Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Nephzinho posted:

Is there a way to turn down the bloodshot effect? It looks much, much redder on my screen and the whole screen has a red hue instead of just the eye-veins. Pretty tempted to avoid Krogan with how terrible that effect looks on my computer.

Don't forget the epileptic seizure-inducing flashing when the effect is about to wear off.

Seriously how did testers think that was ok, it is flat-out painful and makes me squint or close my eyes when it happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Well, I wore the geth scanner on every character in ME3 so those tiny red spots do nothing to me

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Thundercloud posted:

So hold on, are the points deducted from the basic profile or extra?

Is it possible to get all 6s?

My female human engineer is at level X, is it worth starting to play her to get to level 20?

At level 20/X you have enough points to max five of the skills at 6 and leave one at 1.

At level 20/1 I think you can get 3 sixes, a five, a three, and a one.

So basically it'll take forever to max rare or higher.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
So what makes the salarian infiltrator better than the human one? The salarian guy you need to unlock, which leads me to think that there must be an advantage to using him other than it just being a new skin with a different skill!

I've found success as a human infiltrator and have really enjoyed multiplayer (I never played ME3), so I'm very pleasantly surprised by everything! I got very lucky and landed an ultra rare N7 Valiant (I think it's called), so I've been using that bad Larry as I skill up. Is there an agreed upon "best" sniper rifle by chance, or is it more a case of use whatever you're most comfortable with?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Hackan Slash posted:

At level 20/X you have enough points to max five of the skills at 6 and leave one at 1.

At level 20/1 I think you can get 3 sixes, a five, a three, and a one.

So basically it'll take forever to max rare or higher.

Dammit. Fortunately the only characters I really want to play are the Kroguard and Krogan Engineer.

My human soldier is at 19 and I may take some of the common kits to 20 to unlock the prestige benefits and build up credits.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

So what makes the salarian infiltrator better than the human one? The salarian guy you need to unlock, which leads me to think that there must be an advantage to using him other than it just being a new skin with a different skill!

I've found success as a human infiltrator and have really enjoyed multiplayer (I never played ME3), so I'm very pleasantly surprised by everything! I got very lucky and landed an ultra rare N7 Valiant (I think it's called), so I've been using that bad Larry as I skill up. Is there an agreed upon "best" sniper rifle by chance, or is it more a case of use whatever you're most comfortable with?

Salarian has... Can't remember the name, but an ability to regenerate a part of his shield instead of incinerate. I prefer the salarian for that because it's good in a pinch.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Tsyni posted:

Salarian has... Can't remember the name, but an ability to regenerate a part of his shield instead of incinerate. I prefer the salarian for that because it's good in a pinch.
For actual sniper use the human's passives are way, way better- the salarian infiltrator seems to be more focused on power use with his passives.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tsyni posted:

Energy Drain

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
If you don't have fat for fingers, every class is gold viable at level 1. The new movement system owns.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Digirat posted:

Don't forget the epileptic seizure-inducing flashing when the effect is about to wear off.

Seriously how did testers think that was ok, it is flat-out painful and makes me squint or close my eyes when it happens

Alternate answer: never let it wear off. But yes, I had to look away and haven't gone back to playing Krogan Vanguard since the one game I got Rage.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Carrying pubbies through silver like....https://youtu.be/DDedAO_kolQ

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Zigmidge posted:

If you don't have fat for fingers, every class is gold viable at level 1. The new movement system owns.

Doors are tiny though, easy to want to back pedal or rush through trying to escape a beatdown, only to bounce repeated against a teammate or mook that's not looking at you. In fact, bouncing off things seems to be consistent with everything. Dudes will just vault over your cover and displace/slide you off and remove your cover, and afaik you can't do that to them (vanguard charge aside). Geometry seems to be tricky as well, you can get caught on an invisible ceiling collision trying to jump over things.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Getting bodyblocked in doorways is definitely a constant annoyance, especially with the dog enemies who seem able to take up an entire doorway three times as wide as them and also prevent you from boosting over their heads. I have been centimeters away from getting sync killed several times because of getting bodyblocked. A bit less friction on enemies so you can slide past when you boost would be welcome. That said the controls are leaps and bounds better than mass effect 3--I hardly ever feel like I'm fighting them, whereas in ME3 the sheer awkwardness of the movement was a constant thing dragging the game down, before you even consider that they tied 5 common and frequently-overlapping functions to the same button. I don't know if I can ever go back to 3 just because andromeda controls so much better.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Digirat posted:

