qualifying last year. Christ.

There's Ferrari's full house then.

Theophany posted:

It's also a thread thing from I think before my time, someone sent a text or email to the BBC feed with that phrase in there and it got read out.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

HJB posted:

It's also a thread thing from I think before my time, someone sent a text or email to the BBC feed with that phrase in there and it got read out.

Unsurprising. I still remember Mark Chapman reading out a listener question from I. MacHunt live on Radio 5 and immediately realising he'd been stitched up.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

learnincurve posted:

Oh ho ho ho Mclaren have just used the immortal words "intermittent electrical problem"

Intermittent = happens every year between March and November.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

HJB posted:

It was Tsaedje, I think. "Comparing testing times is as useful as a briefcase made of bacon." I think maybe Crofty read it?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

All I can think of is a very handy briefcase that you can eat after using ? ?? ?

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Intermittent = happens every year between March and November.

In mechanics parlance "intermittent" means "End user is complaining about it, but i have no earthly idea what is causing the problem and it looks fine to me". Nando is shitfucked.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

god bless the glorious scud for giving us the faintest glimmer of hope in the pre-season... only a few more weeks to go everyone. hold in there.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AgentJotun posted:

Oh yeh it would be so awesome railing some super hot $3000/hr hooker whilst Flav is peeking over as hes getting blown. Niki alongside, his scabby, wrinkly body thrusting furiously. Max turning up with the extermination camp outfits.

this but unironically

Also the RBR-Aston thing i found more disgraceful the Alfa Romeo logo on MY FERRARI.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 10, 2017

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Which Max? Careful, some are good (Mosley) and some not (the ugly one)

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Speaking of hot garbage, has there been any developments on a potential Alfa Romeo team being fielded in the wake of Manor's departure? Or is Marchionne content with having Haas as their bitchmade feeder team?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

enri posted:

god bless the glorious scud for giving us the faintest glimmer of hope in the pre-season... only a few more weeks to go everyone. hold in there.

RBR are going to be sandbagging so it's still a Frog WDC.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

I'm getting tired of hearing the caveat "But remember, pre-season testing times are notoriously unreliable!".

Mmmmm.

Are they?

Are they really?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wasn't it decided that the times are unreliable but the lap counts aren't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lap counts and reliability. If a engine keeps exploding or electrics keep shorting then they don't have time to fit and run any of the experimental bits on the car.

• Locked thread