Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Man, i want Sheena more than Hector. 4th best defense and 4th best Res in the game. No other character comes close to her ability to not give a poo poo about anyone.

Really i just want an all Armor team but alas, i got pinned with getting cavalry out the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Nasgate posted:

Man, i want Sheena more than Hector. 4th best defense and 4th best Res in the game. No other character comes close to her ability to not give a poo poo about anyone.

Really i just want an all Armor team but alas, i got pinned with getting cavalry out the rear end.

Trust me, I have a Sheena and you really don't. Triangle advantage means that she can't hold up to a red unit, especially since she'll get doubled by a lot of them. But her bigger problem is that she has a tough time with other green units since she has 41 attack without inheriting a new weapon. She just can't keep up in damage with a unit like a Gunter or a Frederick, even though she should be able to. Sheena has like 5 less attack than she needs to be viable, even independent of her lovely weapon.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Effie is way better at not giving a gently caress anyway thanks to wary fighter.

You could inherit wary fighter to Sheena but that's a waste since Sheena isn't very good.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Andrast posted:

Effie is way better at not giving a gently caress anyway thanks to wary fighter.

You could inherit wary fighter to Sheena but that's a waste since Sheena isn't very good.

Not really if you have more than 1 4* Effie. I mean the only reason to do it is to have an armor team, but it's not like the cost is outrageous.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

An armor team with another Effie or Hector is probably better than a team with Sheena

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Andrast posted:

An armor team with another Effie or Hector is probably better than a team with Sheena

I won't argue that, but getting a first Effie or Hector is no guarantee. If you have a Sheena you should probably give her Wary Fighter, and her Fortify Armor is pretty decent at least.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

akulanization posted:

I won't argue that, but getting a first Effie or Hector is no guarantee. If you have a Sheena you should probably give her Wary Fighter, and her Fortify Armor is pretty decent at least.

If you are giving Sheena wary fighter, you have an extra Effie. A 4* Effie still has 13 more ATK than a 5* Sheena when initiating.

Use the Sheena to give Effie fortify armor instead.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Andrast posted:

If you are giving Sheena wary fighter, you have an extra Effie. A 4* Effie still has 13 more ATK than a 5* Sheena when initiating.

Use the Sheena to give Effie fortify armor instead.

Armors can't avoid poor matchups, Effie has like 5 more attack against blues on offense, and like 4 more vs greens. Defending she has the same attack against greens and one more attack against blues while having less armor and resistance. You'd be really silly to do what you've suggested.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I'm actually thinking that, in these upcoming events that simulate perma-death, planting Sheena in a chokepoint with a Healer up her rear end would probably be a pretty good strat. Ditto for those "survive for X rounds" missions. Sure, she doesn't do damage, but if you just have to delay, who cares? She might even make the Obstruct skill worth a drat.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

akulanization posted:

You can always use light's blessings manually from the same menu that you use to surrender or enter autobattle. If you know that you have an attack that will end the map in your favor you can pop one then for quest completion.
Oh God, thanks for reminding me. I'm sitting on 16 of them, and I completely forgot that they exist.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

When's the next voting event so I can milk the internet's anime princess waifu fervor into a bunch of feathers for my own personal anime princess waifus.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

akulanization posted:

Armors can't avoid poor matchups, Effie has like 5 more attack against blues on offense, and like 4 more vs greens. Defending she has the same attack against greens and one more attack against blues while having less armor and resistance. You'd be really silly to do what you've suggested.

41 attack is so loving bad though.

Although, now that I'm looking at it, Sheena might be able to do something if you inherited Bonfire (or Iceberg) to her. With Killer Axe it's only a 2 charge ability and would be a pretty hefty damage increase with Sheena's defense.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 23, 2017

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

jokes posted:

When's the next voting event so I can milk the internet's anime princess waifu fervor into a bunch of feathers for my own personal anime princess waifus.
We don't know.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

What on earth was this 0.1 MB update, that's kind of tiny. Michaelis?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I encountered a team of Triangle Adept Desperation Robin, Fury Desperation Nino, Darting Blow Desperation Tharja, and Eldigan.

