Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
As someone who keeps getting rolled by Elysian-Combrei decks I think I need to be less cute with feln / rakano decks and just draft vanilla on-curve minions and combrei healer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
That's one thing about this game -- it is absolutely loaded with removal. Before I play a unit, I think to myself, "Self, is this unit going to be immediately Torched, Suffocated, Vanquished, Combusted, Annihilated, Deathstroked, Feeding Timed, Burned Out, Permafrosted, Stunned, Exhausted, Rebuked, Flash Frozen, Lightning Stormed, Lightning Striked once it attacks, Power Surged or Flash Fired?"

(Remind me to stock up on Aegis.)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

RoboCicero posted:

As someone who keeps getting rolled by Elysian-Combrei decks I think I need to be less cute with feln / rakano decks and just draft vanilla on-curve minions and combrei healer.
Elysian should be even more insane with the changes. They get the best 2 mana board stall minion in the game which is nuts for the most flyer-heavy faction.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I just had a really dumb long game. I think the game should have just told us 'you both lose' or something it was so lame. I had more than 100 health in the end (opponent had around 50) and the opponent conceded when I used that owl spell to summon 4 owls.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
That summon the ancients spell seems like bullshit in forge. Put four 2 cost 6/6 endurance aegis dudes in my 25 card deck.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I wonder what the timeline is for the first real set expansion, and if it'll add in the factions that aren't supported yet.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
my first 7 win draft deck! Hooray! (finally)

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
drat forge, I do 6-0 with a flying feln deck (didn't get any new cards for the collection from the draft phase), then in both of the final matches I only get shadow sigils and primal non-powers. The first time I manage to blow through it and almost win except they top-deck harsh rule, but the second time I of course run into the strangers and they start with all the good strangers while I only manage to put a vulture.

e: to make it even more insulting, the first match I was one turn away from winning by the opponent decking themselves

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ruin pretty good right now.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
CAN you get demoted in Ranked? Because I finally made Gold III and, judging by who I'm fighting now, I'd like to be demoted please.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Got to masters with Combrei Flight School. Still a really strong deck, Not sure why it isn't being run.

delfin posted:

CAN you get demoted in Ranked? Because I finally made Gold III and, judging by who I'm fighting now, I'd like to be demoted please.

yeah, just lose a bunch in a row when you don't have anything in the progress bar.

say no to scurvy
Nov 29, 2008

It is always Scurvy Prevention Week.
Is there some sort of hidden mmr besides your Ranked level? Like, if you lose a bunch of games at 0/100 of a rank, will you lose mmr or Elo points even if you don't lose rank?

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Got to masters with Combrei Flight School. Still a really strong deck, Not sure why it isn't being run.

Do you have a list?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Did you beat someone with a Rakano Armoury deck in Diamond 1 yesterday? If so that might have been me.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Just started playing this today, it's really cool and fun!

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

jon joe posted:

Just started playing this today, it's really cool and fun!

One of us one of us

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

after getting tired of the aggressive Stonescar with its wide boards I switch to Icaria Blue and then never face one (but still win anyway :smug: )

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

FractalSandwich posted:

Did you beat someone with a Rakano Armoury deck in Diamond 1 yesterday? If so that might have been me.

I think so but there's 5 billion armory decks around nowadays.

lazerwolf posted:

Do you have a list?

I got this from http://www.numotgaming.com/getting-started-in-eternal-combrei-edition/ . It's pretty flexible, I cut the paladins for an extra Silverwing and 4th-tree elder since they got nerfed.

Units
2 Crownwatch Paladin
4 Desert Marshal
4 Eager Owlet
4 Tinker Overseer
2 Scorpion Wasp
4 Silverwing Familiar
4 Valkyrie Enforcer
4 Karmic Guardian
1 Silverwing Commander
1 Fourth-Tree Elder

Weapons
4 Vodakhan’s Staff
4 Divining Rod

Spells
3 Seek Power
2 Vanquish
2 Stand Together

Relics
3 Xenan Obelisk

Power
8 Justice Sigil
6 Time Sigil
3 Diplomatic Seal
2 Emerald Monument
4 Combrei Banner
4 Seat of Progress

The idea's to go wide and aggressive with fliers. You'll either just damage race aggressive decks that can't get past your lifesteal or remove your dudes, or flood the board hard with the divining rod and hard to remove dudes. Always save a silence for Sandstorm Titans and you'll handle Combrei ok. It really struggles against Rakano aggro/plate since they want to be attacking and you can't really stop them building a warcry dude, but stonescar midrange stuff wasn't an issue. People were still figuring out elysian stuff but it outpaced shimmerpack then, since you win around turn 7.

I once saw an insane rakano version of this that ran soulfire drakes and Icarias, if anyone sees that list I'd love to see it. There's probably an elysian twist as well but I suck at deckbuilding, especially managing mana.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

No Safe Word posted:

after getting tired of the aggressive Stonescar with its wide boardsl

Those got nerfed into the ground.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ShaneB posted:

Those got nerfed into the ground.
That's a pretty huge overstatement

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

No Wave posted:

That's a pretty huge overstatement

Go wide SS aggro is pretty off the map as jito is no longer a playable card. Burn queen still exists but it's not anywhere close to the same metagame as before as it's lost some power level.

