Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's upsetting that it looks like a developer like Capcom never even considered bringing a budget game collection of NES titles to the Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Infinitum posted:

No I'm just putting quotes from the video.

I'm actually very happy to hear all that. Seriously considering grabbing it, but would have liked a discount for already owning BoI like 20 times already :qq:

Just get an emulator for your PC, or wait until the Switch gets homebrew happening :shrug:

Hell yeah my man, I love crime and stealing stuff. :rolleyes:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Speaking of party games, when does that Don't Know Jack party pack or whatever it is come out?

Jackbox Party Pack 3

None yet. It's an instabuy for me personally. Jackbox is so so good.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Louisgod posted:

Speaking of party games, when does that Don't Know Jack party pack or whatever it is come out?

No definitive date yet, hopefully soon.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

The duck tales remake was great. I'm interested in those remade. Not their roms for $20.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Hell yeah my man, I love crime and stealing stuff. :rolleyes:

:same:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

The duck tales remake was great. I'm interested in those remade. Not their roms for $20.

Agreedo.
Remakes are cool and good and should be supported, which is why Blaster Master Zero is so loving good. Modern day NES game.

Boring rear end ROMs with tacked on time trial modes for 20 year old games? Not so much.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

parallelodad posted:

It's upsetting that it looks like a developer like Capcom never even considered bringing a budget game collection of NES titles to the Switch.

Now that the Switch has sold well companies will hopefully start looking at it!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rare Replay should be ported to Switch. Seeing how it was primarily Nintendo games to begin with :colbert:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Infinitum posted:

Rare Replay should be ported to Switch. Seeing how it was primarily Nintendo games to begin with :colbert:

Just Jet Force Gemini, but with motion-aiming

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That is a funny way to spell Blast Corps

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wendell posted:

Now that the Switch has sold well companies will hopefully start looking at it!

Theres more to it. If publishers feel that nintendo owners only buy nintendo games on that platform they may still de prioritize the switch

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

It might well be Nintendo not wanting it on the Switch to canabalized the future vc sales.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Louisgod posted:

Talked to them at PAX East, it's done but there's some holdup, it'll be out soon. Also the dude played it in a bar tethered to his phone (because it's like the other games, needs Internet to play) and it worked perfectly so that's cool.

minusX fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 15, 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FYI the disney thing was what DigitalEclipse proposed to Capcom as a collection before the MM Legacy Collection. Switch might not have even existed when it was being done, as I imagine licensing and getting original artwork from the original games was the major process.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bombadilillo posted:

It might well be Nintendo not wanting it on the Switch to canabalized the future vc sales.

These games would be a licensing nightmare to put on virtual console. And they already allowed Mega Man legacy collection on 3DS

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Phantasium posted:

FYI the disney thing was what DigitalEclipse proposed to Capcom as a collection before the MM Legacy Collection. Switch might not have even existed when it was being done, as I imagine licensing and getting original artwork from the original games was the major process.

I'm curious. I know the Legacy Collection was considered a cut above other retro re-releases, but what exactly made it better than, say, virtual console versions of these games?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tons of challenge modes, boss rushes, time attacks, lots of concept art, full manual scans, ability to play NES or famicom versions

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
Heads up to anyone else still looking for a Pro controller; I was just able to order one at B&H Photo.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

parallelodad posted:

Tons of challenge modes, boss rushes, time attacks, lots of concept art, full manual scans, ability to play NES or famicom versions

They also went to the trouble to find the CRTs that the original devs were using for development of the MM games and went and made their CRT mode based on them. It probably won't do anything for you if you're opposed to filters on any game like Jeff Gerstmann but it has to be the most accurate CRT filter I've ever seen.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

parallelodad posted:

Yeah, just having access to all the high quality art scans made it worth it to me. Plus all the challenges/remixes were fun. Together with a retrogames thread level of detail to the emulation. It made it worth Paying For ROMs, even on PC.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

I was not aware! I will have to check it (and the disney collection) out, then. That's pretty awesome.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The problem I had with the megaman legacy collection is that after playing the Zero games so many gotdang times I find the old megamans to be unplayably inferior. RIP

Also why the heck is Lego City Undercover full price when the game is already a Nintendo Select. I kinda want it, still...

