Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rookersh posted:

The game ends without finishing up the core plotline, and instead plops out a "The story continues with DLC."

I knew a lot about what they were doing with the Kett, and even the things they used to further explain the ME3 ending ( please avoid this, it ruins the og series entirely ), but even I didn't know that.

bullshit. you have to be joking. please tell me they arnt that loving stupid. how did they ruin the OGs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

did he rush it?

It didn't... seem like it? He wasn't skipping any cutscenes and was giving thought to the dialogue options when I watched the ending stream for half an hour.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

If the game seriously ends on a DLC hook I will not be surprised because DA:I exists be mildly disgruntled

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

buglord posted:

So uh, where do i go next for the mass effect itch then

Mars War Logs, and Technomancer, from noted developers Spiders.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Zelder posted:

If the game seriously ends on a DLC hook I will not be surprised because DA:I exists be mildly disgruntled

It does. This guy menacingly shows up for a little bit. http://i.imgur.com/mk0TWA0.jpg

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Drifter posted:

Mars War Logs, and Technomancer, from noted developers Spiders.

those are ok but holy poo poo are they clunky as poo poo.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Rookersh posted:

even the things they used to further explain the ME3 ending

:lol:

How fuckin mad do you think Mac Walters was when no one liked his piece of poo poo ending

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

CottonWolf posted:

Yeah. The games great, but it would have been greatly served by having the Novigrad section being about a 10th as long as it is.

Novigrad was terrible because you had to track down Your Good Friend Dandelion. I would have liked to say "gently caress Dandelion" and have the game send me on some other sidequests instead, the bald spy guy could say "Dandelion's dead because of you, pulled 'is body up from the swamp this morning we did" and I could say "OK."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so basicaly everyone good left after DA2 or is working on DA 4 so they hired the dumb gently caress who wrote halo 4.

pretty much

You kill Big Evil Kett in the final mission, and after the credits there is a scene where ANOTHER Big Evil Kett is looking at the situation from some space ship before turning and walking away, gotta get that sequel/DLC hook!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

buglord posted:

play Zelda but pretend you are a space man

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The other ME games were about 25-ish hours before DLC for a normal playthrough, so that doesn't sound surprising.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Hedrigall posted:

gigglesquee

I'd been hoping never to see this word again.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Minrad posted:

It does. This guy menacingly shows up for a little bit. http://i.imgur.com/mk0TWA0.jpg

so its the end of mass effect 2 except with ivan loving ooze.

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

cams posted:

some people have game. i have game. it's pretty good. i like game.

are you playing on a ps4 pro or regular? I'm wondering how well it runs on regular

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Caught the end of the stream.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Yep, these ends are also bad

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The other ME games were about 25-ish hours before DLC for a normal playthrough, so that doesn't sound surprising.

What are you even talking about no they werent.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
so not only is the game bad but you also funded sjw terrorism, good job

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

frajaq posted:

pretty much

You kill Big Evil Kett in the final mission, and after the credits there is a scene where ANOTHER Big Evil Kett is looking at the situation from some space ship before turning and walking away, gotta get that sequel/DLC hook!

so basicaly the ending of 2. thats not the worst.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so basicaly the ending of 2. thats not the worst.

It is when it's supposed to be a new game, not a loving lovely copy of an old one.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

poisonpill posted:

Caught the end of the stream.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Yep, these ends are also bad

Is it this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J49x8sVQVyE

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
edit: ^^^ yes, that's it

Drifter posted:

It is when it's supposed to be a new game, not a loving lovely copy of an old one.

That you're asking people to pay up to a HUNDRED DOLLARS for.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Wait are people really shocked that they left a hook for a sequel/DLC?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Drifter posted:

I mean I got through ME2, ME3, DA2 and got bored of DAI from around 15-25 hours or so. And I'm somewhat of a completionist.
The DLC pushes things out a bit, but I don't think a Bioware game has lasted more than that for a looooooooong time.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

buglord posted:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

it's possible that the in between parts make the ending better/more impactful

But if I were a betting man, I wouldn't bet on it

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Drifter posted:

Yeah they were.

