Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I feel like my enjoyment went way up when I turned off assault/encounter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

This game is loving unplayable lately because of this stupid poo poo T25 Pilot marathon.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

This game is loving unplayable lately because of this stupid poo poo T25 Pilot marathon.

It was unplayable before this. Its been unplayable for 6 years.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

There's a series of videos that may explain whats happening to you
https://youtu.be/nbDEbSiamNg

E: lol
https://youtu.be/ZkxA_fAgOWI

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 15, 2017

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Barry posted:

it just depends on what tank you play sometimes depending on the tank its better to have them on for more open map chances

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

BadLlama posted:

It was unplayable before this. Its been unplayable for 6 years.

i do remember a much better gameplay experience including better team mates for the most part, before the 260 missions existed ever since then it hasnt been the same

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Turmoilx posted:

i didnt do any damage but im happy, sat around the middle whole game all invisible and stuff http://imgur.com/zVE9VOg

lol. just under 6k spotting damage in an arty? Was there a medal for that?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
What in the gently caress is it with the Rudy. All tier 7 and 8 matches, non-loving-stop.

This isn't fun at all :(

/edit:

NotWearingPants posted:

lol. just under 6k spotting damage in an arty? Was there a medal for that?

It's not an arty, it's an SU-122-54?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What in the gently caress is it with the Rudy. All tier 7 and 8 matches, non-loving-stop.

This isn't fun at all :(

357 can't come soon enough

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Oh. I thought you were in the Obj 261.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Prav posted:

I just don't get why it sees completely different tier-makeup in matches than the regular T-34-85...

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Prav posted:

Yeah I thought that a lot back when playing this game too, you forgot the decimal point though

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Control Volume posted:

Yeah I thought that a lot back when playing this game too, you forgot the decimal point though

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
When WG says "daily missions to unlock the t25 pilot", does "unlock" mean something different than "get"

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

When WG says "daily missions to unlock the t25 pilot", does "unlock" mean something different than "get"

I think when you "unlock" it you have to login to the game between some date range and then it gets delivered to you. If you unlock it and don't login I think you just get gold or credits or something.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I just don't get why it sees completely different tier-makeup in matches than the regular T-34-85...

Because gently caress you, that's why

Don't worry, beat the rush, just by daily complete missions from the premium shop so you can get your armorless rust pile

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

NotWearingPants posted:

Technically you don't "get" or "own" anything in the game. Your just quasi-kinda-sorta-leasing it from WG.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

"Hellsau_Did_Nothing_Wrong" would get a lot of the mediocre "good" players extremely riled up.

Don't tempt me, man!

serious gaylord posted:

I survived the first hit of the two encounters and my sixth sense didn't go off then. The 2nd time I got nuked by a Jgpze100 so I don't know if the sixth sense would have gone off, but I am 99% sure i wasn't spotted by anything. It was just two instances of being killed and going 'how in the????' I mean I'm sure I could have been really unlucky and a Jgpzr player decided to waste one of his shots in a purely speculative location that a TD would not normally be in.

My question was there anything that would give away my position if I hadn't been spotted, or indeed even fired. The first instance I was shot in the middle of an open field, before I'd even fired. I know theres stuff that tracks trees and scenery that you've run over, but I hadn't hit anything to do that either.

As Badllama alludes to...

BadLlama posted:

Were there spotted tanks directly behind you in these scenarios?

...the concealment mechanic in this game is such that if any vehicle fires, all the foliage in a 15 m circle around that vehicle becomes transparent. Even if you were concealed, a teammate could've fired and at least revealed himself, causing the enemy to send shots in your direction. That's not to say that's exactly what happened in your case, but we'd need to see replays to figure this out. Everything else is just speculative.

Von Humboldt posted:

Hopefully whatever was keeping clan invites from working got fixed. Can Gafencu get another invite to PANSY?

Also, tell me about the Japanese Heavy line. The O-I is a giant, pain in the rear end brick to pen with a bucket of HP and a brutal gun. (From what I can tell from personal experience and getting whapped by it.) I know the Types 4/5 are also super fat. These things appeal to me (Maus was the first line I completed,) but is the line generally fun to play?

Another invite sent to Gafencu, you can find me in-game today or tomorrow if you need more assistance.

Cartoon posted:

Prepare to be utterly amazed a second time!

You wanted the replay?

You got the replay!

http://wotreplays.com/site/3428410

I challenge goons to post a more pathetic effort. I seem to be attracting crap teams lately. That is just an egregious example of my typical games. It has almost certainly shaved a percent off my win rate. That makes me a little sceptical about the worth of win rate etc. in measuring a players skills. You get saddled with too much of this poo poo in a row and it is going to pound your stats into the dirt. Unlucky I guess. :shrug:

Also the Ikv 103 is possibly the uttermost craptacular tank I have encountered yet in this game. All of it's so called advantages are easily negated by it's many flaws. Only firing heat means that if you are lucky enough to actually hit something there is a high probability that you will do no damage what-so-ever. It makes the Type 91 and 93 on the Japanese heavy line look like mighty beasts of war.

To be fair, your team had both a rare AMX 40 and an extra-rare AMX 38. Those, and the SU-26 and Type 91 are essentially dead weight. Even the Pz1C struggles against tier 5s. That's not to say the players weren't bad, but there are just some glaring problems with those vehicles.

Also, yeah, the low-tier Ikvs are pretty crappy. HEAT-only is pretty bad but quite a few of those vehicles have cringe-worthy slow projectiles.

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

At least rolling around a 3x churchill III platoon is mildly amusing.

This is the only way to play the Churchill 3. :colbert:

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

My heart sinks when I see someone on my team with "sniper" in their username.

My heart sinks when I see anyone with "USMC" or "marine" or "1Cav" or anything like that in their username and/or clan. :(

Barry posted:

I tried Assault again recently and it's not bad. It's actually better to play than encounter.

Control Volume posted:

:stare:

:ohdear:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Uhhh

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/03/15/murazor-on-is-4-branch-changes/

The instrument of doom.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

oh hey they finally got around to it

i hope the is-4 gets back its 8° gun depression. and the S-70.

Prav fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 16, 2017

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Atomizer posted:

My heart sinks when I see anyone with "USMC" or "marine" or "1Cav" or anything like that in their username and/or clan. :(

They seem to get very perturbed when you point out that the US military always loses.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Prav posted:

oh hey they finally got around to it

i hope the is-4 gets back its 8° gun depression. and the S-70.

I'd be happy if the IS-4 got some armor. The thing is easier to pen than a loving IS-8 T-10 which is absurd.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

NotWearingPants posted:

They seem to get very perturbed when you point out that the US military always loses.

"gently caress you buddy I was a Tier One Operator Navy SEAL Ranger Force Recon Sniper Delta Air Force Commando in Panama!"

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

I'd be happy if the IS-4 got some armor. The thing is easier to pen than a loving IS-8 T-10 which is absurd.

even back when it was at its best i actually found its front plate to be a little disappointing. obviously the rest of the tank made up for that in spades, but sometimes it felt like it was driving around with a big hole in the front (it did! the mailbox slit had literally zero armor)

and since then we've had a shitload of pen creep

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Prav posted:

even back when it was at its best i actually found its front plate to be a little disappointing. obviously the rest of the tank made up for that in spades, but sometimes it felt like it was driving around with a big hole in the front (it did! the mailbox slit had literally zero armor)

and since then we've had a shitload of pen creep

Even in the glory days it still had that weakpoint, but anyone slightly competent in it could wiggle the tank a little and make it hard to hit. Or you'd just drive it into someone's face and they might not have the gun depression to nail it. Meanwhile it was able to drive a 130mm shell into someone every 10 seconds or so.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the hatch was just some cute trivia. the thing is that the front was simply 140 mm, and, well, sometimes people high-roll. AP had i think 8° normalization back then too.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Spam gold erryday.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

i farm damage i lose i dont mind http://wotreplays.com/site/3431167#winterberg-turmoilx-vk_72_01_k

http://wotreplays.com/site/3431166#mountain_pass-turmoilx-object_263 both of those battles were today (i do mind though because im going to buy another game to entertain me for a while)

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 16, 2017

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Spam gold erryday.

What was your total damage done and did you have any shells left at the end.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
I got this after Mountain Pass yesterday:

quote:

Beirut (3/14/2017 4:04:40 PM) Listen there
Beirut (3/14/2017 4:04:46 PM) I have contacted war gaming customer support
Beirut (3/14/2017 4:04:52 PM) regarding your accounts
Beirut (3/14/2017 4:05:05 PM) I do think it is important that they check your account for banned illicit mods
Beirut_ (3/14/2017 4:05:14 PM) and for game rules violations
Beirut_ (3/14/2017 4:05:36 PM) I strongly advise you that you make yourself aware of the fair game policy

AgentSmith got this:

quote:

Beirut (6:52:28 PM) How did you manage
Beirut (6:52:32 PM) to hit every single shell
Beirut (6:52:38 PM) this is abs ridiculous
Beirut (6:52:52 PM) I will contact war gaming and make sure u get investigated for banned illicit mods
Beirut_ (6:53:01 PM) its simply not fair on the rest of us
AgentSmithx2 (6:53:14 PM) LOL
Beirut (6:53:22 PM) You need to be aware
AgentSmithx2 (6:53:26 PM) its called i know how to play baddie
Beirut (6:53:28 PM) of the fair game policy
AgentSmithx2 (6:53:32 PM) LOL
AgentSmithx2 (6:53:35 PM) this is loving gold
Beirut (6:53:36 PM) I will push a case against you
AgentSmithx2 (6:53:38 PM) do it
Beirut (6:53:48 PM) I do think also
AgentSmithx2 (6:53:50 PM) this should be on reddit
Beirut (6:53:52 PM) you are running aim botting
AgentSmithx2 (6:53:55 PM) you are that loving stupid
Beirut (6:54:02 PM) what a brain washed human being
AgentSmithx2 (6:54:05 PM) also LOL 0 damage
Beirut (6:54:06 PM) or whats left out of you
Beirut (6:54:21 PM) I will report you for misconduct
AgentSmithx2 (6:54:27 PM) you are literally too stupid to live, so i suggest you hang yourself
Beirut (6:54:43 PM) I leave that
Beirut_ (6:54:44 PM) to you
AgentSmithx2 (6:54:46 PM) fyi, client side "hacks" like aimbots dont work. all this is server side
Beirut (6:54:49 PM) you deserve it
Beirut (6:55:03 PM) I will make sure war gaming gets a copy of this msg
Beirut (6:55:06 PM) hold on
its the e100 that did 0 dmg on mountain pass

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Okay team I guess I'll just shoot everything myself then. Total damage of the other 14 players is around 3200.

warcrimes posted:

AgentSmith got this:

lol nice work, all I did yesterday was get some shithead in an M48 to ban themselves. Oh no, the enemy team has more heavies! On Prokhorovka! With artillery! What is our team with six tier ten mediums supposed to do against that?

no but seriously if you guys have hacks that will allow me to hit the shots that I aim at enemy tanks that'd be nice I'm tired of just snapshotting everything.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

All I had was an IS-4 complain about me camping in my 50B because I didn't suicide myself to save his retarded rear end. End of battle stats for me: 5.7k damage, him: 1.3k damage.

Oh poo poo bud, sorry I was too busy winning the game that I missed seeing you die like an idiot (I totally saw).

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

good job hellsau you won unlike i would of done on a great game

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

good job hellsau you won unlike i would of done on a great game

Maybe you should play overpowered tanks instead of the VK7201h and Obj 263, which are both clearly not good enough.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Cartoon posted:

What was your total damage done and did you have any shells left at the end.

Whiffed a bunch of normal shells early, so when the carrying began, I was already out of regular and dipping into premium. poo poo got expensive pretty fast.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

warcrimes posted:

AgentSmith got this:

A case will be pushed against you... by top men. Top...men.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

This will all be worth it in the end, you'll all see...

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I'm scared to play anymore after my first game today was an ace/top gun in the SU-100M. It's fun to play.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3432072#cliff-falafal-su-100m1

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/game-events/weekend-mar16/

Pretty decent sale this weekend.

I think I'm skipping today's T25 mission. Too much basketball to watch and too much RNG for that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

warcrimes posted:

AgentSmith got this:

Why do people
hit enter
so much they
make posts like
this? It's loving
stupid.
Just type like a coherent human being and get your whole sentence out. *0 damage e100* Never mind, you're a window licker who's only goal in life is to not drown by looking up in a rain storm.

Hellsau posted:

lol nice work, all I did yesterday was get some shithead in an M48 to ban themselves. Oh no, the enemy team has more heavies! On Prokhorovka! With artillery! What is our team with six tier ten mediums supposed to do against that?

no but seriously if you guys have hacks that will allow me to hit the shots that I aim at enemy tanks that'd be nice I'm tired of just snapshotting everything.

I get tired of this. I wish people would just afk if they're going to gripe about it. Of course normally the ones that bitch about it are the first ones to die

Let's play a match on Serene Coast. All but me, a Cromwell, and a TD go east. They run into two heavies where they all, arty included, bog down fighting these two heavies while the whole rest of the other team heads west to the spot I'm at.
"loving morons on the hill, you guys suck"
"uninstall"
"lost game because of noobs on hill"
Yeah, whatever, 4 heavies and a mix of 8 arties, tds and mediums got held up and slaughtered by two heavies while 2 mediums and a td smashed a couple heavies and damaged a medium on the hill. I had to quit the game, that match hurt

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 16, 2017