Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

AsInHowe posted:

Did you get anyone to sign your wrapper? Were you polite?

A: I thought the wrestlers were there this past weekend.

B: I just went through the drive-thru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Sea Creature should be the main focus of the poster. He's the key to all this

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
if vince is looking for old-timers for wrestlemania 34 he needs to lookup the surf dudes with attitude

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if vince is looking for old-timers for wrestlemania 34 he needs to lookup the surf dudes with attitude

The surf dudes with attitude met their untimely ends fighting the Sea Creature.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
noooooooooooo

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The surf dudes with attitude met their untimely ends fighting the Sea Creature.

Uhhh....
yup

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I was wondering why there were no other tag teams for the surf dudes with attitudes to fight. I guess the Sea Creature got to them before Southpaw could create a vibrant tag division.

And does anyone else think that the Mackleroy/Big Bart feud is leading towards teh Sea Creature turning on it's master to join Bartholemew and start a Fish farm?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

They'll do it for the chickens and all the southern countries.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/talkisjericho/status/844021518585741312

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

They'll do it for the chickens and all the southern countries.

USA! USA! USA! :patriot: :911:

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
The best parodies show affection towards their subjects while also admitting their flaws. You can only make something like that by being a really big fan of whatever it is you are parodying.

Southpaw Regional Wrestling is obviously a labor of love. I really hope we'll see more of it.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I choose to believe Ambrose was the Sea Creature.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

At first I thought Sea Creature must be Harper because it seemed too tall to be Cesaro, but it turns out Cesaro and Harper are the same height.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is the Georgia Gold Chicken any good?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

TV Zombie posted:

Is the Georgia Gold Chicken any good?

It's decent, but I suggest getting three tenders and not a full meal.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I wanna know where Jericho found that jacket.

I bet he picked it up at some random resale store way back in his WCW days, and was just waiting for the right moment to bust it out on camera.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Clint Bobski was on Talk is Jericho and revealed what happened between Big Bartholomew and The Sea Creature:

Big Bartholomew lost the farm

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Clint Bobski was on Talk is Jericho and revealed what happened between Big Bartholomew and The Sea Creature:

Don't worry, I'm sure the feud continues and for the blow off match Big Bart brings in Mothra to defeat the Sea Creature.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Clint Bobski: Our Champion was John Johnson. He didn't want any kind of nickname, just John Johnson. But he had tremendous charisma. Well, he had a little charisma. He had no charisma at all. The kid was the shits.

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Wanna track down those Stampede Tapes of Big Bart now.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
John Johnson is clearly a spoof on the territory promoter's son getting the belt despite an obvious lack of talent or charisma. But I like to read it as a rib on TJ Perkins' Cruiserweight title run falling flat.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Benne posted:

John Johnson is clearly a spoof on the territory promoter's son getting the belt despite an obvious lack of talent or charisma. But I like to read it as a rib on TJ Perkins' Cruiserweight title run falling flat.

It can be both.

Like how KFC's new Georgia Gold is both woo tangy and woo crispy

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Is the podcast worth listening to? I usually can't stand Jericho interviewing his own characters.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

AlmightyPants posted:

Is the podcast worth listening to? I usually can't stand Jericho interviewing his own characters.

His interview with Broken Matt Hardy was good, but that might be due to Matt being in full Broken mode for the whole thing.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I have the drat SRW jingle stuck in my head

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Tex Ferguson is the funniest thing ever. I've watched this several times already just for his promos :allears:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

BrigadierSensible posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure the feud continues and for the blow off match Big Bart brings in Mothra to defeat the Sea Creature.
It was standard territorial practice to never blow off the feud at a supercard so you can have the boys keep running the same match at the house shows, brother.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

AlmightyPants posted:

Nah it was terrible, but the interview with Bob Barker is fantastic

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Tex Ferguson is the funniest thing ever. I've watched this several times already just for his promos :allears:

i like his theme music, it has been in my head

"what do i do, when she's in my arms? (kiss her)"

"and what do i do, when i'm kissing her?"

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I wonder if they'd ever sacrifice 6 minutes of raw to air these on tv once a week?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The American Dream posted:

I wonder if they'd ever sacrifice 6 minutes of raw to air these on tv once a week?

That would mean Vince writing the segments and no thank you

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

bradzilla posted:

I have the drat SRW jingle stuck in my head

I love that it's royalty-free supermarket jazz instead of royalty-free classical music like actual studio wrestling shows.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

Dr.Smasher posted:

His interview with Broken Matt Hardy was good, but that might be due to Matt being in full Broken mode for the whole thing.

You think so? I found that a really uncomfortable listen. I don't think Jericho can keep up with good improvisers and despite his wrestling work he's terrible at characters when it comes to this sort of thing.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It was odd since it seemed like Jericho kept trying to edge into "Okay really, how did you come up with this?" and Matt was all "COME UP WITH WHAT, THE SEVEN DEITIES BROUGHT KNOWLEDGE TO ME AND MAGIC"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLlT_sJe5oM

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/theDALTONcastle/status/847574928115326976

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
I really hope we get some more of this in the lean times after Wrestlemania Season.

Also, today I bought some woo tangy woo crispy chicken probably 90% because of the subliminal advertising of watching this funny dang thing a bunch of times.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

tbh I'd prefer this be all we get of Southpaw Regional Wrestling or otherwise it's going to get run to the loving ground like everything else in the WWE that's popular like the New Day and Enzo & Cass

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuZggt-2wh8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M7MnzVkFMc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say.... okay."

These two guys are so great.