I know my playthroughs took longer but I was also pretty slow and thorough.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Dexo posted:

Wait are people really shocked that they left a hook for a sequel/DLC?

It's not a hook, it's that on top of the fact that there is no more to the ending other than "yay we beat the guy" [cut to credits] without bothering to close up anything plot-related.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so basicaly everyone good left after DA2 or is working on DA 4 so they hired the dumb gently caress who wrote halo 4.

This is allegedly made by a C-team largely consisting of people who only worked together at Bioware Montreal assisting with the multiplayer and the Omega DLC of Mass Effect 3, and headed by the writer responsible for ME3's ending - Mac Walters. Here's a quote from Mac Walters about the character animations for Andromeda :

I'm not saying unproven developers can't be capable of producing legitimately great games, like Rocksteady with Batman Arkham Asylum/City and Psyonix with Rocket League for example, but hoo boy is seeming like a clusterfuck.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Oh god the silted dialogue on top of the stilted facial expressions on top of the bland music. It's so bad.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Did DA:I even have DLC I can't remember.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Arglebargle III posted:

Yes and it was actually pretty great.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

Three, in fact!

The last one is considered the best and worst since it tied off the story pretty well and introduced a good hook for the sequel, but you had to pay money for it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lovely Wizard posted:

This is allegedly made by a C-team largely consisting of people who only worked together at Bioware Montreal assisting with the multiplayer and the Omega DLC of Mass Effect 3, and headed by the writer responsible for ME3's ending - Mac Walters. Here's a quote from Mac Walters about the character animations for Andromeda :

I'm not saying unproven developers can't be capable of producing legitimately great games, like Rocksteady with Batman Arkham Asylum/City and Psyonix with Rocket League for example, but hoo boy is seeming like a clusterfuck.

thats depressing. ill still buy and play through to see what i think though. stuff is disipointing but nothing has killed my interest yet, somehow.

Arglebargle III posted:

yeah. and they are good too. the one is basically epilogue dlc that is pretty good and wraps stuff up well.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Arglebargle III posted:

Two additional area DLCs (Jaws of Hakkon and Descent) and a post-game DLC people like to call the real ending (Trespasser) because the original ending of Inquisition was some weak rear end poo poo.

I'd get Trepasser just for the music.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 20, 2017

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
You can play the game early if you use a South Korean VPN. 8 AM instead of 9 pm.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

It had Jaws of Hakkon (a new zone that was fine but inessential), Descent (a dungeon crawl through the Deep Roads that was okay apparently), and Trespasser (an epilogue that wrapped up the main game plot and set up the direction for the next game).

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I haven't even watched the endgame sequence yet, but I seriously don't understand what's going on with Bioware's writing. Like after the ME3 ending I thought it couldn't get any worse but here we are. I guess it's going to take bad writing seriously impacting game sales to get Bioware to make some major changes to their writing team... so I guess I hope that happens? Like as much as I enjoy some good schadenfreude I almost never hope that a game fails and the people responsible get sacked, but at this point SOMETHING needs to change and I'm not sure anything less will convince Bioware of that.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

It should be a crime to release paid ending dlc imo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

It's not a hook, it's that on top of the fact that there is no more to the ending other than "yay we beat the guy" [cut to credits] without bothering to close up anything plot-related.

Haven't seen it.

Let me guess you beat the final boss, have a conversation where you put someone(or maybe multiple since there was no council(unless it happens during the game) ) on the council. and then you cut to a scene of a ship flying off and Shepard Ryder standing in front of a planet awkwardly or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
May I suggest we make a spoilers thread and a spoilers-free thread? If not I'm going to have to avoid this delightful, entertaining thread with all its numerous compelling posts and...

...hm, on second thought, as you were. :buddy: