Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Ok, so I posted in this thread a bunch and got no answers, so in case anyone needs any help in the future or just wants to know, here's what I found out about upgrading the ps4 fat old hard drive. Apart from looking up all the details on some thread.

Redreader's original-PS4 Drive Upgrade Guide and Experience

I had 500GB and bought one of these 2TB Seagate FireCuda Gaming SSHD's to upgrade my ps4: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1NHCZT/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this guide is pretty comprehensive but I didn't read it thoroughly because I Clever, so lol apparently I don't have all the saves or something. If that's a problem I'll re-back up from the old drive which is still intact.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps4-hdd-upgrade-how-to-upgrade-your-ps4-storage

1: you need to back up the ps4, but also have a 'ps4 update' file to install before you do anything else (to set up the new hard drive and put the OS on). Both of these need to be from a usb drive.
2: the drive I backed up to - restored from, successfully, the ps4 backup, was a usb external large exfat drive. it did not get detected and so I couldn't use it for getting the ps4 update file on.
3: I tried 4 usb thumb drives, 2 formatted exfat only (via windows 10 quick format) which didn't work for the ps4 restore. I then tried a third drive, exfat non-quick format. it didn't work.
4: I tried the external usb drive that I'd backed up the entire ps4 on, to restore the 'update' file from. no dice.
5: I tried a 4th usb thumb drive, slow-format fat32, for the ps4 restore, which worked. It's a loving crapshoot. It was my shittiest USB drive. My PC detected it as an SD card reader, so, yeah, jesus christ.
6: the external usb drive was now recognised again for the 'restore entire ps4 backup' which worked fine

bonus fact: I had 420gb used on my ps4. The backup size was 270gb. Who loving knows :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So I just finished Nier: Automata. And I all I can possibly say about it is that it was loving amazing, and there's no way in hell it isn't gonna be GOTY for me this year.

And yet there's no way I can say why I think that to someone without absolutely ruining it. I mean yeah it's solid gameplay wise, fun, has a lot of content, characters I like and wanted to see more of, an engaging plot, and all that, but the capstone just locks everything together so well.

I guess if anything I'd say to someone who's playing it "keep going and don't stop".

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

So I just finished Nier: Automata. And I all I can possibly say about it is that it was loving amazing, and there's no way in hell it isn't gonna be GOTY for me this year.

And yet there's no way I can say why I think that to someone without absolutely ruining it. I mean yeah it's solid gameplay wise, fun, has a lot of content, characters I like and wanted to see more of, an engaging plot, and all that, but the capstone just locks everything together so well.

I guess if anything I'd say to someone who's playing it "keep going and don't stop".

How many times did you go through? When did you know you hit the real end?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Are there many colors in the game? I enjoyed the combat in the demo but it wasn't really colorful enough for my liking.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

e: double post

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

How many times did you go through? When did you know you hit the real end?

The real end is really really obvious when it happens. So long as you're diligent and explore the options you're offered you'll find if no problem.

Wandle Cax posted:

Are there many colors in the game? I enjoyed the combat in the demo but it wasn't really colorful enough for my liking.

I mean, it's not a neon pastel wonderland, but there's a pretty decent color variety. Each area sort of has its own color scheme, and it'll often shift depending on what's going on to reflect the plot.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
Is there a PS3 thread?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So I beat Resident Evil 7. I'm not usually one for survival horror games (I totally bounced off Alien: Isolation) but I really enjoyed it! I appreciate that it was tightly paced and lasted just about as long as I wanted it to. I only played it at night with headphones and even though it wasn't packed with too many cheesy jump scares, it did get me a few times. Also the Old House area was totally gross and freaked me out considerably

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Holy poo poo did they finally fix the notifications part of the interface so notifications will ever go away on their own? It was comically stupid before where like, a message that a game update installed would stay there for like a month straight of playing that game unless I cleared new notifications manually.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Holy poo poo did they finally fix the notifications part of the interface so notifications will ever go away on their own? It was comically stupid before where like, a message that a game update installed would stay there for like a month straight of playing that game unless I cleared new notifications manually.

I dig the new notifications feed. way simpler and easier to clear unread ones

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah really the eye color changing isn't groundbreaking, but it is a good, non HUD way to basically do what every stealth/stealth lite game does. A very bizarre thing to complain about.

I haven't played Horizon yet, but I assume the robots had to work alongside humans at some point before whatever flavour of apocalypse happened, right? The eye thing makes sense in that context, seeing your guard robot suddenly go from passive to :siren:ALERT:siren: at a glance in the same way Dead Space's general HUD system does.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I haven't played Horizon yet, but I assume the robots had to work alongside humans at some point before whatever flavour of apocalypse happened, right? The eye thing makes sense in that context, seeing your guard robot suddenly go from passive to :siren:ALERT:siren: at a glance in the same way Dead Space's general HUD system does.

