Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Mclaren sounds weird. They are running de tuned engines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

I recall that $120m was their entire operating budget a couple of years ago. They would have Alonso assassinated for that kind of deal.

Maybe they did...

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Nice to see Haas has (apparently?) fixed their t-wing issues. Hopefully whatever downforce it actually contributes to will keep Rogro from partaking in spats of autocross during qualifying.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Human Grand Prix posted:

That's what I mean. It isn't coming from inside the company. They need a third party to help.

I agree, if they had these issues but it was blindingly fast and they were on it I think everyone would be far less frustrated. But its clear that they need somebody to go and at least get them going down the right path.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

DoctorGonzo posted:

The Mclaren sounds weird. They are running de tuned engines?

It sounds like its not getting complete combustion to me, they're also shifting low because of the vibration thing so its probably dropping out of the powerband.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sky f1 is trash. Talking on the on board laps, dont informing that Steffan run out. Bad!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
And yes, I would also pursue Illien. I rate him very highly so I'm biased but I can't think of anyone else.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Red Bull B team looking pretty fast imo

That's my boy Chili :ese:

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Seb just did a flyer. The tension is incredible.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Phwoar Seb

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Ferrari is flying.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Oh baby!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
These cars are looking pretty drat quick :catstare:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Jesus almost 20kph quicker through T14 than last year

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
This year is going to be good I'm feeling it fellas

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Looks like mad max has a loose rear end.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The RedBull is nowhere near the top.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

The RedBull is nowhere near the top.

Hot take: Newey's time has passed

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

Hot take: Newey's time has passed

I've been saying that a while now. He's a spent force.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Plot twist: Renault tires of Red Bull's poo poo, swaps them for McLaren.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
LMAO STROLL

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
RIP Williams

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.hasstrollcrashedyet.com/

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Let's practice not hitting the wall

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm hootin and hollaring on my coach at my dog about Lance Stroll binning it into the wall yet again

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

drat it Lance. If your going to gently caress up the car at least plow the drat thing into Hamilton.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why the Lance hate?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lance didn't wreck it in earlier practices because he is a pro and knows to save it for the smallest amount of time before qualification

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Who is stroll gonna hit in turn 1 on race day?

DoctorGonzo posted:

Why the Lance hate?

son of a billionaire pay driver, there because of money, not because of skill.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
phwoar Are Stroll putting it on the very limit trying to get everything out of the car there.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Lance didn't wreck it in earlier practices because he is a pro and knows to save it for the smallest amount of time before qualification

Imagine if they can't repair it before quali and he has to start at the back

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Powershift posted:

Who is stroll gonna hit in turn 1 on race day?

son of a billionaire pay driver, there because of money, not because of skill.

Thanks!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

phwoar Are Stroll putting it on the very limit trying to get everything out of the car there.

A real driver's driver

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well maybe they shouldnt put 18 years old in these cars then!

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 25, 2017

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

DoctorGonzo posted:

Well maybe they shouldnt put 18 years in these cars then!

:getin:

Stroll just wanted to give FOM time to shoot more shots of Nicole Kidman.

Nill fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 25, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

They can, but maybe they should be sure the driver is capable of handling it.

are mad max was 18 when he won his first race, had just barely turned 19 when he did what he did in brazil.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

DoctorGonzo posted:

Only the noble Dutch race has proven talented enough to provide us quality drivers at such a young age

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Only the noble Dutch race has proven talented enough to provide us quality drivers at such a young age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y-Zm-dBcng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Super Seb and the Kimster charming Nicole Kidman. The Scud know how to do PR.

• Locked thread