Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So you mean they're not paid :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
well, hail satan

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Zzulu posted:

like, by their workplace? I dunno man, how dire is that poo poo?

Milky Moor posted:

well, hail satan

also

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Or they were paid off by EA but couldn't bring themselves to curve the score any higher? :stonk:

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

https://gifsound.com/?gif=i.4cdn.org/v/1490150666940.gif&v=g8v6cZ21vlc

:dance:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
how deep does this rabbit hole go

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

orange juche posted:

Or they were paid off by EA but couldn't bring themselves to curve the score any higher? :stonk:

What if the scores were so low that they actually wrapped around and landed back on mediocre?? :crow:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Zokari posted:

What if the scores were so low that they actually wrapped around and landed back on mediocre?? :crow:

an Ouroboros, except it's actually just a curly turd, with ends touching

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHte24GGHD4

all the way to the other side of the earth where people walk upside-down

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

This whole thing really makes the ME3 ending excuse of "artistic vision" somehow retroactively seem even more false and shallow.

Did John Romero have anything to do with this game? Because I feel like this game, and Bioware, tricked me - made me its bitch. And also, I can't leave without my buddy Superfly.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Ahahaha, this Station Sabotage sidequest; dude confesses to trying to electrocute people, you tell him the AI-honchos will deal with him and he just walks away? Not even a "time passes while Ryder gets two militia goons to arrest the dude"...

You just get some exp and the quest is done.

Career
Mar 27, 2010
This game is like DA:I without any of the narrative hooks that made its MMO-style "gameplay" bearable. Plus 3D platforming and sudoku.

Kinda suspected all of that going in, though, so I have no one to blame but myself.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Zzulu posted:

how deep does this rabbit hole go

I dunno but don't ask that guy with the avatar of Judy from Zootopia

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

I dunno but don't ask that guy with the avatar of Judy from Zootopia

Hey Hedrigall, you wanna get with a catman you can just watch this video and pretend.
Maybe at the minute 35 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lhQnPQj5SE

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is it time to hail yet

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Drifter posted:

Hey Hedrigall, you wanna get with a catman you can just watch this video and pretend.

i'll be in my bunk

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Wouldn't it be cool if we got a Mass Effect/Witcher type game where you play as the villain instead of the hero? And your antagonist is the plot armored hero and you gotta figure out how to succeed with your grandiose supervillain schemes despite him constantly trying to stop your poo poo

Like the spirit of Dungeon Keeper but in a modern RPG instead

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Career posted:

This game is like DA:I without any of the narrative hooks that made its MMO-style "gameplay" bearable. Plus 3D platforming and sudoku.

Kinda suspected all of that going in, though, so I have no one to blame but myself.

Also they made at least the first two planets basically Hinterlands, potentially the whole game is just 4 times Hinterlands. Because everyone loved it so much, they never wanted to leave after all!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Zzulu posted:

Wouldn't it be cool if we got a Mass Effect/Witcher type game where you play as the villain instead of the hero? And your antagonist is the plot armored hero and you gotta figure out how to succeed with your grandiose supervillain schemes despite him constantly trying to stop your poo poo

Like the spirit of Dungeon Keeper but in a modern RPG instead

My dream was a ME freelance mercenary/space pirate game. Protagonist maybe not quite a villain, but antihero at least.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Rinkles posted:

My dream was a ME freelance mercenary/space pirate game. Protagonist maybe not quite a villain, but antihero at least.

I mean in such a game prolly the moral choice stuff would be between being an antihero and being a monster (as opposed to the normal thing, of being a paladin or an antihero), but boy would writing those monster storylines and choices without either pissing off or overindulging freakshow garbage people be difficult

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Drifter posted:

:eyepop:

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe

Decius posted:

Also they made at least the first two planets basically Hinterlands, potentially the whole game is just 4 times Hinterlands. Because everyone loved it so much, they never wanted to leave after all!

The first planet isn't remotely like Hinterlands. Which second planet?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Figured the 666th page of a Mass Effect thread would be appropriate to place this.

JawKnee posted:

too much vaseline on the lens I guess

That explains the lack of bromances in this game, I reckon.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Rinkles posted:

Not either. You do something terrible like steal some medicine and dispassionately get paid. I mean it's that or starve.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I just want to have a dialog option that is basically me monologuing in an evil over the top way at someone and then threatening the very existance of their people while I cackle like a maniac

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Mehrunes posted:

The first planet isn't remotely like Hinterlands. Which second planet?

