Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Hellsau posted:

did you shoot gold at him like some sort of wallet warrior scrub

Nope, regular old AP from the T-34-85M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

McGavin posted:

This. Sweet Jesus fix your poo poo Wargaming.

This most recent update had another 'locale' update in it. One can hope the shittiness is them *trying* to find a routing fix...but that still doesn't change the fact that they probably 1) have a contract with Telia that it'd cost them a fortune to break or get out of, and/or 2) they don't want to have any lengthy downtime to move their servers to another (probably pricier) data center.

Also, the listed IP address for NA East's login server no longer has any overt indicators that it's a WoT server, it's just dc11-sl-b21.fe.core.pw [162.216.229.21].

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 24, 2017

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's even bad on NA West. Like "tap W to peek around a corner and end up driving straight for 2 seconds" bad.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

McGavin posted:

It's even bad on NA West. Like "tap W to peek around a corner and end up driving straight for 2 seconds" bad.

Yeah that's what makes no sense to me. When the patch first dropped and everyone started getting packet loss, it got to the point where I told my platoon, "hey I know West is poo poo, but maybe we should go there and deal with the poo poo players and higher ping to escape Telia" but hah Wargaming sure showed me exactly how incompetent they are!

EU goons, are y'all geting markedly more packet loss since 9.17 came out? If this problem is only hurting the NA server then I get why Wargaming doesn't seem to give a poo poo about fixing it but if it's hurting the other servers then I don't understand how this isn't priority #1. The game straight up isn't playable for large segments of time.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
For the random times I played today, I had no issues on east.

Also, I'm broken and somewhat enjoy the strv s1.

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
SEA server players in Australia have been complaining about lag the past few weeks. I'm in Singapore as is the server so i usually don't have issues (20-30ms ping on my home wifi) but i've experienced a few games with ridiculous lag in the past few weeks. Straight up unplayable with it hits.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Hellsau posted:

Yeah that's what makes no sense to me. When the patch first dropped and everyone started getting packet loss, it got to the point where I told my platoon, "hey I know West is poo poo, but maybe we should go there and deal with the poo poo players and higher ping to escape Telia" but hah Wargaming sure showed me exactly how incompetent they are!

EU goons, are y'all geting markedly more packet loss since 9.17 came out? If this problem is only hurting the NA server then I get why Wargaming doesn't seem to give a poo poo about fixing it but if it's hurting the other servers then I don't understand how this isn't priority #1. The game straight up isn't playable for large segments of time.

I don't seem to have any issues on NA east. The only time i do is due to my sucky connection because jimbo two rooms down wants to xbox 24/7 and torrent poo poo like crazy.

My biggest issue is it's been three days and I haven't had a winning team. A good portion of the time I'm the top damage dealer, and it's just never enough to counter pubbies melting like ice under a sun lamp. It's like WG got whiff of me wanting to improve myself and said "haha, nope"

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
im going up the foch line because there is so many free exp boosters the tier 8 isnt as bad as the tier 10 but its still bad dont have top gun yet

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I had the tier 8 unlocked right when they nerfed the 155 into the dirt and just couldn't ever be bothered to continue on.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Axetrain posted:

I had the tier 8 unlocked right when they nerfed the 155 into the dirt and just couldn't ever be bothered to continue on.

good choice because the tier 10 is junk im just doing it cause all these exp boosts i needed a second line grind so when my swedish grind tank dies (td) i go to another grind ya know.

this guy called me an idiot SAD! probably FAKE news! oh well..im gonna start asking people who pm me because they are mad to be my friend and then keep talking to them for aslong as it goes http://imgur.com/a/9PZZL ( i have been provoking allies with trump slangs all night i got a rel2 to kill me in my t92 doing it tanks for the 45k credits huehue)

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Mar 24, 2017

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Hellsau posted:

EU goons, are y'all geting markedly more packet loss since 9.17 came out?
Sometimes for horrendous stretches of time. I'll let go of W but nope somehow my tank will just carry on rolling forward and drive up some rocks out in the open.

Today's mission is another pile of loving poo poo; get 30 kills. Sounds easy -- and it should be -- but Wargaming's patented Rigged Number Generator™ is out and about and I'm suddenly missing short-range shots for no reason other than "gently caress you, that's why".

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I had a miserable night last night. An endless string of sub 30% win chance blowouts broken up only by the occasional win where I was not in the action.

But I'm really looking forward to playing tonight. God help me.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

There's always some useless loving chai-sniping oval office stealing kills. I loving hate this playerbase.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Drive a real tank with 1000+ alpha, conversely drive a low tier powerhouse premium.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

got the 120 on amx tier 8 french td finally first game in it was over 4k dmg ace and over 1300 base exp its good tank

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Sometimes for horrendous stretches of time. I'll let go of W but nope somehow my tank will just carry on rolling forward and drive up some rocks out in the open.

Today's mission is another pile of loving poo poo; get 30 kills. Sounds easy -- and it should be -- but Wargaming's patented Rigged Number Generator™ is out and about and I'm suddenly missing short-range shots for no reason other than "gently caress you, that's why".

lol if you don't finish the mission today in two battles

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Hremsfeld posted:

i think iv already got it done, also trying to ace the e3 for the ace sticker..gonna be hard

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Hremsfeld posted:

One battle. TK your whole team at spawn, then clean up the other team.

Then drive into a lake.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

JuffoWup posted:

For the random times I played today, I had no issues on east.

Also, I'm broken and somewhat enjoy the strv s1.

Ditto, East was surprisingly ok last night.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I took the night off last night thats probably why the servers were ok.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Over the past few days the game has been unplayable for me due to the lag spikes. I blame it on buying a month of premium. Sorry guys, the servers are going to suck rear end for another 25 days and it's my faul.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

i just lost to this guy he probably just had the best game on the NA server EVER http://imgur.com/a/5dtWn

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Turmoilx posted:

i just lost to this guy he probably just had the best game on the NA server EVER http://imgur.com/a/5dtWn

What do you expect out of a guy named Gordon Freeman?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Had a battle with a guy named Godarian last night. He was about as good as you'd expect.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

McGavin posted:

Had a battle with a guy named Godarian last night. He was about as good as you'd expect.
I've lost count of how many Rommels/Romels/Romells etc. I've encountered over the years.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Sand River is a shithole and I hate it

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

ROFLburger posted:

Anyone who likes it is a leper.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

There's always some useless loving chai-sniping oval office stealing kills. I loving hate this playerbase.

Chai-Sniping and kill-stealing doesn't really go hand in hand.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ROFLburger posted:

With zero artillery, Sand River is tolerable but not usually fun. With artillery, suddenly the middle gorge and the south aren't playable anymore, so it turns into a campfest.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Turmoilx posted:

I just rebought my A-43 and it seems very good to me.

I find myself wondering why Cromwells are so favored in strongholds and you rarely see A-43s. The A-43 seems just about as fast and the gun handling feels a lot better.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

because it isnt a cromwell B

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

NotWearingPants posted:

I just rebought my A-43 and it seems very good to me.

I find myself wondering why Cromwells are so favored in strongholds and you rarely see A-43s. The A-43 seems just about as fast and the gun handling feels a lot better.

that guy killed me i had a pretty good game for being in the tier 6 swedish td i had 1700 dmg he killed me i went on to the next battle expecting that game to win man i was confused when i seen his score and sad :( yeah i think that tank is OP now, he seemed to snapshot everything too

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
War gods and the last few light tank missions on the first campaign are driving me up a wall. Feels entirely up to RNG if you are going to get the map you need or if your shells actually land where you want.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

HT-12 and the light one where you have to spot and damage 3 arties are literally the worst.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

McGavin posted:

HT-12 and the light one where you have to spot and damage 3 arties are literally the worst.

For the light one, Serene Coast, south position, is a good map. Run over to the spotting bush in G8 and light stuff in the D7, D8 area while you wait for the heavies to get into position. Hopefully you spot, and your teammates kill, any tanks setting up in the middle. Then check out the map and if everyone is spotted and committed to the east and west flanks, swing back to the west around the lake and go right up the middle.

Ruinberg and Sacred Valley are also good maps for going right up the middle once flanks are established imho.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

NotWearingPants posted:

For the light one, Serene Coast, south position, is a good map. Run over to the spotting bush in G8 and light stuff in the D7, D8 area while you wait for the heavies to get into position. Hopefully you spot, and your teammates kill, any tanks setting up in the middle. Then check out the map and if everyone is spotted and committed to the east and west flanks, swing back to the west around the lake and go right up the middle.

Ruinberg and Sacred Valley are also good maps for going right up the middle once flanks are established imho.

The light one requires:
1) For there to be 3 arty on the enemy team.
2) That nobody spots them before you do.
3) That you manage to hit and do damage to all three of them before one of your teammates kills one.

The chance of these three things happening together is so low that it's already almost a statistical anomaly regardless of whatever map you're playing on.

HT-12 requires:
1) You to be driving a tank with actual armour and no glaring weak spots.
2) Enemies so loving retarded and cowardly that they just keep shooting your armour over and over again without trying to flank or switching to HE or gold.
3) Teammates so loving incompetent that they leave enemies alive to shoot you.

Again, the chance of these three things happening together is so low that it's virtually impossible.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Still not quite done with the first skill on my radioman before BIA kicks in again, but once that's done, this tank should be even more fun.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

McGavin posted:

The light one requires:
1) For there to be 3 arty on the enemy team.
2) That nobody spots them before you do.
3) That you manage to hit and do damage to all three of them before one of your teammates kills one.

The chance of these three things happening together is so low that it's already almost a statistical anomaly regardless of whatever map you're playing on.

I was suggesting that the missioneer takes steps to make it happen on specific maps because the odds of it happening by chance are so low.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

My M44 HEAT rounds get bounced so much. Either that or I get a critical hit on a component. I will give WG credit though, having crits be a disappointment is novel game design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

NotWearingPants posted:

I was suggesting that the missioneer takes steps to make it happen on specific maps because the odds of it happening by chance are so low.

Yeah, because you can make 3 arty appear on the enemy team on the map of your choice with good play.