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Jimmy Hats posted:

The problem I had with the megaman legacy collection is that after playing the Zero games so many gotdang times I find the old megamans to be unplayably inferior. RIP

Also why the heck is Lego City Undercover full price when the game is already a Nintendo Select. I kinda want it, still...

MM2 is a perfect game imo

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Earth Table posted:

I'm curious. I know the Legacy Collection was considered a cut above other retro re-releases, but what exactly made it better than, say, virtual console versions of these games?

It was reasonably priced.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

IAmKale posted:

Hey, if you've been trying to join the Nintengoons Discord server but were unable to see anything but a blank #welcome channel, try again. Discord did something funky recently with channel permissions, making the auth channel completely hidden to unauthenticated users. It's been resolved, though, so come on in!

went into the waiting room and typed the requisite !authme message and nothing

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
My order with Walmart has a status of "undefined" so I hope it doesn't get cancelled :ohdear:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Rubiks Pubes posted:

My order with Walmart has a status of "undefined" so I hope it doesn't get cancelled :ohdear:

It won't get cancelled.

It also will never be fulfilled

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

KidDynamite posted:

I'm seriously considering buying another switch because my fiance and I are each being fucks about Zelda schedules.

Just use the Parental Control phone app to limit their profile's play time.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://gematsu.com/2017/03/media-create-sales-3617-31217
2nd week Japanese sales are out.

Switch sold nearly 62k units in the second week in Japan. First week was 330k

It's only a data point this early on, but this is similar to PS4 and Vita in terms of sales. They're definitely not doing 3DS numbers, and even that prompted a price cut.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

FireMrshlBill posted:

Just use the Parental Control phone app to limit their profile's play time.

System wide, not per profile. Sucks.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Blaster Master Zero update out.

Pro controller support enabled :toot:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Dehry posted:

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/media-create-sales-3617-31217
2nd week Japanese sales are out.

Switch sold nearly 62k units in the second week in Japan. First week was 330k

It's only a data point this early on, but this is similar to PS4 and Vita in terms of sales. They're definitely not doing 3DS numbers, and even that prompted a price cut.

Is it still supply constrained over there too?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah same. I have every other platform listed but drat this would be great on the switch.
Before with multiplatform games, I'd I'd usually think "well, might as well get it for the PS4" because it probably has better graphics and more people online.

Now I'm thinking "I'd love to take this game on the go!" and want it for the Switch, even if it has shortcomings in places.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Katana Gomai posted:

Writing a ten-paragraph essay about it might be, tbh
:what: I spent a literal minute to write a post on a discussion board

Katana Gomai posted:

I still think you might have autism (yay)
Is this still not probatable? (boo)

Do you want to call me a racial slur and maybe a gay slur too? Go on, get it out of your system.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Milkman posted:

Yeah, it's pretty much sold out everywhere. Places are getting in trickles that sell out right away. Nintendo figured by the end of march they could reach 2 million units sold but current numbers, mid-March, puts total sold already at 1.5 million

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The Milkman posted:

I see a site claiming it's being rationed as the reason the sales are so low, but the Media Create numbers are just raw sales at retail. It's going to take a few more weeks of sales data to see if that is true.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If they could make them, they'd have sold 2 million by now probably. Would be interesting to see how many they can make a month. They have to get Switches out to people now as well as build up a big stock for the holidays.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cojawfee posted:

If they could make them, they'd have sold 2 million by now probably. Would be interesting to see how many they can make a month. They have to get Switches out to people now as well as build up a big stock for the holidays.

I'm just going to assume if you want a Switch for the holidays, you should buy one early because it'll probably be impossible to find one post September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

The Bloop posted:

:what: I spent a literal minute to write a post on a discussion board

Is this still not probatable? (boo)

Do you want to call me a racial slur and maybe a gay slur too? Go on, get it out of your system.

Autism confirmed.

• Locked thread