Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

Naw, it's a pretty great bonus because it's multiplicative. On a two person crew like the ELC you get a 50% crew XP bonus that multiplies with events, reserves and boosters. On a normal four person crew, it's a 25% bonus to your crew training, or you can catch a guy up faster if you're training a new Sixth Sense commander or whatever. If you've got two million convertible experience, it ain't like you need any more.

i'd describe that more like divisional but maybe i'm just in a glass-half-empty mood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcO_Tm_p5xc

dang, this dude had a monster game

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Got a Nicol's medal in the Crommy B.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3465552#stats

Not amazing but still disappointing to kill off 4 tier 8s in a tier 6 and still lose.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

As people suggested, I tried to slow down, be less reckless, and follow good players in similar vehicles.

30 games, 57.6% win rate and a WN8 of 844. Still not great, but an improvement.

I need to focus on cutting down the frequency of my 0 and 1 hit games, even if it means being more cautious and missing out on those games where I'm really aggressive and everything works out and i get a buffet of flank shots. Way more frequent is where i get tracked in a bad spot and shot by 4 enemy vehicles at the same time.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

As people suggested, I tried to slow down, be less reckless, and follow good players in similar vehicles.

30 games, 57.6% win rate and a WN8 of 844. Still not great, but an improvement.

I need to focus on cutting down the frequency of my 0 and 1 hit games, even if it means being more cautious and missing out on those games where I'm really aggressive and everything works out and i get a buffet of flank shots. Way more frequent is where i get tracked in a bad spot and shot by 4 enemy vehicles at the same time.

Don't always push forward if you have a weak tank, even if it's a heavy. Hang back from the main crowd a bit so they take the brunt of the damage while you lob stuff from behind. No sense in you pushing forward and getting rolled. It takes away from you, and even a damaged tank is still a gun in the fight for your team while a destroyed one is no benefit to them

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Aggression is your friend. Tame it, don't abandon it. If you aren't a scout never go where you don't have solid intel. That's what pubbies and their ablative armour are for. If you really must go there (or are a scout) plan your moves based on cover. Unless you are in a hideously slow tank 15 minutes is plenty of time to get where you need to go and do what you need to do, get out, relocate and shoot some more suckers in the arse. I have also discovered (but find harder to implement) that you need to watch your fight/flight reactions and try to default to flight. Unless you are in a Defender as top tier, getting away is more important than shooting face on almost all occasions.

In most matches there is a point where the battle turns. If you are alive and not pinned down then you can feast upon the previously shielded arty and lower tier tanks. This will definitely improve your WN8. Even on a losing side doing an end run and slaughtering the bunnies on the other team can be worth a bunch of credits and exp.

You are likely to get really good because you realise there is a problem and are trying to fix it. That puts you solidly clear of easily half the players mashing their keyboards in this game.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Cartoon posted:

I have also discovered (but find harder to implement) that you need to watch your fight/flight reactions and try to default to flight.

Addendum to this - you cannot allow the enemy to know whether you're in fight or flight mode. If you're fleeing, you need to represent a reasonable threat to whatever enemies want to push into you. Preferably, you'll be unspotted so you can get some distance before they know what you're up to. Similarly, if you're fighting it out but make it look like you're fleeing, you can lure them into your and your teammates' guns.

Say you're in the northeast on Fjords, and you've engaged enemy tanks, but it's just you and a bottom tier TD left. If you're spotted and you just bail, they're going to chase you and you'll be dead before you're halfway down the slope. If you can just keep them at bay for the twenty or thirty seconds it takes you to wiggle your way along the north mountain back to the hump, you have a much bigger chance of successfully making your way down to your base and around the middle. Or, if your teammates are all useless fuckwit TDs camping that northern peninsula, maybe you want the enemy to chase you, so you can spot them and hide behind the house near the bottom while praying your teammates actually bother shooting at the spotted enemies. Note - this never works. Do not do this unless you have reason to believe at least one of those camping tanks has a human pilot.

e: oh also sometimes you're just getting pushed by five tanks, and there is nothing you can do to stop them. In that situation, you can just turn around and RUN and hope they miss every shot somehow. Sometimes it works.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 29, 2017

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hey, any of the old timers remember this guy?

I spotted and recognized him in a random battle and greeted him with an affectionate "gently caress goons!"

He's in PANSY now if anyone wants to reacquaint with him. :3:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Hellsau posted:

Note - this never works. Do not do this unless you have reason to believe at least one of those camping tanks has a human pilot.

Very true. Tried doing this with a Luchs on Lakeville. All the heavies and mediums stopped to fire on a couple lights on the middle road, so I ran into town, found their main force moving through and spent time ducking and weaving through streets pot shotting when I could to hopefully get them pissed enough to make mistakes before bolting out towards my team. They steamrolled the whole team that were still focused on those two lights that weren't even spotted anymore. Plenty of bitching though in chat about that "dumb light that lead their team back to us/shoulda spotted the middle road, noob". Still trying to figure which would be the better choice in their eyes, die on the middle road or die trying to shoot three heavies and five mediums....you know, that I can't really pen beyond nicking paint

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

loving lol, got a 7v7 tier 4 match after waiting for three minutes in queue, and then I crew killed an AMX 38:

Been a while since I got one of those. Rest in peace, Pz1C.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is the premium sweedish TD worth it?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

It's a tier eight tank with 1000 HP and no pref matchmaking, so 75% tier ten matches.

