Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I thought Kuzumi went a little far, to be honest. While the protagonist was really insensitive with what she said, it was transparently obvious that she was flailing around because he wouldn't respond to her and she didn't know what to say. I hope he apologizes later and says he was just feeling stressed out or something.

When was the first time? I thought this was the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Kuzumi got uppity and rude af.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Ytlaya posted:

When was the first time? I thought this was the first time.
After the karaoke party, real early in the series.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
New Kaguya

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Chapter is titled "Kaguya wants to marry"

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Haha, Result of Today's Battle: N/A right off the bat.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/HugBdrill/status/842949759941853187

From a poster at the yuri exhibit that opened in Ikebukuro/Osaka today.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

z0glin Warchief posted:

Kase's thirst could not be contained in mere paper.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

I'm glad the universe heard me complaining about Citrus and NTR and decided to answer my prayers maybe.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

:rip: Ishigami.

(Also, sooner or later Kaguya's gonna murder Fujiwara.)

z0glin Warchief posted:

Please, God, yes.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Good good. I appreciate the fact that even though Kase -san is a super fluffy series overall, it doesn't shy away from the fact that physical attraction is a thing and completely normal for the characters to feel. A lot of yuri seems to go for the super chaste thing which just seems kind of fake to me.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lemon-Lime posted:

I'm glad the universe heard me complaining about Citrus and NTR and decided to answer my prayers maybe.

Vaguely related to this, what exactly is up with the use of "NTR"? A year or two ago I suddenly started to see a bunch of comments in romance stories talking about it constantly. I understand that it means "netorare" which is basically the protagonist's love interest being "taken away" by someone else or cheating on them, but I constantly see people refer to stuff like, for example, a male childhood friend of the love interest showing up as NTR. And they freak out too, people are always like "OH GOD DROPPING THIS IF IT'S NTR" when it's super super obvious that the love interest isn't going to be hooking up with any non-MC characters in that story. They act like they have some sort of NTR trauma or something and the mere possibility of the love interest being interested in any non-protagonist characters makes them flip out.

So I guess I'm asking 1. why this term suddenly started to be used so frequently and 2. why people freak out so much about it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

suggestion: don't read batoto comments because 99.9% of them are written by dumbasses

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's funny how in Kase-san the male students are literally faceless.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Apparently it's some elementary school level thing where you practice hiragana by drawing faces with the letters.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Everything Burrito posted:

suggestion: don't read batoto comments because 99.9% of them are written by dumbasses

The only exception being the witty, intelligent discussions at The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
time for another very good horimiya

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Horimiya/Chapter-075?id=348252

you're stupid!

edit: and a new Yona!

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Akatsuki-no-Yona/Chapter-138?id=358185

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 20, 2017

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Touma-kun by Amano Shuninta.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
"You'd best not underestimate the red dragon" should be this series' subtitle IMO.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

Apparently it's some elementary school level thing where you practice hiragana by drawing faces with the letters.

The henohenomoheji face is actually older than the concept of elementary schools in Japan; you'll see it used in classrooms, but that's because it's the go-to "low-effort face" (basically the equivalent of like ☺) and happens to made out of kana, not because it's a specifically elementary school thing.

Also I really wish there was a way to read back issues of Kase-san. There hasn't been a new volume release in over 18 months, and only the most recent chapter is readable online (and it's published in a digital magazine, so you can't just go buy used copies). I don't want to skip any chapters, so I've been stuck at the end of volume three for over a year now. :negative:

Hopefully the anime thing is true and spurs a bunch of interest so they start putting out volumes again. The whole "not numbering chapters/volumes and giving each volume a different title" thing I think was a mistake; if I had to guess I'd say that plays a big part in why they haven't sold well enough to keep putting them out, it's just so hard to follow or know where you're supposed to pick up as a new reader.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Ytlaya posted:

Vaguely related to this, what exactly is up with the use of "NTR"? A year or two ago I suddenly started to see a bunch of comments in romance stories talking about it constantly. I understand that it means "netorare" which is basically the protagonist's love interest being "taken away" by someone else or cheating on them, but I constantly see people refer to stuff like, for example, a male childhood friend of the love interest showing up as NTR. And they freak out too, people are always like "OH GOD DROPPING THIS IF IT'S NTR" when it's super super obvious that the love interest isn't going to be hooking up with any non-MC characters in that story. They act like they have some sort of NTR trauma or something and the mere possibility of the love interest being interested in any non-protagonist characters makes them flip out.

