Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yep just chilling here in Dublin, Scotland. We don't have the internet here so I've never heard of rap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
takeover has one of the worst beats of all time that song is unlistenable

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yep just chilling here in Dublin, Scotland. We don't have the internet here so I've never heard of rap.

Lol i thought it she was young ma LOL. What is a google?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

takeover has one of the worst beats of all time that song is unlistenable

Get the gently caress outta here w that. Takeover gets me hype every time I hear it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Joe Gillian posted:

Lol i thought it she was young ma LOL. What is a google?

I've never heard of Remy Ma before this thing.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I've never heard of Remy Ma before this thing.

Evidently! You made the same exact post like a week ago when shether dropped.

Like, you are using the fact that you have access to a breadth of knowledge to defend your ignorance. What in the literal gently caress are you doing man.

EDIT: My train of thought is that if you do know a thing about rap, then you know who Papoose is, and you would know who Remy Ma is because marrying her is the most notable thing he's ever done.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 11, 2017

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ok :shrug:
I don't exactly keep up with garbage rappers like Papoose and who they marry

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

So this is the moment where we all can admit your opinion on rap means poo poo all?

I don't care that much about Papoose either, but you should just stop responding to these.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

You mean you aren't all about the guy who gave us ALPHABETICAL SLAUGHTER!?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SApmSrHDhQo

And then proceeded to do it multiple more times.... and never released any songs.

It's so funny that Papoose was supposed to be New York's next hope, and yet he'll best be known as the guy who got married to Remy Ma in prison.

Joe Gillian posted:

So this is the moment where we all can admit your opinion on rap means poo poo all?

I don't care that much about Papoose either, but you should just stop responding to these.

This is the weirdest loving thing to dig into someone about. Like, link dood some Remy Ma songs and tell him to get ALL THE WAY UP or whatever. Everyone has different tastes in rap, it's part of why post-2010 has been so great.

You're coming off as the guy who would have an aneurysm because Lil Yachty doesn't care about Pac or Biggie.

Boywhiz88 fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 11, 2017

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Joe Gillian posted:

Oh my god gently caress off

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL

Oh my god gently caress off

Yo I'm from US and have agreed with all ur posts re this.

Lol trying to shame someone for not giving a poo poo about papoose in 2017

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Not knowing Papoose though?

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Boywhiz88 posted:

This is the weirdest loving thing to dig into someone about. Like, link dood some Remy Ma songs and tell him to get ALL THE WAY UP or whatever. Everyone has different tastes in rap, it's part of why post-2010 has been so great.

You're coming off as the guy who would have an aneurysm because Lil Yachty doesn't care about Pac or Biggie.

GoldfishStew posted:

Lol trying to shame someone for not giving a poo poo about papoose in 2017

Fair enough, when you put it this way.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 11, 2017

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm not trying to spread any bad vibes in here.
All love.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Not knowing Papoose though?

I know who he is! Just not that he married Remy Ma

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I know who he is! Just not that he married Remy Ma

Don't worry, sometimes Remy doesn't either

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I'm not trying to spread any bad vibes in here.
All love.

Same.

That Jetlife All-Stars tape has some pretty good poo poo on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2gY7nOofcM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Uffu0jxqRc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_FJNotI0wM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edvzeqclX84

Annnd if you can stand listening to Westside Gunn, the Royce feature is worth it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oni-uhKOMX8

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 11, 2017

3peat
May 6, 2010

best track of the year so far

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
How do u embed video.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Yuzenn posted:

This might be your first rap beef, but none of that matters. People who listen to Nicki don't give a gently caress if she raps or not anyway because she's a pop artist.

If it really didn't matter as much as you think it doesn't then why did Nicki respond at all? If Remi is just barking at the moon then nothing has to be said and you don't have to address it.

The reality is people do give a gently caress, because it's something engrained in the culture about being "the best" at things. Nicki got challenged about her crown, and she drat sure ain't defending it. Numbers don't matter, the content does.

ok well i feel like you argued my point in your own post but i guess people like you can wave around their remy flag about bars and real hip hop while jenny down the street buys 50 million copies of starships and superbass

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GoldfishStew posted:

How do u embed video.

Just paste the YouTube link and it does it automatically

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

40 lbs to freedom posted:

ok well i feel like you argued my point in your own post but i guess people like you can wave around their remy flag about bars and real hip hop while jenny down the street buys 50 million copies of starships and superbass

What does people spending money have to do with making music? Nicki invalidated what y'all are saying by everything she's doing anyway.

And this new school thing of berating artists who dare to try and actually rap on a track instead of giving the bare minimum is weird.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

40 lbs to freedom posted:

So you're telling me that Nelly a better rapper than Lil Wayne, if sales are the only objective criteria here?

If Wayne put out a diss track at Nelly, you wouldn't give any credence to the content of what he was saying because Nelly made Hot in Hurr?

Come on now.......

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

In the grand scheme of record sales and being a superstar or whatever, will the beef matter? Probably not. But it's entertaining, and as far as who is winning this the feud or whatever I don't know how anyone can argue it isn't Remy. People on all the radio shows are laughing at Nicki, people on the internet are laughing about it, everyone who listens to hip-hop I know has heard shEther and thinks its vicious. Will this overall have an effect on either of their record sales? Probably not but who cares about that stuff? shEther was a sick personal diss and Nickis response was not great. Maybe if Nicki had just never responded you could say she didn't care because she's too big and Remy is a nobody, but she did respond because she clearly cares about the track and the beef and her response was weak and talking about record sales or whatever on social media when you get ethered is weak.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZVduc4rLtw

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

More Life march 18th

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
freshest thing i ever bought was that bentley truck...

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

More Life march 18th

YEEEEEEEEES

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Next weekend is going to be crazy!! Spring time pussy poppin! Jay Z gonna bust another nut in Bey.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

poopoose

edit: Who The Plug brought a soulection tour to our city last weekend with sosupersam, lakim and jarreau vandal. Was one of the best events I've been too, I would 100% recommend catching any of those artists if they come through your city.

gucci bane fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 12, 2017

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Re: Freddie Gibbs chat the other day. I've been listening to all his albums that are on iTunes the past week or so. So glad someone brought up Shadow of a Doubt because I completely forgot about that and I love it. I still can't really get into Piñata. The production is cool but I don't think it fits with How I like to hear Gibbs. Also a lot of it doesn't sound properly mastered but That's on my car. The second part of Real is great.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nah I'm the same. Piñata is ok but it's too long.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
Piñata's good, but it def sounds like a sum of the parts with nothing extra really.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
pinata has some great songs including possibly my favorite gibbs song ever (thuggin) but the energy falls off a cliff halfway in and yeah i know i keep saying it but they could easily cut a third to one half of it

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

The worst thing about Piñata is how short Uno is.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Shitsville is the best Gibbs song

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Where do I start with westside gunn?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

anything that is feat. royce, and skip to his part.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Royces part? Lol. I've heard like 4 westside gunn tracks and thought they were pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Their new mixtape is really just a compilation of their past 4 releases, so you can actually start with that and work backwards. Griselda Ghost is a pretty solid release, and the first thing I heard from him. His IRL brother Conway is pretty lethal too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLy5N42oDNw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40LOfKcwFFw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBelcU09R2A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUTD9ok997k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1o2rnJA0Rg

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 13, 2017