Stonescar is still good, but jito isn't.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Weirdest interaction I've seen in the game to date:

Playing someone with an annoying dark deck, which is redundant. I play a Silverwing Familiar, which has Aegis on it because Deathstrikes have been flying around.

The opponent plays Protect, which grants Aegis... on my bird, which already has Aegis. This has the effect of removing Aegis from it.

Also, I'm trying out Diplomatic Seal and I'm confused. If you have 2 influence of ANY color, it has no effect on influence?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

delfin posted:

Weirdest interaction I've seen in the game to date:

Playing someone with an annoying dark deck, which is redundant. I play a Silverwing Familiar, which has Aegis on it because Deathstrikes have been flying around.

The opponent plays Protect, which grants Aegis... on my bird, which already has Aegis. This has the effect of removing Aegis from it.

Also, I'm trying out Diplomatic Seal and I'm confused. If you have 2 influence of ANY color, it has no effect on influence?

Your aegis protects your unit from the opponent's spell regardless of what that spell does. So that's the logical interaction for it. Seal gives +1 power if you have 3 or more influence of any combination of colors. Otherwise you gain 1 power and an influence of your choice.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

delfin posted:

Correct. Aegis protects the creature from one enemy spell effect - even if it's a good effect. Levitate is a great Aegis cracker because it cantrips too.

delfin posted:

If your total influence is more than 2, it gives no influence. If you have TJ or TT, then you can use it and choose an influence, but if you have TTJ, it just increases max power.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

ShaneB posted:

Go wide SS aggro is pretty off the map as jito is no longer a playable card. Burn queen still exists but it's not anywhere close to the same metagame as before as it's lost some power level.

I've been rolling an old style queen list that is a lot like what people played before they started using Jito. It's been doing just fine. That go wide is off that map probably helps it, since I don't see many lightning storms or plagues.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

ShaneB posted:

This isn't Jito, it's typically some sort of sacrifice-heavy/Kalis style Stonescar, or as you mentioned, burn Queen is also out there.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

No Safe Word posted:

This isn't Jito, it's typically some sort of sacrifice-heavy/Kalis style Stonescar, or as you mentioned, burn Queen is also out there.

Oh yeah I loving hate ss sacrifice decks. Miserable to face.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

No Safe Word posted:

I hate that relic weapon that gets +2/+2 for each sacrificed unit. 6/6 or even 8/8 relic weapon on turn three, sure thing

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

netcat posted:

I hate that relic weapon that gets +2/+2 for each sacrificed unit. 6/6 or even 8/8 relic weapon on turn three, sure thing

Kalis more like kancer am I rite

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I cant really hate kalis too much because it's a meme but waiting for the stash topdeck to bring back a 3 mana 12/12 is pretty unpleasant

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

It's my go-to deck for whenever armory becomes too popular. It was a godsend back when about 2/3 of the matches were easy wins thanks to that. It completely shits on armory by spamming tons of units, and then insults them by playing even bigger weapons than they have.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I just gave in and crafted 4x Vodakhans for Vodakhombo. I ran through a gauntlet with it, and it's just plain absurd.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
So sad when he gets silenced though. But amazing when you have a Mystic out with him and you go draw crazy.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Totally unrelated, but warcry hitting weapons is plain stupid both for flavor and game balance reasons

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

No Wave posted:

Totally unrelated, but warcry hitting weapons is plain stupid both for flavor and game balance reasons

What, you've never screamed so hard that your sword got bigger?

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 13, 2017

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
In a related note has there ever been a deck that abuses the your spells get weapon special abilities mechanic?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Hand Row posted:

In a related note has there ever been a deck that abuses the your spells get weapon special abilities mechanic?
It's not really abusable because stonescar maul and last word are quite expensive and fragile... you've usually already won if you make it through the opponent's turn with an intact stonescar maul/lw

Most decks that run lw already run lightning storm which is already as good as it gets

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
I decided to play Armory in Ranked to find out what its weaknesses and bad matchups were since I was getting sick of losing to it, and it seems to be really good against the decks I like to play. Instead I went on a win streak to Master. Elysian Midrange seemed like my worst matchup, but I only faced it once.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Kyrosiris posted:

Correct. Aegis protects the creature from one enemy spell effect - even if it's a good effect. Levitate is a great Aegis cracker because it cantrips too.

So it will protect from an opponent's Harsh Rule, but not your own. (Which nearly cost me a fight just now.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Edly posted:

I decided to play Armory in Ranked to find out what its weaknesses and bad matchups were since I was getting sick of losing to it, and it seems to be really good against the decks I like to play. Instead I went on a win streak to Master. Elysian Midrange seemed like my worst matchup, but I only faced it once.

I love the irony of this post.