Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
The blind firing formula seems really generous for sniper rifles and accurate weapons, no scope from behind cover all day.

But blind firing smgs seems real bad paradoxically, because they become even less accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Wilekat posted:

What are people feeling is the best way to purchase boxes when getting started? I spammed advanced boxes for a bit and I've ended up with Krogan Vanguard, which is letting me headbutt my way through bronze pretty comfortably.

Should I just save for high tier boxes, or crack middling boxes to try and get stuff to push me into Silver?

I'm buying basic packs until I get a good chunk of the common stuff above rank 5 and then I'll probably buy the advanced and expert packs until I get those things higher ranked, which will lead me to just buying the 100k packs.

Once you max out your commons any common roll will just become consumable equipment so spamming them on missions becomes less of an issue.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Which classes can self-combo the soonest?

I need more explosions.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

shadok posted:

You know, I kind of miss naming my multiplayer guys. If I remember, the Krogans were all either Grrr or Argghh. Also irked that I can't select the perfect shade of blue for my Asari adept.

Named my Krogan Sentinel PACMAN JONES, all caps.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Which classes can self-combo the soonest?

I need more explosions.

Engineer can do it right out of the box

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop

I've had that first glitch before while vanguarding during the trial, all I could do was hop but charging again fixed it

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
I can't get a multiplayer match to finish without crashing!!! WHY????

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/DiscoBabaloo/status/844944239087796226
New class is the krogan gladiator, new weapon is the Ruzad.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

solar energy panel posted:

I can't get a multiplayer match to finish without crashing!!! WHY????

I'm on Ps4 and I've had it crash mid match at least 5 times. :(

Not as bad as your luck but still sucks.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
Now it's crashing before I even start the match! Singleplayer has run smoothly. This is incredibly frustrating.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I got a Mattock but gently caress me if I'm going to use it when "Shoot" is bound to a soft analog trigger and not the clicky trigger

Whyyyyyy did they reverse it and why is there no option to go back to the old way, it's also a pain to hold down L2 and hit L1, holding down L1 and hitting L2 would be a lot easier

also gently caress the new "press two buttons at once to use a power" scheme, on the Asari Sentinel they bound THROW to the "press two buttons" slot, when it would make infinitely more sense to bind Backlash to that especially since Backlash sucks and Throw is god king

e: VAnguard Hop happens to HuVans too, it's the new Vanguard Rapture. It looks pretty hilarious but it sucks!

precision fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 23, 2017

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That weapon they are adding is the neu-claymore right?

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Anyone in the EU with good connections want to message me on Origin for some MP? StickyBee

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh good lord I'm an idiot, I just remembered that PS4 lets you do Custom Button Assignments, I'm gonna switch the trigger buttons so I can actually use rapid-fire weapons (got a Sidewinder too) and see if there's a way to make Triangle "both trigger buttons at once" because I use my third power a lot more than I use melee, goddamn it Bioware

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Is there a way to make me run all the time or at least bind it to something that isn't pressing down on the left stick?

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
I haven't seen any discussion on this and can't find much online right now either.

Thoughts on which packs to buy?
I feel like Expert is a good alternative to Premium right now since buying 2 Experts gives 2 Rares just like Premium would. Probably a lower chance to get Ultra Rare from 2 Experts than 1 Premium but also 10 items instead of 5.

Short term, the Basic packs might be better to get started off for those immediate upgrades but long term only Experts or Premiums?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

precision posted:

Oh good lord I'm an idiot, I just remembered that PS4 lets you do Custom Button Assignments, I'm gonna switch the trigger buttons so I can actually use rapid-fire weapons (got a Sidewinder too) and see if there's a way to make Triangle "both trigger buttons at once" because I use my third power a lot more than I use melee, goddamn it Bioware

So you're "that guy" that never revives people or does objectives :v:

They're doing a stream to show off the new mission and character and it's worse than the facial animations from single player.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Asari sentinel is my highest level class and I think that Backlash is actually very good. It's useful for taking out high rate of fire enemies like Observers and the Kett minigun guys because they'll quickly kill themselves. You can also protect teammates while they're reviving/doing objectives/extracting, lets you close distance for melee, emergency shield if you're in the open, play ping pong with Nullifiers, etc.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
It's amazing that even dying on top of an objective isn't enough to get pubbies to do the devices. Probably 70% of my games would fail if I weren't doing objectives.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I've been in pubbie games where we all try to get the objectives but wave 6 bronze is loving hard with lovely gear and characters. It takes ages to kill enemy heavies that will sync kill you while you're disabling a device.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

MorgaineDax posted:

Is there a way to make me run all the time or at least bind it to something that isn't pressing down on the left stick?

