Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
gently caress

Rad Valtar posted:

People who get mad at retail workers don't understand the absolute ton of idiots they have to deal with on a daily basis.

Retail

Beastie posted:

Be courteous to people whether you are the customer or employee and you just might get nice perks like "oh someone just returned one 10 minutes ago, it's yours."

Peasants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Has anyone had difficulties with waking their system up using the pro controller? When it's docked and in sleep mode, I try hitting the home button on my pro controller and nothing happens. I have to get up and physically hit the power button on top of the console.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

motherbox posted:

Has anyone had difficulties with waking their system up using the pro controller? When it's docked and in sleep mode, I try hitting the home button on my pro controller and nothing happens. I have to get up and physically hit the power button on top of the console.

It's been janky just a few times, might be poor line of sight to the dock. Any time I've consciously provided a clear path, it's worked fine.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

motherbox posted:

I found you can wake it up multiple ways. Tapping a. Tapping home.

But holding home for 2-3 seconds does it ever time for me

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah, hold the home button for a few seconds and it works. I find it unreliable at waking the console otherwise.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I noticed this with my own Pro Controller but now it works normally and I have changed nothing. Weird.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I don't know why but I never even thought to wake the console up with my Pro in any way except holding the Home button down :shrug:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

iajanus posted:

I don't know why but I never even thought to wake the console up with my Pro in any way except holding the Home button down :shrug:

Yeah that's how I've been trained to do it with every console that allows me to wake it up with the controller.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

I got the Guardian and archer Link. They're both really, really nicely done. Scanning anything into the game isn't worth the effort unless you're doing some kind of amiibo assisted speed run.

My first playthrough is gonna be DLC and amiibo free. Subsequent ones will be good for messing around with the game via loot.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah that's how I've been trained to do it with every console that allows me to wake it up with the controller.

I tap on ps4.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Jonas Albrecht posted:

My first playthrough is gonna be DLC and amiibo free. Subsequent ones will be good for messing around with the game via loot.

The DLC is just the shirt, some rupees and a few weapons, and the amiibos are mostly just rupees, basic weapons, and food, right? I'm not super far, vah rudania, but I'm so full on weapons/food/rupees all the time I'm not sure why I'd use amiibos except to make a second playthrough easier. I have my eye on the archer link, but that new nendoroid link looks so much better.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Found a Switch. Zelda better be good.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Norns posted:

It's actually really bad. Wrap it up guys, we got him.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Throwing this poo poo in the trash

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Norns posted:

It's... good!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Here's a teardown of the console by Ben Heck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpSPyW5v8r0

He starts identifying the chips and finds the 32gb system memory to be right on top of the completed unit, meaning all Nintendo has to do is swap out a small part at the end of the manufacturing process to have more internal memory.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I thought gyro aiming would be poo poo but it's not!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

To ascend to the next level, you need to wait for Splatoon 2.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Yeah gyro aiming is pretty great, so glad you can use that in the pro controller too.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

It's actually really bad. Wrap it up guys, we got him.

Help yeah trap sprung. NAILED IT. See you next launch.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Rirse posted:

Yeah gyro aiming is pretty great, so glad you can use that in the pro controller too.

I'd forgotten reading that the Pro had gyro movements so was very pleasantly surprised when I first tried to use BOTW in dock mode

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Switch drop trip report:

The cable I charge my pro controller with got stuck on my desk chair and pulled the console while docked (with the official plastic HORI screen protector on it), no actual issues to the console other than a few rogue tiny scratches on the screen protector.

Fickle Isthmus
Aug 2, 2003

I've not turned up yet 'ave I?
Got a Switch off of Craigslist, no more going to the store everyday!

I'm having trouble linking my Nintendo Account. I remember someone saying if you have caps in your username it won't work, which I do. Yet it won't even let me use my verified email. Anyone have this issue as well, or should I just call Nintendo?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Fickle Isthmus posted:

Got a Switch off of Craigslist, no more going to the store everyday!

I'm having trouble linking my Nintendo Account. I remember someone saying if you have caps in your username it won't work, which I do. Yet it won't even let me use my verified email. Anyone have this issue as well, or should I just call Nintendo?

I had to use my email instead of my user name. Also had to do a password reset. :shrug:

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Switch already hacked:

http://wololo.net/2017/03/11/nintendo-switch-already-hacked-known-vulnerability/

Not fully open yet it seems but still pretty impressive a little over a week after launch.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

EpicNemesis posted:

Switch already hacked:

http://wololo.net/2017/03/11/nintendo-switch-already-hacked-known-vulnerability/

Not fully open yet it seems but still pretty impressive a little over a week after launch.

