Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Shoenin posted:

Who had the "gently caress you Ifrit ELT" Lightning again?

Dana and NinjaD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Shoenin posted:

Who had the "gently caress you Ifrit ELT" Lightning again?

NinjaD and Dana.

Dana Crysalis posted:

I did, btw, fix mine to the right setup, so you might be able to cut that time down.

Oddly, your Lightning takes 3 hours to beat Ifrit. I didn't look at gearing, so I guess that's the difference?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Thought I had Dana in my list already, then I saw its because friend lists are full.
Check with Ninja, he's full too.

Pretty please guys, be pals and help me kill this fartknocker boss :(

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

e: People please feed some MP pots to your Orlandus because your thunder death god should not be sitting at only 170-180mp. :(

I used all my stat pots on my other characters, I'm running all the Arenas I can.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The most powerful Orlandondorf I've got on my list is well into the 900s but at default MP :v:
Wonder if I should bother with that babbyExcal from the event

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Shoenin posted:

Thought I had Dana in my list already, then I saw its because friend lists are full.

Removed some 5 day goons from my list, have 3 spots open for people who want to kill elite ifrit for free. I'm not taking down that Lightning build until Ifrit's gone.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

MrLonghair posted:

The most powerful Orlandondorf I've got on my list is well into the 900s but at default MP :v:

Gilgamesh trial has convinced me to buy all elemental weapons from here on out because you just never know.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

MrLonghair posted:

Unless you got a hand full of Excaliburs from macroing, you'll probably want to get it. Even if it's going to be a just in case purchase.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

MrLonghair posted:

I picked it up for chaining and elemental coverage. Excalibur is better, but this is a hell of a lot easier to get. And if you're just running up chains, the attack doesn't matter much. I'd rather spend a day farming this event to get holy attacks on a unit than months of TMR farming.

It's also another weapon for the pile in the tier between TMRs and store bought trash.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Im just using the Blood Sword for the big beatstick Orlandorf until I farm the Swords from the group of Pecil's I have.

E: Oh, When was Batch exchange a thing and added? This is fantasic

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 29, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

Try Northswain's Strike, it's probably the single best MP to damage conversion around. It's honestly ludicrous how much that thing does for 3 MP.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Removed some 5 day goons from my list, have 3 spots open for people who want to kill elite ifrit for free. I'm not taking down that Lightning build until Ifrit's gone.

You'll be able to run a KO immune evasion unit that can solo Gilgamesh after the next content update as well. :eng101:

HGH posted:

Try Northswain's Strike, it's probably the single best MP to damage conversion around. It's honestly ludicrous how much that thing does for 3 MP.

A pair of 700atk Orlandus can clear all the ELT fights in 1 round with lightning stab. Use +atk buffs and/or imperil in cases where the Orlandus are both weaker. Lightning stab also sounds kinda rad, but not nearly as good as Divine Ruination's heavy artillery bombardment. :hellyeah:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I use Lightning stab right now running ELT. I only use the heavy hitter on the last 2.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Reminder that maintenance is early tonight and begins at 11PM PST until 5AM PST. Don't wait to drain your orbs and energy.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Kheldarn posted:

NinjaD and Dana.

Oddly, your Lightning takes 3 hours to beat Ifrit. I didn't look at gearing, so I guess that's the difference?

It's literally the same gear, and I've been running it myself for days, it only takes an hour for me, this seems super strange. (Also his has more HP pots, yes, but I didn't bother with'em. Full Attack pots though)

Shoenin posted:

I made room for you, Shoenin, and your friend request is still lurking on my waiting, so just accept that. :)

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I've finally TM mastered Montana, the friend point summon who has the Camouflage TM.
I have had him since Kefka was released(at least 6 months now?), and I have never missed a single login's worth of friend points.
I am now down to 5000 friend points.

