Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Mirthless posted:

"hey guys, everything I do is okay as long as I'm not loving little kids!"

other things not the same as pedophilia;

* racism
* homophobia
* literal, actual murder
It's a subreddit dedicated to people recounting anecdotes of others being train wrecks of human beings so that everyone reading the stories can laugh and feel better about their own lives. It's comparable to what we're doing itt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Mirthless posted:

"hey guys, everything I do is okay as long as I'm not loving little kids!"

other things not the same as pedophilia;

* racism
* homophobia
* literal, actual murder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTzDaShIQjQ

Mirthless you idiot.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Mirthless posted:

yes

for that first part

they're still viciously harassing fat people for having the temerity to eat too much food

it's kind of like how creepshots, jailbait, and coontown never actually went away, they just popped up with different names on another part of reddit.

To be fair to Mirthless, his original comparison was about subreddits that didn't really go away by getting rebranded, not necessarily equating the subject matter. Now the fact that he got baited into Mirthless-ing a follow-up post is completely different.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Nards Pan posted:

Wait wait, what? I missed this one, this idea has promise!

Ive not read it since this article came out, but enjoy this dude who somehow has/had women dating him

https://www.wired.com/2013/03/ipo-man/

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Generally, I'd say age gap stories are the best stories, but paternity test stories are quickly becoming a strong contender:

I [30M] asked my wife [28F] for a paternity test for stupid reasons. I hurt her and need help fixing things.

I really don't know why I did it in retrospect. I have no reason to believe she cheated or ever has. In the 6 years we've been together, she has never once given me a reason to doubt her faithfulness. I had no reason to ask her for a paternity test, and I can't even begin to express how much I regret it. The worst thing is having to see her each day and see the sadness in her face that I would ever doubt her. It kills me to see that and to realize that I turned what should have been an extremely happy time for us into this mess.

I think it all started when one of my good friends started talking about how men can never know if they're the father short of a paternity test. This was right after he found out we were expecting. I don't think he was being malicious, but he kept going on and on about how it's weird how you could in theory raise a child your entire life and it not be yours and giving me these horror stories. I tried not to let it bother me, but the more and more he went on about this the more it started nag at me and make me wonder.

That was almost 3 months ago, and after hearing more and more from him a few weeks ago I started dropping hints to my wife that I'd be interested in a paternity test just for peace of mind. She didn't get my hints so eventually I escalated them to the point where she finally asked me point blank if I was asking her for a paternity test. I told her that I was. I'm not going to describe everything that happened after that, but it wasn't good. I ended up sleeping at my brother's house for a few nights, and when I went back home she told me we could do a paternity test after the baby is born if it would make me feel better. Obviously by this point I had realized what a big mistake I had made and told her I was sorry, but the damage was done.

That was last week, and this whole time I've felt lost about where to go from here. How do I even begin to make up for this and apologize? It has caused so much damage I can only imagine. I think what's worse is that even though I've told her many times now that I don't want a paternity test anymore she is insisting that we do it so I won't doubt her. This whole situation is a mess. It's even created problems between me and my family. Where do I even start, and how do I at least try to fix this? I feel almost paralyzed because I just don't know where to begin when there's so much to fix.

tl;dr: Asked my wife for a paternity test for stupid reasons and not because I suspected her of cheating. I hurt her very badly and have made a huge mess out of things. Don't know where to begin trying to fix this.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Barudak posted:

Ive not read it since this article came out, but enjoy this dude who somehow has/had women dating him

Oh jesus, I'm dying this is amazing. Hmm they voted for me to stop sleeping, guess I'll give it a shot :shrug:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Danaru posted:

Me [22F] with my boyfriend [23M] of 6 years, do I have the right to be upset or am I being to sensitive?