Get an Xbox elite controller and bind it to a paddle

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

IcePhoenix posted:

So you're "that guy" that never revives people or does objectives :v:

They're doing a stream to show off the new mission and character and it's worse than the facial animations from single player.

Oh yeah I forgot that button, to be fair I've gotten weirdly unlucky and pretty much every objective round is Hack or Upload, Devices seem to be very rare.

MorgaineDax posted:

You'd have to free up a button somehow, best suggestion I would have would be to swap "Click L3" and "Square", which would keep your ability to reload on the run intact.

e: it's a bit hard to find, you have to go into Accessibility, Custom Button Assignments, Enable Custom Button Assignments. You can only ever have one Custom Button profile at a time, which is lame, I wish they'd patch it in to where you can have it set on a per-game basis

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

TVDinna posted:

I haven't seen any discussion on this and can't find much online right now either.

Thoughts on which packs to buy?
I feel like Expert is a good alternative to Premium right now since buying 2 Experts gives 2 Rares just like Premium would. Probably a lower chance to get Ultra Rare from 2 Experts than 1 Premium but also 10 items instead of 5.

Short term, the Basic packs might be better to get started off for those immediate upgrades but long term only Experts or Premiums?

Basic Packs include a lot of poo poo you're going to want in the long run, including bringing more consumables per mission and your weapon mods (Scopes/Ultralight Materials, etc). Plus, I'll say it again, the Charger is fan-freaking-tastic for a common. Plus it fills out your Boosters for really cheap.

Bronze missions give about 10k, Silver give about 25k. When you're opening up 5 per round you play, you level stuff pretty quick. Definitely buy a few of the other packs to get new characters and weapons to gently caress around with, though. A Widow 1 is hilariously powerful for clearing Bronze on new characters.Bodyshot instakills all the unshielded guys, headshot instakills anybody shielded.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

precision posted:

I got a Mattock but gently caress me if I'm going to use it when "Shoot" is bound to a soft analog trigger and not the clicky trigger

Whyyyyyy did they reverse it and why is there no option to go back to the old way, it's also a pain to hold down L2 and hit L1, holding down L1 and hitting L2 would be a lot easier

also gently caress the new "press two buttons at once to use a power" scheme, on the Asari Sentinel they bound THROW to the "press two buttons" slot, when it would make infinitely more sense to bind Backlash to that especially since Backlash sucks and Throw is god king

e: VAnguard Hop happens to HuVans too, it's the new Vanguard Rapture. It looks pretty hilarious but it sucks!

But Backlash is overpowered. You take no damage from in front of you while it's up, it reflects everything shot at you assuming you activate it in time and if you go for the increased damage reflect upgrade, you'll get Ascendants killing themselves with their giant orange orb.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Zakmonster posted:

But Backlash is overpowered. You take no damage from in front of you while it's up, it reflects everything shot at you assuming you activate it in time and if you go for the increased damage reflect upgrade, you'll get Ascendants killing themselves with their giant orange orb.

Wait, it reflects the big rear end orb? That's amazing.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

New map being streamed: https://www.twitch.tv/starbuck2190

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Relentless posted:

Wait, it reflects the big rear end orb? That's amazing.

Was reading about this in the ME co-op Reddit. Apparently it's a little tricky and you have to have the orb centered on your shield to properly deflect it. Doing it properly can one shot the ascendant's shield. I have yet to see this in game but I think I have an asari sentinel I can level to test it out. This should work on other big projectiles like not-atlas rockets.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Nechronic posted:

Was reading about this in the ME co-op Reddit. Apparently it's a little tricky and you have to have the orb centered on your shield to properly deflect it. Doing it properly can one shot the ascendant's shield. I have yet to see this in game but I think I have an asari sentinel I can level to test it out. This should work on other big projectiles like not-atlas rockets.

Oh poo poo, it's like the Paladin Shield missle backhand, except it can damage enemies!

