Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wasn't there Samurai Armor in the game? Is that still in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

dragon enthusiast posted:

Stuck trying to rescue the Goron trapped in the vault; I think you need to use a cannon to blast open the cave-in but none of the ones near him seem aimed at it

Also is there a better fireproof recipe that doesn't cause me to get owned by the abandoned mine area

This took me way longer than it should have to figure out. You can trigger the canons in the middle of moving them between positions.

Oh I guess I should also clarify you can move the cannons by hitting the switch with a weapon.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
My buddy started playing bloodborne a couple months ago and he had it in his head you had to hit the levers with a weapon. I have no idea why, but I did think of him when I got to using the cannons. Lol

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
That final clothing upgrade animation

:stonk:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Finally got all the towers. That Gerudo one was a loving bitch.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I took a Cucco all the way to the Silver Lynel in the Coliseum and got it to attack him, they hardly did any damage to him before they stopped attacking. :smith:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

Finally got all the towers. That Gerudo one was a loving bitch.

That one was easy; climb the mountain and just glide down to it! :v:

Unrelated: thank you so much whoever recommended the Vinesauce stream, I've been sick and haven't had much energy to play but watching this playthrough has been almost as fun :3: He's having so much fun just exploring. I'm not gonna run out of streams for a while I think!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

This took me way longer than it should have to figure out. You can trigger the canons in the middle of moving them between positions.

Oh I guess I should also clarify you can move the cannons by hitting the switch with a weapon.

...what switch

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dragon enthusiast posted:

Also is there a better fireproof recipe that doesn't cause me to get owned by the abandoned mine area

Yup, it's real simple too; You mix Rupees with the armor shop in Goron City to get Fire Armor :v:.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Right next to the cannons, there's a metal lever.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

s.i.r.e. posted:

I took a Cucco all the way to the Silver Lynel in the Coliseum and got it to attack him, they hardly did any damage to him before they stopped attacking. :smith:

The coliseum was such a waste of time. Looked cool, but no reward.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Each cannon has a lever attached to it. Whack the lever to move the cannon

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I just had a bloodmoon at 8am :prepop:

e: holy poo poo I AM NOW BEAR CAVALRY

Ignimbrite fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Mar 11, 2017

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Ignimbrite posted:

I just had a bloodmoon at 8am :prepop:

Stupid moon! Don't you know it's day??

Idiot!!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Open Marriage Night posted:

The coliseum was such a waste of time. Looked cool, but no reward.

I seem to recall the devs saying the reward was something regarding guaranteed elemental weapons off the mobs, but I haven't seen any of those yet.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Blood Moons, I feel bad for everyone in this thread who had to wait for ages to do the shrine. I found the spot on accident, then I teleported to the man at the stables to ask him what moon there was going to be. Turns out there was a Blood Moon that same night so I just went back and took off my clothes and it activated. Wasn't even night yet :iiam:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Your Computer posted:

Speaking of Blood Moons, I feel bad for everyone in this thread who had to wait for ages to do the shrine. I found the spot on accident, then I teleported to the man at the stables to ask him what moon there was going to be. Turns out there was a Blood Moon that same night so I just went back and took off my clothes and it activated. Wasn't even night yet :iiam:

Where is this Blood Moon Shrine anyway?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think it's in Hyrule Ridge. It's on top of the biggest mushroom-shaped platform in that area (not the main big mushroom area next to the tower, but the smaller one south of that).

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It feels real good to finally be strong enough to beat those centaur guys and the Major Combat Trial things. I need to track down one of the cyclops dudes and beat those up too

The progression of gaining defensive and offensive power in this game is pretty well done. Very smooth curve

Nekrews
Sep 14, 2007
Ive been playing nonstop all week and still havent accomplished anything! Like I got up to Zora's Domain and then thought, I should probably go check out Hateno Village, and then I doodled around looking for shrines instead, and then spent about an hour looking for the only memory picture I could recognize, couldn't find it, and then went exploring some more.

Honestly the flexibility in this game is incredible, and its so loving cool that probably noone in this thread has had the same experience as anyone else? Hell, even half of the shrines I've done I feel like I've done unintended solutions instead of the actual way and its fantastic that you really get rewarded for creative thinking.

What an absolutely bonkers game :dance:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
There's a golfing shrine where you have to stasis a sphere and whack it with your weapons. For the bonus one I found the easiest way was to pick up and reposition the ball back off it's spawn platform then hit it until the arrow turned red

Of course I got kinda lucky when it went in and almost came out but rebounded off a sign above the hole. :angel:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I tried cooking before during and after a blood moon and nothing much happened?