How is it not like Hinterlands? It's a big boring same-y wasteland with scattered PoI and villages that mostly feature fetch quests and search quests (so we can use the "brand new" scanning concept as much as possible) and one enemy fortress. The second planet is Voeld (I assume most people go to the one advertised as "there's fighting there!" - spoiler: There isn't much actually), which is basically exactly the same, except the desert is white, not sand and the quest givers are Angara, not Milky Way people. It's exactly the same, down to the big Kett fortress in the map, which you need to remove to raise Viability enough, the Remnant towers and vault and of course the "bad weather" that forces you to use the Nomad (because suits made for deep space combat aren't able to withstand "around zero degrees, with some parts far lower" apparently.

Some quests are a bit more thought-out than Eos though. Both are pretty much the MMO-design philosophy of Hinterlands squeezed thinner.

Decius fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Mar 22, 2017

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
You can't even reach half the area until you go off and do other things, the exact opposite of the Hinterlands. Also I didn't go to Voeld second.

Mehrunes fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Mar 22, 2017

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Mehrunes posted:

You can't even reach half the area until you go off and do other things, the exact opposite of the Hinterlands.

You could leave Hinterlands too and do other things if you wanted. Just because you make Hinterlands 1 half-way first, and then go to Hinterlands 2 with another colour palette and do this half-way with a short stop on the Nexus in between doesn't change the design of the areas themselves. Which again is front loading the worst designed areas in the game (at least in DA:I; haven't seen enough of ME:A yet obviously to make a full judegment on it after about 15h).

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe

Decius posted:

You could leave Hinterlands too and do other things if you wanted. Just because you make Hinterlands 1 half-way first, and then go to Hinterlands 2 with another colour palette and do this half-way with a short stop on the Nexus in between doesn't change the design of the areas themselves. Which again is front loading the worst designed areas in the game (at least in DA:I; haven't seen enough of ME:A yet obviously to make a full judegment on it after about 15h).

Good job ignoring everything I said!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Every video game is like the hinterlands if you think about it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

orange juche posted:

Every video game is like the hinterlands if you think about it.

bad??

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Any way to store items? Or increase your inventory size?

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Mehrunes posted:

Good job ignoring everything I said!

Mehrunes posted:

You can't even reach half the area until you go off and do other things, the exact opposite of the Hinterlands. Also I didn't go to Voeld second.

Profound and deep stuff!

Again, you actually can go back to Eos pretty much right away if you want (you even get a quest to do so), but if you don't, you get presented with basically the same map with a palette swap with Voeld. Which at least 50 % of the people will visit right after Eos.

RatHat posted:

Any way to store items? Or increase your inventory size?

No on storing. Yes, you can wake up the commercial people after you settled a planet to get slightly more inventory space.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

orange juche posted:

Life is like the hinterlands if you think about it.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Fojar38 posted:

the mass effect: andromeda thread on forums dot something awful dot com/games is the least useful resource for mass effect andromeda on the internet

reddit and 4chan exist

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

RottenK posted:

reddit and 4chan exist

no, he's right, there's none of those pesky "i like mass effect" people there.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
OK. This thread has gone nuts again and moves astoundingly fast.

Couple of new rules:

1) Do not ask "Is this game bad/is this game good" or any manner of that kind of ironic questioning any more. This has been done to death and merely creates page long slapfights. It's boring. (mlmp, I know, I know!!)

2) Stop being combatative if someone does think its good/bad. Discuss it but don't resort to attacks or calling the whole of SA bad or that goons are the worst or any of that hyperbole.

3) Post your Ryders!!!! (Was always my favourite thing about the ME threads :D)

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
A few planets down. Enjoying it well enough, though I agree with others in that the writing's inconsistent. Gameplay and systems wise it feels like Mass Effect: Inquisition, with a less confident player character. There's so much content and the combat's fun enough to feel like the price is justified, and there have been moments where the game looks fantastic (almost always with environment art). The moment with (Liam sidequest) Kosta broing it up naked with Jaal was amusing, and he's become a fuller and more interesting character since the opening.

But yeah, glitches and weirdness and jankiness happen. Had two Dracks in the kitchen for a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Think my personal favorite glitch so far was when first meeting with the scientists on the Nexus (and yes, I'm spoiling that because some of us are still stuck on the trial until 11pm tonight :sigh:) where some random crew member managed to get wedged between the three as they moved up to talk to my Ryder.

I didn't listen to a word any of them were saying as the crewman ricocheted from one to the other with increasing speed and no apparent fucks given.