Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So AJ and Alexa wins or what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Venomous posted:

they're really going to embarrass the Wyatt Family for the fourth Wrestlemania in a row huh

wow. Thought they'd want to create a great top heel, but noooooope

Would be hard to do with Bray Wyatt.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

novelty bet update

and my personal favorite

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I'd take those odds on Conor.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Take the No proposal bet

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Ring of Honour

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Spermgod posted:

Ring of Honour

If you're from the UK or Canadian, that's how the word is spelled. Same with Colour.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If you're from the UK or Canadian, that's how the word is spelled. Same with Colour.

The promotion, even when promoted in the UK, is called Ring of Honor.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Would be hard to do with Bray Wyatt.

Bray pinned John Cena and AJ Styles clean in the past couple of months. He has all the momentum behind him as champion, and he's actually been booked strongly up to this point. If they wanted a good, young main event heel to keep Smackdown going, it would be an incredibly good idea to have Bray retain against Randy at Wrestlemania.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Names do not change with languages

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Venomous posted:

Bray pinned John Cena and AJ Styles clean in the past couple of months. He has all the momentum behind him as champion, and he's actually been booked strongly up to this point. If they wanted a good, young main event heel to keep Smackdown going, it would be an incredibly good idea to have Bray retain against Randy at Wrestlemania.

just thinking about the two matches he annihilated the two hottest guys in the company is gonna be hilarious in hindsight when they squander it for Orton probably winning. I can't think of a stronger stretch in recent memory other than maybe Bryan beating the 3 top guys in one night for the belt.
I wish they just made the Sanity guys into more Wyatt henchmen but oh well

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Names do not change with languages

*Except French in Quebec.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
man has his family destroyed, his adoptive mother desecrated and his home burned down.

He's the heel.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
he also loses. spoiler!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aphrodite posted:

*Except French in Quebec.

Isn't that mainly just because they're elitist assholes?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Posting this here because it may as well be a spoiler, but Asuka won't be called up any time soon, according to Dave.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Booooooooo! She needed to win the Andre Battle Royale by butt thumping everyone over the top rope

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DarkstarIV posted:

Posting this here because it may as well be a spoiler, but Asuka won't be called up any time soon, according to Dave.

Wwe is a dumb company run by idiots.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

DarkstarIV posted:

How soon are we talking about here? If she drops the belt to Ember Moon in Orlando, she can feud with her for a bit before being called up, that's cool.

Is this because she has a heavy accent? If WWE is that worried, they could give her a manager. But they don't believe in those unless you're a monster heel (Brock, AoP, Rusev even if he doesn't need one).

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

By soon they mean never, as in she is never getting called up

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Forceholy posted:

How soon are we talking about here? If she drops the belt to Ember Moon in Orlando, she can feud with her for a bit before being called up, that's cool.

Is this because she has a heavy accent? If WWE is that worried, they could give her a manager. But they don't believe in those unless you're a monster heel (Brock, AoP, Rusev even if he doesn't need one).

I have no clue. If I had to take a wild guess on when she would be called up, it would probably be sometime after the Womens Tournament in May, so NXT has some solid hands down there. I imagine they'll have no problem calling her up once Evie, Kimber Lee, Kairi Hojo, etc are all settled in. Again though, that's a wild guess, and her being called up is completely unpredictable right now, especially since Vince decides when/if people get called up.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HHH vanity fed needs the work rate and star power, brother.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I feel like when she was signed in the first place, Meltzer said there were no plans to ever bring her to the main roster and she was signed specifically for NXT. Then again, I don't think anyone knew NXT would become such a thing then. Also, they've done such a good job of building her as an unstoppable monster that there's really very little else for her to do there and almost no other women's wrestler has any credibility/can get the crowd behind them when they're in the ring with Asuka.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Asuka is breaking the streak, beating Ember, probably a Nikki Cross program between now and Summerslam, and Ember wins after the streak is broken. They'll do a rematch program which probably will be pissed-off hellbeast Asuka, and then we get Asuka on the main roster. That way when she comes up after next year's Mania, they have the big streak to call back when she gets beat clean by Charlotte, and then they can say Charlotte is the best woman's wrestler ever.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I mean, Nia Jax sucks bad, but you might as well get some mileage out of her before Asuka comes up.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I really don't think they're going to bring Asuka up ever

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I could see them making her NXT's end boss. Like regardless of whether or not she's champion, anyone who wants to make it out of there has to beat her first.

