Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If Hamilton wrote poetry about how he was gonna overtake the poo poo out of people and then did it I would be 100% onboard the Hamilton train

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

NtotheTC posted:

Multiple "Overtaking? That's boring let's get more PIT STRATEGY in formula 1" advocates claiming the mental-stability highground ITT.

You're the rear end in a top hat still watching something in hopes of getting something that never existed. So gently caress off

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

TurboDrizzle posted:

You know who else insisted on starring in their own biopic? Muhammed Ali.

He should've had a biopsy instead.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Norns posted:

You're the rear end in a top hat still watching something in hopes of getting something that never existed. So gently caress off

I take it by "watching something" you mean reading this thread and "getting something that never existed" you mean you posting something that isn't pointless drivel

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

I take it by "watching something" you mean reading this thread and "getting something that never existed" you mean you posting something that isn't pointless drivel

My piss burns more than this post.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Drink more water wicka

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

wicka posted:

My piss burns more than this post.

Urinary tract infections are no joke

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Does being a Lewis fan automatically make your burns and comebacks garbage? Cuz holy poo poo there's been some bad ones over the past few days.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

daslog posted:

I see. In the interest of saving time, here is a synopsis of every F1 over taking debate ever.

“The drivers can’t follow the car in front of them because of all the dirty air from the Aero”
“Easy fix. Ban Wings”
“We like the wings. Let’s put grooves in the tires”
“The grooves in the tires are dumb. Let’s make the tires degrade artificially”
“Push to Pass”
“let’s make little aero gates the drivers can open with their knees”
“None of this is working”
“Easy fix. Ban Wings”
“We like the wings. Let’s make the tires wider”
"Expert X (Currently Ross) will figure it out. Form a committee!"

repeat forever.

The real solution has been known for years.

Also: Formula 1 2017: "Sounds bad, looks bad, all formulas are bad"

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Ali was charismatic, interesting, pretty awesome and the obligatory good and cool person who has a fascinating history. Their Lewis has non of these

Lewis should join the Nation of Islam & change his name to Muhammilton Ali

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
You guys have all really gone full retard recently, holy poo poo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

What was the best era of this thread?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

When it's locked for the next season

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

Remember when i got banned? Classic.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

2009, the year of everyone realising they were wrong and that that Jenson Button is in fact cool and good

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I can't wait to attend the USGP this year

https://twitter.com/circuitamericas/status/847101048846192643

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

CratSock posted:

The real solution has been known for years.

Also: Formula 1 2017: "Sounds bad, looks bad, all formulas are bad"

I'm pretty sure F-zero will be reality within my lifetime tbh

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Had to double take. Thought that was a Russian flag on the front wing.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Tony Montana posted:

To say that about someone that out-qualified you on more than one occasion, when there wasn't a drat thing wrong with either car, is a window into just how entitled and abhorrent LH really is. His kinda spaced out persona in Australia, talking quietly like he is loving levitating above us all is also infuriating. gently caress LH, great opponent for Ferrari to put in his place.

edit: Merc please give him everything he needs and more. Bill him as number 1. Design the tub around his rear end. Certainly make sure his engine holds together. Everything. I want LH to be clear that when he loses this WDC he can't blame the car again. I think if LH had to parse he might not be the best of all time he might just have a stroke and die

This is a couple of pages back, but I wanted to congratulate you on finally making a good post.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This thread gets infinitely better while quali and a race are on, most other times it's like watching addicts going crazy while waiting for the next fix.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

This is very important and everyone should know that Alonso is in fact Bernie Sanders. The champion we all need but do not deserve and who cannot win despite obviously being the best because the system is rigged.

:bernin:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

learnincurve posted:

This thread gets infinitely better while quali and a race are on, most other times it's like watching addicts going crazy while waiting for the next fix.

I have every GP on disk from 1975 and medicate myself thank you :colbert:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

wicka posted:

2013-16, because I didn't read it then. :newlol:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

wicka posted:

When you had to manually shift pages on awful.app

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje posted:

2009, the year of everyone realising they were wrong and that that Jenson Button is in fact cool and good

Jenson was always fine and drove well. Personally, I'm indifferent to him.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

The 2017 Aquafresh US Grand Prix

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Other than the DRS/Narrow wing years the last year in F1 where overtaking was easy was like 1983

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
1983 is good.

Also it's of example of a year where refuelling worked pretty well. Maybe it can work if done correctly.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

EoRaptor posted:

Double post here, but it's not the aero kit which is the direct problem, you can slipstream and get a decent tow, the issue is that the hot air from the car in front degrades your tires very quickly, overheats your brakes, and reduces engine power because it has less oxygen and gives less expansion when combusted.

This was present in older races, but tires were much longer lasting and engines were just less sensitive to hot, low oxygen air.

I do wonder if an aero design could be made to push hot air up off the track. Maybe terminating the exhaust above the rear spoiler, to mix it with fresh air and push it up a bit?

Pages ago but thanks for answering this. I guess I thought the biggest issue was the front end washing out and making the car hard to handle and increasing the tire wear from the driver having to fight the car.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

1983 is good.

Also it's of example of a year where refuelling worked pretty well. Maybe it can work if done correctly.

What does done correctly mean in this instance?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

Ideally Ferrari would not try to murder the entire pit lane.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NtotheTC posted:

In that it didn't wreck the racing. Some of the refuelling years were pretty bad.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

wuffles posted:

Pages ago but thanks for answering this. I guess I thought the biggest issue was the front end washing out and making the car hard to handle and increasing the tire wear from the driver having to fight the car.

It was. The hot air is a secondary issue. This year the tires can deal much better with sliding around without overheating, but brakes/engines will still have issues if they're marginal on cooling.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Whitey Ford posted:

We welcome Valerie 'Bernie Sanders' Bottas to the spotlight

Valteri Bottas is Jeb Bush. Low-energy Valteri

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Lewis should join the Nation of Islam & change his name to Muhammilton Ali

Holy gently caress if he did that I'd go straight on the Internet, buy merch and accept my destiny as one of his rabid #TeamLH members.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

A trailer just leaked...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjN15MkJV6s&t=105s

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Yeah, ok, I've gone through enough iterations of this thread to realize that its quality is somehow tied to McLaren. Cause its never been this bad in my time here which goes the same for McLaren whose literally a hobo's diarrhea.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Everyone knows Mercedes is still going to win WDC/WCC, right? Ferrari will gently caress it up on either strategy or reliability, that's even assuming we think they have the best performance right now.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Just let us dream for a little while, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Yeah, ok, I've gone through enough iterations of this thread to realize that its quality is somehow tied to McLaren. Cause its never been this bad in my time here which goes the same for McLaren whose literally a hobo's diarrhea.

The worst this thread has ever been was when McLaren won the title.

• Locked thread