Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Does anyone know if the SP Cryo Pod bonuses apply to Apex missions as in actual MP, or the lovely phone app? I'd take a 15% credit bonus and chance for items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Chasiubao posted:

Does anyone know if the SP Cryo Pod bonuses apply to Apex missions as in actual MP, or the lovely phone app? I'd take a 15% credit bonus and chance for items.

Only singleplayer stuff I would imagine.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

RatHat posted:

Only singleplayer stuff I would imagine.

Ah sorry should have been more specific. There are a few perks that say bonus credits for Apex missions. I'm just not sure if that refers to the phone app or to actual MP, since story wise, MP are Apex teams.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Also FYI for people trying to figure it out, there is no 200% recharge rate or anything for taking tiny lightweight weapons like in ME3. It's just a flat normal recharge threshold till you're overweight. So there's no reason to bring anything other than what you can eck out around the threshold.

Also also, the threshold for vanguards is about lvl 8 before you can really start murdering things. Once you're over that hump, vanguards are fun. Unless you're fighting observers. Then you're sad.

Bootcha fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Mar 27, 2017

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
Something to consider too, Mass Effect 3 was the Unreal Engine and Andromeda is Frostbite. There may be differences in regards to how they handle as far as MP is related. So far they feel pretty consistent for me, though theres some awkwardness in ME:A that other people have already pointed out. Considering it is the Frosbite engine, I was hoping they would do some extra stuff like destructible environments and whatnot. Maybe that is somewhere down the line though since they have that stuff working already for Battlefield games after all. Either way, different engines probably handle differently, so thats why there may be some hitbox issues. I know that with Frostbite in Battlefield there was the issue of hits not registering since hitboxes lag, but I don't think that would be an issue here...I don't know honestly though.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So how does the item store work?

I managed to get enough funds to get the shield and ammo pack, wondering if they'll put anything up or if I should invest in a 3rd team to send into gold missions.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Bootcha posted:

Also FYI for people trying to figure it out, there is no 200% recharge rate or anything for taking tiny lightweight weapons like in ME3. It's just a flat normal recharge threshold till you're overweight. So there's no reason to bring anything other than what you can eck out around the threshold.

Also also, the threshold for vanguards is about lvl 8 before you can really start murdering things. Once you're over that hump, vanguards are fun. Unless you're fighting observers. Then you're sad.

Observers are why you carry a Talon. Sidewinder or Carnifex if you don't have one, or Charger if you're just starting out.

StarbloodKiss posted:

Something to consider too, Mass Effect 3 was the Unreal Engine and Andromeda is Frostbite. There may be differences in regards to how they handle as far as MP is related. So far they feel pretty consistent for me, though theres some awkwardness in ME:A that other people have already pointed out. Considering it is the Frosbite engine, I was hoping they would do some extra stuff like destructible environments and whatnot. Maybe that is somewhere down the line though since they have that stuff working already for Battlefield games after all. Either way, different engines probably handle differently, so thats why there may be some hitbox issues. I know that with Frostbite in Battlefield there was the issue of hits not registering since hitboxes lag, but I don't think that would be an issue here...I don't know honestly though.

Well, they did add some explosive canisters and such throughout the maps, which you can manipulate with Pull/Throw or blow up with a combo or just by shooting the drat thing. The canisters tend to apply a new elemental priming effect on the targets caught in the blast, opening them up for a second combo.

It doesn't seem like much but I have used it a couple of times to my advantage.

Speaking of Pull and Throw, it's really weird that they gave us this new and awesome dynamic with these two powers, but didn't add a class that has both powers.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Zakmonster posted:

Speaking of Pull and Throw, it's really weird that they gave us this new and awesome dynamic with these two powers, but didn't add a class that has both powers.

The Human Kineticist has both. Her kit is Pull/Throw/Lance.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Right so, I tried the MP on a lark, and turns out it's pretty fun! So which class do I want to start with to not be rear end for my team as I get many many more lootboxes until I unlock the one I actually want to play?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The infiltrator, engineer and vanguard are your best options for starting out. The engineer is the best when all your stuff is 1 with nothing but your starter weapons, but the others outpace it around level 10 in my experience.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

rizzen posted:

Right so, I tried the MP on a lark, and turns out it's pretty fun! So which class do I want to start with to not be rear end for my team as I get many many more lootboxes until I unlock the one I actually want to play?

