Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I actually kind of liked the idea that the zords were something they owned and kept like a Transformer. After the first episode the cars got gigantic and were never seen at normal size again.

One thing I do miss that leaves with this season is everybody inserting some kind of crystal key to make the transformation. "Rangers, power up your crystals!"

I assume Blue Senturion's homeworld is a bit of a.... :hurr: police state?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean

Looking at Dino Thunder

Tommy kind of was pretty loving low key super villain evil there.

Literally everything came about because of him and all of it was due to him. Let's sum it up here- he was developing his own super secret Ranger powers, while investigating technology that would allow him to create monsters like Mesagog and the MOTW, and cybernetic stuff like Zeltrax, staffed by his robot army, while he grew an army's worth of bio mechanical Zords, all from his SECRET ISLAND FORTRESS.

The only thing Mesagog did was kick him off the island and co-opt all but most of the Ranger technology. Everything else was poo poo Tommy was doing in his free time.

Are we REALLY sure Tommy isn't still evil and just pretending?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cernunnos posted:

Caranger kinda saved Sentai at the time.

Turbo almost killed Power Rangers.

That was a rumor that's since been debunked, Ohranger's toy sales actually did fairly well in Japan and Carranger's weren't that much higher. Hell, if you want a show that actually almost ended the franchise look at Fiveman (and if you go back further JAKQ literally did kill the series until Toei cut a deal with Marvel and revived it later with Battle Fever J. You actually have the Japanese Spider-Man show to thank for why modern Sentai, and by association, Power Rangers even exists today).

You're right about Turbo though, which is why they pretty much just went for broke with In Space (and later, RPM).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 18, 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Only a few more episodes until Turbo Mk II

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh snap, we're at the new replacements already.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Carlos is right. Best player gets the most playing time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh man, I forgot Carlos was into her. It'll suck when he loses to a blond alien.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ashley and Carlos were a thing? Seems like they completely dropped that by In Space.

Edit: 4 goals in soccer? That's...actually kind of a gutsy bet.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
One of those high school students have a drat handle bar mustache

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Here's some dirt on Ashley's actress, from an interview with JYB:

quote:

16. Is it true that you once dated Tracy Lynn Cruz?

yep

19. What was your relationship with Tracy Lynn Cruz?

okay here's the dirt
i haven't told anyone online yet. she used me. we were dating and I introduced her to the producers and as soon as she got the part she dumped me. I'm not bitter, i just don't like her she cheated on me the whole time we were together. but i'm glad it happened. the whole experience turned out for the better on my part. Oh and Tracy, if you're reading this...you owe me over $6000 for the mustang you took from me and never paid for. I don't hate her, i just don't like her.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Kamen Rider Elgar!

It's lines like "and they say green guys can't dance" that got Adam all those anime roles.

And I forgot Carlos used to be a douchebag???

E: we didn't even see the monster die!!!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"Should've known we'd have a detonator to deal with."

Ahh, leaning on the fourth wall. :allears:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

These twitch clips are random as hell, that's literally just the first 30 seconds of the MMPR OP

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Cassie was the cooler girl anyway.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Tae posted:

These twitch clips are random as hell, that's literally just the first 30 seconds of the MMPR OP

People were spamming "AHHHHH" with each season one opening. I think it was voted in just so the meme didn't have to die.

I made an equally bizarre clip during last night's Zeo run (black guy Alien Ranger steps off UFO, is seen by Bulk & Skull in their cop uniforms, screaming ensues) but I have no idea how to submit it for rotation.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 18, 2017

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Some Numbers posted:

Ashley and Carlos were a thing? Seems like they completely dropped that by In Space.

Edit: 4 goals in soccer? That's...actually kind of a gutsy bet.

Four goals is not that unusual. Hard to do, but not that rare.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Fake Salty Kimberly loses her shot because her main competitor has a nemesis who put a bomb in her dance tape.

Power Rangers.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Great job Stone, blame the girl for theft while you let literal chimps handle your cash.

edit: speaking of chimps, that stock monkey sound was used for the horrifying ape monsters in Silent Hill 4 and it's pretty unnerving here

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

How long does the monkey saga last for? Like, is this gonna end as soon as the ranger switch happens or should I expect it to last 'till near the second base destruction?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

How long does the monkey saga last for? Like, is this gonna end as soon as the ranger switch happens or should I expect it to last 'till near the second base destruction?

They come back about the time Divatox's brother shows up and moves her into outer space.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oh, so they repeat twitch clips now.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
For four months the last image everyone had of this show was Tommy stomping on Blue Senturion like a spider. Bold choice.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

this got vore-y real fast

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

This piranhatron song was shockingly cool :psyduck:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I expect that tongue will be in the clip reel by Lightspeed.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

This piranhatron song was shockingly cool :psyduck:

it sounded like a somehow even dweebier knockoff of primus

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This episode... owns?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Man, this fly stuff is taking a toll on Tommy's mind. No wonder he's ready to retire.

I GUESS BULK AND SKULL DIED AND BECAME GHOSTS??

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 18, 2017

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pirate Eyepatch Factory.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Man...she improves by the time PRiS rolls around...but Cassie's actress doesn't start out all that good.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i remember absolutely dick about post-zeo power rangers but for some reason i just had a really distinct memory that cassie was my favorite while she was around but i can't remember anything about her

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"When did you learn to fight [cassie]?"
" shrug My ancestors invented that."

Oh.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
How many episodes until Mad Mike, aka the best episode of Turbo?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'd like to think that the twitch chat is less salty about Tommy leaving compared to Justin staying. :allears:

Also, did I miss a scene by not paying attention? It kinda looked like a normal two-parter and then at the last scene they just looked at the new rangers before the "ceremony" started.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Fuuuuck. This is a pretty good group of rangers, actually, but what a gut-punch to replace so many at once.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'd like to think that the twitch chat is less salty about Tommy leaving compared to Justin staying. :allears:

People were just happy to use AYAYAYAYAYAY again

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i can't believe bulk and skull are poltergiests

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Well the switchover occurred, but we still have freaking Justin on the team

Also invisible Bulk & Skull for reasons I don't understand

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Well the switchover occurred, but we still have freaking Justin on the team

Also invisible Bulk & Skull for reasons I don't understand

The monkeys asked Haim for an extra banana.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Also no more freaking "detonator" plots from the looks of things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

bulk and skull instantly using their invisibility to make cash is why bulk and skull are the best characters ever