What is wrong with this game? What is wrong with me?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yay! Thanks do Dana and NinjaD, and the new Noctics Noodles friends I added, I got my 1.2 Mil Y'shtola! AND I got a second one with Raid Coins!

Should I keep two of her?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

Yay! Thanks do Dana and NinjaD, and the new Noctics Noodles friends I added, I got my 1.2 Mil Y'shtola! AND I got a second one with Raid Coins!

Should I keep two of her?

Yes for the TM, then you could sell one, but I'll probably keep two.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)

Dana Crysalis posted:

I made room for you, Shoenin, and your friend request is still lurking on my waiting, so just accept that. :)

Thank you good sir.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So we've got what? Just a few hours tomorrow for the Raid, and then it's over? Any Coins I earn from here on out, I'm selling.

My final haul from the Ifrit banner:
Trust Moogles
Follower's Oath: x15
Hydaelyn Guard: x26
Shard Of Genius: x14 (Had to sell most of them early on because I didn't have enough Unit space...)

Units
Thancred: x106
Minfilia: x32
Y'shtola: x2

And enough Crafting and Awakening Materials to choke Ifrit.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

You have an extra week to use the summon coins. Ifrit goes away on the 31st, but the banner stays up till the 8th.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

I tried setting up a Macro for TM farming in Memu and while I got everything to work, none of my Lapis seems to show up.

I think it's because I originally started on an iphone and Memu is an Android platform?

Does anyone know what I need to do, or if it's even possible to get my Lapis to show up?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Such timing. I've got two free slots on 760,951,475 with a raid-spec Yun, 6042 HP, 647 ATK, 80% fire resist

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

fullTimeLurker posted:

I tried setting up a Macro for TM farming in Memu and while I got everything to work, none of my Lapis seems to show up.

I think it's because I originally started on an iphone and Memu is an Android platform?

Does anyone know what I need to do, or if it's even possible to get my Lapis to show up?

Yes, that's the issue. They're kept seperate, because Gumi. Sorry.

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

If I decide to start TM farming and link this game to my real FB account is there anything I need to do/turn off in facebook or the game? I don't want it spamming stupid messages or anything.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

HGH posted:

I've finally TM mastered Montana, the friend point summon who has the Camouflage TM.
I have had him since Kefka was released(at least 6 months now?), and I have never missed a single login's worth of friend points.
I am now down to 5000 friend points.

What is wrong with this game? What is wrong with me?

drat. How many friend slots do you have? I've had 130 since about September and I'm up to 3 Camos.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

I think its more a iphone thing, because apple throws a shitfit if currencies bought on an iphone get spent elsewhere.

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Kheldarn posted:

While Gumi does have a lot of questionable practices, this is pretty much squarely on Apple's heads. Its against their ToS for any hosted content to allow purchases with currency gained from a different platform. While theoretically you could split up your currency internally by "paid iOS, paid Android, free", in practice Apple isn't very thorough in their vetting before restricting an app for currency violations, so the standard practice is just to lock off all currency acquired on a different platform.

...I realize in retrospect that's not a particularly interesting factoid, but there it is.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

dangerous.hotdog posted:

drat. How many friend slots do you have? I've had 130 since about September and I'm up to 3 Camos.

Just the 60. But that's still hundreds of pulls.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

HGH posted:

Just the 60. But that's still hundreds of pulls.

You should totes get max 130 friend slots. IMO, the best lapis investment I've ever made if only to help out (or get help from in my case) more people.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 30, 2017

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
I may have to Lapis refresh at the buzzer, I'm at 1.165 of 1.2 million. No Y'shtola through any other means yet.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

got my fourth camo today

can't wait til every unit has two :3:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
ugh, I'm about to rank up, I better waste energy TMing and not actually use raid orbs so that I can rank up during story content tomorrow. Wanna rush to the Safety Bit ASAP.

Relatedly, the Kiyomori is kind of the best.

Lightning 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK+Light Element
Left Hand: Kiyomori +79ATK +10%Evade
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Demon Mail +10ATK+55DEF+20%Dark
Accessory 1: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Accessory 2: Safety Bit +3DEF+100%Death+100%Petrify
Ability 1: First Strike +5%Evasion+20%Counter
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Esper: Odin HP:5450 MP:3955 ATK:6250 DEF:4310 MAG:2075 SPR:2270
Total Stats: HP: 4932 MP: 271 ATK: 684 DEF: 282 MAG: 176 SPR: 200 Evasion: 100%

Say hi to the Gilga-killer, coming soon to you direct from Mysidia.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kheldarn posted:

This is a thing with video games in general and especially mobile games. Gumi couldn't have a unified wallet even if they wanted to (because Google and Apple will never allow it).

Dana Crysalis posted:

ugh, I'm about to rank up, I better waste energy TMing and not actually use raid orbs so that I can rank up during story content tomorrow. Wanna rush to the Safety Bit ASAP.

Relatedly, the Kiyomori is kind of the best.

Lightning 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Excalibur +120ATK+Light Element
Left Hand: Kiyomori +79ATK +10%Evade
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Demon Mail +10ATK+55DEF+20%Dark
Accessory 1: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Accessory 2: Safety Bit +3DEF+100%Death+100%Petrify
Ability 1: First Strike +5%Evasion+20%Counter
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Esper: Odin HP:5450 MP:3955 ATK:6250 DEF:4310 MAG:2075 SPR:2270
Total Stats: HP: 4932 MP: 271 ATK: 684 DEF: 282 MAG: 176 SPR: 200 Evasion: 100%

Say hi to the Gilga-killer, coming soon to you direct from Mysidia.

My god it's so pretty. Look at all those Quick Assaults. :swoon:

Kiyomori is indeed awesome and I love seeing my Orlandu occasionally dodge ELT Ifrit's stupid physical AOE because of it. I wish I had more than one Shine because it'd make keeping it on him indefinitely much more appealing despite the damage loss.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Evil Fluffy posted:

My god it's so pretty. Look at all those Quick Assaults. :swoon:

Kiyomori is indeed awesome and I love seeing my Orlandu occasionally dodge ELT Ifrit's stupid physical AOE because of it. I wish I had more than one Shine because it'd make keeping it on him indefinitely much more appealing despite the damage loss.

yeah, I rushed Shine TMs because yes. Though I just realized I don't have a paralyze immunity and I wonder if that would end up a problem. Only one way to find out, I guess.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Iakona posted:

If I decide to start TM farming and link this game to my real FB account is there anything I need to do/turn off in facebook or the game? I don't want it spamming stupid messages or anything.

No, it doesn't do anything with your Facebook account outside of storing your save data and showing you which of your friends play the game with legit Facebook accounts.

Cry Havoc posted:

got my fourth camo today

can't wait til every unit has two :3:

What actually happens when your entire team has a 0% chance of being targeted?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

No, it doesn't do anything with your Facebook account outside of storing your save data and showing you which of your friends play the game with legit Facebook accounts.

What actually happens when your entire team has a 0% chance of being targeted?

When everyone has lowered chances of being targeted they'd cancel each other out.

e: Then again, the stealth ability in Brave Frontier made enemies do nothing, not even HP threshold scripts, if all party members were hiding. It resulted in people soling literally any and all content using Haderon. I'm going to go with "everyone having camo means nobody has camo" in this case though.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
First time I saw Alterna used against me in Arena. drat that visual effect is sweet looking.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gonna blow some Cactaurs to get Ovilia to 5* because her sprites are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Finally finished Dualcast! Here you go Refia. Sorry 3 Yshtolas. Although I suspect 6* Tilith's event will drop next month out of sheer spite for me.

So what do I replace Ludmille with, Leon or Shine? My only notable 5* base is Gilgamesh so leaning towards Leon.

• Locked thread