Can anyone decipher what the hell happened here

tried to figure it out, couldn't. tried to find it, found this post instead

quote:

Me [22F] with my boyfriend [23M] of 4 years, he pretend to break in to our house as a prank and I got hurt

submitted 5 months ago by Butterfly72930

I guess I'll just jump right in to the story of what happened yesterday. It was around 4:30 and I was relaxing on the couch watching some Netflix on the TV. It's the type of couch that has a built in recliner on one seat, and I was sitting on that seat and had the recliner out. I work as an educational assistant at a nearby elementary school, so I'm almost always home by around 3:30. My boyfriend, on the other hand, typically comes home around 6. So at 4:30 I definitely wasn't expecting him.

So I'm chilling and watching Netflix when I hear what sounds like a the window in the kitchen being opened. In situations like this I always freeze up, so I just sat there panicking on the inside but too freaked out to even move. I heard what was definitely the sound of movement in the kitchen, followed by the window being shut and then footsteps coming towards me. I was still frozen at that point but also utterly terrified and staring at the doorway from the kitchen to the living room.

The footsteps keep getting closer, and then out of the doorway comes a man dressed in all black, wearing a black mask and holding a rope in his hands.
That was enough to make me unfreeze, so I stood up to run away but in my panic I tripped over the recliner and took a pretty bad fall. I'm hyperventilating and scrambling to get back up and run away, and it's then that I hear my boyfriend's voice call out "are you okay?" And I realize that the masked intruder was him. I have never in my life felt so relieved and so angry at the same time.

He was super worried and apologetic and got me to a hospital right away, as I was having pretty severe pain in my foot. It turns out my ankle broke when I fell. My boyfriend is pretty much devastated that this happened. He explained that he knows I love Halloween and am interested in horror movies and true crime and all that stuff, so he thought this would be a silly/scary prank to get me in the Halloween spirit. He did not in anyway forsee it going wrong, and he feels so bad.

My Fitbit usually records over 10,000 steps per shift when I work. I walk a lot throughout the day, so this broken ankle is going to be a huge inconvenience to me. My boyfriend realizes this and has been apologizing like crazy. He even cried when the doctor told us my ankle was broken. He's absolutely torn up over this, and I don't know how to feel. On the one hand I'm furious that he would prank me this way. When I saw him standing in the doorway, I quite literally thought I was about to die. I can't stress enough how absolutely terrified I was. On the other hand, I see how bad he feels and it doesn't seem fair to be mad at him when he's already so upset.

How on earth should I handle this?

tl;dr: My boyfriend dressed in all black with a rope and pretended to break in to our house. I thought I was going to die and broke my ankle trying to run away and now my bf feels really bad and I don't know what to do

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Barudak posted:

quote:

For her part, Dixon was into Merrill. “I tend to date ­weirdos,” she says.

quote:

He chose Dixon, and they signed a three-month relationship contract.

Dixon was excited. She liked Merrill, but she also liked the idea of accumulating shares of him. So when the three-month term was up, she asked for a sweetener: She wanted stock options this time.

quote:

On the afternoon of ratification day, Dixon deliberately sold a share for 99 cents in an effort to game the market and set the strike price artificially low. Another investor caught on to the ruse and fired back by buying a share at $12. But, at 4:59 pm, Dixon managed to scoop up a share for $1.52. The clock hit 5, and she locked in a paper profit of roughly $900.

Merrill was touched. To him it was a romantic gesture. None of his projects had yet flourished or paid dividends (the Rwandan chicken farmer had run off with the $79.63), and yet Dixon believed in him enough to try to accumulate as many shares as pos­sible. “Instead of getting me flowers, she was trying to buy me,” Merrill says. “It bodes well.”

lmao at everything

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

purple death ray posted:

I don't think marathon runners want gains

He's met the elusive triathlon troll

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Barudak posted:

There should be a database for people like this, like the one we keep for sexual predators, where people have to notify all of their romantic partners they're on the list any time they start a new relationship

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Barudak posted:

everything about this makes me want to scream

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

ArbitraryC posted:

I wouldn't say it's 'no enjoying yourself', just that you never really get to learn first hand that the grass only looks greener until you're standing in it. It's not that they woulda been having a better or more fulfilling life outside the relationship it's just they lack the experience to understand that their view of how things might be outside of the relationship is probably a whole lot different than the reality.

not to say that you should stay in a miserable/unfulfilling relationship out of a sense that things could only be worse of course, just that I think a lot of people who get that wanderlust come to regret giving up a pretty good thing when it's all said and done.

