Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

Hmm the 2012 draft, I don't remember who the Raiders draf-

Round 1: No. 17: Oakland → Cincinnati (PD). Oakland traded this selection and their 2013 second-round selection (37th) to Cincinnati for quarterback Carson Palmer. The 2013 selection would have become Oakland's first-rounder if Oakland had made it to the 2012–13 AFC Championship game.

Round 2: No. 48: Oakland → New England (PD). Oakland traded this selection and a 2011 seventh-round selection (No. 219, New England selected Malcolm Williams) to New England for New England's third- and fourth-round selections in 2011 (Nos. 92 and 125, Oakland selected Joseph Barksdale and Taiwan Jones, respectively).

Round 3: Oakland forfeited its third-round selection after selecting quarterback Terrelle Pryor in the 2011 Supplemental Draft.

Round 4: No. 109: Oakland → Washington (PD). Oakland traded this selection to Washington for quarterback Jason Campbell

:stonk:

Hey now, you got Tony Bergstrom as a comp pick in the third (how did the 2012 Raiders get a 3rd round comp pick?).

Wait, and a 4th and 5th round comp pick? Who did you all let go in 2011?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grittybeard posted:

Hey now, you got Tony Bergstrom as a comp pick in the third (how did the 2012 Raiders get a 3rd round comp pick?).

Wait, and a 4th and 5th round comp pick? Who did you all let go in 2011?
Nnamdi and I forget who else. Maybe that poo poo WR that the Jaguars signed who bombed out of the league?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/840284099394822145

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

football is so stupid

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Aahahahahhahahahahahaha

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I like to imagine this really pisses Mel Kiper off.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
good lord

Grittybeard posted:

I like to imagine this really pisses Mel Kiper off.
Nah, I'm pretty sure Kiper would prefer to have a job which is basically his hobby over one that is much more stressful.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I think if Washington was desperate enough to sign free agents they were willing to try us out, we'd say no at this point

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

We're about two seasons away from WalterFootball, General Manager of the Cleveland Browns.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Snyder is a loving moron. Force him to sell the Redskins.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

This seems to me like Mayock wants visit DC on someone else's dime for weekend.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Cash Monet posted:

This seems to me like Mayock wants visit DC on someone else's dime for weekend.

lol

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/840285069512183810

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Chris James 2 posted:

I think if Washington was desperate enough to sign free agents they were willing to try us out, we'd say no at this point

gently caress yeah I'd take that gig. I'd sabotage the poo poo out of it and make them Zorn the gently caress out of me

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Aaron Hernandez lol

https://twitter.com/taglobe/status/840289706537570305

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Ahahahahahaha

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It's a pretty cool move to run out of gas right as you pull into your driveway at least

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So as I'm listening to Dallas radio talk about Romo, I'm just a little irritated by a stance some are taking: People are comparing Romo to Tom Brady, in that Brady continuously took less money to make sure the Patriots could afford other pieces. Romo, on the other hand, always took top dollar contracts.

Am I wrong in thinking this is a bullshit stance to take? Romo has been hated by his own fanbase after a season as a starter, and had to play around the myriad of bad draft choices and poo poo offensive linemen for over five years. Criticizing him for making as much as he can while he's still able seems like a ton of bullshit. Tom Brady has had the benefit of being around THE coach of the NFL, with a wife who ensures he stays a millionaire regardless of whether he plays football or not. Also, winning as many Super Bowls as he already has means Brady can retire whenever the gently caress he wants and coast off of his name and fame for the rest of his life.

Seems like some bullshit to bring this up now, just because he's on his way out.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blitz7x posted:

Hmm the 2012 draft, I don't remember who the Raiders draf-

Round 1: No. 17: Oakland → Cincinnati (PD). Oakland traded this selection and their 2013 second-round selection (37th) to Cincinnati for quarterback Carson Palmer. The 2013 selection would have become Oakland's first-rounder if Oakland had made it to the 2012–13 AFC Championship game.

Round 2: No. 48: Oakland → New England (PD). Oakland traded this selection and a 2011 seventh-round selection (No. 219, New England selected Malcolm Williams) to New England for New England's third- and fourth-round selections in 2011 (Nos. 92 and 125, Oakland selected Joseph Barksdale and Taiwan Jones, respectively).

Round 3: Oakland forfeited its third-round selection after selecting quarterback Terrelle Pryor in the 2011 Supplemental Draft.

Round 4: No. 109: Oakland → Washington (PD). Oakland traded this selection to Washington for quarterback Jason Campbell

:stonk:

Holy poo poo.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bears GM Ryan Pace: “Mike Glennon is our starting quarterback and we’re fired up about that.”

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Shinjobi posted:

So as I'm listening to Dallas radio talk about Romo, I'm just a little irritated by a stance some are taking: People are comparing Romo to Tom Brady, in that Brady continuously took less money to make sure the Patriots could afford other pieces. Romo, on the other hand, always took top dollar contracts.

Am I wrong in thinking this is a bullshit stance to take? Romo has been hated by his own fanbase after a season as a starter, and had to play around the myriad of bad draft choices and poo poo offensive linemen for over five years. Criticizing him for making as much as he can while he's still able seems like a ton of bullshit. Tom Brady has had the benefit of being around THE coach of the NFL, with a wife who ensures he stays a millionaire regardless of whether he plays football or not. Also, winning as many Super Bowls as he already has means Brady can retire whenever the gently caress he wants and coast off of his name and fame for the rest of his life.

Seems like some bullshit to bring this up now, just because he's on his way out.

It's bullshit in general because almost every player is going to go for the maximum earnings, Tom Brady's situation shouldn't be held up as the norm

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

It's bullshit in general because almost every player is going to go for the maximum earnings, Tom Brady's situation shouldn't be held up as the norm
Yes but Tony Romo is lucky to be playing for the Dallas Cowboys and should be thankful to there, and thus should take a discount!!!!1

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Intruder posted:

Not every org contracts out to the semi shady corporation their qb owns to circumvent the cap too

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Intruder posted:

Even if it weren't, Romo's contract has always been structured in ways that were friendly to (and determined by) the team. He's restructured every time they've asked to help make room for other players. Anyone making GBS threads on Romo about his contract is a loving idiot. But you knew that.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TheChirurgeon posted:

Even if it weren't, Romo's contract has always been structured in ways that were friendly to (and determined by) the team. He's restructured every time they've asked to help make room for other players. Anyone making GBS threads on Romo about his contract is a loving idiot. But you knew that.
I am shocked, SHOCKED, that any Cowboys fans would be loving idiots about Tony Romo.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
First impressions are powerful.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

LiquidFriend posted:

Sup turning 31 next week buddy.

I hit it Tuesday :(

I am 31 on Tuesday too.I feel like I wasted a whole decade of my life right here.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I am telling you I'd be okay with the Chiefs not making the Superbowl in the next three years of the winner is Tony Romo-led Texans. Cowboy fans would lose their minds.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm somewhat getting the feeling Jerry isn't going to let Romo go to Houston. He needs to be the big dog in the state, and if that means eating all of Romo's cap hit this year to trade him to Denver for a conditional 7th then so be it

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Justin Houston is going to destroy Romo's back in week 1 if he goes to the Broncos.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

kiimo posted:

Justin Houston is going to destroy Romo's back in week 1 if he goes to the Broncos.

:ohdear:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Chris James 2 posted:

Bears GM Ryan Pace: “Mike Glennon is our starting quarterback and we’re fired up about that.”

And so is the rest of the NFC North.
:getin:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I mean yeah laugh now but the other name on their list is Daltos

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Shinjobi posted:

He's also in the same city as Dirk, and all the contract stuff he was willing to do at one time or another, but yeah, it's fairly ridiculous.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the redskins are so loving stupid always, ugh.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

kiimo posted:

you shut your dirty whore mouth

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Brandin Cooks is a Patriot. Hell yes.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/840232461921583105

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He's not going to poo poo all over the guy even if he thinks he sucks

I don't think he said a bad word about Hoyer either despite the "Get this motherfucker out of the game" moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

kiimo posted:

I am telling you I'd be okay with the Chiefs not making the Superbowl in the next three years of the winner is Tony Romo-led Texans. Cowboy fans would lose their minds.

As long as it's the Texans defeating the Cowboys on the power of a Tony Romo held field goal

• Locked thread