Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Lynch me for your stupid meta reasons so I can be lazy when I roll scum.

TYVM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

From my perspective as well, I see . . . almost no one defending Tobbs, besides myself. No one really "Me 2'd" his Keane case, and anything else he's done here. I'd have expected some token support for him at this point if he had a scum team, but there really isn't any.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ugh. Well if he isn't going to defend himself at all at this point then just do it. I'll hammer him if absolutely necessary because god forbid we continue this argument into tomorrow, but I don't agree with it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

BottleKnight posted:

I think Quid's lurking (like pretty much all lurking) is alignment-neutral and he should just replace out instead of us lunching a low-content player and getting very little content out of it except a flip.

Also this, really. He's given us very close to nothing.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

MMT, walk me through what will happen if Tobbs flips town. How will your reads change? Because you have admittedly been operating on Tobbs / Max scum for this whole day, and I'm interested in any other thoughts you have.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Max posted:

MMT, walk me through what will happen if Tobbs flips town. How will your reads change? Because you have admittedly been operating on Tobbs / Max scum for this whole day, and I'm interested in any other thoughts you have.

This doesn't track to me. The first question is playing the speculation game, "what if you're wrong?" which I hate as questions anyways, but then the second part is "what reads do you have outside of us two?" which is inquiring about any auxiliary opinions MMT might have right now. You're grasping for straws.

This is like reverse tunnel vision. Instead of tunneling someone you think is scum, you're tunnel-protecting someone you think is town? It's really weird.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm not going to make any calls about Max's motivation because he's really sticking his neck out here in a way I wouldn't expect scum to do to protect a fellow scum, but at the same time it just doesn't add up to normal Max play for me. It's bizarre.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

BottleKnight posted:

What specifically are you referring to when you say 'would mean he is scum anyway' ? I specifically said lurking is alignment-neutral.

only scum replace out is a surprisingly common argument

Max
Nov 30, 2002

BottleKnight posted:

This doesn't track to me. The first question is playing the speculation game, "what if you're wrong?" which I hate as questions anyways, but then the second part is "what reads do you have outside of us two?" which is inquiring about any auxiliary opinions MMT might have right now. You're grasping for straws.

This is like reverse tunnel vision. Instead of tunneling someone you think is scum, you're tunnel-protecting someone you think is town? It's really weird.

I just want to see more stuff from MMT. She's admitted that she's dismissed other cases simply because I am the one pushing them and she feels strongly that I'm scum with Tobbs. That's frustrating for me to see because I'm just getting dismissed, and if Tobbs flips town (I think he will) I want to know how that might change since for now she's really tunneled on this idea.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

BottleKnight posted:

I'm not going to make any calls about Max's motivation because he's really sticking his neck out here in a way I wouldn't expect scum to do to protect a fellow scum, but at the same time it just doesn't add up to normal Max play for me. It's bizarre.

agreed, but it does work if max is scum and tobbs is town. the max post you just quoted seems to be him giving the subtle suggestion that if tobbs flips town, max cannot be scum, which also doesn't track at all

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

this is a stickup posted:

only scum replace out is a surprisingly common argument

Okay, cool.

In certain contexts, I agree. I mean, I used that as a reason to vote for you because of Rarity. But Quid just hasn't posted any content, so the "frustrated scum" narrative doesn't connect for me. He just isn't here, at all.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

agreed, but it does work if max is scum and tobbs is town. the max post you just quoted seems to be him giving the subtle suggestion that if tobbs flips town, max cannot be scum, which also doesn't track at all

Yeah, agreed. Would vote Max, but might as well keep my vote on Tobbs.

I'm feeling better about you btw, I voted you because of my read on Rarity but your play has been good so I'm reconsidering.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

BottleKnight posted:

Okay, cool.

In certain contexts, I agree. I mean, I used that as a reason to vote for you because of Rarity. But Quid just hasn't posted any content, so the "frustrated scum" narrative doesn't connect for me. He just isn't here, at all.

yeah, I was just being facetious. it makes sense from a mod standpoint that one would bother to replace scum, but I've only ever considered or bothered to ask for a replacement as town, so anecdotally I can't agree

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

Unrelated, please remember that Pmom is apparently playing this game and can get away with that awful bullshit yesterday apparently.

:angel:

I guess I'll switch to Tobbs since Max isn't happening.

##unvote

##vote tobbs

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Max posted:

That's a tough one to answer. I think I would still feel suspicious of you because I still don't believe your thought process on Tobbs' alignment is genuine, but it would definitely knock my confidence down a few pegs. Best I got is that if it happens, I'll re-assess the game during the open night and post some reads.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I wasn't implying that.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

Tobbs Gnawed (6): chores, Murmur, -Murmur, Murmur, -chores, chaos, stickup, chores, -chores, BK, chores, PMom

Quidthulhu (1): chores, -chores, Tobbs, chores, -chores
Grandicap (1): Max
Max (0): PMom, -PMom
BottleKnight (0): stickup, -stickup
stickup (0): Grandi, BK, -Grandi, -BK
CCKeane (0): Tobbs, -Tobbs

:h: 12 alive, 7 to execute.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Monday, March 13th, ~11PM EDT. This deadline is floating.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

That's a tough one to answer. I think I would still feel suspicious of you because I still don't believe your thought process on Tobbs' alignment is genuine, but it would definitely knock my confidence down a few pegs. Best I got is that if it happens, I'll re-assess the game during the open night and post some reads.