Observing the trainwreck relationships of my friends, family, acquaintances did a pretty thorough job of dispelling the romance of romance. poo poo is hard work and it's hard to flee a sinking ship because all of your feels are in the cargo hold. Attempting a few abortive relationships of my own cemented the whole thing for me. I'm still down to have an SO, I just want to be in a place where I feel like I'm bringing more good stuff to the table than bad before making a serious attempt.

Any of you guys wanna make out?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

zakharov posted:

Weddings! Horrible parents!

Usually the fiance would be a spineless wimp in this story so that's a refreshing change. Hope these two like not being invited to the wedding.

Christ this reminds me of my in-laws.

They wanted to host the wedding rehearsal dinner at their house. OK, except their house was small, there were seven people living there, and there would be eighteen more coming for the dinner. They gave virtually all their money to various churches, so there was never any food in the house, and what was there was quickly eaten by the perpetually hungry kids. And now that they were all teenagers, they ate everything in sight.

For the dinner they bought a pound of deli ham, a loaf of bread, butter and a head of lettuce. That was it. Or not, because the younger kids found it and ate it before the dinner started. So here's a big wedding party, hungry for dinner, and oops, they 'forgot' to tell people to leave the food alone. Wasn't that just silly of them?

My dad took us all out to dinner at a favorite Mexican restaurant. Yes, even them.

They hated me for being a different race and class. So much so that their oldest daughter wore a white lace dress to the wedding, MIL tried to keep people from going into the church, and she then invited all these church friends of theirs that we didn't know to the reception. None of them even brought so much as a card.

It was over twenty years before I willingly spoke with them.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Pvt.Scott posted:

Observing the trainwreck relationships of my friends, family, acquaintances did a pretty thorough job of dispelling the romance of romance. poo poo is hard work and it's hard to flee a sinking ship because all of your feels are in the cargo hold. Attempting a few abortive relationships of my own cemented the whole thing for me. I'm still down to have an SO, I just want to be in a place where I feel like I'm bringing more good stuff to the table than bad before making a serious attempt.

Any of you guys wanna make out?

Get over here big boy, I'm feeling generous and could use a charity tax write off

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
WRONG THREAD LOL

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Generally, I'd say age gap stories are the best stories, but paternity test stories are quickly becoming a strong contender:
I found this doozy when doin a search

Me (26/F) and boyfriend (29/M) of three years just had our first baby. We're white, baby is black. I have a close black ancestor, but SO is furious and accusing me of cheating◉ Locked Post ◉

quote:

As the title says, me and my SO just had our first baby. We were over the moon when we discovered the pregnancy, and we were both really excited to have a child together. We want (or wanted) to get married next year, and everything was going great, we were happy.

We both look very white, pale skin, blue eyes, brown and blonde hair. However, my great great grandpa was black, and some of his features have popped up here and there in our family (kinky hair, darker skin, more "black looking" facial characteristics). My SO knows this and has seen some of my aunts/uncles and cousins who have these features. I however don't have any myself, and neither does my mom.

Our daughter was born five days ago and I guess she just got all the dormant genes in me, because she's really dark skinned compared to us with really curly hair. I think she's adorable, but my SO flipped. He accused me of cheating, that the baby couldn't possibly be his.

I've never given him a reason to suspect me of infidelity, and I've certainly never cheated. We argued about it, I pointed at all my cousins and other relatives who have black features but he absolutely refused to listen, said our daughter looked "too black" for that to be a plausible explanation. He stormed out of the hospital, sent me a text an hour later that we were over and when I got home from the hospital the next day he wasn't there and most of his personal belongings gone. I tried to reach him but he didn't answer my calls or texts until 3 days later, when he told me he demanded a paternity test to prove that I was a liar, and if I refuse I'll never see him again.