Play the game and find out :)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bloodychill posted:

Play the game and find out :)

Breath of the Wild has its claws firmly in me :shepface:. It's next on my list though.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Breath of the Wild has its claws firmly in me :shepface:. It's next on my list though.

I went the other way so now BotW has its grips in me after Horizon are up all my attention for nearly a week. Good time for good games.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Also the game totally uses HUD indicators for machine alert states anyway. The poster who wanted "realistic" mood tells for the machines misunderstood the gameplay anyway because the actual hunting and combat would not benefit from that at all

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

bloodychill posted:

I went the other way so now BotW has its grips in me after Horizon are up all my attention for nearly a week. Good time for good games.

Does Horizon have anywhere near BotW's non-linear open-endedness or is it more standard open world mission structure?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Maybe don't compare them?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I brought a PS4 Pro today primarily for Horizon. That's a beautiful looking game.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Wandle Cax posted:

Does Horizon have anywhere near BotW's non-linear open-endedness or is it more standard open world mission structure?

Horizon is more curated and focused where most gear and skills dae mbat oriented. BotW is more "go any direction " exploration so the gear is often meant to make exploring better you and better.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish we lived in an alternate universe where I could play BOTW on PS4 because Nintendo gave up on making their garbage rear end consoles.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Maybe don't compare them?

No I think I will, sorry if it bothers you.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Is there a PS3 thread?

Don't think so but this one works well enough for that

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I wish we lived in an alternate universe where I could play BOTW on PS4 because Nintendo gave up on making their garbage rear end consoles.
So what exactly is the difference between a garbage rear end console and a good console in your world

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

homeless snail posted:

So what exactly is the difference between a garbage rear end console and a good console in your world

Quantity and quality of exclusive titles for me.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

veni veni veni posted:

this would be very good

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Going back to trophy chat: I just beat the main part of horizon and am thinking I'm going for Plat. I only have one Plat and its from fist of the north star so I'd like to add something else.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Kingtheninja posted:

Going back to trophy chat: I just beat the main part of horizon and am thinking I'm going for Plat. I only have one Plat and its from fist of the north star so I'd like to add something else.
It's pretty fun to get. If nothing else, you'll have a lot of opportunities to play photographer.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

veni veni veni posted:

The universe would never allow BOTW to be run with a steady framerate from a powerful console.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ramagamma posted:

Quantity and quality of exclusive titles for me.

That makes the WiiU the best console ever

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Just lol if you think Sony wouldn't have killed a Game like botw in favor of the in house far cry witcher 3 rip off with nice graphics

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

When will Xbox 1 get its exclusive Ubisoft game

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I recently got this PS4 bullshit. What game should I play first. Uncharted 4, Horizon, or Yakuza 0?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ChocNitty posted:

I recently got this PS4 bullshit. What game should I play first. Uncharted 4, Horizon, or Yakuza 0?

Bloodborne.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ChocNitty posted:

Uncharted since the others are like 40 hours long each.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Horizon cos other people are playing it.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

This is seriously such a good loving first 4 months of the year, especially for ps4. Even better with a wiiu. I have to imagine some Xbone owners why only have just the Xbone are really salty about missing out on like nioh, Yakuza, Nier, and horizon. And it's gonna get worse with persona on the way, and the kingdom hearts collection and so many anime games like gravity rush 2, dangan ronpas or nonary games. If you don't have a ps4, you really are going to miss out on so much.

Sorry guys, turns out we made a deal with the devil. In order to have this fantastic year of games, trump and brexit had to happen.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ethanol posted:

Just lol if you think Sony wouldn't have killed a Game like botw in favor of the in house far cry witcher 3 rip off with nice graphics

if nintendo went 3rd party, anyone would have to be incredibly stupid not to put their weight behind the next big zelda game on their console. like wow that would be an awful idea

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
If the Wii U can run BotW I bet a vita could. I would love to have it on a vita instead of a switch (just so I wouldn't have to buy a switch.)

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016

Ineffiable posted:

This is seriously such a good loving first 4 months of the year, especially for ps4. Even better with a wiiu. I have to imagine some Xbone owners why only have just the Xbone are really salty about missing out on like nioh, Yakuza, Nier, and horizon. And it's gonna get worse with persona on the way, and the kingdom hearts collection and so many anime games like gravity rush 2, dangan ronpas or nonary games. If you don't have a ps4, you really are going to miss out on so much.

Sorry guys, turns out we made a deal with the devil. In order to have this fantastic year of games, trump and brexit had to happen.

is this post a joke or serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ineffiable posted:

Xbox only homes dont play japanese games except final fantasy maybe