Not so sure I want it to be hacked so early, as it going to probably force them to close even more stuff off. The hacking on the 3DS caused saves to be locked to the system and the removal of the web browser.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Nintendo doesn't have to remove features from the switch to combat hacks, because the switch has no features.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Rirse posted:

Not so sure I want it to be hacked so early, as it going to probably force them to close even more stuff off. The hacking on the 3DS caused saves to be locked to the system and the removal of the web browser.

Nintendo doing that to the 3DS means they don't actually give a gently caress about fixing their poo poo security, but instead they would rather just put a band-aid over a gaping wound.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Some of the early things I've seen from hackers indicate the Switch has a revision of the 3DS kernel, thus the code bounty for 3DS exploits they're running.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I know there's been some fraudulent memory sold on Amazon. Is sold by _______ company but "fulfilled by Amazon" a safer way of getting quality legit product and/or good return service if it's phony?

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
e: wrong thread

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Feenix posted:

So I know there's been some fraudulent memory sold on Amazon. Is sold by _______ company but "fulfilled by Amazon" a safer way of getting quality legit product and/or good return service if it's phony?

Not at all safer, but easier to return at least.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Rirse posted:

Not so sure I want it to be hacked so early, as it going to probably force them to close even more stuff off.

Frankly, as long as it's region free and dev kits are reasonably priced, I hope it stays not hacked.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Feenix posted:

All that means is the seller sent that product to an Amazon fulfillment center. If they have a fakes that look like they are real, I doubt Amazon would notice when putting it into their system. Your best bet is to find something "shipped and sold by Amazon."

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Oh wow wait, so since I bought the 25 dollar version on the Switch I'm getting another game for free in the future? I didn't even know that and I still bought it. What happens, there's an update in April that adds a game?

This was a few pages ago, but you already have the extra two campaigns. The latest one is delayed for other platforms.
There's a third one planned for later in the year, which you'll get for free.
http://shovelknight.wikia.com/wiki/Planned_Content

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 13, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

You may want to do amiibo from the start as there are apparently rare armor drops that are only obtainable through amiibo if that is your thing. Including: Ganon's sword, Sheik's mask, some other crap I forgot but i think the OOT outfit. The benefits they offer with the shield/bow/etc they drop are really not huge as they break so quickly and you get those items fairly early, and the Ancient materials from the guardian are easily farmed later in the game should you so desire. Speed runs only appear to care about Smash Bros Link amiibo. I got the DLC but I don't think i ever backtracked to find the chests, doesn't matter.

e; Can someone repost that list of Nindies with trailers and release dates?

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 13, 2017

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Dehry posted:

Here's a teardown of the console by Ben Heck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpSPyW5v8r0

He starts identifying the chips and finds the 32gb system memory to be right on top of the completed unit, meaning all Nintendo has to do is swap out a small part at the end of the manufacturing process to have more internal memory.

Seems really well built. The biggest surprise was Nintendo didn't put their brand on the Chip from Nvidia.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Just played a good 5 hours of Zelda and being able to go into a much higher level place than I should be and find a way to survive is why I love this game. It's seriously as open as you want it to be and, even though it's really tough, you can definitely beat almost anything at any time you want. I'm looking forward to someone going straight to the final boss and defeating it with a stick :)

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

InFlames235 posted:

Just played a good 5 hours of Zelda and being able to go into a much higher level place than I should be and find a way to survive is why I love this game. It's seriously as open as you want it to be and, even though it's really tough, you can definitely beat almost anything at any time you want. I'm looking forward to someone going straight to the final boss and defeating it with a stick :)

The first thing I'm doing after the credits roll for me is YouTubing just that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

pissdude posted:

I work retail at a higher end liquor/wine/craft beer store and let me tell you about the "unicorn whiskeys"

Stuff like Blanton's, Eagle Rare, Weller 12yr, Pappy Van Winkle, etc. these whiskies are exceptionally rare and always being hunted down by idiots who think that they are connoisseurs and read about how good they are/rare they are so they drive all over or call every store in a region and try to aggressively interrogate us employees to see if we're hiding any in the back. Think of these like the Nintendo Switch, except instead of there being an initial rush of people trying to find them for the first couple of months, people are always calling or coming in and trying to bully a bottle out of us or if we can "go check in the back" FOREVER, FOR AS LONG AS THIS INDUSTRY WILL EXIST. Every day, every week, forever.

The only respite from this endless barrage of whiskey reddit fuckers harassing me on a daily basis is that sometimes we DO have some of these rarer whiskeys hiding in the back and I just lie straight to their face and tell them that we don't because they're cherry picking collectors who are likely trying to resale the whiskey anyway. Sometimes I do it in a very winking, knowing way to let them question whether or not I'm bullshitting them. I will only offer these rare items to regular customers who are looking for something really nice, or extremely cool and nice people who don't cold-open with "DO YOU HAVE ANY X". I am the gatekeeper. Treat me like a human.

Blanton's and eagle rare practically warm shelves around here

• Locked thread