Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

What is the strat for winning with this team composition on Westfield, starting from north:

Enemy team: 5 tier VIII heavies, 2 tier VII heavies.
My team: 2 tier VI heavies.

The answer is nothing really. Heavy tanks have the most hit points, the biggest guns and the most armor. Coordinated teamplay can be used to overcome that, but in pub matches a massive disparity in a team of heavies to a team of very few heavies typically means you lose unless you happen to have a massive advantage in team skill.

800 pages of WoT, truly a shameful display.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Mar 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

1946 damage in my M-44. Why, God, why? :negative:

E: Also, even though this is the closest I've come to 2k in my M-44 it should be noted only 1 shot was overhead, the rest I got sick of playing in a city and having no shots so I drove around and direct fired at people at point blank range. So I'm really not getting any better at arty.

I thought this mission would be easier in the M12, but don't forget you have to get top 3 for damage and experience also.

2Jets fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Mar 23, 2017

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I'm handing in my unicum badge, I officially blow rear end at this game again.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Mesadoram posted:

I'm handing in my unicum badge, I officially blow rear end at this game again.

just quit its the only way to win. I did.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

1946 damage in my M-44. Why, God, why? :negative:

E: Also, even though this is the closest I've come to 2k in my M-44 it should be noted only 1 shot was overhead, the rest I got sick of playing in a city and having no shots so I drove around and direct fired at people at point blank range. So I'm really not getting any better at arty.

You say you're not getting better at arty, yet it seems you've learned the art of relocation. A huge majority of arty players will pick a spot at the beginning of battle, and then sit there without moving until they've either won or some enemy tank comes knocking. Actually relocating as the battle progresses so you can get a shot at poo poo from different angles is apparently beyond most.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

wargames posted:

just quit its the only way to win. I did.

How else will I get angry at random people on the internet and go to bed depressed?

I need tanks.

Also, I do enjoy the O-I Experimental but holy gently caress can I not win in it. The second I get spotted I get rained on my arty and gold shells. Then my pubbies fail because they are monkeys flinging poo poo at each other.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

How else will I get angry at random people on the internet and go to bed depressed?

I need tanks.

Also, I do enjoy the O-I Experimental but holy gently caress can I not win in it. The second I get spotted I get rained on my arty and gold shells. Then my pubbies fail because they are monkeys flinging poo poo at each other.
Sounds like you're a fellow EU player!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

NotWearingPants posted:

What is the strat for winning with this team composition on Westfield, starting from north:

Enemy team: 5 tier VIII heavies, 2 tier VII heavies.
My team: 2 tier VI heavies.

Forfeit the northwest, hide all your invisible TDs on top of the east hill, have scouts provide coverage north and southwest of the bridge, and then pick the enemy team off as they come over the ridge towards your cap in the north, and down the hill towards the bridge in the middle, and then tell all your small poo poo to fake a disorganized retreat?

Wait, that requires coordination. :downs:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Can someone identify which session stats this mod is and tell me how to reset it?

I tried the OMC installer, but my log file is for some reason either gone or wiped, so none of my previously installed mods are highlighted.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I should just buy 12 more t26e4s, that will solve all of my problems....

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Can someone identify which session stats this mod is and tell me how to reset it?

I tried the OMC installer, but my log file is for some reason either gone or wiped, so none of my previously installed mods are highlighted.

On mine there is a reset button right underneath that. Next to a button that changes it to a breakdown by vehicle. :iiam:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
So today's mission is, 'win 10 battles being among the top 5 XP earners on your team.' Am I going crazy or did we already have the same mission, but top 3 XP instead?

Either way it's Churchill 3 time.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Good idea, need to feel good about myself later by stomping with old faithful.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Ive got 20 churchill IIIs

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That's YasenKrasen. You probably want vanilla because his other versions come with a bunch of annoying poo poo.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Hellsau posted:

So today's mission is, 'win 10 battles being among the top 5 XP earners on your team.' Am I going crazy or did we already have the same mission, but top 3 XP instead?

If only the win requirement wasn't there. I'm endlessly being lumbered with "teams" made up of fingerless loving retards and matchmaking which can't balance things in the loving slightest.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

YasenKrasen? I just met her!