Also I tried to stir fry a fairy but it just flew away.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

There's a golfing shrine where you have to stasis a sphere and whack it with your weapons. For the bonus one I found the easiest way was to pick up and reposition the ball back off it's spawn platform then hit it until the arrow turned red

Of course I got kinda lucky when it went in and almost came out but rebounded off a sign above the hole. :angel:

I got that one with 1 spear hit and 5 two-hander whacks.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I have gotten like 5 or more Blood Moon triggers in a single night what the hell is going on?! :psyduck:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

40 hours in, finished Eventide Island.

I'm going to confirm what I said earlier in the week, this is the greatest game of all time.

I don't even know how they could possibly top this.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Found a perfect spot for camping Dinraal; go to the clifftop just to the right of the words "Tanagar Canyon" on your map (South of Hebra Tower), and camp until Morning. He'll appear like clockwork to the north and fly right past through the canyon.
That's where I first ran into him - I was mooching along the canyon when sudden burst of tonkly music and loving HUGE RED THING FLYING AT ME OH GOD I TRIGGERED SOMETHING AND GANON'S COME TO EAT MY SOUL.

Then I figured no boss music so just stay still and watch, and it was awesomely cool.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Bum. Oh well, I'm glad someone tried.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Akkala is very pretty.

Death Mountain is the only province I haven't visited in any way and it's gonna stay that way until I've drained every other area of shrines and quests.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Kirios posted:

40 hours in, finished Eventide Island.

I'm going to confirm what I said earlier in the week, this is the greatest game of all time.

I don't even know how they could possibly top this.

Does the game display total time played somewhere or is that just an estimate?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Has Nintendo given any more information on what Hard Mode will entail?

I just beat the game 80/120, and I'm considering just waiting until I buy a Switch next month to replay and 100% it. (Compendium, upgrades, etc.)

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Escobarbarian posted:

I think it's in Hyrule Ridge. It's on top of the biggest mushroom-shaped platform in that area (not the main big mushroom area next to the tower, but the smaller one south of that).

Kass is hanging around there too, so you can follow the accordion music. (And read his diary!)

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Mar 11, 2017

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
should i get this game or 12 boxes of thin mints

e: i found out today thin mints are vegan, perhaps affecting the decision?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This game is so amazing I still almost don't believe it's real. :swoon:

30 years of the series and they somehow not only made the best Zelda game, but probably one of the best games of all time?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

nintendos first open world game basically sets a new bar for them hahaha

hey with the Three Cedars shrine quest you get in Hatone: is the shrine its talkin about the one on the island off the nearby coast? im assumin not cuz ive done that but the shrine quest log is still there, but i am stuck for how to proceed on it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

alf_pogs posted:

hey with the Three Cedars shrine quest you get in Hatone: is the shrine its talkin about the one on the island off the nearby coast? im assumin not cuz ive done that but the shrine quest log is still there, but i am stuck for how to proceed on it.

See the three lone trees up on the mountain tops? Think about how you "make them one" and head in the direction the rest of the hint gives from there.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

alf_pogs posted:

If you finish a shrine before getting the quest, usually the questgiver will make a comment about you having already solved it and you'll get the quest and quest complete pops immediately.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

ymgve posted:

That final clothing upgrade animation

:stonk:

I still can't get over how Nintendo of all people made a game this goddamn horny.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

So there's a pinwheel at the forest border around Lake Batrea that I can't activate. Anyone know how?

Also, inside the lake are three metal boxes and a giant hollow tree stump... In sure it's a puzzle, but I can't figure it out. Help. :(

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Runcible Cat posted:

Kass is hanging around there too, so you can follow the accordion music. (And read his diary!)

Just to mildly correct myself now I'm at the console, it's at Washa's Bluff, just south of the ridge.

Ok gonna try and find this loving rabbit

e: well immediately found them both near Kakariko but they spotted me too drat quickly lol

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Mar 11, 2017

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I seem to recall the devs saying the reward was something regarding guaranteed elemental weapons off the mobs, but I haven't seen any of those yet.

The first time I went and killed the Silver Lynel, every enemy on the way up had basically every Thunder weapon in the game (except the magic rods).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

This late into the game I'm always a little disappointed when I find a new shrine and it's a blessing or a test of strength.