Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

snaeksikn posted:

Tom Buggs tackling has been good

We'll be fine as long as none of the sixteen other coaches work out the radical strategy of putting players in your defensive 50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Spedman posted:

That first comment

My Dad and I met him when we did a job for him (not that kind of job) and he struck me as absolutely the kind of guy. Whether he was putting it on or not but he was totally playing up the Tony Soprano stuff pretty hard.

The bit that I find the most amazing in this...and I really shouldn't given #standbyhird, but the fact that to some people the most disgusting thing about all of this is that Essendon referred to Dean Wallis as "a disgruntled former employee". I saw a few comments which were all "this is a disgusting way to treat former champions of the club, he was a 2 time premiership player! Not just a former employee". Really seems if you do well on the field it trumps all else! If I ever get into trouble I'm going to remind people I was employee of the month in July 2007 for Optus.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Spedman posted:

Odd seeing an AFL jumper with no advertising on the back
Old-skool 80s. Like the Bears.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Solemn Sloth posted:

Whatever it takes

Also elliots dad and dean wallis are under police investigation for harassment and blackmail of Essendon and afl staff

the guy with a source inside the club reckons that stories like this and the leaked tape of the meeting are going to occur sporadically for the next little while as the various participants try to settle scores or make themselves look better

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHwKSVc5mrE

:swoon: :gizz:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I obviously like hogan and Petracca and Viney a lot but Hunt and Oliver are the two players at the dees that excite me the most

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

3AW posted:

Hawthorn champion Luke Hodge won't play Round 1 after he was handed a one-game ban by the club for missing training.

Hodge failed to "adequately inform" the Hawks of his absence.

"Luke understands that he did not meet the standards of Hawthorn on this occasion," the club said in a statement.

"Unfortunately, there was a breakdown of communication on Luke's behalf that led to a misunderstanding of his training expectations.

"The sanction is reflective of the standards and values of our club of which Luke has played a large role in creating and driving."

Hodge said he was extremely disappointed in his actions and accepted the sanction handed down by the leadership group.

"I have prided myself on holding the playing group to very high standards and I am disappointed that I let them slip on this occasion," Hodge said.

"Our club has established incredibly strong values and I fully support Rough and the leadership group in their decision and ensuring these values are upheld."

I thought he was a good bloke but.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

pkid posted:

I thought he was a good bloke but.

Urgh, loving beaten like a Hodge step child.

Sounds like "oh miscommunication hurr" is a load of bollocks. You dont give club champions a one game suspension for missing a training session due to a miscommunication. WHAT HAVE YOU REALLY BEEN DOING HODGEY?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
loving hell hodge if we lose against the bombers without you :argh:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Get your tips in, AFLW round 6 kicks off in 3 and a bit hours (6:05pm aedt)

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

drunkill posted:

Get your tips in, AFLW round 6 kicks off in 3 and a bit hours (6:05pm aedt)

Blues and Freo on now
http://www.afl.com.au/womens/matches/match-centre?matchid=100640601&competitionid=10064

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Pretty sure Hodge missed training because he was busy campaigning for One Nation in WA.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
At the pub. No footy.

It is supposed to be on foxsports 3 but they're showing cricket highlights.

Where is my footy. Sadly people are watching bumsniffing on the big screen but even on the smaller tvs where aflw is supposed to be on it is just cricket.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
marry me bri davey

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Freo have so many free kicks. I wish they'd enforce throwing.

E: Freo more like Freekicko.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Mar 10, 2017

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
not upset to see carlton get beaten here

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

not upset to see carlton get beaten here

:fut:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Missed the first quarter because the pub didn't have the game on tight away.

What happened to bella ayre, moody and sherilaw? They only had like 4 touches each.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Preseason and all but I'll never complain about the Suns blowing up the defending premiers. This whole first half has been a massacre. Dogs look sloppy.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Volkerball posted:

Preseason and all but I'll never complain about the Suns blowing up the defending premiers. This whole first half has been a massacre. Dogs look sloppy.

:ohdear:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

If Adelaide wins at TIO tomorrow evening, then that's the top 2 wrapped up with a round to go, with only the hosting duties still to play for; if Melbourne win, it's a final round percentage race to face Brisbane at the Gabba

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

oh for fucks sake the pub that the WA demons supporters group always watches the games at (which is conveniently located a suburb over from me) hosted a One Nation pre-election party last night

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

If Adelaide wins at TIO tomorrow evening, then that's the top 2 wrapped up with a round to go, with only the hosting duties still to play for; if Melbourne win, it's a final round percentage race to face Brisbane at the Gabba

I reckon we would need a five goal win tomorrow night to make the percentage competitive going into the final round and I can't see that happening

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snaeksikn posted:

oh for fucks sake the pub that the WA demons supporters group always watches the games at (which is conveniently located a suburb over from me) hosted a One Nation pre-election party last night

Problematic to say the least

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

snaeksikn posted:

What pub? Please don't say the Rosemount.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

NPR Journalizard posted:

What pub? Please don't say the Rosemount.

The Rosey doesn't show the footy, it was at the Paddo. Funnily enough one of the reporters on the ground described the locale as hipster-ish, which could be applied to Mt Hawthorn if you squint I guess but the Paddo is still v much bogan central clientele-wise

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How do you use like 50 more interchanges than your opponent and still get shitwrecked in the 4th quarter over fitness. Spend all that money on a new training facility and nobody even uses the loving thing. Ugh. That does not bode well.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Emptyquote

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

snaeksikn posted:

The Rosey doesn't show the footy, it was at the Paddo. Funnily enough one of the reporters on the ground described the locale as hipster-ish, which could be applied to Mt Hawthorn if you squint I guess but the Paddo is still v much bogan central clientele-wise

Fuckken paddo.

Used to do work at the velvet lounge though, that was alright.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Volkerball posted:

How do you use like 50 more interchanges than your opponent and still get shitwrecked in the 4th quarter over fitness. Spend all that money on a new training facility and nobody even uses the loving thing. Ugh. That does not bode well.

Bulldogs played with no intensity for the first half, capped our rotations and didn't use two players on our bench. We've done that the last couple of preseasons so that we're adjusted for the coming season.

edit: The first half wasn't exactly a success because we need to minimise the damage when our intensity is down but every game we actually turned up to play the final quarter we either just fell short or won.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 10, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Adelaide losing the midfield battle to Brisbane​ is a tremendously good sign

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
The lions have quite a competent midfield, its all the other places that make em poo poo

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

adelaide's women have a lot more big bodies than the dees but the dees are right in this, entertaining game

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

our full forward just channelled chris dawes

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

dees have played most of the game with mel hickey on erin phillips with daisy pearce occasionally rotating onto her in the midfield, its been a good battle

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

:sigh:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

fffaaaarrrkkkkk

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

that was like the carlton game all over again

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

So that means Adelaide goes through assuming that both Adelaide and the Dees win, and that the Dees don't win by like a hundred?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

theres still one more game to go. brisbane are locked in, my understanding is if they win next week or if adelaide lose next week then brisbane get a home GF

dees and adelaide both win next week - adelaide should still go through with their superior percentage
dees win and adelaide lose - dees make the GF
dees lose and adelaide win - adelaide make the GF

both teams lose (and carlton win?) - adelaide probably still goes through anyway with their percentage

e: next week will be a difficult game though, coming off a hot, humid and bruising game to then have to go against a resurgent fremantle

snaeksikn fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Mar 11, 2017

• Locked thread