Really she's still in the undefeated phase anyway - you can't have a dominant character forever, so it'll be interesting to see what happens when she starts losing.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I've heard that's why wwe wanted Hero too. To just be a guy in NXT and never get called up.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Djarum posted:

Surprised they have Neville going over Aries. You would think they would use Mania as a way to create a new star for that brand.

Neville's a safer bet than the Sandy Hook Truther.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

The_Rob posted:

I've heard that's why wwe wanted Hero too. To just be a guy in NXT and never get called up.

And Samoa Joe.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Venomous posted:

Bray was boring and bad until Randy Orton made him interesting again so it is only fair that Randy gets the belt.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Bray was boring and bad until Randy Orton made him interesting again so it is only fair that Randy gets the belt.

Rising Star Randy Orton

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if the title can only go on rising stars i hope you enjoy a promotion with no champions

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Bray was one of the hottest acts in wrestling when he feuded with Bryan and Cena leading up to Mania 30, pretending anything else was the case is revisionist history. It was not a case of all the heat actually being on Cena either, Bray was earning crowd reactions in his own right, not just playing out The Audience vs Cena Part 26.

That being said, his credibility has been shattered so many times now than even with the good booking and worthwhile storytelling he's gotten to be part of on Smackdown his ceiling is probably permanently damaged. Having Orton beat him might be the right call given how the crowd has been reacting. And I hate to say that because I love Bray.

If Randy is getting this title so he can have a big match with Corbin, Styles, Nakamura or... I dunno, Johnny Gargano? Someone I'm not thinking of that they're going to push strong enough and write well enough to make them an Ace-level star in 6 months like they've basically done for Corbin. If that's the reason he's getting the title, then beating Bray is probably the right decision. Bray might just be too damaged to make him retaining to do the same thing worthwhile.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Maybe Asuka will just get called up after beating the streak and the women's tournament will be for the vacated title

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sanguinia posted:

That being said, his credibility has been shattered so many times now than even with the good booking and worthwhile storytelling he's gotten to be part of on Smackdown his ceiling is probably permanently damaged. Having Orton beat him might be the right call given how the crowd has been reacting. And I hate to say that because I love Bray.

I don't think anyone is beyond redemption, they just have to book him strongly and credibly on a long-term basis. But since this company only pushes new people long-term by accident, they won't do that. He only has a ceiling because the company gives him one.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

Tato posted:

I feel like when she was signed in the first place, Meltzer said there were no plans to ever bring her to the main roster and she was signed specifically for NXT. Then again, I don't think anyone knew NXT would become such a thing then. Also, they've done such a good job of building her as an unstoppable monster that there's really very little else for her to do there and almost no other women's wrestler has any credibility/can get the crowd behind them when they're in the ring with Asuka.

NXT was more of a thing when she was hired than it is now lol. at least in terms of fan hype/interest. i guess they are touring more big buildings now.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Mar 28, 2017

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
MAKE BRAY LOOK STRONG is one of the weirder preoccupations of this forum imo

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Spermgod posted:

MAKE BRAY LOOK STRONG is one of the weirder preoccupations of this forum imo
Its because Bray owns and it seemed for a long time that he was going to be the person to step into the role of "supernatural guy with the awesome entrance" after Kane/Taker stepped away. Both of those guys still illicit "oh poo poo" reactions when they appear, which is where Bray should be by now too. Instead, because the WWE doesn't actually understand how to create new stars and then keep them interesting, you're more likely to go "oh its Bray again".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Gatts posted:

Booooooooo! She needed to win the Andre Battle Royale by butt thumping everyone over the top rope

It's called the Rear View