HFX
Nov 29, 2004
So you know those German victory missions. Apparently Wargaming hates Germans:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/61150p/wot_na_problem_with_german_flags_for_german_wins/

If you were like me and planned to apply them to West German tanks as you bought them, too bad. Sure hope you didn't do it in your Blackdog / Mutz.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I like how they don't give you any discount on buying 13 mission completion tokens for the T25 missions.

Edit: Also, the micropatch broke all my garage mods.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 23, 2017

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

What was today's patch about?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Patch note:
Fixed the issue with the display of Battle Results after the end of a special battle, if there was no information about the enemy.
Fixed the issue where vehicles could sometimes disappear from view in Arcade Aim in the Spectator mode.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Not entirely sure what happened, but now my client shits itself when I enter the "exterior" module from the garage, same with the tech tree. It just freezes on "loading equipment" or something.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Not entirely sure what happened, but now my client shits itself when I enter the "exterior" module from the garage, same with the tech tree. It just freezes on "loading equipment" or something.

Delete your mods. The patch broke them.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Steelion posted:

The thing with the 107 on the KV-2 is that if you're going to use the 107 on the KV-2, then why the hell aren't you driving a T-150, which is a much better platform for that gun? Use the derp.

Using the 105 on the Tiger 2 is much more akin to using the 105 on the T29, and many of the same arguments apply, except the 88 has comparable pen to the 105.

Just use the 105, the slight increase in DPM (in both cases) isn't really significant in ordinary play, where tanks generally aren't just trading shots as fast as they can reload.

Because again, a lot of the time I get the benefit of those pubbies that see a KV-2 and instantly think derp only to get caught in surprise, which is just about as fun as derping. Don't criticize how I teach.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Forfeit the northwest, hide all your invisible TDs on top of the east hill, have scouts provide coverage north and southwest of the bridge, and then pick the enemy team off as they come over the ridge towards your cap in the north, and down the hill towards the bridge in the middle, and then tell all your small poo poo to fake a disorganized retreat?

Wait, that requires coordination. :downs:

Here's how it worked out: Noticing the heavy disparity, I suggested the top spawn move back towards cap. The M6 and O-I complied, the TDs stayed up in those bushes because that's what TDs do on that map. They got some shots in and a couple kills as the heavies rolled over them.

Meanwhile, the bulk of our force worked south with our numerical superiority and began to get demolished by the T71 who made it to the corner and sniped the hell out of them while unlit in those bushes on the corner hill. Then the two enemy e25s started sniping unseen from bushes in the middle and we were well on our way to a 15-2 loss so I yolo'd into the valley city and was able to light them and they got destroyed. So I at least had the consolation of getting those two killed because gently caress e25s.

Of course the Scorpion spent most of the match calling everyone idiots for not implementing the standard strat. I guess he thought all we needed was for the M6 and O-I to play speed bumps for the 7 higher tier heavies facing them and the TDs would have killed them all.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 23, 2017

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

Here's how it worked out: Noticing the heavy disparity, I suggested the top spawn move back towards cap. The M6 and O-I complied, the TDs stayed up in those bushes because that's what TDs do on that map. They got some shots in and a couple kills as the heavies rolled over them.

Meanwhile, the bulk of our force worked south with our numerical superiority and began to get demolished by the T71 who made it to the corner and sniped the hell out of them while unlit in those bushes on the corner hill. Then the two enemy e25s started sniping unseen from bushes in the middle and we were well on our way to a 15-2 loss so I yolo'd into the valley city and was able to light them and they got destroyed. So I at least had the consolation of getting those two killed because gently caress e25s.

Of course the Scorpion spent most of the match calling everyone idiots for not implementing the standard strat. I guess he thought all we needed was for the M6 and O-I to play speed bumps for the 7 higher tier heavies facing them and the TDs would have killed them all.

I hope it was the Scorpion I team killed yesterday. He was raging at "shitters" in a game we had a 59% win chance and nobody had even died yet.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

NotWearingPants posted:

Then the two enemy e25s started sniping unseen from bushes in the middle and we were well on our way to a 15-2 loss so I yolo'd into the valley city and was able to light them and they got destroyed. So I at least had the consolation of getting those two killed because gently caress e25s.