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Last night I got this sniper rifle from an expert pack and I'm not sure if it's really good or really bad. It kills most mooks in one shot (in Bronze) but if I miss I'm screwed since it only has one shot in the clip.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Has anyone had a chance to sort out tells for the instagibs aside from the Ascendant? I just got done by a Fiend again who as far as I can tell just rolled on up and grabbed me from behind

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gmq posted:

Last night I got this sniper rifle from an expert pack and I'm not sure if it's really good or really bad. It kills most mooks in one shot (in Bronze) but if I miss I'm screwed since it only has one shot in the clip.

Got that one as well, its super good just don't miss.

Having fun with the raptor as well though it feels like an AR than a sniper.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

One of my strike teams just got a bad negative effect from losing a mission. So maybe just hurling them at the last missions available for a 5% chance of success is actually a bad idea.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I used the Raptor on a turbocharge class and don't even scope with it. It's also sick blindfired.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Two Finger posted:

Has anyone had a chance to sort out tells for the instagibs aside from the Ascendant? I just got done by a Fiend again who as far as I can tell just rolled on up and grabbed me from behind

Are they supposed to be able to teleport around? Everytime I see a Fiend they do it, it looks unnatural considering their size. Two or three times now I'll see one in the distance and think I'm safe, then without warning I'm grabbed and dead.

I don't think it's my connection or the hosts, because every other enemy is moving around normal.

Digirat posted:

One of my strike teams just got a bad negative effect from losing a mission. So maybe just hurling them at the last missions available for a 5% chance of success is actually a bad idea.

I noticed you can retire strike teams, I guess that's an option if they get too many negative effects. I don't know if you have to rebuy them or they get replaced though.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 23, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

katkillad2 posted:

Are they supposed to be able to teleport around? They do it everytime I see them, it looks unnatural considering their size. Two or three times now I'll see one in the distance and think I'm safe, then without warning I'm grabbed and dead.

I don't think it's my connection or the hosts, because every other enemy is moving around normal.

I noticed you can retire strike teams, I guess that's an option if they get too many negative effects. I don't know if you have to rebuy them or they get replaced though.

They have a lunge attack, but I guess time will tell more about their behaviour. I'm getting frustrated with the lag issues, every game I've tried to play today has been unplayable. The enemies being far more mobile and aggressive makes it a lot harder to solo vanguard too. And gently caress those stupid dogs forever, having their dumb lunge attack nullify your reload is just bullshit.

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

How are you supposed to use the venom shotgun/grenade launcher? The grenades bounce all over the place.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Hey guys!

I had a ton of fun with ME3 MP and would be happy to buy this game.

Unfortunately, my desktop gaming rig is a decade old, no joke, although often upgraded and while my quadcore CPU and GTX 750 Ti card easily handle all the games I've tested in the past year or two how rigid are the minimun specs? Will the game declare my 4GB of RAM is not enough (it would cost quite a bit to order older RAM chips from Kingston that support my motherboard) and refuse to let me fire it up, or is it just a recommendation?

One of the Call of Duty games did not let me start the game at all since I lacked the minimun requirement of 6GB of RAM (even though the game only takes 2 at most and ran perfectly well with a slightly modified executable, 60fps all day) so I'm not sure if to buy or not.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Ligur posted:

Hey guys!

I had a ton of fun with ME3 MP and would be happy to buy this game.

Unfortunately, my desktop gaming rig is a decade old, no joke, although often upgraded and while my quadcore CPU and GTX 750 Ti card easily handle all the games I've tested in the past year or two how rigid are the minimun specs? Will the game declare my 4GB of RAM is not enough (it would cost quite a bit to order older RAM chips from Kingston that support my motherboard) and refuse to let me fire it up, or is it just a recommendation?

One of the Call of Duty games did not let me start the game at all since I lacked the minimun requirement of 6GB of RAM (even though the game only takes 2 at most and ran perfectly well with a slightly modified executable, 60fps all day) so I'm not sure if to buy or not.

I dont know about refusing to load, or the ram thing, But my rig is 2year old semi budget build:

i5-4590 quad @ 3.3GHz
8gb ram
GTX 760

The game looks like poo poo in single player sometimes but is definitely playable. It's amazing to me that this game can look worse than DA:I looked for me when it's got 2 years of tech behind it. I don't know how any of that works anyway. Regardless, Multiplayer is much smoother for me and while it doesn't look perfect it's just a bunch of non stop laser n explosions anyway and is very playable and very fun.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Finally started playing this this afternoon, I think my plan will be buying Basic packs until I hit 10 with something then go from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I think everyone should aim for getting a Charger X since it's apparently the only decent common gun.

• Locked thread