I'm completely broken down and hurt over this, our entire relationship he's been so sweet and rational, this is completely unlike him. If he'd just calmly asked for a paternity test to begin with I would've been hurt, but I guess I could understand the concerns, our daughter lokks nothing like him. But I don't think our relationship can survive this, even when I prove to him I wasn't lying. Should I go through with the test or just cut my losses here and raise her alone?

tl;dr: we're white, daughter is black. I have a close black ancestor but SO refuses to believe that's the reason, exploded at me, moved out and is demanding a paternity test or else I'll never see him again. I'm hurt and angry, should I get the test or just tell him to gently caress off and raise our daughter alone?
EDIT: I decided to get the test done, I'll update you all when I get the results. I'm still angry, but I guess I understand him a bit better now.

It's kinda funny cause dude is obviously an rear end in a top hat in this story but if he were the one posting it I think most people would think her side was bullshit, I didn't even know that was genetically possible. Wonder how often that happens.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Mar 15, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

ArbitraryC posted:

I found this doozy when doin a search

Me (26/F) and boyfriend (29/M) of three years just had our first baby. We're white, baby is black. I have a close black ancestor, but SO is furious and accusing me of cheating◉ Locked Post ◉

It's kinda funny cause dude is obviously an rear end in a top hat in this story but if he were the one posting it I think most people would think her side was bullshit, I didn't even know that was genetically possible. Wonder how often that happens.

Did she ever update because uhhhh I don't think that's how genetics work

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Danaru posted:

Did she ever update because uhhhh I don't think that's how genetics work

There's an update post but she deleted it, judging by the comments it looks like the dna test verified everything was on the up and up, dude apologized profusely and they're trying to work things out (the circumstances were kind of extenuating), and his mom was involved somehow, like she was whispering venom or something I dunno.

e: reading through the history on that throwaway makes me kinda hope she didn't end up working things out. Like yeah that's a rare situation where it'd be reasonable to have doubts in an otherwise trusting relationship but apparently the guy stormed out of the hospital, went radio silence for 3 days, and literally moved out of their place. The doubts I can understand (and she did too) but when she's offering a possible explanation and proof there's really no need to go immediately for the nuclear option, at least wait for the test.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Mar 15, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That seems like a really understandable case of getting angry. If you don't know how genetics can work it really seems like she cheated. Obviously he shouldn't have been such an rear end in a top hat about it but that's the kind of situation where people aren't exactly rational.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The dude pretty clearly overreacted, but I feel like "the baby is born and doesn't look like either of us" is a fairly non-crazy reason for the paternity test, as opposed to "I read Reddit too long and have convinced myself that my partner must be cheating on me despite no evidence or even meaningful suspicion before this." Hope those two can work it out, or at least do their best to co-parent the kid.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
In her own words:

quote:

where did I say I expected him to be 100% cool with it? I'm upset at him screaming at me three minutes after I'd just spent 2 days in labour, broke up with me via text, moved all his stuff out before I got home from the hospital and then didn't answer any of my calls or texts for three days

She was okay with the test but that other poo poo is egregious.

e: I gotta say tho most of these paternity stories aren't really interesting just sad, basically if it's a lady is posting it's just a dude being an rear end in a top hat and if it's a dude posting their wife was cheating on them but the kid's is still his. Not really compelling drama so much as "well sucks to be you".

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Mar 15, 2017

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Barudak posted:

This is great

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
"You know, kiddo, the night you were born, your skin tone made me scream at your mother until our life together was irreparably damaged."

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Antivehicular posted:

The dude pretty clearly overreacted, but I feel like "the baby is born and doesn't look like either of us" is a fairly non-crazy reason for the paternity test, as opposed to "I read Reddit too long and have convinced myself that my partner must be cheating on me despite no evidence or even meaningful suspicion before this." Hope those two can work it out, or at least do their best to co-parent the kid.

Babies look like little wrinkled freaks and are known to dramatically change characteristics over time. I came out darker skinned than my white parents and with black hair that eventually disappeared and turned to blonde.

Guy should've been happy that he might actually have some soul in him. At the very least he could say "love, our baby is beautiful but I'm also feeling some doubt because she doesn't seem to look much like me. I wish I didn't feel this way but if we could have a paternity test done that would really put me at ease."

Or just nut up and raise the kid with the woman you love and wait for features to emerge that match yours.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'll be honest, I sorta skimmed the post, "she's really dark skinned compared to us with really curly hair" is pretty different from the "We're white, baby is black." in the title :v:

Also lol at him cutting contact, then threatening to cut contact if she didn't take a paternity test that she was more than happy to take. Dude's a nutjob

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Babies are loving gross and annoying; don't have them.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Barudak posted:

Holy poo poo this could be the future of something awful. I would pay cold hard cash for the chance to ruin some poor hapless guinea pig's life

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Okay I changed my mind, gently caress that guy

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Streak posted:

Go share your opinions with r/childfree they'll be appreciative and we can mock them in this thread. Everyone wins!!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Can I be arrested for possessing cheese in Florida?

quote:

So TIL that there's apparently a law in Florida that classifies anything containing "Tyramine" as a Schedule 1 drug. Tyramine is a common substance found in many foods, like cheese and chocolate. Oh, and in our bodies:

(c) Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation that contains any quantity of the following hallucinogenic substances or that contains any of their salts, isomers, including optical, positional, or geometric isomers, homologues, nitrogen-heterocyclic analogs, esters, ethers, and salts of isomers, homologues, nitrogen-heterocyclic analogs, esters, or ethers, if the existence of such salts, isomers, and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation or class description: 66. Tyramine (4-Hydroxyphenethylamine).

Complete text of the law
Here's what Wikipedia says about Tyramine:

Other foods containing considerable amounts of tyramine are chocolate; alcoholic beverages; and fermented foods, such as most cheeses (...), sour cream, yogurt, shrimp paste, soy sauce, soybean condiments, teriyaki sauce, tempeh, miso soup, sauerkraut, kimchi, broad (fava) beans, green bean pods, Italian flat (Romano) beans, snow peas, edamame, avocados, bananas, pineapple, eggplants, figs, red plums, raspberries, peanuts, Brazil nuts, coconuts, processed meat, yeast, an array of cacti and the holiday plant mistletoe.

Considering that Stilton cheese is very rich in tyramine, does that mean that a person carrying it could be lawfully arrested and convicted? Would the pleasant smell of old cheese left in the panel of my car during summer in Florida be probable cause for an officer to search my car and arrest me? What's wrong with Florida?

quote:

Yes, by the letter of the law, this cheese could net you some pretty serious charges. However, practically speaking, it's highly unlikely that a police officer would arrest someone for possessing cheese (or even know that this is a chemical found in cheese), and even more unlikely that any prosecutor would take on such a case. The statute requires that possession of this hallucinogenic substance take place willfully and knowingly; someone who possesses cheese for dietary/culinary purposes likely doesn't know about this chemical and has no criminal intent in doing so.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Play posted:

Babies look like little wrinkled freaks and are known to dramatically change characteristics over time. I came out darker skinned than my white parents and with black hair that eventually disappeared and turned to blonde.

Guy should've been happy that he might actually have some soul in him. At the very least he could say "love, our baby is beautiful but I'm also feeling some doubt because she doesn't seem to look much like me. I wish I didn't feel this way but if we could have a paternity test done that would really put me at ease."

Or just nut up and raise the kid with the woman you love and wait for features to emerge that match yours.

Yeah, I should probably clarify that I still think the dude was a crazy rear end in a top hat about it, and for that matter that judging by baby appearances should probably lead to thousands of paternity suits against Winston Churchill and goblins. I guess I was just grateful to see anything going on in the story besides "my wife is a loving partner and has never given me any reason to doubt her fidelity, and I can't wait to raise a family with her, but I've been reading on the Internet about how all women are cheating bitches..."

