Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Ya I just couldn't think of another duo who fit the mold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Dinosaurs! posted:

When you said "meet" instead of "versus" I should have realized you were making a specific Abbott and Costello reference, yea.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

It'll be a Fast & Furious sequel where they fight xenos with cars and race predators

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

We almost had a MiB-Jump Street movie.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Aliens vs. Predator vs. Riddick is something that I've heard discussed seriously as something that should actually happen. I am not opposed.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Dinosaurs! posted:

Kevin Hart and Dwayne Johnson as two old high school friends who team up to save America after one of them joins the Space Marines in order to save the world from an alien who has an intention to eat babies.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
The Rock(playing himself, Hollywood actor The Rock) is the first celebrity to sign up on a marketing campaign to go into space and spend a week on a new civilian accessible space station. Turns out there's a Xeno on board and now only The Rock can save everyone and prevent the Alien from making it back to Earth.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
If that sounds even okay. The sad part is you'll actually get Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy with infrared fart jokes and crotch launchers.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Basebf555 posted:

Aliens vs. Predator vs. Riddick is something that I've heard discussed seriously as something that should actually happen. I am not opposed.

I'd be down for this. David Twohy is a big Alien/AvP fan, and he even wrote one of the better (rejected) Alien3 script drafts back in the day. A bunch of elements from it got recycled in Chronicles of Riddick.

Let Twohy write and direct AvPvR and I think we'd end up with a pretty entertaining movie.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Seems redundant. Riddick is already the predator analog in all his movies.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Kevin Hart and Dwayne Johnson as two old high school friends who team up to save America after one of them joins the Space Marines in order to save the world from an alien who has an intention to eat babies.

I wish I could find a Kevin Hart movie I like. Get Hard is funny, but its because of Will Farrell really...

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

banned from Starbucks posted:

Seems redundant. Riddick is already the predator analog in all his movies.

I'd love it if it turned out that Riddick is like the ultimate White Whale to Predators. He's legendary prey that only a handful of Predators even believe is real, and maybe a squad gets information that he's on a certain planet and they come after him.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Eh, if you want Aliens vs Riddick just watch Pitch Black.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Riddicks universe is more of an absurd Warhammer 40k style thing than the lovecraftian cosmic horror stuff of Alien.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Riddicks universe is more of an absurd Warhammer 40k style thing than the lovecraftian cosmic horror stuff of Alien.

That's only really the dumb rear end hell Necromonger stuff.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

it really should be Terminator and not Riddick

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 243 days!

If there's one concept that requires total seriousness, it's AvP

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
The little scene more falcon-like Weyland-Yutana logo in the cafeteria in Alien 3 always made it seem like a weird Warhammer 40K movie along with the vague spiritualism (especially in the Assembly Cut). Which makes sense since Warhammer 40K takes a ton of poo poo from Alien/Aliens/Alien 3, Judge Dredge, Dune, whatever cool sci-fi poo poo exists it borrows from liberally (much like the Riddick franchise). There's even an entire spin off game/line of figures called Necromunda which is basically "what if the absolute dregs of Warhammer 40K society lived on the Alien 3 planet." It's actually my favorite Games Workshop product ever, I like that on the packaging it was subtitled ***BATTLE FOR SURVIVAL IN THE NIGHTMARE UNDERHIVE***

I mean as far as already ridiculous stupid stuff like AvP movies hell yeah make it as Riddick/Warhammer 40K as possible, what's Game Workshop or Universal going to do sue them for stealing the ideal of space marines going somewhere to get ambushed by and then fight with xenomorphs? :laffo:

Like regardless of what one thinks of AvP and AvP Requiem I can't imagine anyone getting excited for a third AvP movie where both species are around on earth in the present day. Fox should throw some actual money at it and have it be in the future already.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

That said I still hope the earliest rumored (I can't remember from where and it's too potentially cool to actually happen anyway) premise for a fourth Riddick flick happens where he follows Carl Urban into the "Underverse" or whatever and it becomes sci-fi Dante's Inferno with Keith David's Abu al-Walid taking the part of Virgil and leading Riddick on a surreal journey through the psyches of all the people he's hosed over on their way to stop Carl Urban from becoming the new God or eating everyone's soul or whatever.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Mar 23, 2017

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I love Riddick and carl urban and dread and just want more of all of that poo poo. I also like Keith David and all his voice acting work.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Nah theres a ton of other goofy poo poo in there too. Literal Hell prison planet, Elemental beings, Riddicks weird race of unconquerable whatevers the fucks, alien raptors.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Vin Diesel is unironically my favorite actor thanks to the Riddick movies.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Did we find out whether there was actual beef with The Rock on the set of the last F&F movie?

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Pretty rad new poster.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

That is a legitimately disturbing poster.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

That poster owns, loving the classical art references

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Did we find out whether there was actual beef with The Rock on the set of the last F&F movie?

No, but there was actual beefcake.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Spalec posted:

Pretty rad new poster.

that is just straight up great. love all the posters and promo poo poo this time around

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Some think the Rock-Diesel feud is just a marketing stunt based on the plot of the new F&F movie where Dom appears to betray their Family.

It might even get resolved at Wrestlemania in April.

Spalec posted:

Pretty rad new poster.

Lobok posted:

Reminds me of Rodin's "Gates of Hell"

(it's hard finding good pictures of detail of the inner panels):

Remote User
Nov 17, 2003

Hope deleted.
Query: Is the "work print" version, the same as "assembly cut"? I'm having a hard time finding an assembly cut version. The blu ray quadrilogy offers the "work print".

Avicus
Aug 31, 2007
Gentleman Bastard
Grimey Drawer
In the middle of the top of the poster... Is that what I think it is?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Poster looks like the bit in Resurrection where Ripley falls through a flooring grate onto a writhing pile of xenos... I think at that point in the making of, Sigourney has gone full bore into "I wanted Ripley and the aliens to bang"

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Remote User posted:

Query: Is the "work print" version, the same as "assembly cut"? I'm having a hard time finding an assembly cut version. The blu ray quadrilogy offers the "work print".
Yes. There are only two versions total as far as I know.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Avicus posted:

Yes, it is Elizabeth Shaw!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

where

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Its been established that Jesus was an Engineer, so that's no big surprise.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Avicus posted:

Looks like an Alien Queen head to me.

Avicus
Aug 31, 2007
Gentleman Bastard
Grimey Drawer

Xenomrph posted:

Looks like an Alien Queen head to me.

Yep, that's what I'm seeing!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Yo! Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen, new ALIENS COLORING BOOK PAGES are out.

These will go great with the Aliens in yoga pose figurines that came out last year.

Also, Alien3 related, ADI recently posted up an archive video of the sculpting process for the wrecked Bishop animatronic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fRq6qxObzM

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 28, 2017

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
The two on the bottom right are freaking adorable, and look like a teenage alien talking on the phone about her crush at school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Remote User posted:

Yes. For the bluray release they did some ADR to clean up the sound in the scenes that the original assembly cut had used subtitles for.