My team evaporated.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Huh well since I have only been playing for a few days and the only 5 star dude I had was Karel I figured I'd say what the hell and reroll to see what else I might gin up, completely forgetting I had a 4 star theraja that was pretty drat awesome. So I reroll only to end up with... another 5 star Karel. I think the game just wants me to have him. Oh I also managed to get a 5 star Marth who seems fairly decent, although I'm still trying to figure out what I can smoosh him with to give him some kind of special damage attack.

I still for the life of me can't seem to land a decent green hero though. It's like the only green guy I ever pull is that village people looking dude that's pretty garbage.

Anywho anyone have a suggestion of what skill I might be able to combine on Marth for some added murder power? I'm still trying to get the hang of combining people and what skills are worth it and whatnot. I've also come to realize that I could really use a decent mage of any color for some ranged attacks but hey what can you do. At least I pulled catria and she seems to work out pretty well on her magic horsey. Again I'm very great full for any pointers while I'm trying to get the gist of all of this!

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Elyv posted:

What on earth was this 0.1 MB update, that's kind of tiny. Michaelis?

Probably for the new set of quests to complete various chapters on lunatic.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I thought the new banner was supposed to start today?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
How long have we had this banner and literally nothing else? Ugh. I just want characters I like. :(

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

neongrey posted:

How long have we had this banner and literally nothing else? Ugh. I just want characters I like. :(

A week and a half?

Nuebot posted:

I thought the new banner was supposed to start today?

When Michalis shows up. So tomorrow I think.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Can blessings of light cheese "all four allies must survive" requirements?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Can blessings of light cheese "all four allies must survive" requirements?

Yes.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Huh well since I have only been playing for a few days and the only 5 star dude I had was Karel I figured I'd say what the hell and reroll to see what else I might gin up, completely forgetting I had a 4 star theraja that was pretty drat awesome. So I reroll only to end up with... another 5 star Karel. I think the game just wants me to have him. Oh I also managed to get a 5 star Marth who seems fairly decent, although I'm still trying to figure out what I can smoosh him with to give him some kind of special damage attack.

I still for the life of me can't seem to land a decent green hero though. It's like the only green guy I ever pull is that village people looking dude that's pretty garbage.

Anywho anyone have a suggestion of what skill I might be able to combine on Marth for some added murder power? I'm still trying to get the hang of combining people and what skills are worth it and whatnot. I've also come to realize that I could really use a decent mage of any color for some ranged attacks but hey what can you do. At least I pulled catria and she seems to work out pretty well on her magic horsey. Again I'm very great full for any pointers while I'm trying to get the gist of all of this!

Catria's really good.

If you're looking for a proc the best are the dragon x line and the moonlight line. Those offer the best compromise between damage and cooldown. Otherwise Marth could use an A slot skill and maybe a different B slot depending on what you want to use him for. Out of the box he is (for a sword lord) durable but a bit slow. Fury would be good for him, Triangle Adept would be okay, +speed would get him some relevant doubles. I mean he's pretty blandly good so you should be relatively happy with him.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
That's a lot of orbs, but a lot of Stamina to get 'em.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm going to have like 200 orbs stored when a focus with new characters comes out

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

akulanization posted:

Catria's really good.

If you're looking for a proc the best are the dragon x line and the moonlight line. Those offer the best compromise between damage and cooldown. Otherwise Marth could use an A slot skill and maybe a different B slot depending on what you want to use him for. Out of the box he is (for a sword lord) durable but a bit slow. Fury would be good for him, Triangle Adept would be okay, +speed would get him some relevant doubles. I mean he's pretty blandly good so you should be relatively happy with him.

Awesome thanks. Yeah I definitely have no complaints about him he's by far and away my best guy and has handled anything that has been thrown his way. His regular attacks hit hard as it is I just don't know a whole lot about what kind of role is most effective for him, but you've given me a lot of good options there so thank you very much!

