Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

GunnerJ posted:

This works pretty well but can't do anything about the fact that I apparently need to have colonized a planet to do anything with them, which is cool because the pre-sentients I found are on an arid world and so are perfect for colonizing all the arid worlds I can't colonize.
I know your pain. Build some robits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Oh poo poo, good call thanks.

eta: it's still pretty weird to me that it's not just an observation station mission though.

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 18, 2017

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
huzzah to more robits being built!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

So the religious crazy fallen empire declared war on the isolationist materialist fallen empire and wiped their fleets out. Seeing an opportunity I sent my fleet to the south and got there exactly as they were doing the final push against the materialists' ringworld. I time my entry to arrive on their flank as they're engaging the fortresses, manage to do enough damage to their fleet to drive them off, then begin cleanup, as I do, the other two empires who declared opportunistic wars to claim a piece of the ring warp their fleets in from two other sides and start heading to claim the ring. I declare war on them because gently caress off it's my goddamn ring. Manage to fight their fleets off and my fed bud goes to start wrecking their space. I manage to capture the entire fallen empire, declare a clean peace with everyone else i pissed off except the evangelist FE, but I now have one intact ringworld and two damaged ones, have secured my southern flank, and managed to get a hold of psi jump drive technology, which... could be interesting as I have everyone locked to hyperlanes.

This game creates some super cool events.

E: Oh, poo poo... I have a forced truce with the people I was fighting to control the ring. That means they also get to scan the debris from the battles...

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 18, 2017

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dog Kisser posted:

Makin' robits

You have no idea how much I want to pet that bot and boop its snoot (screen?) :3:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I'm having a hardy time finding species to enslave that can take the climate on my planets. Can i eventually genetically manipulate my fringe world slaves to handle my core worlds climate?

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
My sectors have a couple of planets they aren't building anything on. They have an energy and mineral stockpile (over 1k) and are happily building on other planets but just seem to decide to ignore a couple of planets? This seems to happen if I immediately give them a colony, they wont build until they can upgrade the initial colony building, but with some they just keep not building.

How do I fix this?

Is there a guide to how to use sectors nowadays? Googling just brings up stuff from release and I think they have been changed since.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Neopie posted:

I mean, isn't it because he's repurposing assets from other stuff in weird ways to make these models, iirc?

Not that that's bad, but potentially problematic for seelling stuff.

I thought he was only repurposing stellaris assets?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

ITs been a while since I checked in. Do we have any ETA on the next big patch? I've been itching for a game, but it seems like a lot of changes were floating around a while ago.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Cyrano4747 posted:

ITs been a while since I checked in. Do we have any ETA on the next big patch? I've been itching for a game, but it seems like a lot of changes were floating around a while ago.

April 6.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Utopia is coming April 6th, so I assume the accompanying patch will release at the same time

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

OwlFancier posted:

E: Oh, poo poo... I have a forced truce with the people I was fighting to control the ring. That means they also get to scan the debris from the battles...

Debris is empire unique, you only get to research tech from battles you fought.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dongattack posted:

I'm having a hardy time finding species to enslave that can take the climate on my planets. Can i eventually genetically manipulate my fringe world slaves to handle my core worlds climate?
Yes, it costs 0 points but you need at least one unused gene point for a species to open that species in the interface. You'll get a bonus gene point when you unlock genetic engineering. You won't need the unused gene point for 0 point changes post patch.

Theswarms posted:

My sectors have a couple of planets they aren't building anything on. They have an energy and mineral stockpile (over 1k) and are happily building on other planets but just seem to decide to ignore a couple of planets? This seems to happen if I immediately give them a colony, they wont build until they can upgrade the initial colony building, but with some they just keep not building.

How do I fix this?
They won't build unless they have a free pop to put on it. Are there any pops on the planet other than the one on the colony building? If there are, it might also be saving up for a space station. Build the planet's station yourself, queue up the upgrades, then turn off space and robot construction for that sector for a day or so. Should queue up a bunch of buildings.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

PittTheElder posted:

Debris is empire unique, you only get to research tech from battles you fought.

Well either way everyone piled in and snapped up debris, so I assume everyone now has access to the tech.

Also, it turns out that demanding other species cleanse their worlds counts as genocide, so now my ally has -500 relations with me and broke the federation.

Sooooo I'm gonna have to 'liberate' the poo poo out of them.

I was trying to play a relatively nice empire this time but gently caress it, if the galaxy is full of dickheads I'm gonna be a dickhead too.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Dog Kisser posted:

Makin' robits
This is good and adorable and the best bit is any species could produce a robot like that. Since we don't have hooks to even mod species specific robots, I'm actually pretty excited for something that looks as good as this to be a universal robot replacement in the meantime.

This matters to me more than it should, so keep up the fantastic work!

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Splicer posted:

They won't build unless they have a free pop to put on it. Are there any pops on the planet other than the one on the colony building? If there are, it might also be saving up for a space station. Build the planet's station yourself, queue up the upgrades, then turn off space and robot construction for that sector for a day or so. Should queue up a bunch of buildings.

Had 6 or so pops working squares with no buildings. 1k in the sectors mineral bank. Restarted the game, threw another 1k at them and they promptly spent the lot.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Eiba posted:

This is good and adorable and the best bit is any species could produce a robot like that. Since we don't have hooks to even mod species specific robots, I'm actually pretty excited for something that looks as good as this to be a universal robot replacement in the meantime.

This matters to me more than it should, so keep up the fantastic work!

