Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Where would I find heat resist armor or something I can craft for heat resist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of the map, I wish it showed a breadcrumb trail of your recent steps. I miss that from Guild Wars 2.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The deku tree even hints at doing that if you fail to pull the sword at 40+ shrines, which makes it odd that they didn't skip a step and have it check "have you gotten 10 upgrades y/n" rather than just hearts.

Motto fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 25, 2017

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

If you try to pull out the sword a second time without enough hearts, do you actually die?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

veni veni veni posted:

Heat as in desert or heat as in volcano? Desert just equip a frost weapon until you can find the guy to sell you Gerudo girl gear; volcano you need to catch fireproof lizards on Death Mt to make an elixir and to swap for the first piece of fireproof armour. Girl at the stables will sell you elixir so you can survive until then.

Ed: make sure to talk to people at the mine before Goron City.

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 25, 2017

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
The only thing this game is missing is giving you a death total after you beat it.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Your Journey begins at the Kara kara bazaar, as you need to find a way into Gerudo City.

If you're looking for Flame Resistant Armor, head towards death mountain.

comingafteryouall posted:

If you try to pull out the sword a second time without enough hearts, do you actually die?

yes

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
what the hell does the ishto soh shrine want me to do

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

spit on my clit posted:

What's the trial called? That's usually a decent hint.

Nendil
Apr 4, 2005

3D movies are the dumbest fad since pull-ups.

Motto posted:

The deku tree even hints at doing that if you fail to pull the sword at 40+ shrines, which makes it odd that they didn't skip a step and have it check "have you gotten 10 upgrades y/n" rather than just hearts.

You need 1312 hearts to get the best sword in Zelda 1, that's why.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

spit on my clit posted:

The laser can move. It can also be Stasis'd.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Runcible Cat posted:

What's the trial called? That's usually a decent hint.

"Bravery's Grasp"

nothing about it really seems to require bravery other than the optional chest. hell, maybe that does have something to do with it?

grilldos posted:

son of a gently caress

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
A brave man grasps a laser.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

grilldos posted:

I never figured that out and did more or less this.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Motto posted:

I never figured that out and did more or less this.

Lmao this is more complicated than the intended solution

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
I pray for those of you who suffer through the shrine where you need to do bullet time arrows.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Like what do you people think the moving platform is for on that shrine. Why would it exist?

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Ok this game has not been hard but the fact that getting caught in the Yiga Clan Hideout is guaranteed death is kinda bullshit. That's a little too unforgiving.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

I completely missed the laser when I first did the shrine. I just used arrows to hit the switch each time. Then I realized I hadn't found the chest and, oh.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Space T Rex posted:

Ok this game has not been hard but the fact that getting caught in the Yiga Clan Hideout is guaranteed death is kinda bullshit. That's a little too unforgiving.

It's not you can run away or kill them if you're good.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
What do you mean run away? The door slams shut.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Space T Rex posted:

What do you mean run away? The door slams shut.

you have to kill them to run away ;)

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

grilldos posted:

Like what do you people think the moving platform is for on that shrine. Why would it exist?

This is what gets me when people don't get puzzles. Literally step 1 of solving a puzzle is assessing what the puzzle pieces are. :psyduck:

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy how many ways you can solve the puzzles in this game and that video is a good example... but man some people are bad at solving even the most basic puzzles.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I thought the laser piece was a set object like a windmill

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Every time you get stuck in a puzzle take a step back and reassess the assumptions you made going in. Some are going to be accurate, and some will not be. Test them!

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Your Computer posted:

This is what gets me when people don't get puzzles. Literally step 1 of solving a puzzle is assessing what the puzzle pieces are. :psyduck:

Actually the first step of solving a puzzle is throwing yourself at it until something works and stopping when it doesn't. :colbert:

Edit:

Lemming posted:

Every time you get stuck in a puzzle take a step back and reassess the assumptions you made going in. Some are going to be accurate, and some will not be. Test them!

Sometimes, though, you end up doing the solution incorrectly somehow and then you end up on the wrong track. This happened to me in the shrine near the Faron stable when trying to get the second chest. For some reason, I couldn't get enough height using the first chest as a counterweight, but apparently I was just doing it wrong somehow because that was the solution.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Space T Rex posted:

You can beat them if you're insanely strong. Or do what I did and lure them into a corridor and then blindfire ancient arrows when they teleport in. Banished all the buff swordsmen doing this with only three volleys from a x3 bow.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Harrow posted:

I think that's just the weird tapestry style. Zelda has red skin there, too.

Yeah but at least Zelda has blond hair, Link's representation just straight up looks like Ganon/Dorf. It's so strange to me.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Internet Kraken posted:

The master sword is lame and I'm glad you don't actually need it for anything.

Memories of my first reaction in OOT being to empty out my supply of bombs, bombchus, arrows, and just go loving berserker with the biggoron sword for "Way too long".

I like the Master Sword itself, I think it's pretty swell. But I can understand being frustrated with 'Sorry, doesn't matter how much rear end you kick. Only this ONE THING actually counts'. Even when the method is really implemented rather conveniently for you personally.

It's a hard task, keeping a legendary artifact relevant without breaking the game, but also not slotting it into "But Though Must: The Weapon" territory. The fact you could still pull it off here by bringing a big enough arsenal of gardening tools means nobody has to resent a cool sword just trying to do it's job.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The only cool thing about the master sword is that it shoots beams but those beams do crap damage so gently caress it

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Even after two weeks of playing and beating the game and mapping all of Hyrule I'm STILL discovering new stables.
Also new weapons like Rito swords which I didn't know existed until super recently

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Internet Kraken posted:

The only cool thing about the master sword is that it shoots beams but those beams do crap damage so gently caress it

Shush, you're making me remember I want the legendary Lizal Tri-Force boomerang.

"Not content to just add even more mundane blades to their boomerangs, some enterprising Lizalfos has somehow stolen the Tri-Force. For a shockingly simple, but oddly effective, end result for such an artifact."

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 25, 2017

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

In response to the chatter last page about "they say 100 years but it feels more like 10 or 20" my response is "it's not Earth and days are super short so don't try to apply real world norms to Hyrule." This isn't Drakengard. Hyrule Warriors may have added inter-dimensionality between the games but it didn't push Link through a portal to Tokyo.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I just got the full set of Guardian armour and it's so adorably Moebius I never want to wear anything else.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
gently caress farming for fallen stars, what does the armor of the Hero set bonus do (the 8-bit link amiibo costume)

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

gently caress farming for fallen stars, what does the armor of the Hero set bonus do (the 8-bit link amiibo costume)

+damage on your master sword beam

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Drewjitsu posted:

+damage on your master sword beam

i wonder how far that goes. I wish those descriptions were a little more descriptive of the boost it gives.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

i wonder how far that goes. I wish those descriptions were a little more descriptive of the boost it gives.

From what I've read, default is 10, boosted is 24. It's a pretty :geno: upgrade.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its basically worthless. Stick to tri-boomerangs for your projectile weapon needs.

If weapon crafting existed I would fill my inventory with nothing but boomerangs (and one boulder breaker).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Click