So I guess I'm asking 1. why this term suddenly started to be used so frequently and 2. why people freak out so much about it.

Anime fans have problems with women and think they should only ever have sex with them, or, by extension, the lovely mc in all thse manga.

The MC, of course, is free to gently caress any chick

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

jackofarcades posted:

Rowdy Ringsports posters have problems with women and think they should only ever have sex with them, or, by extension, the "pro wrestler" in all thse pay per view specials.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

z0glin Warchief posted:

The henohenomoheji face is actually older than the concept of elementary schools in Japan; you'll see it used in classrooms, but that's because it's the go-to "low-effort face" (basically the equivalent of like ☺) and happens to made out of kana, not because it's a specifically elementary school thing.

Also I really wish there was a way to read back issues of Kase-san. There hasn't been a new volume release in over 18 months, and only the most recent chapter is readable online (and it's published in a digital magazine, so you can't just go buy used copies). I don't want to skip any chapters, so I've been stuck at the end of volume three for over a year now. :negative:

Hopefully the anime thing is true and spurs a bunch of interest so they start putting out volumes again. The whole "not numbering chapters/volumes and giving each volume a different title" thing I think was a mistake; if I had to guess I'd say that plays a big part in why they haven't sold well enough to keep putting them out, it's just so hard to follow or know where you're supposed to pick up as a new reader.

Are you just boycotting Dynasty Reader or something?

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/kase_san

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

7c Nickel posted:

Dynasty doesn't post raws.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

I mean, this is also correct.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

I try to read stuff through legit means as much as possible nowadays, at least when it's something I like and want to support, because I know I rarely can get myself to pay for something I've already read :shobon:. Especially for relatively niche titles like Kase-san.

I tell ya, learning Japanese has made this hobby a lot harder on my wallet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chapter one of now loading, a yuri romance manga about a mobile game company.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
whoa! a new group picked up Himitsu and has put out several chapters already. Looks like it's a couple people focused just on continuing this manga which is awesome and I hope they can actually finish it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

chapter one of now loading, a yuri romance manga about a mobile game company.

This is good, and also she's good:

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kaguya-sama-wa-Kokurasetai-Tensai-tachi-no-Renai-Zunousen/Vol-006-Ch-058--Ai-Hayasaka-Wants-to-Seduce?id=358905

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Fushiginokuni-no-Arisugawa-san/Vol-001-Ch-001?id=358747

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

So how long until Kaguya notices the significance of what Shirogane just said?

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
haha so Hayasaka follows the Hydraulic Press channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcMDMoNu66_1Hwi5-MeiQgw

I wonder if it was the same in the raws

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Vesi posted:

haha so Hayasaka follows the Hydraulic Press channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcMDMoNu66_1Hwi5-MeiQgw

I wonder if it was the same in the raws

It is

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Lies->

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
I never really knew or thought I would care for this genre of manga but I found that I love it to bits. In a mad fit of sadbrains, I went back to page 170 of this thread and compiled a list consisting of everything that was recommended. Now I am slowly chunking through it all and by and large enjoying it. I'm bouncing off a few of the high school ones like Kaguya but I think that I'm not in the right state of mind for them right now.

So far of the ongoing series, I've liked Magnus Bride enough to look for physical copies, a first time for me. The world building is great, there is a good clip of constant character development and cute stuff and yet there is still a lot of tension. The romantic tension is also so different compared to the other series. Other series seem to lean on the suspense of the will they/ won't they romantic angle (or that Jun is a goddamn moron). Magnus Bride feels like watching a romance between a doctor and a terminally ill patient. Things move faster sure but I fully expect that Chise will die. So much of the story thus far has revolved around the interactions of love and death as themes that there is no way it is going to have a happy ending. All the sweet moments just have this looming sad edge to them.

Obligatory shoutouts to Bonnouji being awesome. Best recommendation. Best idiot couple.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Check out Otoyomegatari/Young Bride's Story, too, tho we don't really talk about it here because it's a historical manga as well as cute romance.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If that list doesn't include Kakuaku Shikajika, then I recommend you also read Kakukaku Shikajika.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Kaguya can be a slow start if you want romance more than mind games and pranks, but it gets increasingly adorable as it goes on.