Atta boy

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

welp i'm at 4/10 games and it's been a non-stop stream of bullshit

This game started with four players saying "heil hitler" without me provoking them at all so it comes as no surprise that my teammates did not left click enemy tanks

The artillery got two oneshot kills on a T-28 and a Sav something that enabled me to carry the north on Sacred Valley otherwise alone against a large number of enemy tanks. I expressed my thanks to our sky helper for winning the match for our team outright, and then accepted their platoon invite to get them a BiA medal. Our other B2, that SMOBOFWAR dude, took an attitude with me because I didn't thank them. Look at that loving account. Look at those 3400 Matilda BP games. These are the people who we play this game with.

Come the gently caress on Wargaming, your matchmaker is broken. We crushed them anyway because our 304 shot enemy tanks and the KV-85 was stock and hid in the back so whatever.

Last game a T-28 w/85mm push me into enemy fire and then drove behind me and tried to push me out in my Churchill 3. We won anyway with me in the top 5 XP. I really wish WGNA would accept tickets for physics abuse.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
I played in a Tier 7 game on Airfield yesterday where we had 0 top tier heavies and the red team had a T29 platoon.

We still won because their platoon/team was absolutely terrible.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Just spent another hour slamming my dick in a drawer at SPG-15. Lakeville. In my M12. First two shots....hit? Sitting at 1200 damage a minute in with a bowl full of heavies to shoot at. Holy poo poo! This is looking good. Oh cool, an enemy scout rapes me because nobody covered the middle. :negative:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Just spent another hour slamming my dick in a drawer at SPG-15. Lakeville. In my M12. First two shots....hit? Sitting at 1200 damage a minute in with a bowl full of heavies to shoot at. Holy poo poo! This is looking good. Oh cool, an enemy scout rapes me because nobody covered the middle. :negative:

would have gotten a LOT of XP and damage if you hit your shotgun.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
arty got styled on? not seeing a problem here

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

ROFLburger posted:

arty got styled on? not seeing a problem here

Thank WG for me playing artillery at all. Glad my 4889 WN8 game wasn't good enough. God forbid I get a lovely Tier 5 TD and decent tank crew.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
While not quite in the class of Hellsau's last one:

I'm in the DW2 because I'm an idiot who thought the medium tank line would go PZ III, PZ IV, Panther (etc) :doh: At the start of Arctic I look at the team make up and decide that going and getting pinata'ed on the Heavy corner was probably not a great idea as even my gold round won't reliably pen their heavies and I have armour of the finest Bavarian cheese. Not only that we have more heavies than the opposition, so I'm not strictly needed. I head North only to see the T1 Heavy was coming too. I prepare my 'We few we lucky few' spray and turn around only to note our Excelsior, Churchill III & VK are also heading North. I turn around again and lead the charge for our largely doomed cap fast hail Mary. Now I have to accept some responsibility for our loss. We might actually have pulled it off if I hadn't tried to chase down a T67 while we were capping out. None the less doing top damage with my (70 alpha) little nail gun is just :psyduck:

Why all the arty hate? We have feelings too.

Like massive hardons when we blind kill, one shot your top tier heavy because gently caress YOU SHITTER!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The packet loss was worse tonight than it's been thus far.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Hellsau one of your HAVOK clan members sent me an incredibly rude and unprovoked afterbattle message :(

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Barry posted:

Hellsau one of your HAVOK clan members sent me an incredibly rude and unprovoked afterbattle message :(

were you bad or were you better than them, this is important, also make the window bigger by clicking and dragging the bottom right corner and take a screenshot with the "print screen" button and upload the picture in the worldoftanks/screenshots folder to imgur and post it here

also I'm Chillsau in game so if I messaged you you probably deserved it

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

The packet loss was worse tonight than it's been thus far.

This. Sweet Jesus fix your poo poo Wargaming.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Hellsau posted:

were you bad or were you better than them, this is important, also make the window bigger by clicking and dragging the bottom right corner and take a screenshot with the "print screen" button and upload the picture in the worldoftanks/screenshots folder to imgur and post it here

also I'm Chillsau in game so if I messaged you you probably deserved it

I had the audacity to shoot him 3 or 4 times in his E25 while he just sort of sat there and took it. I was then killed by a hellcat and my bad teammates couldn't finish him off so I'm not sure what he was crying about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Barry posted:

I had the audacity to shoot him 3 or 4 times in his E25 while he just sort of sat there and took it. I was then killed by a hellcat and my bad teammates couldn't finish him off so I'm not sure what he was crying about

did you shoot gold at him like some sort of wallet warrior scrub