Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

I kind of feel like writing this company a letter to find out how this came to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I had some home made peanut butter hummus that was just hummus with peanut butter instead of tahini. It tasted just like peanut butter except it was much fluffier. Sweet hummus can definitely work.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
DO you still put the olive oil in too? Sounds kind of weird.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

rodbeard posted:

I had some home made peanut butter hummus that was just hummus with peanut butter instead of tahini. It tasted just like peanut butter except it was much fluffier. Sweet hummus can definitely work.
How do you get from "peanut butter hummus is good" to "sweet hummus can be good"?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

zedprime posted:

Serious question, how do you even tell? Is it inborn as a canadian?

That color is off, basically it's "fancy" amber and while still "Grade A" because it's ALL "Grade A" now that's one of the worst classes of maple syrup. You want first boil, which is more complicated.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Throatwarbler posted:

DO you still put the olive oil in too? Sounds kind of weird.

No olive oil, but they include tahini for some reason.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Tiggum posted:

How do you get from "peanut butter hummus is good" to "sweet hummus can be good"?

American peanut butter is a somewhat peanut-flavored candy spread

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Again, if it's a "spread" I'm fully on board. It's the Tahini+Chickpea base for the flavoring that kills me.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Tiggum posted:

I dunno. I've used peanut butter in hummus before when I ran out of tahini and it gave it nuttiness without making it sweet or anything. It wasn't all that different.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
peanut butter without any sugar is so much better than the sweetened stuff

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Not sure how to feel about this:
https://twitter.com/_youhadonejob1/status/843651162645696514

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yLpc7n_8Y8

quote:

Ingredienser:
1 pizzakit (med färdig deg och pizzasås)
1/2 gul lök
1 burk tonfisk
Mango chutney
Jordnötter
Riven ost
Curry
Salt
Peppar
Pizzakrydda
Olja

The General has a new favorite as of 04:07 on Mar 20, 2017

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I was confused for a minute before I realized that putting peanut butter in hummus is exactly the same as just putting peanuts with your chickpeas before you blend it. Then I realized peanut butter isn't just peanuts.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Throatwarbler posted:

I was confused for a minute before I realized that putting peanut butter in hummus is exactly the same as just putting peanuts with your chickpeas before you blend it. Then I realized peanut butter isn't just peanuts.

Sesame Street lied to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l3_HC8EAV4

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Throatwarbler posted:

Then I realized peanut butter isn't just peanuts.
It is if it's good peanut butter.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Apparently if you keep the good kind of peanut butter upside down you don't have to stir it

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
There's no need for sweet hummus. Either have hummus or have a cookie. Some things are just not inherently healthy; you're more likely to have healthy eating habits if you just have a cookie once or twice a week instead of a horrible fusion abortion that's "healthy" all the time.

Add that to the fact that this is a REALLY GROSS IDEA. I would try it, sure, but it won't taste like hummus. It'll taste like bobo cookie butter. If you make hummus correctly, there's no way a sweet version could be good. :colbert:

Have hummus rules. Love the hummus rules. They exist for our protection.

CuteStorm
Sep 22, 2010
I stumbled upon this abomination at the grocery store. Have we no decency?
!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

angerbeet posted:

Apparently if you keep the good kind of peanut butter upside down you don't have to stir it

If this is true you have made me a happy man.

And sweet bean things are all over Asia. Go eat some Doraemon pancakes.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yeah I don't know if it's fake peanut butter news or whatever but so I am told, I don't eat a lot of it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

quote:

Ingredienser:
1 pizzakit (med färdig deg och pizzasås)
1/2 gul lök
1 burk tonfisk
Mango chutney
Jordnötter
Riven ost
Curry
Salt
Peppar
Pizzakrydda
Olja

https://youtu.be/nytWAFKZJwE

Yeah sounds right

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

CuteStorm posted:

!

Dinosaur shaped nuggets, just so we dont get sued for not using real dinosaur.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

angerbeet posted:

I tried this with a jar of tahin recently. All that happened was eventually the oil bubbled to the upturned bottom.

On the other hand we've taken to making our own peanut butter and we're not getting any separation at all. Possibly because we don't give it any time to separate.

My Lovely Horse has a new favorite as of 10:53 on Mar 20, 2017

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

There's no need for sweet hummus. Either have hummus or have a cookie. Some things are just not inherently healthy; you're more likely to have healthy eating habits if you just have a cookie once or twice a week instead of a horrible fusion abortion that's "healthy" all the time.

Add that to the fact that this is a REALLY GROSS IDEA. I would try it, sure, but it won't taste like hummus. It'll taste like bobo cookie butter. If you make hummus correctly, there's no way a sweet version could be good. :colbert:

Don't be a hummus Himmler.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
In Israel people have cookies with hummus

Fact.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Synthbuttrange posted:

Dinosaur shaped nuggets, just so we dont get sued for not using real dinosaur.

All chicken nuggets are (extant) dinosaur nuggets, even if you use mechanically separated (extant) dinosaurs

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Well that's just horrible

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Friends

I'm not doing anything special tonight

I'm going to make this brownie batter hummus and see if it's great or gross

Namaste

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Lidl's rotating stock is one of the purest forms of joy in my life, but I don't lead a very interesting life. I love doing my weekly shopping and seeing what new stuff they got. Sometimes it's great, I can get maple syrup or retsina on the cheap and sometimes it's corn and beans on bread. I like it when it's American week so I can judge them for their misrepresentation of my homeland.

What's more American than hot dogs in a jar? Or tiny pancakes? (Seriously though, that's a great deal on maple syrup, my other grocery store sells it for more than double).
GIS for Lidl (nationality of your choice) week for some hot takes on what it is foreigners eat.

What country are you in? I'm in the Netherlands and our Lidl's (and grocery stores in general) are so tiny compared to the wondrous ones in Germany or France. We get only a small fraction of what the Germans or the French get, stock wise.

Lidl is building a store in Richmond, VA that will open later this year and a bunch of others in the mid-atlantic states that will be bigger than the european stores. Just like there are Aldi stores all over parts of the US now.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Were it that images could be thread titles.

In other news:

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Megabound posted:

Do you guys not have Ovalteenies?

:australia: things I had in my lunchbox at primary school dot jay peg

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

rear end struggle posted:

In Israel people have cookies with hummus

Fact.

I hope you're telling me that You Don't Mess With the Zohan is real. (jk it is, kind of!)

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

CuteStorm posted:

!

Is this from the South? Because it strikes me as something from the south.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Panfilo posted:

Is this from the South? Because it strikes me as something from the south.

Nope. Fosters is a west coast company and that "Civil War Series" you see as an ad is actually Oregon v. Oregon State.

psutify
Oct 19, 2012

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

I don't think I ever posted this but this came up on my fb feed a while ago

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I feel like this is less offensive than literal cookie hummus but ymmv

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GoutPatrol posted:

If this is true you have made me a happy man.

And sweet bean things are all over Asia. Go eat some Doraemon pancakes.

Yeah, it's true. Man I miss good peanut butter, haven't seen it outside of the States.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255