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Why can't these dudes just quietly get a few hairs or swab the inside of the baby's cheek and send that off for testing? Or maybe compare the baby's blood-type with yours.

I mean, It's like a parade of idiots blowing their lives up over nothing.

Milkshake Stranger
Feb 8, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

There's an update post but she deleted it, judging by the comments it looks like the dna test verified everything was on the up and up, dude apologized profusely and they're trying to work things out (the circumstances were kind of extenuating), and his mom was involved somehow, like she was whispering venom or something I dunno.

e: reading through the history on that throwaway makes me kinda hope she didn't end up working things out. Like yeah that's a rare situation where it'd be reasonable to have doubts in an otherwise trusting relationship but apparently the guy stormed out of the hospital, went radio silence for 3 days, and literally moved out of their place. The doubts I can understand (and she did too) but when she's offering a possible explanation and proof there's really no need to go immediately for the nuclear option, at least wait for the test.

Here is the update

[UPDATE]Me (26/F) and boyfriend (29/M) of three years just had our first baby. We're white, baby is black. I have a close black ancestor, but SO is furious and accusing me of cheating

quote:

Hey guys, ffirst of all I want to thank all the original commenters who helped me see my SO's side and calmed me down enough to take the test.

Well, the results are in and of course she's his. the whole process was absolutely ridiculous, I got an appointment with the doctor and texted SO the time and location, he didn't answer but showed up, and the entire time he didn't say ONE word to me, and he didn't want to touch or even look at baby, and left as soon as they'd taken his sample, despite the doctor asking him to stay so we could go over a few things. once he left I just broke down, and I must say the doctor was really nice, didn't judge me or accuse me of anything, just calmly went over how the test works, and told me babies are often born darker than they actually end up being. Baby was an absolute champ, barely fussed when they drew her blood.

I got the results yesterday. I texted SO the news and asked if he wanted to come over and open it with me. after almost half an hour he finally responded, yes he'd like to come over. I'm thinking he either sent it while on his way or he's not staying very far away because he was here in about 15 minutes. Well, we opened it and read the positive test together. he turned white like a sheet and then just started bawling, I had to shush him because he was crying so loudly.

and finally I got an explanation for his flip out. I mentioned in a comment on the old post that he was an only child to very old parents, his dad died a few years ago, and his mom lives alone a few hours drive from us. I haven't met her often, but she seemed pleasant enough. Turns out she hates me. absolutely hates my guts and always has, I had no idea about this. She's always acted kinda snobby, sure, but I had no idea she disliked me this much.

when SO called her to tell her the good news 8 months back when we discovered the pregnancy she started crying (he never told me this). and as the months passed she continued being super negative about the whole thing, and saying she doubted the baby was actually his, I was below them, poor people cheat because they're raised in a hosed up environment (WTF?!). and instead of talking to me about this, SO kept silent while constantly doubting me more and more. Baby being black just put the final nail in the coffin that his mother was right and I was a good for nothing, cheating bitch.

after telling me all this we just sat in silence for a while. finally he asked if he could hold baby. I was still angry as hell, but decided that holding her was his right, he's her father after all. I went and got her from her crib, let him have her, and he started crying again, which scared her and she started crying too. so they were just sitting there bawling together for a while. finally he stopped, handed her back and asked if he could come home.

I was kinda taken aback, I didn't expect him to just flat out ask that already. I laid out everything I said in the last thread, how insanely disrespectful and childish he'd been, how he'd horribly broken my trust, hadn't talked to me about his mom's poisonous and ignorant comments, completely ignores me for three days not telling me where he is or if he's even alive, and then he just waltzes in and wants to start living here again?

