Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
Maintenance sucks but honestly does it suck more than whatever you would be doing otherwise? Being on a vehicle crew in garrison is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
between mustang and Vahakyla poo poo is just :discourse: in the army thread

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
It's like a perfect spectator sport. Now just find an entry level Warrant Officer to post here, and there is a "follow these starter characters"-adventure packet going here.

You guys are welcome.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Vahakyla posted:

It's like a perfect spectator sport. Now just find an entry level Warrant Officer to post here, and there is a "follow these starter characters"-adventure packet going here.

You guys are welcome.

I talk mad poo poo but I hope you guys do alright and have a better go of it than most, your stuff cracks me up just because it's AIT level poo poo and christ it takes me back a long time ago. Interesting perspective too with you being prior service.

Mustang being in a unicorn unit though lol that poo poo is the best. I'm happy for you Mustang but the rear end in a top hat in me can't wait until the other shoe drops. I hope it doesn't and life owns for you though!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I talk mad poo poo but I hope you guys do alright and have a better go of it than most, your stuff cracks me up just because it's AIT level poo poo and christ it takes me back a long time ago. Interesting perspective too with you being prior service.

Mustang being in a unicorn unit though lol that poo poo is the best. I'm happy for you Mustang but the rear end in a top hat in me can't wait until the other shoe drops. I hope it doesn't and life owns for you though!

The singular reason the green weenie ever leaves someone alone is so it has a new, unstretched, unsuspecting butthole to plunge into just that much harder when the time comes.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I hope it drops because happiness is a lie temporarily put off and in 2017 interest rates are high, baby

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
He doesn't even know the horrors that are going on in his own brigade.

Edit: But seriously, Mustang, when you get back, I've got some real army poo poo to explain to you. Alcohol will be required. And probably a fire extinguisher after you try to self immolate afterwards.

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 11, 2017

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
He does realize that his brigade is the war crime brigade, right? I mean, mine had SSG what's his face, but there were a whole bunch more in 2 SBCT.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Naked Bear posted:

He does realize that his brigade is the war crime brigade, right? I mean, mine had SSG what's his face, but there were a whole bunch more in 2 SBCT.

Bailes? Is 2 SBCT what used to be 5 SBCT? Because that's what I was in and yeah lol war crimes brigade.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Mike-o posted:

Bailes? Is 2 SBCT what used to be 5 SBCT? Because that's what I was in and yeah lol war crimes brigade.

I think he means 2 SBCT in 2nd ID out of Ft Lewis. You know, the post that got exposed for overturning people's PTSD diagnoses just before all the kill team poo poo came out.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Obstacle2 posted:

I think he means 2 SBCT in 2nd ID out of Ft Lewis. You know, the post that got exposed for overturning people's PTSD diagnoses just before all the kill team poo poo came out.

Lmao I think Mike-o already knows that

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Obstacle2 posted:

what...

:nms: :nws: There's some murdered body pics in the Wikipedia article, I was not ready to see that.

"Rogue "kill team" criminal charges posted:

Main article: Maywand District murders

During the summer of 2010, the U.S. military charged five members of the 3rd Platoon, Bravo Company, 2nd Battalion, 1st Infantry Regiment with the formation of a "kill team", which staged three separate murders of Afghan civilians in Kandahar province. In addition, seven soldiers were also charged with crimes including hashish use, impeding an investigation and attacking a whistleblowing soldier who alerted MPs during an initially unrelated investigation into hashish use by members of the 3rd Platoon. The alleged ringleader was Staff Sergeant Calvin Gibbs.

*On 15 January 2010, Gul Mudin was killed "by means of throwing a fragmentary grenade at him and shooting him with a rifle," an action carried out by SPC Jeremy Morlock and PFC Andrew Holmes under the direction of Gibbs. Morlock allegedly told Holmes, age 19 and on his first tour of duty, that the killing was carried out for fun.

*On 22 February, Gibbs and SPC Michael S. Wagnon allegedly shot the second victim, Marach Agha, and placed a Kalashnikov next to the body to justify the killing.

*On 2 May, Mullah Adadhdad was killed after being shot and attacked with a grenade. SPC Adam C. Winfield and Gibbs were allegedly the perpetrators.

Christopher Winfield, the father of platoon member SPC Adam Winfield, attempted to alert the Army of the kill team's existence after his son explained the situation from Afghanistan via a Facebook chat. In response to the news from his son, Winfield called the Army inspector general's 24-hour hotline, the office of Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.), and a sergeant at Joint Base Lewis-McChord who told him to call the Army Criminal Investigation Division. He then contacted the Fort Lewis command center and spoke to a sergeant on duty who agreed that SPC Winfield was in potential danger but that he had to report the crime to his superiors before the Army could take action.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Mar 11, 2017

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

They should kill that rat fucks dad too.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

You think that's hosed, read Black Hearts.