No.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

RandomPauI posted:

The first week they were every goddamned where. Now you hardly see them. That should say enough

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Its a shittier UDES which is already very limited in the utility department. The UDES is only useful if your team is gradually losing which doesn't come up often. Annoyingly enough this seems to be universal for anyone average skilled or higher. If you get a game where it is a blowout (most games) it is loving worthless.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

:crossarms: he just got lucky with a bot enemy team, and yeah maus is like that to play now..but i still dont play it because like the e100 i find it boring anymore

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I love my Soviet IS-2. Everyone else I know who owns one seems to hate it.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Its a shittier UDES which is already very limited in the utility department. The UDES is only useful if your team is gradually losing which doesn't come up often. Annoyingly enough this seems to be universal for anyone average skilled or higher. If you get a game where it is a blowout (most games) it is loving worthless.

Well, it can be useful elsewhere. I've seen them do awesome on maps like El Halluf where you can see the enemy pretty much everywhere from a distance. There's always those dumb pubbies that run down into the valley too at the beginning of the match because "OMG gotta cap base!"
Highway just watch the field/north
Westfield would be a good place. Plenty of spots for a TD

But this is for an UDES, not it's lower class "premium" and definitely not very useful against T10 which you'll get a good share of. You're better off with an e-25 taking on T8s

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Do you guys think the E-25 will ever go back on sale? I missed that one when I took a few years off. It's really the only premium I want that I don't have.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

It came back last xmas.

Plus it's instant, free money for WG so yeah it's definately coming back.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

L-Boned posted:

Do you guys think the E-25 will ever go back on sale? I missed that one when I took a few years off. It's really the only premium I want that I don't have.

yeah its like the kv5 always coming back

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Saw it, couldn't resist, had to buy. Panther/M10 is fun as poo poo. It's a troll tank. One game and I already got called a hacker because I was able to block damage and another calling me a moron for taking a tank destroyer into the city on highway. People actually think it's an M10. loving lol, this game

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

That would be a weird thing to hate, its an IS but better.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Oh, today's going to be a good day...

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Pictured below: Fate of IS-2 haters

http://i.imgur.com/Ltfk0zb.gifv

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Forgive my ignorance, but are the reload counters something you can get in trouble for? That would be really useful.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

L-Boned posted:

Forgive my ignorance, but are the reload counters something you can get in trouble for? That would be really useful.

I thought they were considered illegal now but who knows at this point what WG thinks

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

BadLlama posted:

I thought they were considered illegal now but who knows at this point what WG thinks

I see. Do you have a link to it? The only one I could find only gave you a seven day trial. Thanks.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

L-Boned posted:

Short answer - no.

Reload timers that display stock reload times for the opponent are fine. Ones that take into account the enemy equipment and crew skills are not. Either way this isn't something Wargaming can track, so use it if you want it. Just don't stream with it on.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004
Well it looks like Wargaming already has their April Fools joke up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKlrZL4qIIs

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

HFX posted:

Well it looks like Wargaming already has their April Fools joke up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKlrZL4qIIs

Isn't that the crappy tank that people bought when the game first came out?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

L-Boned posted:

Isn't that the crappy tank that people bought when the game first came out?

It's the Clownshoe. It's one gimmick being that pubbies don't know where to shoot it to do damage.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

deathbagel posted:

It's the Clownshoe. It's one gimmick being that pubbies don't know where to shoot it to do damage.

It also got buffed so that tanks without excessively high pen just can't damage it frontally. Unfortunately for it the new tier 8 premiums have the pen, and also have great armor.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

It also got buffed so that tanks without excessively high pen just can't damage it frontally. Unfortunately for it the new tier 8 premiums have the pen, and also have great armor.

You would still drive it just to prove how bad pubbies are, admit it.

I mean that is why I pull out my KV-5 from time to time.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

HFX posted:

You would still drive it just to prove how bad pubbies are, admit it.

I mean that is why I pull out my KV-5 from time to time.

The M6A2E1 weighs 70 tons, which is awesome, but unfortunately only has a top speed of 29kmph somehow. Still heavy enough for some SICK RAMS but not quite fast enough for utterly cream the puny enemies before you.

Though I did get a sick ram kill on an M6 with my O-I last night.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

BadLlama posted:

That would be a weird thing to hate, its an IS but better.

How is it better than the IS? It has the same gun but the IS has slightly bettor frontal armor and the IS-2 has slightly more HP, no?

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

NotWearingPants posted:

How is it better than the IS? It has the same gun but the IS has slightly bettor frontal armor and the IS-2 has slightly more HP, no?

Yes, and since every pubbie is shooting gold now, I would rather have HP than armor.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

I thought it had better slope so it ended up bouncing more due to angle bullshit, also yeah the extra HP helps.

Also $90 for a joke tank, may do it.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 29, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

I thought it had better slope so it ended up bouncing more due to angle bullshit, also yeah the extra HP helps.

Also $90 for a joke tank, may do it.

Bundle it with 15000 gold and 10 million credits, Wargaming, and you've got my money.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I remember when the game was new, it was 14v14 clownshoes with the last 2 tanks being whatever was drug into the match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

The M6A2E1 weighs 70 tons, which is awesome, but unfortunately only has a top speed of 29kmph somehow. Still heavy enough for some SICK RAMS but not quite fast enough for utterly cream the puny enemies before you.

Though I did get a sick ram kill on an M6 with my O-I last night.

I got ram killed for around 300 HP of damage by an E50 last night. The best part is we were on the same team. :downsgun: