Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Nasgate posted:

Was thinking of promoting Olivia to 5* and giving her Ruby sword and Fury2 from Hinata. Any other suggestions?

Replace her B skill with literally anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Has anyone tried Renewal with Falchion? Do they actually stack?

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!
So this is my box right now, and I have enough feathers to take someone to 5* but I'm kind of paralyzed with indecision. Any thoughts?

I was leaning toward Effie or Michalis, but my Reinhardt is +ATK/-HP so he might be an interesting choice in Horse Emblem. I've also been pulling blues in the hope of getting Ninian but no dice so far. Would it be worth taking Olivia to 5* for a higher arena score while still keeping a dancer in there?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Using effie will improve your arena score the most. If you're happy with your current score, then honestly only promote if you really like one of the characters, otherwise hold off for a while.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I wouldn't promote for arena score considering that the system is getting overhauled in april. Unless you'd really like to use a certain unit you can just hold off on promoting.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

Andrast posted:

I wouldn't promote for arena score considering that the system is getting overhauled in april. Unless you'd really like to use a certain unit you can just hold off on promoting.

Yeah, that was my thought re. arena scores. The meta feels kind of up in the air right now with people boosting stats with Fury even though that may not affect scores as much in the April update. I'm mostly thinking about the tower quests (I still have to do the armour and flyer ones), but I guess bumping one unit up to 5 isn't going to make as much of a difference as choosing my battles will.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Ardent sacrifice with a Falchion is a fun way to pretend you have a healer without having a useless healer.

My buff-bot Marth is used for two things: Killin' dragons and helping his bros. Since Falchion has a passive heal, he can effectively dole out heals with Ardent Sacrifice if needed (especially since Pivot isn't very useful), and otherwise just gives +spd. If not fighting a dragon (or Hector), my 5* Linde with Blarblade or 4* Nino can murder them instead and Marth can just back them up.

I just regret blowing feathers on Sharena.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
A nice quality of life feature for them to add in a future update would be a button that directly spends one stamina to reroll the tower, so you don't have to scroll down, enter the starting stratum, surrender, then scroll back up to check whether your garbage flier team can beat the tenth stratum this time.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I've got to stop rolling on this banner.

Alternatively they've got to release a banner that isn't complete poo poo.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

sassassin posted:

I've got to stop rolling on this banner.

Alternatively they've got to release a banner that isn't complete poo poo.

Gonna have 153 orbs or so when the next banner appears, hoping for something good to spend them all on

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

y/n for a defense team

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ostentatious posted:

y/n for a defense team

Inherit a hone/fortify skill or two for optimum Nino

That team is 3/4 extremely annoying to deal with and 1/4 joke but you'll get plenty of defenses like that I think

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

That team is 3/4 extremely annoying to deal with and 1/4 joke but you'll get plenty of defenses like that I think

the hana has vantage 3 and glacius, the lilina has a speed buff

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

cheetah7071 posted:

Gonna have 153 orbs or so when the next banner appears, hoping for something good to spend them all on

I've still got 155 but I should be up at 200 now but for poor impulse control. Another useless Florina and 4* Reinhardt to add to the pile...

Luckily the Tellius banners are still a year away. Plenty of time to save.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

The Shortest Path posted:

Moonbow, fury, desperation. If you somehow still have points to spend after that, maybe a hone for your supporting units.
For some reason I was completely convinced that I had at least one Hinata in my box, but nope. Somehow I haven't gotten a single Hinata yet. Guess I'll just put Moonbow on her now and wait on the rest, though she already has Hone Atttack 3. I had to take this Nino from 3* to 5*, so there's no shortage of SP.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

cheetah7071 posted:

The joke is Nino, right?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
When I put two sources of draw back on my defense team (Nino+inherit) my wins skyrocketed. I really wonder what is happening in those fights?

I usually rotate a lovely team in after one win but now I'm morbidly curious to see how long it will go.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rascyc posted:

When I put two sources of draw back on my defense team (Nino+inherit) my wins skyrocketed. I really wonder what is happening in those fights?

I usually rotate a lovely team in after one win but now I'm morbidly curious to see how long it will go.

Draw Back encourages the AI to put itself in the optimally annoying formation of melee unit in front, ranged unit directly behind them. Then, because they're only actually advancing one square per turn, you can't even bait them properly without entering the danger zone. It's just sort of a nightmare all around.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

AzureSkye posted:

The stats on his wiki page are accurate. If he's attack neutral or + he should land at 50-51 with Hautclere.

Hero battle rewards are always neutral.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Draw Back encourages the AI to put itself in the optimally annoying formation of melee unit in front, ranged unit directly behind them. Then, because they're only actually advancing one square per turn, you can't even bait them properly without entering the danger zone. It's just sort of a nightmare all around.

It also heavily punishes anyone that tries baiting because they can draw the unit out of the danger zone after it murders someone.

This i why i need more five star cav.

Also gently caress you game, trying to do the infantry quest and it put kagero in the middle of that map where the middle is walled up.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
How bad is a -Atk Effie? I have a 5 star one that's +HP/-Atk and two 4 star ones that are +Def/-Res and -HP/+Spd which also seem awful... is wary fighter even good on other units? Maybe some other armored units?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The +def/-res would be the best. She's not good against mages anyway so might as well take less damage from everyone else.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Centzon Totochtin posted:

How bad is a -Atk Effie? I have a 5 star one that's +HP/-Atk and two 4 star ones that are +Def/-Res and -HP/+Spd which also seem awful... is wary fighter even good on other units? Maybe some other armored units?

All the armors save maybe Draug and +speed Sheena are low enough speed to benefit from Wary Fighter, even Hector since he'll still quick riposte double with it. You do give up a fair bit of potential mobility to equip it, but that's probably worthwhile.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Does Hector really still quick riposte with wary fighter? He really shouldn't given the wording of wary fighter.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Rascyc posted:

Does Hector really still quick riposte with wary fighter? He really shouldn't given the wording of wary fighter.

I've seen it happen, and I've seen it not happen, so I have no idea what to think anymore. My current thought is that it shouldn't happen, but I somehow ran into a string of Effies without Wary Fighter at some point?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Does a DEATHFFIE need Noontime or Sol? Or something more damaging?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Rascyc posted:

I've only run into 1 Hector with Wary Fighter and it seemed to cancel out Armads. When I went up to hit him with Lucina I couldn't double him, but he couldn't double me. I'm pretty sure that's what happened, but I'd take the word of someone who actually has a Hector over mine.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Clawtopsy posted:

Does a DEATHFFIE need Noontime or Sol? Or something more damaging?

quoting myself but i realized it's noontime.

Tank attack + respond into Brave Lance x2 will kill most things so it means Sol won't proc, but Noontime will

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I dunno the answer but the #1 duder posted his Effie builds and it was poo poo like renewal 2 and other oddities. They were cool builds.

Idk if he actually uses the Effie's though or if they just never move and serve as stat bots.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

First 5* was Lyn and second was Takumi

:classiclol:

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Rascyc posted:

I dunno the answer but the #1 duder posted his Effie builds and it was poo poo like renewal 2 and other oddities. They were cool builds.

Idk if he actually uses the Effie's though or if they just never move and serve as stat bots.

He uses them but there is no point in wary fighter since the only people they fight are other Effies and Hectors so they won't get doubled anyway.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I don't suppose there's an IV calculator that works on characters who are somewhere between levels 1 and 40, is there?

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
If the character is over level 20 and not yet 5 stars you can see their level one stats in the unlock potential menu when you tap them. Keep in mind that their weapon attack doesn't factor into those stat readings on the menu, but they do on the IV calculators.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

GLAAD trash bags posted:

If the character is over level 20 and not yet 5 stars you can see their level one stats in the unlock potential menu when you tap them. Keep in mind that their weapon attack doesn't factor into those stat readings on the menu, but they do on the IV calculators.

Ah, thanks.

I have discovered that my Chrom is bad.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Man I hope we get those free orbs, stamina potions, and feathers for the Michalis Grand battle soon, because I really need those stamina potions so I can keep rerolling 1 stamina maps until I come across one (or 15) where my armored units or fliers have a chance of winning. I only have one win for each from last week because most of my stamina is being spent getting my Rebecca to 40 in time for the arena this week.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Man I hope we get those free orbs, stamina potions, and feathers for the Michalis Grand battle soon, because I really need those stamina potions so I can keep rerolling 1 stamina maps until I come across one (or 15) where my armored units or fliers have a chance of winning. I only have one win for each from last week because most of my stamina is being spent getting my Rebecca to 40 in time for the arena this week.
I hear you. I'm pretty much the same except replace Rebecca with Ursula. I do not have enough armoured or flying units to train up a team to do both of these, and my usual strat of "throw Hector at them" just isn't working. I'm going to go for the fliers quest because I have more of the triangle covered and the movement-restrictions of an all-armour team is literally killing me.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I don't have Anna, Ursula, or Ninian well-specced or up to star/level so I'm getting slaughtered in the arena this week. I need levels or... ugh. Something.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Roger Explosion posted:

I hear you. I'm pretty much the same except replace Rebecca with Ursula. I do not have enough armoured or flying units to train up a team to do both of these, and my usual strat of "throw Hector at them" just isn't working. I'm going to go for the fliers quest because I have more of the triangle covered and the movement-restrictions of an all-armour team is literally killing me.

My only good armored units are 2 Effies (one 5 and one 4 star) with 2 random 20-something armors so I have to wait for all red teams without mages for them and my fliers are a 5* Camilla and 4* Cherche so I have to wait for all blue teams with no archers for them. It seems like a bit of a dick move for them to make you clear 15 maps, but I guess they were pretty generous with all the other quests.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I actually managed to clear the armored quest with Effie plus almost useless trash and the flier quest with Minerva plus useful four stars, although in both cases I lost a lot more than I won before I finally got to 15. Cavalry lol though, I have no 5 star horsemans to carry me and I don't think my lights blessings will be enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Elyv posted:

I actually managed to clear the armored quest with Effie plus almost useless trash and the flier quest with Minerva plus useful four stars, although in both cases I lost a lot more than I won before I finally got to 15. Cavalry lol though, I have no 5 star horsemans to carry me and I don't think my lights blessings will be enough.

You can always use light's blessings manually from the same menu that you use to surrender or enter autobattle. If you know that you have an attack that will end the map in your favor you can pop one then for quest completion.