:nms:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmudiyah_rape_and_killings:nms:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Yeah about that....I knew SSG Gibbs personally :(

I've probably posted about it here before. He got kicked out of our PSD for COL Tunnell for stealing a gator from the Canadians on KAF and then got sent out to battalion where he did all that poo poo. He's still in Leavenworth and I don't know how long but it's going to be a long time.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I read that years ago, so hosed up. That happened while I was in Iraq too and I didn't even hear about it then.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Let's just say that pretty much all of my coworkers really don't like CID.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Mike-o posted:

Yep, that's right. Bailes was 3 SBCT which is now 1 SBCT (???).

Nobody likes CID, but they do serve a purpose... even if it's not actually doing anything about the asshats breaking and entering barracks, stealing dudes' poo poo, and stealing their cars, too; even when those asshats can be named.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Mar 11, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

That's my lovely battalion right there :)

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
This was my brigade https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Danny_Chen

Glad I ETS'd before that deployment.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'm well aware I'm in the war crimes BDE, that PLT was actually attached to one of our companies when it happened. My BN was actually pretty lovely and toxic until relatively recently.

The BDE and the Army itself still requires us to do plenty of stupid poo poo despite having a good command climate.

My commander and 1SG are awesome, as are the NCOs in my Platoon. I only have one troublesome soldier and even then I've never been called in the middle of the night or on the weekend for anything.

Things are pretty good and living in WA is awesome.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

gently caress the Army. They tried to gently caress my friend over by not giving him PTSD as a qualifier for his medboard. Dude saw the loving C130 fall down at Bagram. Among being with me in Iraq and Haiti. AND they are trying to send him (or was) to Korea while his daughter has spinal bifida and they couldn't make ability to take her with him and his wife.

gently caress that poo poo. gently caress what they did to me, gently caress the fact that I'm a 31 person who can barely go up a flight of stairs because it hurts my goddamn legs too loving bad and all that poo poo. gently caress the other issues I have and gently caress you if you're still in.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Obstacle2 posted:

This was my brigade https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Danny_Chen

Glad I ETS'd before that deployment.

I was on the same flight as him to Afghanistan (I was actually the chalk commander :smith: ). One of the soldiers testifying in that court martial was one of mine at the Warrior Recovery Center on KAF, who certain shitheads tried to retaliate against by yanking that soldier from a medevac flight to Landstuhl and putting him back on a flight to his fob sans weapon, armor, helmet, or even camo clothes. I dropped a line to IG and the rage I got from them afterwards indicated that IG put its boot in someone's rear end and wore them like a shoe for a short while.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Icon Of Sin posted:

I was on the same flight as him to Afghanistan (I was actually the chalk commander :smith: ). One of the soldiers testifying in that court martial was one of mine at the Warrior Recovery Center on KAF, who certain shitheads tried to retaliate against by yanking that soldier from a medevac flight to Landstuhl and putting him back on a flight to his fob sans weapon, armor, helmet, or even camo clothes. I dropped a line to IG and the rage I got from them afterwards indicated that IG put its boot in someone's rear end and wore them like a shoe for a short while.

gently caress.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
As far as Big Army dickings go, I got off pretty light.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

McNally posted:

As far as Big Army dickings go, I got off pretty light.

I'd hate to see what you consider a hard dicking

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Pesticide20 posted:

Reenlistment.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
A life sentence of enlistment.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Pesticide20 posted:

I won in the end, and in a relatively short amount of time.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
So tonight, I had an officer from another unit in the state (he's my wife's coworker), at my own dinner table tell me it's the new kids fault for not being good soldiers, when I said I was getting out. I said what led to that decision was that after nearly eleven years in this unit, the leadership and command climate have become completely alienated with their soldiers needs, and I've been simultaneously tasked with more responsibility and treated with less authority needed to complete them.

He is younger than me with less time, but he actually began to pull the liberal millennials card out. He then continued, by trying to tout libertarianism as a command style, and likened me getting out to the reasons ghettos don't improve (as "the good ones get out").

There's got to be a German word for confusion to the point of anger.

Hang all nobles holy gently caress. I think I'm gonna let my wife know it's against the rules to hang with officers of all types.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 13, 2017

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Why didn't you just talk about My Little Pony?

Way less dicey.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Have you guys had your transgender policy training yet?

There's an vignette on what to do when a male Soldier gets pregnant.

It's pretty cool.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

These days I have serious doubts I can stay in for 6 more years.

Even with my MOS, or perhaps because of it, I am at least a little insulated from it. But the morale here is just gone, and people wonder why our retention numbers are solid red.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

J.A.B.C. posted:

people wonder why our retention numbers are solid red
That's a thread title if ever I've seen one.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

spacetoaster posted:

Have you guys had your transgender policy training yet?

There's an vignette on what to do when a male Soldier gets pregnant.

It's pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdB9pnEsL2s

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

leadership.jpeg

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I prefer the commander's discretion version

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Pesticide20 posted:

I prefer the commander's discretion version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Gonna need that one if they authorize beards, because you know that's going to be at the commander's discretion and gently caress you. Still haven't seen anyone rolling their sleeves!