Getting bodyblocked in doorways is definitely a constant annoyance, especially with the dog enemies who seem able to take up an entire doorway three times as wide as them and also prevent you from boosting over their heads. I have been centimeters away from getting sync killed several times because of getting bodyblocked. A bit less friction on enemies so you can slide past when you boost would be welcome. That said the controls are leaps and bounds better than mass effect 3--I hardly ever feel like I'm fighting them, whereas in ME3 the sheer awkwardness of the movement was a constant thing dragging the game down, before you even consider that they tied 5 common and frequently-overlapping functions to the same button. I don't know if I can ever go back to 3 just because andromeda controls so much better.

I am a fan of running away from a fight and not brushing against a piece of cover and then suddenly attaching myself to it.
That poo poo was the worst.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea some streamers warned that those with epilepsy or light sensitive should avoid the rage stuff since its so intrusive.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Bootcha posted:

Doors are tiny though, easy to want to back pedal or rush through trying to escape a beatdown, only to bounce repeated against a teammate or mook that's not looking at you. In fact, bouncing off things seems to be consistent with everything. Dudes will just vault over your cover and displace/slide you off and remove your cover, and afaik you can't do that to them (vanguard charge aside). Geometry seems to be tricky as well, you can get caught on an invisible ceiling collision trying to jump over things.

It's okay to admit you've got chubby hands

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Zigmidge posted:

It's okay to admit you've got chubby hands

Because of this, I've rebound every key to "F".

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

This game just crashed on me after playing it for about twenty-ish minutes 4 times in a row on PS4. I'm enjoying the multiplayer but I cannot believe the game shipped in this condition. 4 times. I have never had a game crash on me that many times on console much less in 24 hours.
3 total crashes and one hard lock (stuck on loading screen forever left it for over an hour just to check.)

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Tsyni posted:

I can't look them up right now but another thing that makes the unlockable classes different is their passive trees.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

And there goes yet another new and exciting glitch - I became unable to melee attack halfway through a round.
This is just hosed.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Nechronic posted:

I can't look them up right now but another thing that makes the unlockable classes different is their passive trees.
Yea, I kinda hinted at this, but Salarian support has the Offensive Tech and Support Systems passives while Human gets Munitions Training and Fitness. Munitions training is really goddamn good.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Two Finger posted:

And there goes yet another new and exciting glitch - I became unable to melee attack halfway through a round.
This is just hosed.

This happens to me a lot, usually using a power fixes it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

This happens to me a lot, usually using a power fixes it.

At this point I'd take the Vanguard Rapture over all of this bullshit.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yeah I've had melee randomly stop working quite a few times on my kroguard who I built around melee.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

moist turtleneck posted:

Is there a Geth White Gold equivalent yet?

I forget the map's name, but the one where you start on a rocky platform and if you go immediately forward and a bit left you'll get to a big building with a ramp up the left side. If everyone camps near that ramp, the enemy only has two approaches. One is up the ramp, which lol they're dead, and the other is the backdoor to the room, and it's easy to keep that clear since it is a doorway.

There is also a Dallas Book Depository very high up and to the right which will further trivialize everything if you have a sniper on the team.

Outlaw is the easiest faction so do that.

I don't know if this is a known strategy but I seem to end up on that map a lot more than the others. Pubbies seem to really hate the bigger, more fun maps. :(

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Is there a way to see my ping?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

gmq posted:

Is there a way to see my ping?

play vanguard?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

precision posted:

I forget the map's name, but the one where you start on a rocky platform and if you go immediately forward and a bit left you'll get to a big building with a ramp up the left side. If everyone camps near that ramp, the enemy only has two approaches. One is up the ramp, which lol they're dead, and the other is the backdoor to the room, and it's easy to keep that clear since it is a doorway.

There is also a Dallas Book Depository very high up and to the right which will further trivialize everything if you have a sniper on the team.

Outlaw is the easiest faction so do that.

I don't know if this is a known strategy but I seem to end up on that map a lot more than the others. Pubbies seem to really hate the bigger, more fun maps. :(

If you're with a lot of snipers, the outpost made of 2 story buildings can be fun. There's a single spot they jump up on the far left, anybody with a decent melee can keep it clear as they jump up one at a time. I dont think hydras can make that jump either, they always seem to come up somewhere else. Then there's 2 different barriers to crouch behind, and just click heads as people jump up. Doesn't work vs remnant observers but it funnels the kett and Outlaws really well due to them queuing to jump up. A couple of them will jump up to the other building and then never come across, too, preventing you from getting swarmed.

It's especially funny when meleeing them before they've finished their jump resets them back to the 2nd floor, you can just punch the same two berserker over and over as they take turns jumping into your fist.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Speaking of maps, it's kinda neat that all the current maps are remixes of ME3MP maps. The one that's small but has a lot of verticality is a remix of Dagger, there's one that's basically a cross between Reactor and Hydra, there's the Glacier and Condor ones, etc.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
This is the buggiest piece of trash I've enjoyed in a long time

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
I forgot the name of the map, but its the space one with the ships flying around shooting each other. Near the extraction pad is an elevated platform with two sides exposed, it works really well for hunkering down. I usually put a turret at the top on the side facing the extraction pad and watch it while everyone else kills everything on the other side. If you need ammo, you just run off the pad a few meters, refill, then run back. It works pretty well except against Remnant due to Observers.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Vanguards beware if there's a kineticist on your team.

If one grabs and throws your target while charge is casting, you jump after it like a dog chasing a stick... straight off the map usually.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Man I am still having a blast with the angara avenger, helped carry a wave 6 hack after the rest of my team died and got body blocked against remnant. Only silver, but gently caress the observers were the biggest threat there. Just wish I didn't have trash weapons.

Those big stompy bots are fun to watch waddle around once they lose their turrets. :v:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

tooterfish posted:

Vanguards beware if there's a kineticist on your team.

If one grabs and throws your target while charge is casting, you jump after it like a dog chasing a stick... straight off the map usually.

Any video of this? Sounds hilarious.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Who the hell thought having a boss with teleporting sync kills (so it can teleport next to you and then sync kill you straight away) was a good idea?

Plus side I reached level 20 with my soldier and unlocked Max shields Lvl 1. It's only 1% per level though.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Yes, tips for hunkering down, in this game with jetpacks and air dashes.

Thundercloud posted:

Who the hell thought having a boss with teleporting sync kills (so it can teleport next to you and then sync kill you straight away) was a good idea?

If you're in the big red circle, leave the big red circle.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Ein Sexmonster posted:

For actual sniper use the human's passives are way, way better- the salarian infiltrator seems to be more focused on power use with his passives.
The Salarian's upper rank 6 passive gives a flat 30% bonus weapon damage for 5 seconds after power use. That's basically a free damage evolution for tactical cloak.

Their upper rank 4 passive also gives +20% to power durations, which can make your cloak's cooldown shorter if you end it early.

RatHat posted:

Any video of this? Sounds hilarious.
It was pretty funny.

No video sadly, it kinda took me by surprise.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 27, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So it looks like each point of damage resistance is 1% more effective health, so it's actually pretty good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MECoOp/comments/61tctf/analysis_on_damage_resistance/

And it DOES work with shields/barrier.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Digirat posted:

The answer is: they didn't do any testing. At all.

e.

precision posted:

What's a 'dallas book depository' and where do I find it on that map?

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RatHat posted:

So it looks like each point of damage resistance is 1% more effective health, so it's actually pretty good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MECoOp/comments/61tctf/analysis_on_damage_resistance/

And it DOES work with shields/barrier.

Yeah I've noticed that even on Gold if you use classes that get tons of DR they won't die in a hot second like they did in ME3MP. Human Sentinel is pretty good for that reason, just run around detonating primers with a Talon or shotgun and use Energy Drain in a pinch. Against big enemies they can self-combo.

Ambaire posted:

What's a 'dallas book depository' and where do I find it on that map?

Sniper nest. If you go in the room to the left as you're heading to the ramp from the start point, jump up and there's a tiny room with a window you can shoot out of and basically never get attacked by anything.

precision fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 28, 2017

• Locked thread