CommissarMega posted:

You have no idea how much I want to pet that bot and boop its snoot (screen?) :3:

I legit was not trying to make something cute because I don't really have a plan when I'm making these, I just jam stuff together, but I'm glad you like em'! I'd like to do a variety of robot types, but I'll see what I can make look good in practice. Regardless, there'll be a variety of different colorations and stuff.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

OwlFancier posted:

I was trying to play a relatively nice empire this time but gently caress it, if the galaxy is full of dickheads I'm gonna be a dickhead too.

Welcome to playing correctly.

Being a collectivist who wholly eschews diplomacy is honestly way more fun.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

demanding other species cleanse their worlds

a relatively nice empire

I mean, relatively, but given the norm for this game...

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

PittTheElder posted:

Welcome to playing correctly.

Being a collectivist who wholly eschews diplomacy is honestly way more fun.

Gonna miss my ironman playthrough with the new expansion. Nothing like singlehandedly crushing two Awakened, one Fallen Empire as well as The Unbidden just for kicks while this plays quietly in the background...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp5xGLj1RME

Still, with Utopia giving actual pops that don't blindly follow you, I guess I'm ready to move on to other things.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 19, 2017

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Why can't I warp to that planet? The empires north and south of it closed their borders to me, but that planet is unclaimed. I can visit planets that are almost within their borders. I'm using warp drive II. Why is this one denying me my sweet, sweet survey xp?

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Korgan posted:

Why can't I warp to that planet? The empires north and south of it closed their borders to me, but that planet is unclaimed. I can visit planets that are almost within their borders. I'm using warp drive II. Why is this one denying me my sweet, sweet survey xp?

Does your ship have crappy engines? It probably doesn't have a valid path it can take to get there. If thats the case, upgrading it's warp drive will probably let it reach it.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

JuniperCake posted:

Does your ship have crappy engines? It probably doesn't have a valid path it can take to get there. If thats the case, upgrading it's warp drive will probably let it reach it.
Isn't the orange dotted line the engine range? In which case, the system is very much within range.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

CrazyTolradi posted:

Isn't the orange dotted line the engine range? In which case, the system is very much within range.

Yeah if you look at the picture you can see the bright green highlighted ship is my science vessel, the orange circle is that ship's warp range. Well within range, not allowed to warp for some reason.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Korgan posted:

Yeah if you look at the picture you can see the bright green highlighted ship is my science vessel, the orange circle is that ship's warp range. Well within range, not allowed to warp for some reason.

That's pretty weird then for sure.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I've had pathing failures with jump drives, too. Hyper lane universe, closed borders blocking lane access to destination that was unblocked and in range, but the ship refused to go there.

Also, be careful vassalising rivals, you're likely to end up with a vassal with the closed borders malus that can't be removed because the button to open borders is disabled. Liberate then vassalise!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Dog Kisser posted:

Makin' robits

I never let my species build robots, but damnit if this doesn't make me want to change my mind. :perfect:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Speaking of robots, anyone ever had a situation where you agree to be a Materialist AE satellite, and can't build any robots? It said they dismantled my droids and would let me build robots but I only have the (banned) option to build droids...

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop
Is there some trick to getting fleets to bombard a Prethoryn infested primitive civ in your own territory? They jumped into part of my empire and got marmalised, but not before occupying a primitive civ I had within my borders, and now I can't dislodge the fuckers. Known bug, or am I being dumb? I have 150,000 points worth of fleets in orbit, doing nothing. The primitives are being purged by the Prethoryn, and ideally I'd like to save a nucleus of them before they're all gone.

e; the instant they'd purged the locals, they were obliviated and I got the victory message. Seems the policy of non-intervention in primitive affairs extends to not preventing them being butchered by intergalactic pod things.

Flopstick fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 19, 2017

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Flopstick posted:

Is there some trick to getting fleets to bombard a Prethoryn infested primitive civ in your own territory? They jumped into part of my empire and got marmalised, but not before occupying a primitive civ I had within my borders, and now I can't dislodge the fuckers. Known bug, or am I being dumb? I have 150,000 points worth of fleets in orbit, doing nothing. The primitives are being purged by the Prethoryn, and ideally I'd like to save a nucleus of them before they're all gone.

I think as it stands you can only invade with your ground troops, but be warned it'll still count as invading primitives and everyone will hate you for it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Freudian posted:

I mean, relatively, but given the norm for this game...

I kind of thought that was just "relocate" not "kill all you are selves"

I figured if I wanted to genocide people I would actually have to break out the death squads and couldn't do it just by asking them to.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I kind of thought that was just "relocate" not "kill all you are selves"

I figured if I wanted to genocide people I would actually have to break out the death squads and couldn't do it just by asking them to.

My dude. My guy. It's "cleanse planet" of an alien ethnicity. It is literally ethnic cleansing.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

Dongattack posted:

Yeah, that's totally an option.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Sorry to keep spamming pictures, just playing with colour differences.

edit: vvv Sure, will do!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 19, 2017

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Dog Kisser posted:

I think the yellow one could do with a darker plating, like the red?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Dog Kisser is the real MVP

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Freudian posted:

My dude. My guy. It's "cleanse planet" of an alien ethnicity. It is literally ethnic cleansing.
"Literally ethnic cleansing" includes forced relocation, though, which is what he thought it was.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Dog Kisser posted:

edit: vvv Sure, will do!

Oh my gosh the pink one has a heart for an eye :kimchi:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Grizzwold posted:

Oh my gosh the pink one has a heart for an eye :kimchi:

I know right?! :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Wiz. Wiz.

Please put this in the game man come on please.

Lookit that beautiful stuff.

Lookit this game that doesnt actually support it.

Fix it, you know you want to.

• Locked thread