I told him if he ever wanted to have some inkling of a chance of mending the relationship we had to go to couple's therapy ASAP, from now on he will answer my calls and messages unless there's an emergency, he will not be staying here for a while and finally he needs tell his mom to back the gently caress off. she will not be seeing baby until she apologizes to me in person.

he immediately agreed, and finally told me how sorry he was for this whole fiasco. I'm not sure if I can forgive him for this, but I'm gonna try. we had an amazing life before this, and I hope that with a lot of work we can have it again. SO also finally told me that he was staying in a hostel, but it's not very expensive so he can stay there for a while longer.

baby is doing great considering how many stress hormones she must have been drinking from me these last few days. her hair is falling out, but the doctor told me it was normal and babies often lose most or all the hair they're born with. I'm hoping her new hair will grow in blonde, that would make her even cuter.

Thank you all for your help on the last thread, my mom agreed with many of you and thinks I'm absolutely nuts for trying to work things out, but I think it'd be best for everyone if we at least give it a shot, especially baby.
TL;DR: I'm not a lying whore, his mom is a bitch, we're trying to work things out.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Well in the case of newborns coming out you'd have to come up with a really good excuse to not put your name on the birth certificate. Once you start down that road and begin to take responsibility for the child family court will (rightfully) err on the side of the child's best interest in being raised by two adults who have taken care of the child.

In fact with no effort putting into the matter myself cause I'm lazy and tired I'd bet cases where a male is absolved of his parental responsibility after a DNA test are extremely rare if the biological father isn't asking to be involved.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Streak posted:

:getin:

ArbitraryC posted:

In her own words:

She was okay with the test but that other poo poo is egregious.

e: I gotta say tho most of these paternity stories aren't really interesting just sad, basically if it's a lady is posting it's just a dude being an rear end in a top hat and if it's a dude posting their wife was cheating on them but the kid's is still his. Not really compelling drama so much as "well sucks to be you".

Actually I love getting to read about these piece of poo poo guys owned when their wife leaves them.
For example:

quote:

men can never know if they're the father short of a paternity test.

I love it because I can see a guy saying this to his buddy while his seven year old is doing something.
"You never know dude"
"What? He's like, the spitting image of you, the eyes, the hair, the freckles.."
"Never know...."

and to me they're usually happy because anyone who is so goddman dense to subscribe to that lunacy is probably an rear end in a top hat and doing their partner a favour anyways. With respect to the above story it's a little different because his clearly insane mother was pulling the strings. I hope they can move past that because that situation suuuucks

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Mar 15, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"Sure my marriage is ruined, my life is a mess, I have to pay child support and lawyer fees, but at least I know for sure I'm not one of those cucks from those totally real internet stories :smugdog:"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Christ on a bike. She's being insanely generous not to demand he cut his mom the gently caress out. At least the (totally legit) "no granddaughter contact until she apologizes to me in person" clause will probably make the mom cut her own drat self out.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I [21M] am only still with my girlfriend [35F] because of her daughter [16F]

quote:

The story begins shortly after I moved out of my parents' house at the tender age of 18. One day I found myself being hit on by a beautiful woman, and ended up dating her. Turns out she was a 32 year old single mother of a 13 year old daughter we'll call Sabrina. I was young and crazy, so I said "Why not?"

Three months later I ended up moving in with her, and her Sabrina warmed up to me quickly. She soon told me she saw me like a brother (which is funny when I'm dating her mother). Fast forward 3 years and I really do love her like a sister.

The problem is I'm really starting to lose interest in my girlfriend. I can tell she sees me as nothing but a young piece of meat and an ATM. I'm beginning to notice other women a lot more. I have a couple of young female friends I might want to ask out. My self confidence is so much higher than it was when we got together.

I've been seriously thinking of leaving her for the last 2 months. I know I can't see myself being with her for life. I almost did it last weekend, but then I ended up spending all of Sunday with Sabrina while my girlfriend was gone for the day. I ended up telling Sabrina what I was thinking and she cried and begged me to stay. Now I'm at a complete loss about what to do.

tl;dr: I want to leave my girlfriend but would miss her daughter!

Hoo boy there's a lot of issues here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Paternity test guy should just give up the ghost because he's forever hosed in any argument.