Off the top of my head, I would definitely start grilling Quid and Hats more.

Possibly PMom, mainly because I haven't really had a strong opinion on him either way this game (which is usually the sign of someone scumming well).

And as much as it pains me to say it given that we've seemingly been on the same page this game for the first time ever, I think I'd have to be at least a bit suspicious of CL since he's been agreeing with the case on Tobbs without really adding much more to it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

Off the top of my head, I would definitely start grilling Quid and Hats more.

Possibly PMom, mainly because I haven't really had a strong opinion on him either way this game (which is usually the sign of someone scumming well).

And as much as it pains me to say it given that we've seemingly been on the same page this game for the first time ever, I think I'd have to be at least a bit suspicious of CL since he's been agreeing with the case on Tobbs without really adding much more to it.

OK cool, that tracks.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello friends.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

I wasn't implying that.

perhaps not, but it does read like that

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Worth it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

perhaps not, but it does read like that

Fine, but I'm more interested in getting reads from someone I consider more town than others, given her vig claim.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote Tobbs
I am around.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:redhammer: I think.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

your catchup stuff, though, is pretty terrible. my meta defense of rarity, which was a direct response to bk, was also confirmed my someone else. which part is cheaper, the insinuation that I'm scum for replacing in, or a person that loves playing scum would not replace out as scum?

why do you think my post about mmt is odd? or rather, what do you think is odd about it?

You essentially either know him well enough to make a case he was going to make (and an odd case, not a standard one), and then he makes it. That feels off. I feel like that is something, when you replaced in, you said in the scum doc "If you were town, I would have expected you to do X, and I would have noticed that thing, so I have to do this." But you only know because you are scum together.

I don't particularly think that you are scum stickup, so that all falls apart, but I that is what makes more sense to me than what actually went down.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Max posted:

:redhammer: I think.

P sure that's 6 not 7.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

:c: Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

Tobbs Gnawed (6): chores, Murmur, -Murmur, Murmur, -chores, chaos, stickup, chores, -chores, BK, chores, PMom

:d: Day 2 deadline: Monday, March 13th, ~11PM EDT. This deadline is floating.

This said 6 before you voted.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Max posted:

This said 6 before you voted.

Ok, vote robot says 6 now, but I trust ecco count. Robot is missing the chaos vote.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

##unvote
##vote Tobbs

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Grandicap posted:

Ok, vote robot says 6 now, but I trust ecco count. Robot is missing the chaos vote.

As explained earlier today, the robot doesn't consider new days as a universal "unvote," and so if you have an active vote on a player who is still alive the following day, the robot still marks you down as "has an active vote," and so won't record your new vote without an unvote.

Truly there will never be a robot revolution.

==========

:c: FINAL Day 2 Votecount :c:

:redhammer: Tobbs Gnawed (7): chores, Murmur, -Murmur, Murmur, -chores, chaos, stickup, chores, -chores, BK, chores, PMom, Grandi

==========

On the second day, the miners struggled to even talk, let alone come to a consensus. At the last minute they settled on Tobbs; too bad they were wrong.

:s: Tobbs Gnawed, Kam, Miner (town-aligned vanilla), was executed day 2. :s:

Night 2!

Feel free to keep talking.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

EccoRaven posted:

At the last minute they settled on Tobbs; too bad they were wrong.

but ecco, killing tobbs is never wrong

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
game is hard

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
vig quidnose pls

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I swear I'm the Tobbs whisperer.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I suck :eng99:

Sorry Tobbs!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Come morning the miners found yet more death in their camp. First was that irascible fool chores, who died with his skull broken open with a shovel. He was a humble miner.

:s: got some chores tonight, Hajair, Miner (town-aligned vanilla), was killed night 2. :s:

More horrifying was the death of the mine's foreman. He was a beloved figure among the crew, always looking out for them in their time of need. He never raised his whip against honest workers, always choosing to run the mine with respect and dignity than with the cruel fist of a tyrant. He made sure the sickest and weakest among them got double rations and warm beds to rejuvenate their tired bodies. In general he was just a swell guy - it was tragic to find he was murdered so brutally.

:s: chaoslord, Mifta, Foreman (definitely town great guy), was drilled open night 2. :s:

It is now Day 3!
:h: With 9 alive it takes 5 to execute.
:d: Day 3 deadline: Wednesday, March 15th, ~11PM EDT.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

MMT you double suck.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

So probably mylo at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Unless MMT could possibly not kill someone, I dunno.

• Locked thread