Infiltrator is fun to start with. Especially if you have a decent sniper rifle. The default is ok at first. You can run around and use tactical cloak to get out of trouble/res guys without worrying.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Zakmonster posted:

The fact that they had no Day 1 DLC was a good sign.

It's more likely a sign that they rushed the game so much they didn't write any.

Not beta testing multiplayer and instead doing a spotty demo at PAX with two uncommon classes and 4 weapons seems to me to indicate a lack of effort.

I was in the Destiny Alpha test and even then the game looked great. A beta test with the common classes and weapons 4 or 5 months ago would have given them ghis feedback.

Hopefully they fix it because at the moment I am watching pubbies get wiped on bronze a lot.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Chasiubao posted:

Apparently SP only. There is another bonus you can pick up to their success as well by gaining knowledge about the various enemies.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Digirat posted:

This is dependent on how the game calculates what shows up in packs, which we don't know. It's entirely possible that commons being available will only reduce the chance of getting a booster or consumable, not another kind of item.

Either way the real reason to do it is because weapon mods generally have a much lower chance of appearing than anything else, so you'll need to get through the common weapons and classes before you'll get most of the mods. And having two mods for each weapon compared to none is basically just a buff for your weapons across the board, so you'll want those common mods.
Given how basic packs work, if you have all the weapons/characters/mods of a particular rarity maxed, then you'll get another type of drop of the same rarity. However, maxing all the drops of a rarity won't bump you're drops to the next rarity - you'll just get consumables instead. Max all the common weapons and characters, and the basic packs always will drop common mods (or uncommon) until mods are maxed. Once all commons are maxed, basic packs will just give you consumables and the occasional uncommon, but uncommon drops will not be more likely.

Besides mods, Maxing characters is also a good reason to go for basics. The extra 23 skill points are important for gold viability!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Did me3 even have a beta?

I have to admit though, almost every major multiplayer game has gotten a big beta/demo before launch this generation, it's not good for me:a that they didn't get to do one, even when they wanted to.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Yeah there was a beta for ME3MP.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Stickman posted:

Given how basic packs work, if you have all the weapons/characters/mods of a particular rarity maxed, then you'll get another type of drop of the same rarity. However, maxing all the drops of a rarity won't bump you're drops to the next rarity - you'll just get consumables instead. Max all the common weapons and characters, and the basic packs always will drop common mods (or uncommon) until mods are maxed. Once all commons are maxed, basic packs will just give you consumables and the occasional uncommon, but uncommon drops will not be more likely.

Besides mods, Maxing characters is also a good reason to go for basics. The extra 23 skill points are important for gold viability!
I remember always getting level 1 ammo / single use consumables when I opened basic packs in ME3, but when I opened bigger packs I'd get 3 or 5 use consumables. I think that's the same now right?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Stickman posted:

So opening basics does poo poo all for bigger packs, but it would eventually guarantee getting all of the "+1 max use per mission" for the consumables right?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Mango Polo posted:

So opening basics does poo poo all for bigger packs, but it would eventually guarantee getting all of the "+1 max use per mission" for the consumables right?

Correct, and it works like that for all rarity levels.

There's even a video on reddit of a whale who maxed out all the rares, but not ultra rares, and the 100k pack he opens is nothing but consumables.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Seems like the best plan might be just to max out your commons then invest in the 50k packs? Buy supplies or 5k packs when you need consumables.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Tsyni posted:

Infiltrator is fun to start with. Especially if you have a decent sniper rifle. The default is ok at first. You can run around and use tactical cloak to get out of trouble/res guys without worrying.
My Infiltrator runs around with a Charger X with a melee mod - I don't need no sniper rifle

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I'm starting to really, really hate Observers. A lot.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

GenericOverusedName posted:

I'm starting to really, really hate Observers. A lot.

Yeah, they melt you on gold with amazing accuracy, can't usually be melee'd, and none of the shield stripping powers work completely. (RIP overload)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

ShadowHawk posted:

I remember always getting level 1 ammo / single use consumables when I opened basic packs in ME3, but when I opened bigger packs I'd get 3 or 5 use consumables. I think that's the same now right?

Advanced packs at least still only give you 1 consumable per card for some reason. I forget if the better packs also do that or not. You can also get tier 1 boosters out of an advanced pack.

So I'm still reticent to waste consumables on higher difficulties because even though I have a lot, the rate that I'm getting them has sharply dropped now that I'm done buying basic packs.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Can't you buy supply packs for like 2k?

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

My commons are maxed out so now I'm only buying Advanced 20k packs, so I can gradually max out uncommons.

If I were to skip Advanced and only buy Expert/Premium Id miss uncommon cards, right?

This is all going to take a long time to achieve of course, but I can handle Gold and 2 matches is roughly 100k, enough for 5 Advanced packs, not so bad.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

No the packs with guaranteed rares can still give uncommons too, just like with commons.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

So do we know if any of the maps are completely bugged the gently caress out like Condor was in ME3, or was that problem solved?
I feel like I only play on the same 2 maps whenever I join a lobby.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I love Observers. Easy Backlash damage

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zakmonster posted:

Observers are why you carry a Talon. Sidewinder or Carnifex if you don't have one, or Charger if you're just starting out.

I have a Talon I, Sidewinder II, Charger X, and Eagle I. Is the Talon the best option out of them? I was using the Charger because it seemed to do a little more damage than the Eagle so far (lol) and just figured it would beat anything else as well.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I like talon 1 more than charger 10 but ymmv

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I have a Talon I, Sidewinder II, Charger X, and Eagle I. Is the Talon the best option out of them? I was using the Charger because it seemed to do a little more damage than the Eagle so far (lol) and just figured it would beat anything else as well.

If the Talon is still a loving beast like it was in 3, you should be using that.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Is there any decent newbie guides out there for this for people who never or barely touched me:3s multiplayer?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Is there any decent newbie guides out there for this for people who never or barely touched me:3s multiplayer?

Play a vanguard and max out melee, toughness, and nova, or asari adept. Either of these can do gold around level 10, which gives much more money. Buy the 5k packs until you clear out all the commons, then the 50k packs. Do Apex missions and buy Juggernaut shields to boost melee even more.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

I think I am going to temporarily retire my Krogan Mercenary. Big tanky gun platform feels pretty lackluster without good guns.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Not that I know of, but most of it is just "shoot space man" which is pretty self-explanatory. The exceptions are waves 3 and 6, where objectives pop up and must be done before enemies stop spawning, so get those done instead of screwing around like most of the bronze randoms you'll play with will. On the extraction wave (7), enemies are infinite too, so it's actually best to stay away from the extraction point until time is almost up, maybe at 20 seconds left. If you just run to the extraction point right away and try to stay there for two minutes, you will get swarmed to death by a legion of dudes who will come in way faster than you can kill them.

Unless you're actually having trouble with bronze, I'd save your boosters for silver and gold. For a number of reasons, it's a good strategy to buy basic packs until you have all the common items maxed out. Maybe grab the occasional advanced pack since the three uncommon sniper rifles are pretty good and will help you out if you get them.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Is there a Geth White Gold equivalent yet?

I did a gold last night on Derelict where we just sat in the basement. It didn't seem like anything but dogs and mechs would come downstairs

Also, krogan on silver effing rules:
http://i.imgur.com/MxfLRRM.gifv

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

moist turtleneck posted:

I did a gold last night on Derelict where we just sat in the basement. It didn't seem like anything but dogs and mechs would come downstairs

I can't get over how flaccid that headbutt looks. It is never going to sit right with me.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Is there a way to turn down the bloodshot effect? It looks much, much redder on my screen and the whole screen has a red hue instead of just the eye-veins. Pretty tempted to avoid Krogan with how terrible that effect looks on my computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Stickman posted:

So hold on, are the points deducted from the basic profile or extra?

Is it possible to get all 6s?

My female human engineer is at level X, is it worth starting to play her to get to level 20?

• Locked thread