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Roger Explosion posted:

That's a lot of orbs, but a lot of Stamina to get 'em.

I mean it's not like you're using all those stamina potions you're drowning in for anything else???

Also, good job me, I hosed up and Anna ended up with way too little SP so she gets to have her warp axe and astra but stuck at fury 2, vantage 2, and +res 1 (because she litterally has too little SP left over to buy anything else).

Also I have no florina or linde for ardent sacrifice anyway and lol if i'm gonna spend orbs on this banner just for a rebecca to mulch. Let this be a lesson, grind your good characters the hard way and don't immediately upgrade them at 20!

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
So, am having a bit of trouble with some skill planning and was hoping I could get some advice. Some slots I think I've got sorted (A and B esp) but others are a little more problematic,
Current team is MRobin, Lucina, Azura and Anna. MRobin is lacking a support skill (Lucy and Anna have Sacrifice, to activate their Vantages and also Lucy can regen. Also low HP allows Azura to teleport to em). Was thinking either Rally Speed or Attack but not sure which.
Similar problem with the C slots of all 4 characters. Am torn between the various Threatens and Hones for whole team. Apparently Threaten Speed is pretty nasty with Anna, and Threaten Attack would let Robin block choke points v Red Swords even more than Triangle Adept already allows but those are kinda vague thoughts. Is there any real consensus about what C skills are most useful? I could even spare a useless Felicia or three for the C Regen, but again 3/4 of my characters have some benefit from low HP.
Az also needs an A skill but am kinda leading to Fury as a generally useful skill, and the HP drain shouldn't matter much on a character who is going to spend most time dancing and make only one or so attack.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

C-skills are pretty much preference and playstyle dependent on most units, unless you are running a Nino/Tharja team in which case Hone/Fortify/Rally skills are really important. Having a speed buff somewhere in your team is generally good to have since a single double can mean a lot.

Personally, I gravitate towards the Hone/Fortify skills since I find them easier to position for than the alternatives.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Mar 23, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I just use Hone Attack & Threaten Defence.

_ Cavalry for horsies.

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
Well, those were a couple of disappointing pulls. Oh well, Ursula is leveled-up, and now Odin is available. Seems like the consensus is that he's good to throw to her for his weapon and his special?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Huh. Well I pulled a 5* Manakete, but it's not Ninian. It's Nowi. Guess I can't really complain about that one!

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

If you already have a Dancer, Nowi will end up being more useful anyway. Mine's -ATK and she's still amazing. Beats Takumi 1v1 and walls stuff all day long.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Retcon posted:

If you already have a Dancer, Nowi will end up being more useful anyway. Mine's -ATK and she's still amazing. Beats Takumi 1v1 and walls stuff all day long.

And you should, but if you had dragon dancer then you could get that stupid skill where she buffs up all other manaketes' stats by a tremendous +6 across the board :v:

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Tomorrow's banner aka "pull only green orbs and pray you don't get Hawkeye".

I've got every single green 5* pulled EXCEPT for Hector and Minerva.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Ok, I HAVE to share my latest multisummon :

Now, this is a great summon, don't get me wrong I especially really wanted to get Erika

But, this is my THIRD hector

I now officially have gotten TOO MANY HECTORS

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I wish you could trade units, somehow. I would take one of your Hectors. :D

(Seriously though that's a great pull. 'grats!)

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Ok, I HAVE to share my latest multisummon :

Now, this is a great summon, don't get me wrong I especially really wanted to get Erika

But, this is my THIRD hector

I now officially have gotten TOO MANY HECTORS

:frogout:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I finally got all of the training tower quests done.

The armor one was by far the most annoying one, even with two 5* Effies. The lack of movement is just really annoying and makes it really easy to lose someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I loving hate when the gacha puts orb colours you don't want

Eldigan's really cool and all but I'm gunning for Ninian, game